2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
kittoo
BRFite
Posts: 969
Joined: 08 Mar 2009 02:08

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby kittoo » 18 Nov 2019 14:28

Rony wrote:https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1196024547931119619

Union Minister Ramdas Athawale : I told Amit bhai (BJP President Amit Shah) that if he mediates then a way can be found out to which he (Amit Shah) replied "don't worry, everything will be fine. BJP & Shiv Sena will come together to form government".


I saw that interview of Athawale and i felt that he only said that Amit Shah told him that everything will be fine. And also that there was a Shiv sena leader behind them to him also Athawale said that some compromise should be made.
I dont think amit Shah anywhere said that they will be making government with Shivsena.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 23577
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 18 Nov 2019 14:32

twitter


Last question answer trumped it


Image

kittoo
BRFite
Posts: 969
Joined: 08 Mar 2009 02:08

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby kittoo » 18 Nov 2019 14:49

Vikas wrote:1. How much does Sonia trust Sharad Pawar to get into bed with SS knowing that this may not please the Islamic supporters since SS has been a bigger thorn than BJP ?

2. Why is it always that Saffron parties have to dilute their Hindutva agenda while rest of the gang continues with Minority appeasement in any political deal. Heard that SS will tone done on BR for Veer Savarkar, mute itself on RJB and TT whereas Cong will extract its pound of flesh by offering 5% reservation to Islamists in Mah.

3. Beyond Loan waiver for farmers, SS has no economic or social agenda. What are they going to implement when the buggers could not even keep Mumbai in decent shape in all these years despite owning BMC since ages.

Because its they who stand ready to give up ideology for scraps of power or money. This has been our history. The ones who fought for Aurangzeb against Marathas were Rajputs. Those who fought against Lachit were also same.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14734
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby pankajs » 18 Nov 2019 15:30

Beepul are getting impatient wrt Maha situation. A political churn is happening and it will take a bit more than usual for a clear picture to emerge.

https://twitter.com/iMac_too/status/1196255423222800389
@iMac_too

As advocate, Justice Bobde defended Bal Thackeray, Sanjay Raut, Subhash Desai in a contempt of court case

Vikas
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6828
Joined: 03 Dec 2005 02:40
Location: Where DST doesn't bother me
Contact:

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Vikas » 18 Nov 2019 16:42

kittoo wrote:
Vikas wrote:1.
2. Why is it always that Saffron parties have to dilute their Hindutva agenda while rest of the gang continues with Minority appeasement in any political deal. Heard that SS will tone done on BR for Veer Savarkar, mute itself on RJB and TT whereas Cong will extract its pound of flesh by offering 5% reservation to Islamists in Mah.

Because its they who stand ready to give up ideology for scraps of power or money. This has been our history. The ones who fought for Aurangzeb against Marathas were Rajputs. Those who fought against Lachit were also same.


It is sometimes said that Rajputs won Rajputana for Akbar.
That besides the point, UT has burnt all the political capital that Bala saheb had accumulated over decades as soon as he stepped out of Matoshree to meet NCP+Cong emissaries. With just one short drive to a hotel, UT lost the gravity and towering name that Thackrey's carried in Mumbai.
Bargaining power also depends upon location and display of power which Thackrey Sr. would use to hilt. Instead of a Royal Bengal Tiger, we this time saw a timid Leopard step out of Matoshree to plead with Pawar Bhau for the chair in Mantralaya.

Vikas
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6828
Joined: 03 Dec 2005 02:40
Location: Where DST doesn't bother me
Contact:

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Vikas » 18 Nov 2019 16:47

BTW what happened to UT brag of Delhi not deciding the CM of Mah ?
Now he is ok with Italians deciding the CM as well the ministries.

This to me is 1761 for Saffron Maratha forces when they lost to Malech apparently but will regain and retake everything back in few years. History repeating itself figuratively and UT is standing on the wrong side of history. It would take sometime to reclaim the Central Indian belt spreading from West coast all the way to Chhattisgarh but reclaim we must. The modern day Abdalis i.e. EJ's would love to ransack the bedrock of Indian cultural soul having vanquished Tanjore and Hampi earlier.

PS: Twitter is claiming the Supriya Sule, Daughter of Pawar bhau is married to first cousin of Uddhav ji.
Was U-turn Kejri right when he proclaimed,"Sub saale mile hue hain"

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 23577
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 18 Nov 2019 17:12

do we really need JNU and the crap that it produces in the name of "research".

Are there really commie/naxal guides for such crap :mrgreen:



twitter


Some JNU research Indian taxpayers paid for:

**Sexual behaviour of adolescents among the Akamba people of Machkos district, Kenya**

**Comparative study between Indian and Japanese prostitution**

**Leisure-time activities of college students of Delhi**



These Are The JNU Research Studies That The Indian Taxpayer Is Paying For



These Are The JNU Research Studies That The Indian Taxpayer Is Paying For

Ashok Kumar

JNU has been in the eye of a storm lately — after its students protested and held Delhi hostage following a fee hike, questions were raised about the subsidies that the Indian taxpayer provides to the university. India’s taxpayers contribute nearly Rs. 300 crore a year towards the running of JNU, which pays for 96 percent of the university’s expenses. JNU’s supporters,however, argue that this money is spent towards producing “valuable research”.

It might be debatable how valuable much of this research really is.

We went through the research work that JNU students have put out over the years. These students spend considerable time on these projects — PhD researches can take anywhere between three and five years, and students during this period receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 28,000 from the government. Apart from the stipend, they also enjoy subsidized accommodation on campus which costs as little as Rs 10 per month. With these freebies from the ordinary Indian, this is the research that these students dished out.

1.‘Rethinking Gujarati Identity through the Image of Savita Bhabhi’

Though not technically a PhD thesis, this research paper claimed to “juxtapose Savita Bhabhi with other cultural products of contemporary times and tries to conceptualize the multifaceted image of the ***** comic with various other popular media ” Savita Bhabhi might have been India’s best-loved *****, but one wonders if that justifies a researcher going through it for an extended period in the name of “valuable research.”


2. Sexual and gender relations in Mughal India


It’s not as though JNU’s scholars only study the sexual habits of contemporary India. They also go back — often way, way back. This PhD thesis aims to study the sexual and gender relations in Mughal India. While the sexual lives of the Mughals might have been colourful, it’s still debatable if we should be subsidizing this research in a country where millions still go to bed hungry.

3. Knowledge, attitude practices and sexual behaviour of urban educated youth: A Study of Kolkata


And if you don’t want to study pop-culture, or ancient history, but basically catalog a promiscuous summer you spent in West Bengal (and get the Indian taxpayer to pay for it), you can do a PhD thesis on the sexual behaviour of the “urban educated youth of Kolkata.”

4. Dress, fashion and femininity: A case study of fashion models, fashion designers, and women students


And while staying in a government-subsidized hostel at JNU, if you’d like to spend some time sampling Delhi’s famous clothing markets, you can take several years to study “fashion in Delhi metropolis.”

5. Consumerism and consumption: A study of markets in Delhi and Gurgaon


If you’d like to diversify your shopping, you can include neighbouring Gurgaon as well when you study “Consumerism and consumption: A study of markets in Delhi and Gurgaon.”

6. Leisure-time activities of college students of Delhi: A Sociological study


And if you’re loath to even leave your Rs. 10 per month hostel, you can do an entire PhD thesis while still in it. Someone in 1983 spent years studying the “leisure activities” of Delhi students, which was presumably a detailed account of the time they spent partying on the JNU campus.

7. Sexual behaviour of adolescents among the Akamba people of Machkos district, Kenya


But you can’t accuse the JNU of being too inward looking — they also do go out of their comfort zone to do their research. Someone in 2008 produced a PhD thesis on the sexual behaviour of adolescents among the Akamba people of Machkos district in Kenya. While the pickup lines that Akamba teenagers use are presumably fascinating, one wonders how the Indian taxpayer benefits from this “research”.

8. The Process of Decolonisation and Social transformation in South Africa


Africa is a region that also caught the fancy of JNU’s most famous export. Between politics, protests, and raising anti-India slogans, Kanhaiya Kumar managed to study the “The Process of Decolonisation and Social transformation in South Africa” during his time at JNU.

9. The reproduction of Islamic education: A study of two Madrasas of Mubarakpur, Uttar Pradesh


If you aren’t being fed enough Islamist propaganda at JNU, you can move to Uttar Pradesh and spend several years studying two madrasas, all funded by the Indian taxpayer.

10. A comparative study between Indian and Japanese prostitution


And the money shot? Someone in 2008 did a whole PhD thesis comparing prostitution in India and Japan. This thesis topic raises several questions: what promoted someone to spend several years of their life studying the differences between Indian and Japanese prostitution? Did the study involve any primary research? And perhaps more importantly, why did the Indian taxpayer pay for it?

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14734
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby pankajs » 18 Nov 2019 17:26

The journey from Matoshree to Mathashree ...

https://twitter.com/iMac_too/status/1196265031085608960
iMac_too @iMac_too

Uddhav postpones his November 24th Ayodhya visit. Madam is truly having her way now

kittoo
BRFite
Posts: 969
Joined: 08 Mar 2009 02:08

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby kittoo » 18 Nov 2019 17:35

chetak wrote:do we really need JNU and the crap that it produces in the name of "research".

Are there really commie/naxal guides for such crap :mrgreen:



twitter


Some JNU research Indian taxpayers paid for:

**Sexual behaviour of adolescents among the Akamba people of Machkos district, Kenya**

**Comparative study between Indian and Japanese prostitution**

**Leisure-time activities of college students of Delhi**



These Are The JNU Research Studies That The Indian Taxpayer Is Paying For



These Are The JNU Research Studies That The Indian Taxpayer Is Paying For

Ashok Kumar

JNU has been in the eye of a storm lately — after its students protested and held Delhi hostage following a fee hike, questions were raised about the subsidies that the Indian taxpayer provides to the university. India’s taxpayers contribute nearly Rs. 300 crore a year towards the running of JNU, which pays for 96 percent of the university’s expenses. JNU’s supporters,however, argue that this money is spent towards producing “valuable research”.

It might be debatable how valuable much of this research really is.

We went through the research work that JNU students have put out over the years. These students spend considerable time on these projects — PhD researches can take anywhere between three and five years, and students during this period receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 28,000 from the government. Apart from the stipend, they also enjoy subsidized accommodation on campus which costs as little as Rs 10 per month. With these freebies from the ordinary Indian, this is the research that these students dished out.

1.‘Rethinking Gujarati Identity through the Image of Savita Bhabhi’

Though not technically a PhD thesis, this research paper claimed to “juxtapose Savita Bhabhi with other cultural products of contemporary times and tries to conceptualize the multifaceted image of the ***** comic with various other popular media ” Savita Bhabhi might have been India’s best-loved *****, but one wonders if that justifies a researcher going through it for an extended period in the name of “valuable research.”


2. Sexual and gender relations in Mughal India


It’s not as though JNU’s scholars only study the sexual habits of contemporary India. They also go back — often way, way back. This PhD thesis aims to study the sexual and gender relations in Mughal India. While the sexual lives of the Mughals might have been colourful, it’s still debatable if we should be subsidizing this research in a country where millions still go to bed hungry.

3. Knowledge, attitude practices and sexual behaviour of urban educated youth: A Study of Kolkata


And if you don’t want to study pop-culture, or ancient history, but basically catalog a promiscuous summer you spent in West Bengal (and get the Indian taxpayer to pay for it), you can do a PhD thesis on the sexual behaviour of the “urban educated youth of Kolkata.”

4. Dress, fashion and femininity: A case study of fashion models, fashion designers, and women students


And while staying in a government-subsidized hostel at JNU, if you’d like to spend some time sampling Delhi’s famous clothing markets, you can take several years to study “fashion in Delhi metropolis.”

5. Consumerism and consumption: A study of markets in Delhi and Gurgaon


If you’d like to diversify your shopping, you can include neighbouring Gurgaon as well when you study “Consumerism and consumption: A study of markets in Delhi and Gurgaon.”

6. Leisure-time activities of college students of Delhi: A Sociological study


And if you’re loath to even leave your Rs. 10 per month hostel, you can do an entire PhD thesis while still in it. Someone in 1983 spent years studying the “leisure activities” of Delhi students, which was presumably a detailed account of the time they spent partying on the JNU campus.

7. Sexual behaviour of adolescents among the Akamba people of Machkos district, Kenya


But you can’t accuse the JNU of being too inward looking — they also do go out of their comfort zone to do their research. Someone in 2008 produced a PhD thesis on the sexual behaviour of adolescents among the Akamba people of Machkos district in Kenya. While the pickup lines that Akamba teenagers use are presumably fascinating, one wonders how the Indian taxpayer benefits from this “research”.

8. The Process of Decolonisation and Social transformation in South Africa


Africa is a region that also caught the fancy of JNU’s most famous export. Between politics, protests, and raising anti-India slogans, Kanhaiya Kumar managed to study the “The Process of Decolonisation and Social transformation in South Africa” during his time at JNU.

9. The reproduction of Islamic education: A study of two Madrasas of Mubarakpur, Uttar Pradesh


If you aren’t being fed enough Islamist propaganda at JNU, you can move to Uttar Pradesh and spend several years studying two madrasas, all funded by the Indian taxpayer.

10. A comparative study between Indian and Japanese prostitution


And the money shot? Someone in 2008 did a whole PhD thesis comparing prostitution in India and Japan. This thesis topic raises several questions: what promoted someone to spend several years of their life studying the differences between Indian and Japanese prostitution? Did the study involve any primary research? And perhaps more importantly, why did the Indian taxpayer pay for it?


LOL at these research studies of PhD students at esteemed JNU. We made such reports on markets of bangalore and what not in 2 days for some subjects at IIMB. What a waste.

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3528
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 06:37

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby ArjunPandit » 18 Nov 2019 17:42

^^earlier this year i saw the thesis of JNU blue eyed boy kanhaiya kumar and it was full of $hit...i have seen better work in a matter of week just by googling....

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 23577
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 18 Nov 2019 17:45

something that one had always suspected

twitter


An Investigation By The WSJ Reveals That Google Tampers With Its Search Engine Algorithms Under Pressure From Special Interest Groups, Big Biz, State



https://t.co/nNVtCJC7la

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 23577
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 18 Nov 2019 17:58

No Min of EA would have had the b@!!$ to give an interview like this in any of the previous regimes going right back to 1947.

Under Modi the Indian state has evolved and matured, in more ways than one and an Indian External Affairs Minister like Subrahmanyam Jaishankar could have been appointed only under Modi.

Jaishankar is quite refreshingly unlike any baboo that one has seen so far.

No commie/naxal baggage and completely in sync with Modi without ever appearing obsequious.

Needs confidence to do such a thing


Interview with India's External Affairs Minister

'With More Weight Comes More Responsibility'

Indian External Affairs Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar defends his government's isolation of Kashmir and explains how his country is doing better on climate protection than the Europeans.

Interview Conducted by Laura Höflinger

November 17, 2019

Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, 64, is one of India's most experienced diplomats. He has served as ambassador to Washington D.C., Beijing and Prague and as the high commissioner to Singapore. In May, Hindu-nationalist Prime Minister Narendra Modi brought him in as India's new external affairs minister. In Jaishankar's office, three pictures are on display that can be found in the offices of many civil servants across India: the president on the left, the prime minister on the right, and above them, the most famous Indian of all: freedom fighter Mahatma Gandhi.

DER SPIEGEL: Three months ago, the Indian government withdrew Jammu and Kashmir's autonomy. It also arrested hundreds of people and the region's population remained cut off from the outside world for weeks. Is India still committed to Gandhi's values?

Jaishankar: I think we have a fundamentally different understanding of what the problem in Kashmir is. Over the past 30 years, 40,000 people have lost their lives due to violence and terrorism. If we hadn't done something about it, the next 30 years would have been just as bad. Surely, none of us, including Gandhi, would have wished that on Kashmir.

DER SPIEGEL: How do you plan to improve the situation in Kashmir?

Jaishankar: Kashmir's autonomy ultimately served only a small elite. It prevented many of India's progressive laws from coming into force. Investments did not materialize. There were too few jobs. The lack of progress led to alienation and separatism, which in turn fed terrorism. Also, bear in mind that there are vested interests out there that want to fight us.

DER SPIEGEL: You're referring to Pakistan?

Jaishankar: Pakistan mostly, but also certain people within Kashmir who have assisted Pakistan over the years and who have worked for their own narrow ends.

DER SPIEGEL: Politicians, such as the former Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti, have been placed under house arrest. Why?

Jaishankar: Our intention is that politicians do not engage in any activities that could serve as a magnet for violence, as it has been the case in the past. A related issue is that social media and the internet have been used to radicalize. We want to prevent the loss of life.

DER SPIEGEL: So why cut landlines? For a long time, people were completely unable to communicate with each other.

Jaishankar: Because that's how terrorists would have communicated as well.

DER SPIEGEL: But how were people supposed to call an ambulance if they needed one?

Jaishankar: I'm asking you: How were terrorists supposed to be stopped?

DER SPIEGEL: The fight against terrorism justifies all means?

Jaishankar: What kind of a question is that? Terrorists have killed apple traders in the past few weeks. Grenades have been thrown at markets. People have died. Why don't you focus on any of that?

DER SPIEGEL: You feel treated unfairly by the Western press?

Jaishankar: There are people with strong preset views. Kashmir's autonomy was based on a temporary provision. But looking at the Western press coverage, very few acknowledge this aspect. There's a reason for that: It's an inconvenient fact!

DER SPIEGEL: Both Pakistan and China control a part of Kashmir as well. Do you feel it is hypocritical of the West to criticize India but not Pakistan or China?

Jaishankar: I think the world sees Pakistan for what it is. The country openly runs a terrorist industry.

DER SPIEGEL: Which Islamabad would deny.

Jaishankar: Really? Prime Minister Imran Khan speaks openly about it. I must give him that. He acknowledges that he has a terrorism problem.

DER SPIEGEL: You haven't mentioned Beijing. Chinese companies are planning large infrastructure projects in Pakistan, Nepal and Sri Lanka. What is India doing to counter China's influence in the region?

Jaishankar: Whatever we do, we're not doing to counter China's influence. Take China away for a moment: We would be still be investing in Nepal, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka the way we do today. South Asia is lacking regional awareness and I fault India for it, because as the largest country, it shoulders the largest responsibility. For the past five years, we have done our best to correct that mistake. The more connected South Asia is, the better it is for us too.

DER SPIEGEL: Still, China is planning to build the new Trans-Himalayan Railway close to the Indian border. Does that not bother you?

Jaishankar: There are already two rail connections between India and Nepal, and in a few years, there will be five. Nepal's border towards India is open, towards China, not so much. Many Nepalese are coming to India looking for work. How does one compare those things?

DER SPIEGEL: Many in the West see India as a counterweight to China's influence in Asia. How does India see itself?

Jaishankar: I find the idea of being someone else's pawn in some "Great Game" terribly condescending. I certainly don't plan to play the counterweight to other people. I'm in it because of my own ambitions.

DER SPIEGEL: Which are?

Jaishankar: In the next five years, we will likely become the most populous country in the world and, within a decade, the third largest economy. We have a large share of the global human talent, and if I look at the role digitization will play in the future, then I feel this is going to be a world where India can contribute more. It's not just a desire for a higher profile. We know that with more weight comes more responsibility.

DER SPIEGEL: What does that mean?

Jaishankar: Let me give you two examples. First, we have a close and emotional relationship with the countries of Africa and other southern nations. These relations are difficult to understand for people who haven't been through the colonial experience. For example, we run a significant development program in Africa that involves more than $10 billion. Second, a tsunami in the Indian Ocean caused severe destruction 15 years ago. The West responded. But today, it's a different world. Today, we take charge. Whether it's the severe earthquake in Nepal or the civil war in Yemen, the Indian Army went there each time.

DER SPIEGEL: Are you a player in the fight against climate change as well? India has grown to become the world's third largest producer of greenhouse gases.

Jaishankar: We have one of the most ambitious programs for solar energy and we help other developing countries to achieve their goals. In fact, according to the research consortium Climate Action Tracker, there are just five countries whose energy policies can be reconciled with the 2-degree goal outlined in the Paris Agreement: Bhutan, Costa Rica, Ethiopia, the Philippines - and India. We are doing better than Europe.

DER SPIEGEL: Still, researchers also point to the fact that India's emissions rose by 4.8 percent last year. When will India stop building new coal-fired power plants?

Jaishankar: You are putting it in a very absolute way. My answer depends on many factors, such as how quickly India can scale up alternatives such as solar, hydro or nuclear power. It is clear that coal is not our preferred choice. It's just that it's easy for someone from Germany to ask that question because your country has so many alternatives. We don't.

DER SPIEGEL: You'd like us to be more realistic?

Jaishankar: Or more generous. Or more true to your own commitments.

DER SPIEGEL: In Europe, U.S. President Donald Trump stands for a new era of nationalism and protectionism. India, too, has become more nationalistic.

Jaishankar: True, but not all nationalism is the same. Nationalism in Europe is fed by the fear that old privileges may not be viable in the future. Our nationalism is positive and dates back to the independence movement. We are also not turning away from the world. We are embracing it.

DER SPIEGEL: Does India share Europe's concerns that Trump may do permanent damage to international institutions?

Jaishankar: Let me explain the difference between Germany and India: You are in an alliance with the U.S. We are not. We are used to handling different American administrations who in the past haven't been altogether friendly towards us. We approach America as we approach many issues in international politics: with a high degree of realism. At the end of the day, President Trump is President Trump. We Indians are pragmatic people.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14734
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby pankajs » 18 Nov 2019 19:12

Image

Pawarful in reply to a question by jurnos about Maha gov formation. "Ask BJP-SS how the government will be formed".

Ok .. below is the english version.
https://twitter.com/TimesNow/status/1196312737766182912\
TIMES NOW @TimesNow

#Breaking | No end to 'MAHA' confusion, now NCP Chief @PawarSpeaks takes a U-turn. '@BJP4India & @ShivSena contested against us, how can Congress, NCP & Sena tie-up', says Sharad Pawar.

More details by TIMES NOW’s Samia & Kajal. | #MAHAStalemate

Both BJP and NCP are squeezing Sena for what it is worth given its eagerness to grasp power.
Last edited by pankajs on 18 Nov 2019 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14045
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby UlanBatori » 18 Nov 2019 19:17

Rsatchi wrote:https://t.co/lEKVetNlVC?amp=1
Is this really true!!!
If this happens then second time 'Mandir main prasad bhantane janapadega'(First after the RJB verdict) :lol: :lol:

Bliss 2 give more detail, bliss:

NDTV closing down? Auditor’s Report tells that NDTV is not a Going Concern citing huge losses and liabilities
NDTV about to close operations because of unpaid taxes? Auditor's Report seems to suggest so
By
Team PGurus -
November 17, 2019

I phorgot. It was not FBI that brought down Al Capone. It was the IRS. But.. surely this is an Opportunity for the good Ummah or Politburo to come to the aid of their slave?

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4920
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vijayk » 18 Nov 2019 19:19

https://twitter.com/MrsGandhi/status/11 ... 8320761856

Just watch the video there ... PAPPU on Savarkar ... I hope someone shows this on Marathi TV every day

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14734
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby pankajs » 18 Nov 2019 19:20

Don't count the chickens before they hatch. NDTV is the only fully BIF driven media outlet amongst the main stream and that provides leads to foreign publication for their own agenda.

I expect BIF forces to pitch in to save this media bastion of theirs.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14045
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby UlanBatori » 18 Nov 2019 19:21

ArjunPandit wrote:^^earlier this year i saw the thesis of JNU blue eyed boy kanhaiya kumar and it was full of $hit...i have seen better work in a matter of week just by googling....

Any chance of posting a link?

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14045
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby UlanBatori » 18 Nov 2019 19:22

pankajs wrote:I expect BIF forces to pitch in to save this media bastion of theirs.

Ah, yes. In full view and hearing of the "Auditors" who will wonder how the Bottom Line magically turned Green/Red. :mrgreen:
I have a contrary opinion:
1) NDTV is suffering BECAUSE BIFfers are shying away. Even Darka bibi occasionally comes out with sensible views once or twice a month these days. Intolerable.
2) It may ba a great opportunity to actually do something positive and buy them out lock stock and url. Who knows? Even Darka bibi and her under-studies may discover pride in their nation, because their Hearts and Minds will be won over.

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4920
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vijayk » 18 Nov 2019 19:33

Buy and keep the same garbage? Omar's keep, Natak Roy etc.? Clean the garbage

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3528
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 06:37

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby ArjunPandit » 18 Nov 2019 19:33

UlanBatori wrote:
ArjunPandit wrote:^^earlier this year i saw the thesis of JNU blue eyed boy kanhaiya kumar and it was full of $hit...i have seen better work in a matter of week just by googling....

Any chance of posting a link?

https://ijheps.org/journal/389/THE-PROC ... UTH-AFRICA

you will have to register there......but the questions I had were
0. is it the complete masterpiece
1. does it take few years to write 8 pages (including half for references)? Afterall i used to take few extra sheets even during a 3 hours exam and quote things much faster even during my school exams
2. how many field trips were organized, if no then why so long? afterall its just an intellectual grandmasti
3. who was the guide and wth was his role?
but then i have heard donkey hunt is more cruely in south of ulanbator in nei mongol..so happy hunting
Last edited by ArjunPandit on 18 Nov 2019 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

sudarshan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2544
Joined: 09 Aug 2008 08:56

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby sudarshan » 18 Nov 2019 19:35

Jaishankar ji is amazing. To put Der Spiegel in its place like that :eek: . Respect.

UlanBatori wrote:2) It may ba a great opportunity to actually do something positive and buy them out lock stock and url.


:rotfl:

I remember :rotfl: ing when Shiv ji once said "old whine in new bottle" to some whining member. This is right up there with that.

But but but... WTH is going on here?

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/strong-bu ... -elections

Rajni and Kamal getting together? And both being endorsed by Joseph Vijay? I thought Rajni was supposed to be on the right side? Did he go over to the dark side?

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14045
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby UlanBatori » 18 Nov 2019 19:40

vijayk wrote:Buy and keep the same garbage? Omar's keep, Natak Roy etc.? Clean the garbage

If Omar can "keep" them (and his Power, Pelf etc are now gone) so can others. The trouble with a clean sweep is that these have massive followings. When you think of UndieTV, what comes to mind? (ugh!) These are their only Assettes.

Winning Hearts and Minds is far easier. Consider that they have no conscience worth mentioning. I bet Dara Butt can wear saffron in a flash. If even the original jungal dakoo could utter RamaRamaRama... and turn into Valmiki, why not Darka, hain?
Last edited by UlanBatori on 18 Nov 2019 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14734
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby pankajs » 18 Nov 2019 19:45

UlanBatori wrote:
pankajs wrote:I expect BIF forces to pitch in to save this media bastion of theirs.

Ah, yes. In full view and hearing of the "Auditors" who will wonder how the Bottom Line magically turned Green/Red. :mrgreen:
I have a contrary opinion:
1) NDTV is suffering BECAUSE BIFfers are shying away. Even Darka bibi occasionally comes out with sensible views once or twice a month these days. Intolerable.
2) It may ba a great opportunity to actually do something positive and buy them out lock stock and url. Who knows? Even Darka bibi and her under-studies may discover pride in their nation, because their Hearts and Minds will be won over.

Sun TV has great balance sheet and are highly profitable. Even Al-Chindu can get into national news segment with NDTV. DMK or Al-Chindu's pov are not too different from NDTV's.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14734
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby pankajs » 18 Nov 2019 19:49

Seems the opposition is mainly from CON ... but lets wait. Perhaps for an unusual discount from the Sena CON will buy its CM ship. Game on hai!

https://twitter.com/singhvarun/status/1 ... 9411046401
Singh Varun @singhvarun

Sources : Both RG & PG against supporting SS

At least 7-state units, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, UP, Bihar, MP, Rajasthan opposing support to SS.

The biggest Bomb Pawar’s U-turn.

Rsatchi
BRFite
Posts: 889
Joined: 04 Aug 2019 22:03

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Rsatchi » 18 Nov 2019 20:18

UlanBatori wrote:
vijayk wrote:Buy and keep the same garbage? Omar's keep, Natak Roy etc.? Clean the garbage

If Omar can "keep" them (and his Power, Pelf etc are now gone) so can others. The trouble with a clean sweep is that these have massive followings. When you think of UndieTV, what comes to mind? (ugh!) These are their only Assettes.

Winning Hearts and Minds is far easier. Consider that they have no conscience worth mentioning. I bet Dara Butt can wear saffron in a flash. If even the original jungal dakoo could utter RamaRamaRama... and turn into Valmiki, why not Darka, hain?

Sirji
Before wearing anything should she be hauled before a magistrate for supporting terrorism(her interview substantiating muslim atrocities on K pandits) or some stupid US committee for 26/11 reporting and loss of Emmrican lifes. :shock:
Also a noob pooch: has a look notice been issued against Roy and Begum what if they try to leave the country?

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 23577
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 18 Nov 2019 20:20

twitter


Maharashtra’s coalition in a picture


Image

Sanju
BRFite
Posts: 1201
Joined: 14 Aug 2005 01:00
Location: North of 49

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Sanju » 18 Nov 2019 20:22

Rsatchi wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:If Omar can "keep" them (and his Power, Pelf etc are now gone) so can others. The trouble with a clean sweep is that these have massive followings. When you think of UndieTV, what comes to mind? (ugh!) These are their only Assettes.

Winning Hearts and Minds is far easier. Consider that they have no conscience worth mentioning. I bet Dara Butt can wear saffron in a flash. If even the original jungal dakoo could utter RamaRamaRama... and turn into Valmiki, why not Darka, hain?

Sirji
Before wearing anything should she be hauled before a magistrate for supporting terrorism(her interview substantiating muslim atrocities on K pandits) or some stupid US committee for 26/11 reporting and loss of Emmrican lifes. :shock:
Also a noob pooch: has a look notice been issued against Roy and Begum what if they try to leave the country?



IIRC correctly, Roy Mia & Begum were stopped at the airport recently.

Found it.

Stop in the name of love..

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 23577
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 18 Nov 2019 21:32

Rsatchi wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:If Omar can "keep" them (and his Power, Pelf etc are now gone) so can others. The trouble with a clean sweep is that these have massive followings. When you think of UndieTV, what comes to mind? (ugh!) These are their only Assettes.

Winning Hearts and Minds is far easier. Consider that they have no conscience worth mentioning. I bet Dara Butt can wear saffron in a flash. If even the original jungal dakoo could utter RamaRamaRama... and turn into Valmiki, why not Darka, hain?

Sirji
Before wearing anything should she be hauled before a magistrate for supporting terrorism(her interview substantiating muslim atrocities on K pandits) or some stupid US committee for 26/11 reporting and loss of Emmrican lifes. :shock:
Also a noob pooch: has a look notice been issued against Roy and Begum what if they try to leave the country?



they were both very recently intercepted at the airport and told to go back. :mrgreen:

apparently, they were going to south africa for a "holiday"

Yahan se nahi bhaga toh jail mein sadaenge.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 23577
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 18 Nov 2019 21:38

two conditions should be imposed on the SS.

kick raut out

no one from the family will get any govt post or ministership



twitter


Latest that I have heard from the #ShivSena camp - Uddhav Thackrey has given clear instructions to partymen not utter a word against the BJP. This space is only getting interesting #MaharashtraPoliticalCrisis #Maharashtra #BJP

6:05 AM - 18 Nov 2019

titash
BRFite
Posts: 398
Joined: 26 Aug 2011 18:44

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby titash » 18 Nov 2019 22:46

Absolutely spot on Chetak-ji,

I was surprised at the gall of the historically subservient Hindoo to speak up and openly question the credibility & comprehension of a white interviewer in a well known western publication.

If that bloody Mudi stays on for another 5 years, the world will have to look for new coolies. Even the JNU leftists may think they need not suck up to NYT, WaPo, Deep State, Ummah, etc.

chetak wrote:No Min of EA would have had the b@!!$ to give an interview like this in any of the previous regimes going right back to 1947.

Under Modi the Indian state has evolved and matured, in more ways than one and an Indian External Affairs Minister like Subrahmanyam Jaishankar could have been appointed only under Modi.

Jaishankar is quite refreshingly unlike any baboo that one has seen so far.

No commie/naxal baggage and completely in sync with Modi without ever appearing obsequious.

Needs confidence to do such a thing

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3528
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 06:37

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby ArjunPandit » 18 Nov 2019 22:55

Rsatchi wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:If Omar can "keep" them (and his Power, Pelf etc are now gone) so can others. The trouble with a clean sweep is that these have massive followings. When you think of UndieTV, what comes to mind? (ugh!) These are their only Assettes.

Winning Hearts and Minds is far easier. Consider that they have no conscience worth mentioning. I bet Dara Butt can wear saffron in a flash. If even the original jungal dakoo could utter RamaRamaRama... and turn into Valmiki, why not Darka, hain?

Sirji
Before wearing anything should she be hauled before a magistrate for supporting terrorism(her interview substantiating muslim atrocities on K pandits) or some stupid US committee for 26/11 reporting and loss of Emmrican lifes. :shock:
Also a noob pooch: has a look notice been issued against Roy and Begum what if they try to leave the country?

i think using her as a turn coat of much more use right now..they are a 'credible' voice in bestern circles...unlike loudmouth doorknob and sudhir tihadi..they are a credible voice and gives them the view of 'fair' and 'balanced' voices coming from the land of heathen, poor people and hungry people...i am sure with right knobs these guys can be made to sing like lata mangeshkar tai.....

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2552
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby ShyamSP » 18 Nov 2019 22:55

chetak wrote:two conditions should be imposed on the SS.

kick raut out

no one from the family will get any govt post or ministership



twitter


Latest that I have heard from the #ShivSena camp - Uddhav Thackrey has given clear instructions to partymen not utter a word against the BJP. This space is only getting interesting #MaharashtraPoliticalCrisis #Maharashtra #BJP

6:05 AM - 18 Nov 2019


It is better for BJP to give them posts and stop this MH drama as it is not looking good for two Hindu parties fighting each other. Best thing is make UT CM on the condition that SS merges into BJP completely. :)

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4920
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vijayk » 18 Nov 2019 22:58

UT is DumbA$$ moron. That moron will certainly lose MH forever given 5 years of his PAPPU rule.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 23577
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 18 Nov 2019 23:27

vijayk wrote:UT is DumbA$$ moron. That moron will certainly lose MH forever given 5 years of his PAPPU rule.


and drag the BJP down with him.

He is certainly not used to taking responsibility.

That could be a genetic trait as well because people who only know how to run things from behind the scenes are not going to be hot on things like accountability and responsibility.

They will be more tuned to the concept of a sacrificial goat as a management technique.

Right now, the SS line of succession is beginning to look increasingly iffy and the SS is probably in an existential crisis situation.

Either way, the pedantic SS leadership has grossly misplayed their already weak hand and have also foolishly and shortsightedly revealed their cards without ever having really seen their opponent's hands.

Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2653
Joined: 31 Mar 2009 00:10

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Prem Kumar » 18 Nov 2019 23:45

UlanBatori wrote:It may ba a great opportunity to actually do something positive and buy them out lock stock and url


Slightly different take. NDTV must be given the Neutron Bomb treatment. Eliminate the staff. Keep the infra.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14734
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby pankajs » 18 Nov 2019 23:50

https://twitter.com/rssurjewala/status/ ... 2255660033
Randeep Singh Surjewala @rssurjewala

Sh. Sharad Pawar met the Congress President today and briefed her on the situation in Maharashtra. It was decided that in a day or two, representatives from NCP & Congress will meet in Delhi to discuss the way forward.

Last week itself the 3 parties had met and finalized a deal. All that was left was Matashree's ok.

So this NCP/CON meet again is going to delay the whole thing. And then they will need to have a Sena/NCP/CON meet to draw up the latest agreement. And then it will again need to be sent to MataShree for approval.

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1196411838423953411
ANI @ANI

Sharad Pawar after meeting Sonia Gandhi: We discussed in detail about Maharashtra's political situation. I briefed her on it. Mr. AK Antony was also there. Certain leaders of both(Congress-NCP) parties will meet and discuss further and get back to us

https://twitter.com/iMac_too/status/1196417341405331456
iMac_too @iMac_too

Mentioning presence of Antony is a dead giveaway
So the issue seems to be with CON extending support to Sena and its likely impact on CON prospects elsewhere. Sena will have to turn greener to bring a re-alignment with CON.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 23577
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 19 Nov 2019 00:02

the story of 40 SS MLAs splitting has been doing the rounds almost from day 1.

UT/AT may really be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

More so, with idiot sanjay raut wantonly pouring fuel on the blazing embers.


Sena MLAs upset with Uddhav for joining hands with Congress and NCP, say insiders



Sena MLAs upset with Uddhav for joining hands with Congress and NCP, say insiders


Last week, the unrest amongst the MLAs had reportedly led to ugly scenes at the hotel. The MLAs engaged in abusive arguments and even physical fights, sources said.


18th November 2019

MUMBAI: As the drama over government formation in Maharashtra continues, Shiv Sena insiders have revealed that a major chunk of party MLAs was unhappy with Uddhav Thackeray when he announced his decision to join hands with the Congress and the NCP to form a government in the state.

This massive unrest among the MLAs was one of the reasons why they were allowed to return to their respective homes, party sources have claimed.

After the BJP declined the Maharashtra governor’s invitation to form the government, the Shiv Sena had shifted all its MLAs to a hotel in Mumbai. It was at this hotel that the MLAs expressed serious concerns over the party leadership's stand to seek support from Congress and NCP for government formation in the state.

Initially, the dissent was meek but it grew louder with each passing day and that was one of the reasons why the party leadership decided to let MLAs to return to their homes, Shiv Sena insiders have said.

Last week, the unrest amongst the MLAs had reportedly led to ugly scenes at the hotel. The MLAs engaged in abusive arguments and even physical fights, sources said. These fights were one of the reasons why Aaditya Thackeray had to rush to the hotel almost around midnight to calm them down, they added.

The Shiv Sena has 56 MLAs of its own and they lodged at Hotel Retreat in the Western Mumbai suburb of Malad to allay fears of poaching. As many as 40 out of these MLAs were on the verge of revolt.

“How can we justify joining hands with those against whom we have contested for years,” the MLAs had asked the party leadership which couldn’t provide satisfactory answers, the sources said.

While the Congress and the NCP have not been able to decide on allying with the Shiv Sena, the internal dilemma within the Uddhav Thackeray-led party too might have an impact on the politics of Maharashtra in the days to come.


ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2552
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby ShyamSP » 19 Nov 2019 00:12

chetak wrote:
vijayk wrote:UT is DumbA$$ moron. That moron will certainly lose MH forever given 5 years of his PAPPU rule.


and drag the BJP down with him.

He is certainly not used to taking responsibility.

That could be a genetic trait as well because people who only know how to run things from behind the scenes are not going to be hot on things like accountability and responsibility.

They will be more tuned to the concept of a sacrificial goat as a management technique.

Right now, the SS line of succession is beginning to look increasingly iffy and the SS is probably in an existential crisis situation.

Either way, the pedantic SS leadership has grossly misplayed their already weak hand and have also foolishly and shortsightedly revealed their cards without ever having really seen their opponent's hands.

This drama episode showed a lot of hands. Sun Tsu says some times stupidity of self reveals cunningness of opponent (I made it up :) ). I originally thought they or self pushed SS to NCP and INC to avoid anti-incumbency in 3-4 years affecting general election in MH.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 23577
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 19 Nov 2019 00:19

twitter


#MAHAStalemate Sharad Pawar has to remember two things as he has 2 options only

1. Remember the glory and respect of Padma Vibhushan

or

2. Remember the professionalism of ED, CBI, etc

that the fulcrum of Maha politics now in a nutshell

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14734
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby pankajs » 19 Nov 2019 00:21

ShyamSP wrote:It is better for BJP to give them posts and stop this MH drama as it is not looking good for two Hindu parties fighting each other. Best thing is make UT CM on the condition that SS merges into BJP completely. :)

Shah has been clear from day 1 that DF is going to be the CM for the full 5 years of a BJP/Sena alliance. IF BJP wanted to compromise on that it would have done it long back.

BJP infact pushed the Sena towards NCP/CON by refusing to bargain on that point.


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rajkumar, RohanB, S_Madhukar, tarun and 36 guests