So guys here is my understanding of the situation - Mostly from open sources, two sources that are not open, and one is not GOI (the other is to an extent of gup shup, no real or otherwise operational secrets are discussed). So disclaimer, to whoever is reading, please I am not revealing anything , it is mostly connecting dots and doing some logical analysis. Please feel free to delete it if it goes far.
So if indeed chicoms break an agreement and kill IA soldiers (as they did in Galwan), what are our options -
1)Kill the same group of people who broke the agreement - Easier said than done, if it was premeditated, and if they planned better, sending more men will result in more casualty
2)Go somewhere else dash and win some land - What stops the chicoms coming back and fighting and retaking that land? (I.e. in essence you have further escalated the already escalated fight with more cost and dead bodies)
3) Escalate elsewhere and kill few PLA soldiers. Then all 4000 KM border is free for all, remember, if we can kill so can they and they have better infra, we have more troops and more hills. A new level of stalemate may reach, after many dead from both side - Maybe not as bad an outcome considering that chicoms are constantly slami slicing, hopefully (hopefully that is) that will stop this slami slicing
4) ...many other options you get the drift
5) As a breach of agreement, we overtake a contested land (just that contested land, where both are present, we evict and capture, they can of course capture back if they are willing to make a large sacrifice in dead bodies. We may decide to up the ante at that point and deny them that victory and keep the land (essentially accept more dead bodies on our side as well as operations continue). Essentially, punishing PLA every time they breach an agreement by taking a contested land elsewhere (where it is convenient for us and we have element of surprise) and keeping it. PLA then has two choices, fight with more dead (now we are entrenched and no surprise left) or behave and do not breach else where. This option looks like workable, short of a full fledged war.
So my take on the sequence
1. T+0 hours - Galwan mishap happens, PLA goes back on its word (the right word is betrayal or inability to keep your word) and kills some unarmed IA soldiers. It turns out later that there is more loss in PLA side because of their stupidity but that info only is apparent after T+ 30 HOURS. No body yet knows this outcome
2. Per the plan, IA already knows what should be the second step (targets, logistics, backup all preplanned). All moves are gamed. Some other place of IA choosing is selected
3.T+24 hours, goal achieved, some IA casualty and more chicom casualty (mostly because we had element of surprise), area captured, reinforced
4.T+30 hours, the mishap of T+0 hours announced, misinformed as happened at T+24 hours
5. Total death in operations 1 and 2 from IA =20
6. Some other tactical advantages also achieved.
On twitter and elsewhere usual randy rona dhona continues. Each seeing the event from their own lens.