ramana wrote:Maybe vidur can tell us?
1. Payment as per contract is responsibility of the contracting party which in most cases is Government of India. Raksha Mantralaya administers the contracts including payment.
2. Funds come from the annual budget as per Finance Bill.
3. Services enter into contracts directly in some cases mostly for local rations, minor repair works to buildings, and procurement of some non operational needs - tables, chairs, some items of clothing etc. Funding comes from budget as per point 2
4. Services do not have significant control on budgets and finances. For example, CDA (Controller Defence Accounts) IDAS cadre manages all pay, pensions and reimbursement of TA/DA (Travel Allowance/Daily Allowance on travel). They do a terrible job of this. Recently they refused to pay entitled reimbursements of travel expenses (train tickets, air tickets where authorised, daily food allowance) military personnel who are on sanctioned official duties citing lack of funds. I was personally astonished and shocked at this. If they had dared to do this to Civil Service officers the entire government machinery would have been brought to a halt. Armed Forces were not happy and their confidence was jolted. Some incidents happened. Damage has been done.
5. Press reports of 'large' outstanding dues to HAL are incorrect.