Understanding the US - Again

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Vikas
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6828
Joined: 03 Dec 2005 02:40
Location: Where DST doesn't bother me
Contact:

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Vikas » 27 Feb 2020 16:08

I doubt if DNC will let Bernie get away with nomination easily.
On Top, beating a incumbent POTUS will be hard to pull off.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14045
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby UlanBatori » 28 Feb 2020 09:37

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-i ... _icymi_hed

Trump impersonator interrupts Vice President Mike Pence's CPAC speech
Police escorted the impersonator out, but weren't pursuing charges.

hnair
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3849
Joined: 03 May 2006 01:31
Location: Trivandrum

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby hnair » 28 Feb 2020 15:18

The wackiest analysis yet:

Thomas Friedman: Democrats, here’s the sure-fire way to defeat Donald Trump

Which is fine, however this caught my eye:

“I am asking Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to serve as our U.N. ambassador. Can you imagine how our international standing would improve with youth worldwide with her representing next-gen America? And I want Sen. Michael Bennet, the former superintendent of the Denver Public Schools, to be my secretary of education. No one understands education reform better than he does. Silicon Valley Congressman Ro Khanna would be an ideal secretary of labor, balancing robots and workers to create “new collar” jobs.


That SFI/JNU-type congresswoman lady is expected due to her ethnicity and loudness, but looks like Ro Khanna is being placed among the pantheon, thanks to a few anti-India tweets. What is his credentials for "balancing robots and workers"? Anyone has any insights here?

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14182
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby pankajs » 29 Feb 2020 00:24

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 4032871424
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Federal Court Deals Major Blow To Sanctuary Cities.” @FoxNews In other words, there will be no more Federal Tax Dollars to States & Cities that will not cooperate with Federal Law Enforcement (ICE). This is BIG NEWS! Funds will be cut off immediately. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Kati
BRFite
Posts: 1392
Joined: 27 Jun 1999 11:31
Location: The planet Earth

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Kati » 29 Feb 2020 19:22

Perhaps the same can be applied to JNU also.

UC Santa Cruz fires 54 graduate students participating in months-long strike
Vivian Ho in San Francisco
The GuardianFebruary 28, 2020, 8:45 PM CST
<span>Photograph: Dan Coyro/Associated Press</span>
Photograph: Dan Coyro/Associated Press
The University of California, Santa Cruz, issued termination letters on Friday to 54 graduate students who have been waging a months-long strike for a cost-of-living-adjustment amid soaring rents.

The firings came as graduate students at the University of California, Davis, and University of California, Santa Barbara, began their own cost-of-living strikes in solidarity. One of their demands is that all UC Santa Cruz graduate workers who participated in strike activities be restored to full employment status.

The 54 UC Santa Cruz graduate students who received termination letters on Friday are just a fraction of the 233 graduate student instructors and teaching assistants who have refused to submit nearly 12,000 grades from the fall quarter since December.

Related: California lawmakers fail to pass bill to combat housing crisis

This month, the students’ grading strike expanded, as teaching assistants refused all teaching duties and research assistants refused additional work. Some classes and office hours have been canceled because of the strike.

The students are striking for a $1,412-a-month cost-of-living-adjustment, which they say they desperately need amid a growing housing crisis in California. Most students are spending between 5o% and 70% of their $2,434-a-month salary on rent, some forced to live in substandard apartments with many roommates in order to stretch their dollars.

Veronica Hamilton, a third-year graduate student studying psychology, is the union representative on campus and was copied on the termination letters that were emailed out on Friday. “The first person who was sent a letter is a single mother who spends almost all her income on rent on subsidized family student housing,” Hamilton said.

“It’s horrible,” she continued. “We got to this point because they’re digging their heels in the ground. We’re in a crisis and they don’t even want to have a conversation on how to address these issues.”

The graduate students are represented by United Auto Workers Local 2865, which negotiated a contract in 2018 that included a no-strike clause: meaning the current strike, known as a “wildcat strike”, has been taken without the union’s approval.

The administration has cited this as a reason for not negotiating with the graduate students but, in response to the strike, offered two supplemental programs that will cost about $7m a year – one that will offer a yearly $2,500 need-based housing fellowship and another that offers doctoral students a five-year funding program – as well as two temporary housing assistance programs.

The strikers say these programs would not be enough. Hamilton, for example, pays $1,800 a month to live 40 minutes away from campus in a small cabin she shares with her husband, who lost his job four months ago – $2,500 barely covers a month’s rent, she said.

“The university is sympathetic to such challenges, particularly housing, and the related impacts on all our employees,” said Andrew Gordon, a spokesman for Janet Napolitano, the University of California president, in a statement.

However, the university has honored the contract it entered into with the union, “and we expect teaching assistants to do the same”, he said.

“Teaching assistants who choose to withhold grades or refuse to teach are in violation of that contract,” Gordon said, adding that such actions “unfairly impact undergraduate students while doing nothing to further the conversation on how to address the challenges of the rising cost of living, with which all students and employees across UC must contend”.

The strikers had expected more students to receive termination letters, and earlier – the executive vice-chancellor of UC Santa Cruz had set a deadline for last week.

“I think people were ready to be fired, but still surprised,” said Jane Komori, a third-year graduate student studying the history of consciousness. “It’s such a destructive action for the administration to take … Hundreds and hundreds of undergraduates won’t be able to take certain classes.

“It’s a serious issue for the quality of undergraduate education and the number of undergraduates that can be enrolled,” she added.

Nearly 500 graduate students have said they won’t teach next quarter because of the firings, Hamilton said. Now with the strike spreading to other UC campuses, they are more ready than ever to keep on the picket line.

“I’ve heard from graduate students across the country,” Hamilton said. “Everybody is sick of the situation that we’re in. Graduate students of today are weighed down by the student debt crisis. Graduate students of today are more likely to be parents, more likely to come from working class backgrounds, from backgrounds of racialized capitalism. This is just the beginning.”

Kati
BRFite
Posts: 1392
Joined: 27 Jun 1999 11:31
Location: The planet Earth

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Kati » 29 Feb 2020 21:38

Seattle City Council, which can't even house its residents, had the gall to poke its nose in India's internal matter and passed a resolution against CAA.

Seattle's lack of housing forces families to live in their cars

https://www.yahoo.com/news/seattles-lac ... 33553.html

abhik
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2923
Joined: 02 Feb 2009 17:42

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby abhik » 01 Mar 2020 10:33

Looks like Joe Biden is going to have a dominating win in SC primary. So sanders is not going to be running away with this one as hoped by "progressives".

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 22833
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby chetak » 01 Mar 2020 13:14

twitter


Barack Obama bombed 7 countries in 8 years.

Donald Trump pulled troops out of Syria, Iraq, got Kim Jong Un to the negotiating table & signed a peace deal with Afghanistan.

Obama went on to win the Nobel Peace Prize and Trump is the "crazy madman" who will bring World War 3.

Rony
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3252
Joined: 14 Jul 2006 23:29

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Rony » 02 Mar 2020 19:09

What is the ultimate goal of 'Project Blitz', the Christian nationalist movement ?

The separation of church and state is being dismantled one bill at a time.

Project Blitz, a coalition of Christian right groups founded by former Republican congressman, Randy Forbes, began as a way to introduce pro-Christian legislation.

Bills include faith-based adoption discrimination and mandating that public schools use "In God We Trust" on signage.

The Blitz's signature tactic, according to Rachel Laser, the president of Americans United for the Separation of Church and State, is to start small with signage in public places. Ascending levels of religiosity follow, such as denying homosexual couples the same rights as heterosexuals. The ultimate goal, she says, is to codify Christian principles into the American government.


Project Blitz is part of a very long game: to so familiarize the American public with debates over signage that we fail to recognize that the goalposts are constantly being moved. As Princeton history professor, Kevin Kruse, writes in his book, "One Nation Under God," "touchstones of religious nationalism have only become more deeply lodged in American political culture over time, as the innovations of one generation became familiar traditions for the next." What is first presented as innocuous, commonsense even, can soon transform a nation. The gap implied by "separation" is closed by inches, not miles.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 54535
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby ramana » 03 Mar 2020 01:01

Pete Buttegig drops out two days before the Super Tuesday.
Betting on street is this helps Biden.
Biden won South Carolina as a thank you for having supported Obama.
Don't know if that reason is good enough to win the elections.

achit
BRFite
Posts: 139
Joined: 14 Feb 2005 20:07
Location: USA

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby achit » 03 Mar 2020 02:30

ramana wrote:Pete Buttegig drops out two days before the Super Tuesday.
Betting on street is this helps Biden.
Biden won South Carolina as a thank you for having supported Obama.
Don't know if that reason is good enough to win the elections.

Push is on to stop Sanders now. Both klobuchar and Buttigieg will dropout and endorse Biden!!
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/02/politics/amy-klobuchar-ends-2020-campaign/index.html
"Sen. Amy Klobuchar will end her presidential bid on Monday and endorse Joe Biden, a campaign aide tells CNN.

The Klobuchar campaign confirmed that the senator is flying to Dallas to join the former vice president at his rally, where she will suspend her campaign and give her endorsement on the eve of Super Tuesday. Former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg also will endorse Biden at the rally, a source familiar told CNN."

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/super-tuesday-2020-final-sprint/index.html
"Pete Buttigieg will endorse Joe Biden at a rally in Dallas tonight, a source familiar with the plans tells CNN.

Buttigieg, the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, ended his own 2020 bid on Sunday night."

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14045
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby UlanBatori » 03 Mar 2020 03:14

(oh! updated: Steyer drops out too).
Twenty Little Donkeys...
And then there were Five..


This is very interesting. So it is down to the last 3
Biden x Sanders x Bloomberg
Next debate should be fun, but b4 that is Super Tuesday.
Who are the other TWO left per MSM, since they don't count Gabbard?
South Carolina donkeystanis are born(-again) losers. Not representative of the rest of donkeystan.
UBCN prediction is that Biden will self-destruct tomorrow (if not later..), but then who will donkeystanis vote for, if not Sanders? :((
Boomberg vs. Trump? :rotfl:

Cain Marko
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4440
Joined: 26 Jun 2005 10:26

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Cain Marko » 03 Mar 2020 07:24

UlanBatori wrote:(oh! updated: Steyer drops out too).
Twenty Little Donkeys...
And then there were Five..


This is very interesting. So it is down to the last 3
Biden x Sanders x Bloomberg
Next debate should be fun, but b4 that is Super Tuesday.
Who are the other TWO left per MSM, since they don't count Gabbard?
South Carolina donkeystanis are born(-again) losers. Not representative of the rest of donkeystan.
UBCN prediction is that Biden will self-destruct tomorrow (if not later..), but then who will donkeystanis vote for, if not Sanders? :((
Boomberg vs. Trump? :rotfl:

They'll use the massive victory of Biden in SC to push him through super mangalvaar. And if he and Warren get enough to not let Sanders get a majority, they'll rig the convention to make Biden the nominee.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14045
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby UlanBatori » 03 Mar 2020 09:18

If I were a donkeystani YooEss SuperMangalvaar votar, I would feel that Butt-e-gig and Klobuchar acted on a script, skipping out just b4 Mangalvaar and tying their donkeys to the Biden cart. Through the debates they had shown NOTHING in common with Biden except a total lack of ideas.
So I would vote for Sanders just to spite the DNC.
I always believe that the aam janta will behave as I feel. So UBCN projects a massive Sanders win tomorrow. :mrgreen:
Is Warren still running? I thought she was kaput too?Oh! I see that her campaign has won a fatwa!!
Elizabeth Warren
@ewarren 27m
I’m honored to receive the endorsement of so many Muslim leaders, {terrorists} activists, and scholars. This is our moment to dream big and fight hard for a better country and a better world—for our children and our grandchildren. Let’s do this! http://ewar.ren/Muslim-Communi


Looks utterly pathetic like a bowbow begging for scraps from the One Commyoonitty.

NRao
BRF Oldie
Posts: 16814
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Illini Nation

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby NRao » 03 Mar 2020 09:43

Beto O'Rourke endorses Biden.

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8526
Joined: 31 May 2004 11:31
Location: The rings around Uranus.

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Mort Walker » 03 Mar 2020 10:06

The Donkeystanis have screwed themselves again. Sleepy Joe demonstrates signs of Alzheimer's and walks like an old man. The Bernie Bros will go crazy once the party steals the nomination away from him. So far, Sleepy Joe isn't an open Islamist, maybe a closet Islamist, but we'll know soon enough.

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4586
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby vijayk » 03 Mar 2020 10:38

Biden said "Super Thursday" :rotfl:

Manish_P
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2335
Joined: 25 Mar 2010 17:34

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Manish_P » 03 Mar 2020 11:35

chetak wrote:twitter

Barack Obama bombed 7 countries in 8 years.

Donald Trump pulled troops out of Syria, Iraq, got Kim Jong Un to the negotiating table & signed a peace deal with Afghanistan.

Obama went on to win the Nobel Peace Prize and Trump is the "crazy madman" who will bring World War 3.


Chetak ji, can you please post the name of the person/ twitter handle so that we may know who said it. And like/retweet/comment etc. Or is that you yourself?


chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 22833
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby chetak » 03 Mar 2020 12:19

Manish_P wrote:
chetak wrote:twitter



Chetak ji, can you please post the name of the person/ twitter handle so that we may know who said it. And like/retweet/comment etc. Or is that you yourself?


when I say "twitter" saar, it is never me. :)

Hardik Rajgor @Hardism · Feb 29



https://twitter.com/Hardism/status/1233796204011622406

Manish_P
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2335
Joined: 25 Mar 2010 17:34

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Manish_P » 03 Mar 2020 13:01

^ Thanks. Pls. do post the twitter handle/tweet. Faster for guys like me to like/retweet etc. Thanks.

KL Dubey
BRFite
Posts: 879
Joined: 16 Dec 2016 22:34

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby KL Dubey » 03 Mar 2020 18:31

ramana wrote:Pete Buttegig drops out two days before the Super Tuesday.
Betting on street is this helps Biden.
Biden won South Carolina as a thank you for having supported Obama.
Don't know if that reason is good enough to win the elections.


Kaun banega Gadhaapati ? :rotfl:

BTW, Tulsiben is in the wrong party.

anmol
BRFite
Posts: 1853
Joined: 05 May 2009 17:39

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby anmol » 03 Mar 2020 21:56

KL Dubey wrote:BTW, Tulsiben is in the wrong party.


Problem is that she cant win as republican from Hawaii and Republicans are not too accepting of non-Christians. There are just two Republican members in 116th Congress who are not christian (both are Jewish).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious ... tes_Senate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious ... sentatives

Cain Marko
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4440
Joined: 26 Jun 2005 10:26

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Cain Marko » 04 Mar 2020 00:58

For those in the US, just received this via email from HAF, seems like PJ is making some moves, PLiss TO DO NEEDFUL IT GOES IN TOMORROW!:

I was on Capitol Hill all last week and one thing is clear Rep. Jayapal's anti-India H. Res. 745 is gaining momentum.

The House Foreign Affairs Committee (HFAC) is scheduled to hold a vote on Wednesday, March 4th on a series of bills. Right now, H. Res. 745 is not on the agenda, but Rep. Jayapal and her allies are pushing HFAC Chairman Eliot Engel (D-NY) hard to vote on this bill.

We have to stop them now because if H. Res. 745 does get added to the agenda then it's already too late.

Click here to Stop Bad, Anti-India, Anti-Hindu Resolution H. Res. 745
https://www.votervoice.net/mobile/HAF/Campaigns/71929/Respond
Last edited by Cain Marko on 04 Mar 2020 03:10, edited 1 time in total.

Rudradev
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3524
Joined: 06 Apr 2003 12:31

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Rudradev » 04 Mar 2020 03:07

X-posting as it's germane here too:

Pocahontas goes Full Jihadi

http://www.opindia.com/2020/03/elizabet ... ti-muslim/

Senator Elizabeth Warren, a Democratic presidential aspirant for the 2020 Elections, has condemned ‘anti-Muslim violence’ in India and committed herself to “fighting for the rights and freedom of the people of Kashmir”. The Senator from Massachusetts hasn’t been performing very well in the Democratic Primaries thus far and going into Super Tuesday, the momentum is decisively against her.

The comments against India were made in a new plan Elizabeth Warren released on Tuesday for Muslim Communities in the USA. The abrogation of Article 370 and Kashmir figure into the political equations of the USA because Radical Islamists in the country consider Kashmir to be a matter that concerns the Ummah. After Vermont Senator and Warren’s rival in the Democratic Primaries, Bernie Sanders, made a pro-Jihad stance regarding Kashmir at an event organized by the ISNA which has links to terrorism, it appears Warren has decided to tread a similar trajectory.
Elizabeth Warren said in her plan, “Elizabeth knows we must stand up for those who can’t stand up for themselves. That includes speaking out against China’s cruel, bigoted treatment of its Uighur minority and to hold China accountable for its abuses; fighting for reconciliation and accountability for the atrocities committed against the Rohingya in Burma; condemning anti-Muslim violence in India and fighting for the rights and freedom of the people of Kashmir; and holding allies like Saudi Arabia to account for abuses of human rights.” As anyone aware of the nature of Kashmiri separatism knows fully well, it is Jihad that is being waged against India and any support for it is equivalent to supporting Radical Islamic Terrorism.

The Massachusetts Senator’s plan for American Muslims appears to be a desperate attempt to pander to the one community that had been left out of her pandering efforts thus far. As part of her pandering initiative, Warren had earlier announced that if she’s elected president, then any future Secretary of Education will need the approval of a transgender child she met last year. She had said that the transgender child will interview the potential Secretary of Education before any appointment is made. As it so happened, it didn’t help her with her voters and she continues to fail at winning the support of the electorate.

Elizabeth Warren has also lied about her race in the past. She claimed that she was Native American in order to gain employment as a professor at the Harvard Law Faculty. An exhaustive Boston Globe investigation in September 2018 reported that Warren’s “claim to Native American ethnicity was never considered by the Harvard Law faculty, which voted resoundingly to hire her, or by those who hired her to four prior positions at other law schools.”



UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14045
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby UlanBatori » 04 Mar 2020 08:06

Unless CA changes things, Buy-Den goes to the Convention as the DNC choice. Landslide so far

Guddu
BRFite
Posts: 966
Joined: 01 Dec 2008 06:22

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Guddu » 04 Mar 2020 08:17

interesting, donkeystanis have no worries about putting up demented Biden...Trump will make mince meat out of him.

Rishi_Tri
BRFite
Posts: 455
Joined: 13 Feb 2017 14:49

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Rishi_Tri » 04 Mar 2020 09:10

Rudradev wrote:X-posting as it's germane here too:

Pocahontas goes Full Jihadi

http://www.opindia.com/2020/03/elizabet ... ti-muslim/

Senator Elizabeth Warren, a Democratic presidential aspirant for the 2020 Elections, has condemned ‘anti-Muslim violence’ in India and committed herself to “fighting for the rights and freedom of the people of Kashmir”. The Senator from Massachusetts hasn’t been performing very well in the Democratic Primaries thus far and going into Super Tuesday, the momentum is decisively against her.

The comments against India were made in a new plan Elizabeth Warren released on Tuesday for Muslim Communities in the USA. The abrogation of Article 370 and Kashmir figure into the political equations of the USA because Radical Islamists in the country consider Kashmir to be a matter that concerns the Ummah. After Vermont Senator and Warren’s rival in the Democratic Primaries, Bernie Sanders, made a pro-Jihad stance regarding Kashmir at an event organized by the ISNA which has links to terrorism, it appears Warren has decided to tread a similar trajectory.
Elizabeth Warren said in her plan, “Elizabeth knows we must stand up for those who can’t stand up for themselves. That includes speaking out against China’s cruel, bigoted treatment of its Uighur minority and to hold China accountable for its abuses; fighting for reconciliation and accountability for the atrocities committed against the Rohingya in Burma; condemning anti-Muslim violence in India and fighting for the rights and freedom of the people of Kashmir; and holding allies like Saudi Arabia to account for abuses of human rights.” As anyone aware of the nature of Kashmiri separatism knows fully well, it is Jihad that is being waged against India and any support for it is equivalent to supporting Radical Islamic Terrorism.

The Massachusetts Senator’s plan for American Muslims appears to be a desperate attempt to pander to the one community that had been left out of her pandering efforts thus far. As part of her pandering initiative, Warren had earlier announced that if she’s elected president, then any future Secretary of Education will need the approval of a transgender child she met last year. She had said that the transgender child will interview the potential Secretary of Education before any appointment is made. As it so happened, it didn’t help her with her voters and she continues to fail at winning the support of the electorate.

Elizabeth Warren has also lied about her race in the past. She claimed that she was Native American in order to gain employment as a professor at the Harvard Law Faculty. An exhaustive Boston Globe investigation in September 2018 reported that Warren’s “claim to Native American ethnicity was never considered by the Harvard Law faculty, which voted resoundingly to hire her, or by those who hired her to four prior positions at other law schools.”




Senator Warren has been beaten fair and square all around including in Massachusetts, her home state by two septuagenarian men. She is irrelevant and may drop out of the race any time now.

Rishi_Tri
BRFite
Posts: 455
Joined: 13 Feb 2017 14:49

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Rishi_Tri » 04 Mar 2020 09:13

Guddu wrote:interesting, donkeystanis have no worries about putting up demented Biden...Trump will make mince meat out of him.


Trump would have made mince meat out of Crazy Barney given that he has publicly denounced Israeli policy, has all but turned dangerously pro-Islamist etc. but not so much Biden. Biden shall hark back to great Obama days and put down Trumpian taunts as cries of an unruly kid. Trump shall have to be at the top of his game.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14045
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby UlanBatori » 04 Mar 2020 09:23

Biden reminds me uncannily of (drumbeat...) Jimmy Carter. Not the Carter of 1976 who was a glamorous "WHY NOT THE BEST?" Governor, but the Jimmy Carter of 1980, beaten down, muttering about "Mawral Equivalent Of War" (MEOW), "Lusted in my Brain" and "Killer Rabbits". But he is getting more spirited by the second..

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2493
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby ShyamSP » 04 Mar 2020 09:37

UlanBatori wrote:Biden reminds me uncannily of (drumbeat...) Jimmy Carter. Not the Carter of 1976 who was a glamorous "WHY NOT THE BEST?" Governor, but the Jimmy Carter of 1980, beaten down, muttering about "Mawral Equivalent Of War" (MEOW), "Lusted in my Brain" and "Killer Rabbits". But he is getting more spirited by the second..


Good thing Incoherent Biden is kicking Jihadi Sanders out as soon as moderates democrats dropped out and endorsed Biden. It will be tough path for Sanders as all can truck with Biden bandwagon.

Biden will definitely pose a challenge to Trump especially purple/narrow-margin states that made Trump win over Clinton.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14045
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby UlanBatori » 04 Mar 2020 09:55

One word: "Ukraine"

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9819
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Yagnasri » 04 Mar 2020 10:12

DT will be most likely will win the elections of 2020.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 22833
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby chetak » 04 Mar 2020 11:03

Yagnasri wrote:DT will be most likely will win the elections of 2020.



That's a foregone conclusion, saar

and when he does, the market for burnol will rise exponentially. :)

Cain Marko
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4440
Joined: 26 Jun 2005 10:26

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Cain Marko » 04 Mar 2020 11:13

Rishi_Tri wrote:[

Senator Warren has been beaten fair and square all around including in Massachusetts, her home state by two septuagenarian men. She is irrelevant and may drop out of the race any time now.

I'd not be too sure of that. She is the establishment candidate to divide Bernie vote. Clever game.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9819
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Yagnasri » 04 Mar 2020 13:12

Yes. I think she will continue. From now onwards she is there to cut Bernie votes. She will help Biden to win nomination.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie
Posts: 12151
Joined: 05 Apr 2006 16:25

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Aditya_V » 04 Mar 2020 16:48

So will there be a discussion on Hunter Biden's Ukranian Income?

Vikas
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6828
Joined: 03 Dec 2005 02:40
Location: Where DST doesn't bother me
Contact:

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Vikas » 04 Mar 2020 17:20

OK, so any guesses on VP candidate for Biden ??
Would it be a woman or another WASP Gay or maybe a Afro-American ?

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14045
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby UlanBatori » 04 Mar 2020 18:54

Vikas wrote:OK, so any guesses on VP candidate for Biden ??
Would it be a woman or another WASP Gay or maybe a Afro-American ?

WASP WImmens who quoted Bible as her "single motivating slogan" during the gaddha debate, AND is also 0.00000001% Native American AND is an Ummah stooge. If this keeps up she will marry a Gay-Lesbian African American "T". ANYTHING for the new-paint smell of the East Wing pakistan.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14045
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby UlanBatori » 04 Mar 2020 19:33

ShyamSP et al: How did Bye-den win SFO area despite all of you Bernie-fans, hain? :mrgreen:
Also, what did the A4* do? Gabbard getting 0.7%!!!!
Pocahontas managed to come through with a clear-as-mud message apparently: dropped well below Bloomberg. Orangeutan didn't waste the chance to poke fun. :rotfl:


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests