2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by KJo »

Zynda wrote: So, is Nidhi a millionaire? Or is somebody "sponsoring" her tenure? If yes, then who? What is the endgame of her having "teach" @ Harvard? Probably the immense value that she brings to the table is having personal experience of tabloid journalism @ the highest levels in desh (and all the baggage that comes along with it...like various high-level contacts & if possible, the skeletons with them). Else, I can't think what value she would bring to teach at Harvard. May be I am wrong here, but I don't think she is considered an extraordinaire in her field even in India. I'd imagine for any other mango adbul, to get to teach @ Harvard will need demanding education qualification & experience.
I wonder what Subbu Swamy has to say about it. :D
Swamy is very proud of his Harvard PhD and his teaching, and now Nidhi is now in the same league as a Harvard faculty member.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

SuSwamy is always attuned to likes and dislikes of USA deep state.

Hence before Raul vinci SuSwamy started opposing Rafale saying it's too expensive to operate as its Canards need to be replaced every few months. As USA wanted us to buy fat panting f16s/f18s instead.

Now for some reason reason american deep state doesn't want us to buy S-400, please notice they don't object to ka-226, Talwar Frigates deals but S-400 PARTICULARLY.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Wow. Harvard is giving a tenured position to somebody without a PhD?!!! That is unheard of unless one has made great strides in public life, say somebody in the Obama Administration, a great artist, or a foriegn leader of the stature equal to Neslon Mandela. I can see "I am Malala" getting a professorship after a few years. But Nidhi Razdan? something black in the lentils.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

KL Dubey wrote:^^A classic "chicken-and-egg" conundrum arises: do we first get back POK (thereby setting the dominos in motion to collapse Paa'stan) or do we first collapse Paa'stan by other means (thereby allowing a simple "walk-in" at POK)?
When the time comes, these two are not mutually exclusive.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Does Harvard Arts & Science even do journalism?

https://www.fas.harvard.edu/pages/degre ... ms-courses

cannot find on their website...
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

nam wrote:Does Harvard Arts & Science even do journalism?

https://www.fas.harvard.edu/pages/degre ... ms-courses

cannot find on their website...
https://courses.my.harvard.edu/dw_cours ... se_cat.pdf

No Journalism at Harvard College. But Journalism degree is offered at Extension School of continuing education. It costs $35K tuition to get a journalism degree from Harvard. Compare that with nearly $180K-$200K for a degree from Harvard College. :mrgreen:

Here is the link
https://www.extension.harvard.edu/acade ... ism-degree

So I say $35K is wasted unless one wants Harvard chaapa (stamp) in their diploma. :roll:
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Vayutuvan wrote:Wow. Harvard is giving a tenured position to somebody without a PhD?!!! That is unheard of unless one has made great strides in public life, say somebody in the Obama Administration, a great artist, or a foriegn leader of the stature equal to Neslon Mandela. I can see "I am Malala" getting a professorship after a few years. But Nidhi Razdan? something black in the lentils.
Unlike most public universities, at Harvard (and most other private universities) Assoc Prof is not a tenured position...it's only a promotion (higher salary and title) from Asst Prof. In many private universities, tenure usually occurs during promotion to Full Prof.

Assoc Profs are usually promoted Asst Profs, but a few (like Needy) can be lateral entries from non-academic backgrounds.

In the case of Dr. Swamy, he started at Harvard as Asst Prof and was promoted to Assoc Prof, but shortly thereafter left for India. He was never a tenured prof at Harvard. Much later he was invited to teach courses there (probably as a visiting or adjunct professor) but that is not a tenured position.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Vayutuvan wrote: No Journalism at Harvard College. But Journalism degree is offered at Extension School of continuing education.
Yes, it is the extension school (typically called Continuing Ed at most universities). It has staff drawn from both the regular faculty (profs) and others who don't need a PhD.

PS: Harvard has a lot of "grey-area" people with "professor-ish" titles in the extension school, medical school, and various other offshoots. In many cases it's not even clear how much Harvard pays them or whether they raise most of their salary directly from the courses or other activities they are engaged in.
Last edited by KL Dubey on 14 Jun 2020 04:21, edited 1 time in total.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

KL Dubey ji, I didn't know that distinction between Private and Public universities. I am a 'state' product throughout except for one of my master's paid by my company.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

But DubeyJi, I am sure you wouldn't know anything more than there is in the public domain, but what qualifications do you speculate that she brings to the table for her to be nominated as an associate prof at such a premier university? As KjLo said, I smell a rat.

I have watched some of her so called 'journalism'. At best she is a mundane run of the mill type journalist, but most of the time, a mouthpiece for anti-ModiJi forces.

Her claim to fame was when she went berserk during the Kathua rape and murder case where a young Muslim girl was gang raped. She rammed into BJP day in and day out from her propaganda channel. And she won some award for that. I don't know what journalistic talent she displayed in her coverage.

I mean a real journalist would have dissected as to why so many BJP MLAs in the state appeared to side with the rape convicts. That was her main charge. No, in reality BJP did not.

What happened was that the valley Muslim leadership (possibly with connivance with ISI) saw an opportunity to make hay out of this incident and made it Hindu Vs Muslim. Furthermore, one of the prosecutors was a dubious separatist or rape accused, I cant recall. Naturally, this led to counter polarization on the Hindu side.

A good journalist would have done some good on the field research and brought out all these complicated nuances. But instead all that this 'journalist', now "Harvard professor' did was attack BJP, attack ModiJi for his alleged 'silnce' and wallsh, she became the toast of the town.

So my own gut feeling is that her being a Kashmiri "pandit" (quotes deliberate) who is ultra secular has something to do with this appointment. But then again, not sure how much she can influence policy. I won't be surprised that she, along with another dubious character at Harvard, Sugata Bose, go on panels advocating 'joint sovereignty' with TSP over the valley. This is secularist/colonialist combined project, and she could be a pawn in that game.

I'd be curious to know more details on her appointment.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Zynda wrote:
mappunni wrote:
There is a saying in Tamizh "Pannathai kandal Pinamum vayyai pilakkum"; thats my hypothesis!

If you give few million $$ endowment you can get anything done in the so-called Ivy-leagues
So, is Nidhi a millionaire? Or is somebody "sponsoring" her tenure? If yes, then who? What is the endgame of her having "teach" @ Harvard? Probably the immense value that she brings to the table is having personal experience of tabloid journalism @ the highest levels in desh (and all the baggage that comes along with it...like various high-level contacts & if possible, the skeletons with them).
It's the ecosystem reinforcing itself and train the next generation of cadets. This is the biggest advantage the leftists have over the nationalists - their common ideology across the globe and the corresponding reach everywhere. In India, our nationalists cannot even agree with each other, starting with a simple "what to call themselves" and end up using borrowed terms like RW, right wing, raitha wing etc., all of which play right into the leftists' hands.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

CRamS wrote:I have watched some of her so called 'journalism'. At best she is a mundane run of the mill type journalist, but most of the time, a mouthpiece for anti-ModiJi forces.
<snip>
A good journalist would have done some good on the field research and brought out all these complicated nuances. But instead all that this 'journalist', now "Harvard professor' did was attack BJP, attack ModiJi for his alleged 'silnce' and wallsh, she became the toast of the town.
<snip>
Saar, the dots are obvious as you listed. The only thing remains is to see who is calling the shots. It's the same set of people/leftist institutions/NGO/whatever that promptly reach out and rehabilitate/provide a means of sustenance to discredited (to Indian nationalist interest) "intellectuals" like Guha and (Nobel laureate as well as the convicted Maoist) Sen in India, as well as Dutt and Ghose in the US (IIRC, convenient paid position at NYT and some think-tank, respectively). This is the way they sustain themselves and train the next generation of "global patriots". That this lady is part of this camp comes as no surprise.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

It wouldn't matter what nationalists in India call themselves when the entire narrative is held hostage by leftists media outlets. Look at this for example: Nippon Kaigi. They are pretty much like our RSS but their page leads with "conservative right-wing organization". Now japanese are pretty much america's lugai so they don't get as much media attention or hate.

Imo the best thing to do is what China did. Ban these rags and shield your population from the propaganda while they grow up and can think for themselves. Or atleast get your own house negr*es under control. Yeah there will be some :(( about press freedom but it's not like anyone considers India a bastion of free speech, not unless the speech contorts to the lefty narrative.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Economic Strangulation: How India’s Modified Strategy Is Sinking Pakistan

Economic Strangulation: How India’s Modified Strategy Is Sinking Pakistan

Bloomberg’s rosy outlook has turned gloomy in 2020 with Pakistan witnessing the highest inflation rate in the world, putting immense pressure on this dirt poor country of 212 million people.

Rakesh Krishnan Simha @ByRakeshSimha
13-06-2020

In July 2016 Pakistan was declared one of the best performing economies in Asia. Bloomberg termed the Pakistan Stock Exchange the best of the Asian markets in a report stating that it had regained ‘tiger’ status in the region. (1) According to the report, the inclusion of Pakistan in countries with Emerging Markets status would lead to a flood of foreign investment. Media reports described Pakistan was surfacing as a “market leader”. (2) Leftists and seculars in the Indian media cheered for the Islamic Republic and took digs at their own country. “Move over, India. Pakistan is the hottest equity market in South Asia,” squealed Quartz India. (3)

Famous last words. The rosy outlook has since turned gloomy in 2020 with Pakistan witnessing the highest inflation rate in the world, putting immense pressure on this dirt poor country of 212 million people. The same Bloomberg which had heralded the emergence of Pakistan, now admits it has the worst performing currency in Asia. (4) With the Pakistan government’s own Economic Survey (5) painting a dismal picture of the domestic economy, all signs are that Terroristan is sinking.

Nothing Islamabad is doing seems to work. In order to cool down the inflationary pressure, the country’s central bank recently hiked interest rates. The move backfired as it not only increased inflation further, but also killed industrial growth and services because the private sector stopped borrowing costly money.

How did this almost Asian tiger become the nearly failed state? The dream run of the Pakistani economy ended soon after Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister. It is now a nightmare. Here’s how it panned out.

Death by Demonetisation
In November 2016, Modi unleashed demonetisation, dismantling the fake Indian currency business that was based out of Pakistan and which financed the Pakistani economy plus its vast terrorism industry. (6) In fact, the fake Indian currency business is so critical to the Pakistani economy that the capacity of the currency printing presses in Karachi and Peshawar was more than the installed capacity of the RBI’s Mudran Press in Mysore or the Bank Note Press, Nashik. (7)

Indian Water Torture
In 2017, Pakistani farmers in the border areas started experiencing crop failures as India choked their water supply. (8) For decades the Pakistani farmers had been taking advantage of a leak in the Indira Gandhi Canal in Rajasthan’s Sri Ganganagar district, which allowed them to grow a variety of crops.

The leak, which was detected along a 15 km stretch of the canal in the Daulatpura area of Sri Ganganagar, was plugged only in 2015, a few months after Modi’s arrival. The government conducted a test in 2017 and declared that the Pakistani farmers were no longer getting the free ‘water supply’ from India. The impact on the weak Pakistan economy must be considerable as the areas bordering India are mostly barren desert. Without water from India, nothing can grow there.

More pain is coming. In 2018 India declared it would fast-track three projects, including construction of two dams, to arrest the unutilised water of its share under the Indus Waters Treaty. This alone would kill an entire sowing season in Pakistan in the years ahead. It’s incredible that while 300 million Indians are facing a water crisis, it has taken the political leadership 60 years to take this step.

Trade Wars
The cancellation of MFN (most favoured nation) status to Pakistan and the closure of trade routes following the Pulwama terror attack in February 2019 have resulted in losses of billions of dollars and hundreds of job days. After Pulwama, the Modi government has made efforts to cripple the Pakistani economy by increasing duties on essential products. Pakistan’s primary exports to India were fresh fruits, cement, petroleum products, bulk minerals and ores and finished leather. The 200 per cent duty increase on imports from Pakistan has ensured this trade is now history. With Pakistan no longer able to import cotton from India, its textile industry has taken a hit. It is now sourcing pricier supplies from the US, Australia and Egypt. (9)

In any trade it is the weaker country that gets bruised. Pakistan does not feature among India’s top 35 exporters and importers. On the other hand, India stands at the seventh place in Pakistan’s list of top 10 countries from where it imports. (10)

However, it was the strike by 12 Indian Air Force fighter jets on Balakote, deep in Pakistani territory, that caused lasting damage. Unable to detect IAF aircraft in the radar clutter, Pakistan closed its airspace for weeks, leading to heavy losses. An extensive study of operations by Pakistani and foreign carriers between February and late June showed that 400 flights a day were impacted by the closure, resulting in a loss of $100 million (Rs 688 crore) for Islamabad. State-run Pakistan International Airlines suffered losses to the tune of $460,000 a day due to suspension of flights to international destinations such as Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and Delhi. (11)

Widening Gulf
The Gulf states used to be Pakistan’s primary – albeit grudging – benefactors. The reason was that in most of these emirates, the sheikhs don’t trust their own people with defence and security. Saudi Arabia, for instance, used to hire Pakistan Air Force pilots to man the Royal Saudi Air Force. Pakistan Army soldiers and officers were stationed in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain. However, in view of the increasing radicalisation of the Pakistan military, there is growing fear among Gulf leaders that Pakistanis will infect Arab soldiers and citizens with the virus of jehad. Consequently, most of the Gulf states got rid of the Pakistanis in their defence and security establishments.

In 2016, the Saudi security forces foiled a terror plot in which two Pakistanis were held for plotting to explode Al-Jawhara Stadium in Jeddah where more than 60,000 spectators had gathered to watch a soccer match between the national teams of the Kingdom and the UAE. (12)

The following year, Saudi Arabia deported almost 40,000 Pakistanis on grounds of security, reflecting a hardening stance towards its traditional ally. (13) Kuwait, which used to be the most pro-Pakistani – and most anti-Indian – sheikdom in the Gulf, banned would-be immigrants from Pakistan from applying for visas.

These strong anti-Pakistani actions come in the backdrop of improving strategic ties between the sheikdoms and India. Modi has been awarded the highest civilian awards by both the UAE and Saudi Arabia, reflecting the high esteem he enjoys in the region. The $15 billion planned investment by Saudi Aramco in Reliance Industries is in no small measure due to India’s diplomatic push.

The quid pro quo for large-scale investment in India has to be a downgrading of ties with Pakistan. This is the reason why the Gulf states are drawing fewer workers from Pakistan, but more significantly they are less inclined to provide Pakistan with unlimited funds. However, they will drip feed Pakistan to keep it alive because don’t forget that Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal is paid for by Saudi Arabia. The Saudis are the real owners of the Islamic Bomb. (14)

With the Gulf states bearish on the Pakistani economy, investors from the West and Asia are also adopting a wait and watch policy.

Dangerous Place to Invest
Modi’s humiliation of Pakistan has played a key role in exposing the country’s standing as an exporter of terror. One must understand that for all their prosperity and advances in technology, most Westerners, and especially their politicians, are not very well informed. Also, don’t forget that even today they have an atavistic sympathy for Pakistan, which they know was created to serve Western interests against Russia.

It took very strong action by India to jostle the Westerners out of their complacency. The surgical strikes by the Indian Army in 2016 was the first punch in the guts that exposed Pakistan’s role in exporting terror. The IAF’s deep strike at a terrorist training factory in 2019 demonstrated to the world that Pakistan was undoubtedly a safe haven for terrorists.

Global investors are swayed by sentiments and India’s decisive actions have made them veer around to the view that Pakistan is a dangerous place to plonk down their cash in. Nobody likes to invest in dangerous places. If that wasn’t enough, Pakistani capital is also fleeing the country as the situation on the ground goes from bad to worse. This is why money is fleeing Pakistan like a bat out of hell.

Endgame
India has got its boot on Pakistan’s neck. So expect Islamabad to send peace feelers, which will be amplified by its useful idiots in India. These leftist journalists, seculars and the likes of former RBI governor Raghuram Rajan will write columns asking Modi to “give peace a chance”. They will launch into high-decibel debates on TV, saying ‘Gandhi’s India’ would not allow 200 million Pakistanis to suffer. A few low IQ Indians will start feeling sorry for the poor Pakistanis.

But taking off the boot at this stage would be a mistake. Pakistan is crumbling – just like the Soviet Union imploded due to Moscow’s foolhardy arms race with the US despite having half of America’s GDP. The Pakistan Army is making the same mistake – in the middle of the coronavirus lockdown when everyone in the world was taking a pay cut, the Pakistan Army demanded a 20 per cent increase in its budget. (15)

India should encourage Pakistan to increase defence spending by making aggressive moves along the border and the Line of Control. Regular intrusions by Indian fighter jets into Pakistani airspace interspersed with occasional surgical strikes by the Indian Army will spook the Pakistani establishment and unhinge their decision making capacity. They will make the same mistakes that the communists in Moscow made and brought down the mighty USSR. Pakistan is a paper tiger in comparison and will collapse more quickly. Now is the time to increase the pressure. Now is not the time to show the Prithviraj Syndrome of being magnanimous towards defeated enemies. For, only when Pakistan collapses and becomes four separate countries will India finally have peace on its western border.

Sources
1. The Nation, https://nation.com.pk/13-Jul-2016/pakis ... -bloomberg

2. The Tribune, https://tribune.com.pk/story/1146745/so ... economies/

3. Quartz India, https://qz.com/india/728382/move-over-i ... outh-asia/

4. Bloomberg, https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... m-plunging

5. Dawn, https://www.dawn.com/news/1484102

6. Motilal Oswal, https://www.motilaloswal.com/article.as ... n-in-India

7. RVS Mani, Zee News, https://zeenews.india.com/blogs/the-clu ... 33065.html

8. DNA India, https://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-p ... ge-2544422

9. The Economic Times, https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... s?from=mdr

10. India Today, https://www.indiatoday.in/news-analysis ... 2019-08-09

11. Business Today, https://www.businesstoday.in/current/wo ... 60924.html

12. The Economic Times, https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 146953.cms

13. The Economic Times, https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 146953.cms

14. J.E. Peterson, Saudi Arabia and the Illusion of Security, page 86

15. Zee News, https://zeenews.india.com/video/india/d ... 83341.html

Rakesh Krishnan Simha
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

schinnas wrote:Sad fact is the BJP leader Menaka Gandhi and Lt Gov Kiran Bedi, another BJP appointee are responsible for not doing due diligence.
both have dreams of running their own FFNGOs and to this end have had/are still having deep connections with the BIF. Animal rights are just one such high profile venture often used to malign the tenets of the Hindu religion. This draws international attention and the inevitable financial recognition from well known desert cult sugar daddies.

The BJP is just a side business for them as it helps them to keep their profiles elevated in the public domain. Incidentally, the BJP has gone significantly low key on both of these social media hyped prima donnas.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

RBI spared no expense in hosting Raghuram Rajan

RBI spared no expense in hosting Raghuram Rajan

Abhinandan Mishra
June 13, 2020,

Spent more on transporting his household goods than what it paid him as salary in three years.

New Delhi: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) spent almost Rs 71 lakh in shifting the household items of its former Governor, Dr Raghuram Rajan from Chicago to Mumbai and back when he was appointed the Governor in August 2013 and continued in the position till his tenure ended in September 2016.

Interestingly, Rajan’s salary during his tenure was Rs 1.69 lakh per month, which means that the RBI spent more on transporting his household goods (Rs 71 lakh) than what they paid him as salary for the entire three years (Rs 61.2 lakh approximately).

As per its response shared by the RBI to an RTI query filed by this newspaper, an amount of Rs 2,226,416 was spent on shifting Raghuram Rajan’s household goods from Chicago, Illinois, US, to Mumbai, while an amount of Rs 4,941,253 was spent on shifting his household goods back from Mumbai to Chicago (Illinois).

As per the RBI, no specific rules are prescribed on transfer of household goods of the Governor/employees from anywhere in the world and hence the decision-maker at the RBI took an internal decision “specific to the case”, “keeping all relevant circumstances in view” in Rajan’s case.

The RBI also gifted five paintings to Rajan as a farewell gift, the reply received stated. As per rules, the outgoing Governor is entitled to farewell gifts to the value of Rs 50,000.

Responding to The Sunday Guardian’s queries, the RBI stated: “There was no demand made by Dr Rajan in lieu of a gift of the amount of Rs 50,000. However, as indicated by him, old paintings—four by Govind Dumbre and one by Gopal Adiverkar—from the Governor’s bungalow were gifted to him in lieu of a corporate gift.”

The painting by Dumbre measured 15×15, while the one by Adivekar measured 16×20. The price of the painting, which has been quoted by the RBI in its reply, is Rs 10,000 per piece. However, online platforms specialising in selling paintings, were selling Dumbre’s painting for more than Rs 1 lakh per piece.

The RBI also spent Rs 13,474 on fitting an air conditioner in the bathroom of the Governor House when Rajan was in office.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Being the upright citizen Raghuram Rajan portrays himself as, the right thing to do would be to apologise, repay the amounts and return the gifts.
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

arshyam wrote:
CRamS wrote:I have watched some of her so called 'journalism'. At best she is a mundane run of the mill type journalist, but most of the time, a mouthpiece for anti-ModiJi forces.
<snip>
<snip>
Saar, the dots are obvious as you listed. The only thing remains is to see who is calling the shots. It's the same set of people/leftist institutions/NGO/whatever that promptly reach out and rehabilitate/provide a means of sustenance to discredited (to Indian nationalist interest) "intellectuals" like Guha and (Nobel laureate as well as the convicted Maoist) Sen in India, as well as Dutt and Ghose in the US (IIRC, convenient paid position at NYT and some think-tank, respectively). This is the way they sustain themselves and train the next generation of "global patriots". That this lady is part of this camp comes as no surprise.
Any Cheeni connection to Nidhi Razdan’s Harvard appointment?

This Twitter thread leads me to think so...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Soumyadipta/ ... 2855708672
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

KL Dubey wrote:
Vayutuvan wrote: No Journalism at Harvard College. But Journalism degree is offered at Extension School of continuing education.
Yes, it is the extension school (typically called Continuing Ed at most universities). It has staff drawn from both the regular faculty (profs) and others who don't need a PhD.

PS: Harvard has a lot of "grey-area" people with "professor-ish" titles in the extension school, medical school, and various other offshoots. In many cases it's not even clear how much Harvard pays them or whether they raise most of their salary directly from the courses or other activities they are engaged in.
Dubeyji:
is this akin to Matashree's Cambridge Degree :rotfl: :rotfl:
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

https://youtu.be/MRXKlNeHOYQ
Looks like further temple disputes are going to be started!!
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Krita wrote:
amar_p wrote:No matter what crimes they are accused of, they have a right to adequate medical treatment in accordance with expert medical advice, and there should be no controversy around that.

We need to remember that's what differentiates "us" from "them".
Piles, you seriously believe them. :rotfl: :rotfl:
Force feed him fiber for a week and watch his piles going away.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

no more "eminent" commie "historians" peddling false archeological "evidence" :mrgreen:

whatever happened to those deluded creeps

Jamiat-Ulema-e-Hind asks Supreme Court not to admit pleas of Hindus seeking to reopen Kashi-Mathura dispute cases

Jamiat-Ulema-e-Hind asks Supreme Court not to admit pleas of Hindus seeking to reopen Kashi-Mathura dispute cases

Jamiat-Ulema-e-Hind asks Supreme Court to not admit pleas of Hindus to reopen Kashi-Mathura temple disputes as it will create fear in Muslim minds who are still recovering from the Ayodhya verdict.

4 June, 2020
OpIndia Staff

Kashi Vishwanath temple (L) and Mathura temple (R)

The Islamic body Jamiat-Ulema-e-Hind has filed a petition in the Supreme Court asking not to admit petitions filed by Hindu groups seeking to re-open cases related to reclaiming disputed religious sites at Kashi, Mathura and some other places, where Muslim religious places were built after demolishing ancient Hindu temples.

According to the reports, the Jamiat-Ulema-e-Hind has filed an impleadment plea in the Supreme Court not even to admit the petition filed by the Hindu group in the Kashi-Mathura temple land dispute cases. The Jamiat also said that they should be heard before they give notices to Hindu petitioners in the case.

On Friday, Hindu organisations had moved the apex court seeking re-opening of cases pertaining to Kashi and Mathura temple disputes.

The petition was filed to challenge the validity of the Places of Worship (Special Provisions) Act, 1991, which states that the character of religious places at the time of Independence cannot be changed. The petition is being seen as an attempt to re-open cases to reclaim disputed religious sites at Kashi, Mathura and some other places.

However, in response Jamiat-Ulema-e-Hind has also filed the petition demanding the Supreme Court not to entertain petitions of the Hindu side, as it claimed that such petitions not only threatened the secular fabric of the country but also will create fear in Muslim minds who are still recovering from the Ayodhya verdict.

Hindu organisation file plea in SC challenging Places of Worship Act, 1991
A Hindu organisation, Vishwa Bhadra Pujari Purohit Mahasangh, had moved the Supreme Court of India challenging Section 4 of the Places of Worship (Special Provisions) Act, 1991 that calls for maintaining status quo of all places of worship, except the Ram Mandir at Ayodhya.

The PIL filed by Vishwa Bhadra Pujari Purohit Mahasangh had sought directions to declare Section 4 of the 1991 Act as ultra vires and unconstitutional as the law is a hindrance in the path of legally reclaiming disputed religious structures, such as Kashi and Mathura.

“The impugned Act has barred the right and remedy against encroachment made on religious property of Hindus exercising might of power by followers of another faith,” it said.

The section 4(1) of the Places of Worship (Special Provisions) Act, 1991 states, “It is hereby declared that the religious character of a place of worship existing on the 15th day of August 1947 shall continue to be the same as it existed on that day.”

According to the act, no mosque can be converted into a temple and vice-versa.

Re-opening of Kashi, Mathura land disputes attains significance
The petition to re-open cases of land disputes related to Kashi, Mathura and other places of worships attains significance as it comes just seven months after the Supreme Court in a historic verdict had paved wat for the construction of a Ram temple by a trust at the disputed site in Ayodhya.

On November 9, the Supreme Court, in a historic decision, accepted the Hindu claim and handed over the Ram Janmabhoomi site to Hindus to build Ram Mandir and finally end the century-long dispute. The five-judge bench had unanimously come to the decision after weighing the arguments presented by all sides for 40 days.

The Muslims were given a 5-acre site at an alternate location by the government of Uttar Pradesh, as per the SC order.

However, the five-judge bench, headed by then Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi, had dealt with the 1991 Act and had pointed that the law is a legislative instrument designed to protect the secular features of Indian polity, which is one of the basic features of the Constitution.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Cross posted from J&K thread.

Of late, I have lost a lot of respect for Fair. She is full of contempt for Hindus, of course couching it in the language of 'secularism'. And she disparages every claim of Indian army. And she sides with that puke Ajai Shukla. In any case, from her twitter line, I found this interesting. I don't know what her conclusion is going to be, weather demo increased stone pelting or decreased?

By the way: stay tuned for our devastating analysis of demonetization upon stone-pelting. This project has taken over a year to fructify because of data collection.

https://twitter.com/CChristineFair/stat ... 1272769536
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

BTW, one juicy tit bit on Nidhi Razdan. Recall, many of us here recall the spat she had with Burka Bibi during coverage of 26/11? And since then there has been no love lost between these 2. In fact, when compared with Burka, many of us here thought Nidhi Razdan is a pro-India journo, but alas the lucrative Lutyen virus consumed her.

In any case, I see that while all the Lutyen gangsters are effusive in the farewell to Nidhi, complete silence from Burka :-). I don't see anything from her twitter line. She must be feeling jealous. After all her hard work past 3 months serving up drain inspector reports on the apathy of baad ModiJi and YogiJi towards daily wage earners going back home on foot, Nidhi walks away with such a grand Harvard prize despite cooling her heels from her air-conditioned hide outs in Delhi and inviting goras to comment on how baad ModiJi's approach is to COVID19.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Must be nice to have powers that Dual possesses. Enough powers to keep SC judges on the leash. More power to him.

SC makes an exception to sit on Sunday to hear Vinod Dua’s petition for quashing sedition case
https://www.opindia.com/2020/06/supreme ... l-hearing/
The Supreme Court will open its doors on Sunday to hear a petition filed by controversial journalist Vinod Dua seeking quashing of a sedition case filed against him in Himachal Pradesh Police over a YouTube show. In a special hearing, a Supreme Court bench of justices UU Lalit, MM Shantanagoudar and Vineet Saran will hold special proceedings at 11 AM on Sunday. During the #MeToo movement, Vinod Dua was accused of stalking and sexually harassing a filmmaker.

Vinod Dua had approached the apex court on Saturday asking protection from coercive action, including arrest and sought the top court to take up his matter on an urgent basis as the case was related to the personal liberty of a person.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

In what could be an indicator of changing political equations in #UttarPradesh, the #YogiAdityanath (@myogiadityanath) government has now provided Y-category security to Aparna Yadav (@aparnabisht7), younger daughter-in-law of Samajwadi Party founder #MulayamSinghYadav.
https://twitter.com/ians_india/status/1 ... 23657?s=20
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

https://twitter.com/shubh19822/status/1 ... 4021020672

Is Nidhi a Kashmiri Pandit? Harvard endowment makes sense then, the path to use her services there is clear.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Yes Nidhi Razdan is Kashmiri Pandit. I’ve seen her being chastised by other pandits on Teetar multiple times for her pakiness.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Ample time and opportunity for the Porki and Chinese to ensure the BIF bug is reinforced and put to use both in the US and also in India once the ex 'harvard professor' takes back to 'journalism'.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vimal wrote:Yes Nidhi Razdan is Kashmiri Pandit. I’ve seen her being chastised by other pandits on Teetar multiple times for her pakiness.

Her mullah BF and his BIF connections have a lot to do with this presstitute bimbo ending up in harvard.

her father was the director of the PTI so she is a double distilled, entitled and paki pasand lootyens liberandu and owes her job to the entitled part.

This has a foreign NGO involvement written all over it.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

is this the best that they have got :mrgreen:

the congi plan B

the barber plan

Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I noticed RG's new look in recent interviews too... makes him look older, which he hopes will be seen as wiser !
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

I think you may be wrong. He's a 'youth icon', must look young, 8)
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

chetak wrote:
vimal wrote:Yes Nidhi Razdan is Kashmiri Pandit. I’ve seen her being chastised by other pandits on Teetar multiple times for her pakiness.

Her mullah BF and his BIF connections have a lot to do with this presstitute bimbo ending up in harvard.

her father was the director of the PTI so she is a double distilled, entitled and paki pasand lootyens liberandu and owes her job to the entitled part.

This has a foreign NGO involvement written all over it.
They need better native informants to push their narrative much stronger. So they can bring Kashmiri Professors from Harvard for testimony instead of Aarti Tikoos.

In this video, US Journalist Aarti Tikoo, who gave Congressional testimony on Art 370 removal, explains the Islamic networks and how Leftists and Islamists are in bed to further their interests.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PzeAmKwRZw
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Lisa wrote:I think you may be wrong. He's a 'youth icon', must look young, 8)
they are trying the old switcheroo.

she is modeling herself after IG and him after Rajiv.

seems like a daft plan.

and in the modeling game, methinks that she's got pappu beat.

there is an element of panic here because the mafia queen cannot last forever and they have to work out a succession plan and announce it in advance.

the days she goes, the congi party will split and hopefully, it may even splinter and some of it may dissolve into other deadbeat parties if the splinter came with a useable and sizeable stash of cash.

the muslims will get hold of a large part of the party via the ahmed patel faction and become very much like the NCP in leadership structure and try to mainstream themselves quickly so as to attract the sickular vote banks.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

chetak wrote:
Lisa wrote:I think you may be wrong. He's a 'youth icon', must look young, 8)
they are trying the old switcheroo.

she is modeling herself after IG and him after Rajiv.

seems like a daft plan.

and in the modeling game, methinks that she's got pappu beat.

there is an element of panic here because the mafia queen cannot last forever and they have to work out a succession plan and announce it in advance.

the days she goes, the congi party will split and hopefully, it may even splinter and some of it may dissolve into other deadbeat parties if the splinter came with a useable and sizeable stash of cash.

the muslims will get hold of a large part of the party via the ahmed patel faction and become very much like the NCP in leadership structure and try to mainstream themselves quickly so as to attract the sickular vote banks.
Is Antonia kicking the bucket?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Gullible Dharmics? Isn't Kejri savior of non Dharmics? Why not take possession of lands encroached by non Dharmics?

Let tablighis and non Dharmics have access to hospital resources first and then let Dharmics die for lack of resources afterwards.

Coronavirus: Centre gives 500 Railways coaches to Delhi to provide 8,000 beds, Radha Soami Satsang Beas campus to be turned into 10,000 bed facility
https://www.opindia.com/2020/06/coronav ... -facility/
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

x posting from terroristan thread
Vivasvat wrote:Three indicted for allegedly throwing Molotov cocktails at NYPD vehicles, face life in prison

All three face life in prison on the seven-count indictments, charging them with the use of explosives, arson, use of explosives to commit a felony, arson conspiracy, use of a destructive device, civil disorder, and making or possessing a destructive device.
In India, they would have gotten away with slap on their wrists. News outlets like Republic should be running cross comparisons.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

2 Indian staffers missing in slumabad

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 380655.cms