2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by vijayk »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

methinks that signing the MOU with some familia mafia italiana has addled their brains.

or is "guide public opinion in the right direction" one of the key line items in the MOU :mrgreen:
GAURAV C SAWANT@gauravcsawant
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi wants NSA Ajit Doval to ``guide public opinion in the right direction/avoid amplifying differences...big picture of relations.'' China worried about Indians knowing the truth about their treachery.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

PETA dancing around the issue that they don't put explicit references to non Hindu events, don't put up boards in non Hindu areas, etc.

https://www.deshgujarat.com/2020/07/16/ ... f-leather/
In response to number of comments questiong PETA’s Facebook post linking Raksha Bandhan with leather, PETA India replied: We didn’t say rakhis are made of leather. We said Raksha Bandhan is a good day to extend protection to cows who are our sisters under the skin by taking a pledge to go leather-free, for life. That’s a message all kind people can get behind. For Eid, PETA India’s billboard campaign against Bakried is already up in Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai. We don’t only suddenly wake up to the fact that animals are slaughtered on Eid. That’s why PETA promotes vegan every single day. In a vegan world, there’d be no animal sacrifice for Eid.
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

US Attorney General Barr Launches a Broadside against China

https://youtu.be/cwLs2TrmEf4
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2B30mZmgwM
Understanding the Sri Padmanabhaswamy Temple Judgement - Clear-cut with J. Sai Deepak
We speak with J. Sai Deepak on the significance and implications of the recent Supreme Court verdict that restored the traditional management structure of Sri Padmanabhaswamy Temple in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Dubey was also let off by the court system in 2018 or so.
After Vikas Dubey, UP Police cracks down on Mukhtar Ansari’s illegal empire in several places, in Jaunpur, with Dhol and fanfare: Here are details
https://www.opindia.com/2020/07/uttar-p ... s-license/
Who is Mukhtar Ansari?

Ansari is a politician and a mafia don. He had been associated with Bahujan Samaj Party earlier. Ansari has been an MLA from Mau constituency for a record five times. He was expelled from the BSP in 2010, but later was given an entry again and had won the 2017 assembly elections from Mau. He had been in jail for the murder of BJP leader Krishnanand Rai. But was acquitted by the CBI court in 2019 after the witnesses turned hostile. His grandfather Mukhtar Ahmed Ansari was once the president of the Indian National Congress and Muslim League.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

these guys cannot even their word their announcements properly. and why is the BJP unable to recruit/motivate suitable people to represent it in TN where it really needs to make serious efforts to make its presense felt

or is all dravidian politics only about "propaganda" :mrgreen:

why use the words "propaganda cell" with all the negative connotations when the words "communication cell" or even the innocuous "information center" would have served them better

Mahesh @Mahesh10816·Jul 15

I have been entrusted the responsibility of Vice-President TN BJP propaganda cell

Hope i could live up to the expectations

Jai Hind
Last edited by chetak on 17 Jul 2020 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

chetak saar, mahesh has done exemplary work in salem. His twitter account is the one account i follow closely . They are rustic folks. Maybe not as sophisticated as wife murdering shampoo boy.

Please delete the word idiot .
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

chetak wrote:these idiots cannot even their word their announcements properly. and why is the BJP unable to recruit/motivate suitable people to represent it in TN where it really needs to make serious efforts to make its presense felt

why use the words "propaganda cell" with all the negative connotations when the words "communication cell" or even the innocuous "information center" would have served them better

I have been entrusted the responsibility of Vice-President TN BJP propaganda cell

Jai Hind

More on this: https://www.opindia.com/2020/07/how-a-g ... i-tharoor/
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

asgkhan wrote:chetak saar, mahesh has done exemplary work in salem. His twitter account is the one account i follow closely . They are rustic folks. Maybe not as sophisticated as wife murdering shampoo boy.

will do, sirji.

added later

I get it now.

He seems to have unknowingly mistranslated "prachar vibagh"
Last edited by chetak on 17 Jul 2020 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

asgkhan wrote:chetak saar, mahesh has done exemplary work in salem. His twitter account is the one account i follow closely . They are rustic folks. Maybe not as sophisticated as wife murdering shampoo boy.

i seem to be in august company :oops:
Abhishek Singhvi@DrAMSinghvi · 9h
In legal terms, we quite simply refer to this as an "admission"
#PropagandaCell
https://twitter.com/Mahesh10816/status/ ... 21249?s=19
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

India media / NewsX has gone very aggressive on China.

https://twitter.com/NewsX/status/1279812098722152453
NewsX @NewsX

#MassMurdererMao’s | How is the now China under Xi's leadership compared to mass murderer Mao Zedong's leadership?
Watch the full discussion on #NewsX Youtube.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z9n_3Wex7iI

@nytimes1221 @AbhijitChavda @ProfKapilKumar @malhotravineet7
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

looks like he has fixed the oversight now.

Quite a few comments on his timeline on this topic

this is from @Mahesh10816
This twitter handle of mine will be my personal handle, views expressed in this will be in my personal capacity. A new handle will be created to represent my new post as Vice- President of TN BJP Prachar Vibagh
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Pretty involved case from Bhopal.
Pyare Miyan who ran a sex trafficking racket of minor girls arrested from Srinagar, lived in govt bungalow allotted in 1990: Read details
https://www.opindia.com/2020/07/bhopal- ... -srinagar/
The Special Investigation Team has arrested the main accused Pyare Miyan in the sexual exploitation of minor girls in Bhopal from Srinagar and brought to the city. The accused was absconding from the last 4 days. The 68-year-old man is accused of raping a 13-year-old girl adopted daughter, apart from running a sex trafficking racket.

Madhya Pradesh police have started seizing the properties of Pyare Miyan located in Bhopal and Indore. It also came to light that the state government had given him a government bungalow, which has now been evacuated. However, the revelation has left people wondering as to how could Miyan get government accommodation.

This government accommodation, ostensibly an MLA Rest House, sprawling over an area of about 5000 sq ft, was allotted to Pyare Miyan in 1990. The campus was allotted to Miyan for running a workshop. However, he turned this government bungalow into his luxurious home. Despite several notices, he did not evacuate the bungalow.

There were two properties in the government bungalow allotted to Miyan. After a lot of struggle, one of them was vacated by the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Secretariat in 2002. However, Miyan clung on to the other one. He opened the office of an English newspaper named ‘Dainik Afkar’ from the government bungalow.

The administration is investigating all the illegal constructions and other illegal activities linked to Pyare Miyan. The police have already demolished an illegally occupied wedding hall and other houses in Bhopal. The process of demolition of other unlawfully acquired houses is underway.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

chetak wrote:these guys cannot even their word their announcements properly. and why is the BJP unable to recruit/motivate suitable people to represent it in TN where it really needs to make serious efforts to make its presense felt

Jai Hind
Chetak
The term 'propaganda' has a hoary tradition in TN politics. When Jayalalitha was inducted into politics by MGR, she was appointed as 'Propaganda Secretary'. The exact Tsmil phrase used to describe her role in the party conveyed the idea that she was responsible for propagation of party philosophy.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

nandakumar wrote:
chetak wrote:these guys cannot even their word their announcements properly. and why is the BJP unable to recruit/motivate suitable people to represent it in TN where it really needs to make serious efforts to make its presense felt

Chetak
The term 'propaganda' has a hoary tradition in TN politics. When Jayalalitha was inducted into politics by MGR, she was appointed as 'Propaganda Secretary'. The exact Tsmil phrase used to describe her role in the party conveyed the idea that she was responsible for propagation of party philosophy.
not a criticism saar, but just an observation.

this is a peculiar problem of some of those people who think in one language (usually mother tongue) but write in english.

so many hindi speaking north Indians say "I am going to get my photo removed" the direct but inadvertent mental translation of "hum photo nikalne ja rahe hain" / हम फोटो निकालने जा रहे हैं

something like this may have happened with the usually tamil speaking @Mahesh10816

but what JJ did was actually more propaganda than just routine communication as a mere spokesperson for the party.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

You guys probably dont know Mahesh ji a very well read man and an accomplished professional. Whats wrong in saying propaganda ? only english speaking media does. BTW, I personally know the amount of work he has done in Salem district as a normal karyakarta, if you guys goto the interior areas of Salem you can see Bhajpa flags and one of the reasons is this man
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

suryag wrote:You guys probably dont know Mahesh ji a very well read man and an accomplished professional. Whats wrong in saying propaganda ? only english speaking media does. BTW, I personally know the amount of work he has done in Salem district as a normal karyakarta, if you guys goto the interior areas of Salem you can see Bhajpa flags and one of the reasons is this man
I have researched this guy a fair bit now and I agree with what you say.

but that does not take away from the fact that he has started off his new job and literally got his baptism under fire.

This is because he inadverently used the word "propaganda".

He knows that it has caused him some problems and has drawn needless attention from his dilli bosses.

As he himself says in a tweet stressing his new designation and omitting the word "propaganda"

A new handle will be created to represent my new post as Vice- President of TN BJP Prachar Vibagh

I'm sure that as the Vice- President of TN BJP Prachar Vibagh, he personally would be wishing for a do over.

Anyway, he has started off with a bang and also, lots of people on SM now know who he is.

As with any BJP guy, we all wish him well.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

I am no longer on Twitter but is this the same Mahesh who went around Salem , TN and other districts in his Jeep distributing food to the needy during the early days/weeks of the lockdown ? If yes, he is a solid guy who really worked hard and put his own funds to feed the most vulnerable in these testing times.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

I doubt if he will be phased by virtual hate on social media. Dude was ballsy enough to drive into samuday vishesh areas in a Jeep with BJP flag. He deliberately started getting public enrolled into Ayushman schemes in DMK dominated area.

He ran a food donation drive through out the lockout and pandemic staring down the DC.

Shampoo boy and perverts directing their ire at him will be laughable.
James
BRFite

Post by James »

chetak wrote:
Abhishek Singhvi@DrAMSinghvi · 9h
In legal terms, we quite simply refer to this as an "admission"
#PropagandaCell
https://twitter.com/Mahesh10816/status/ ... 21249?s=19
What a ...ahem... position to be in! :wink:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

James wrote:
chetak wrote:
What a ...ahem... position to be in! :wink:
touche!
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Ambar wrote:I am no longer on Twitter but is this the same Mahesh who went around Salem , TN and other districts in his Jeep distributing food to the needy during the early days/weeks of the lockdown ? If yes, he is a solid guy who really worked hard and put his own funds to feed the most vulnerable in these testing times.
He is.
Rupesh
BRFite

Post by Rupesh »

suryag wrote:You guys probably dont know Mahesh ji a very well read man and an accomplished professional. Whats wrong in saying propaganda ? only english speaking media does. BTW, I personally know the amount of work he has done in Salem district as a normal karyakarta, if you guys goto the interior areas of Salem you can see Bhajpa flags and one of the reasons is this man

I do contribute to some of his causes. He is doing a great job.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

banumathi banned the Hindu jallikattu sport.

Live Law@LiveLawIndia · 6h

Justice Banumathi: Though I am a Hindu, I believe in the gospel of Jesus. By the Grace of Jesus, I got educated and came up in life. I got into the Tamil Nadu higher judicial services at the age of 33 in 1988 and served the institution for over 3 decades.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

How much money did Indian taxpayers had to loose?
Tablighi Jamaat case: Delhi court grants bail to 34 more foreign nationals on plea bargaining
https://www.opindia.com/2020/07/tabligh ... violation/
The Metropolitan magistrate in Delhi today allowed 34 Thai nationals to walk free on plea bargaining and imposed a fine of Rs 6000 each. The foreign nationals from Thailand were represented by advocate Ashima Mandla.

A Delhi court on Thursday granted bail to 92 Indonesians who were charge-sheeted for attending Tablighi Jamaat event here allegedly in violation of visa norms, indulging in missionary activities illegally and violating government guidelines issued in the wake of coronavirus outbreak. The relief was granted to the foreigners on furnishing a personal bond of Rs 10,000.

Besides Indonesians, 22 Nepalese having a connection with the Muslim seminary and who had attended the controversial event at Markaz Nizamuddin were also allowed to walk free on payment of fine Rs 4,000 each.

Earlier this week, the Delhi Court had allowed foreign nationals from Djibouti, Mali, Kenya and Sri Lanka to walk free on payment of Rs 5,000 as fine after the accused accepted mild charges under the plea bargain process, related to various violations including visa norms while attending Tablighi Jamaat congregation here during the COVID-19 lockdown.

Earlier this month, the Delhi court granted relief to members of Tablighi Jamaat from China, Brazil, Australia, Fiji, and the Philippines, who were accused of gross violations after they were found attending the Tablighi Jamaat congregation that had devolved into a potent coronavirus hotspot in the country.

Hearing the plea bargaining application, the Delhi Court ordered their bail on payment of fine of Rs 10,000 each. The accused had agreed to mild charges under plea bargaining.
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

Rupesh wrote:

I do contribute to some of his causes. He is doing a great job.

Jayalalitha was AIADMKs "Kolgai Parappu Cheiyallar" during MGRs heydays. This literally means Propaganda secretary.

I assume Maheshji meant this. Maheshji has done yeoman service in the Salem area. He has single-handedly been responsible for huge increase in BJP party membership in the Salem area.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Rajasthan's Congress govt defends BJP's Vasundhara Raje, says she is occupying govt bungalow as MLA

By
Raghav Ohri

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... s?from=mdr
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Bank Employees Association of India declares list of Wilful Defaulters
https://www.deshgujarat.com/2020/07/18/ ... efaulters/

Gandhinagar: All India Bank Employees Association has declared a list of Willful Defaulters on 19th July 2020, the 51st Anniversary of Bank Nationalisation (19th July 1969).
The Association in its statement said: The only major problem faced by nationalized banks is the bulging and alarmingly increasing bad loans by the private companies and corporates. If tough action is taken on them and money is recovered, our Banks can play a bigger role in national development.
mukkan
BRFite

Post by mukkan »

Detailed analysis of Padmanabhaswamy Temple SC judgement by one of the lawyers who argued for the case. This case has impact on all the temples. Even after 6 years, BJP government has not done anything yet to free Hindu temples from government control. BJP needs to bring legislation to free Hindu temples from government controls. It didn't event participate in the proceedings. This case took 9 years to come to judgement.
A lesser known fact is that the Union Government was represented in the proceedings before the Supreme Court in the Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple case at least from March 20th, 2017, until the conclusion of arguments on April 10th, 2019, which is reflected in over 20 orders passed by the court during that period. Yet, as reflected by the judgment of the Court, the Union Government for reasons best known to it, chose not to actively participate in the proceedings to clarify its position on Articles 25, 26 and the larger question of the freedom of temples from state control.

Given that the issue of Temple control falls under Entry 28 of the Concurrent List, the Union Government is constitutionally competent to not just take a position in such matters, but is also best placed to pass a Central legislation which eliminates state control of temples or, at the very least, cuts the role of the state to size in temples in a manner consistent with Articles 25(2)(a), 26 and 31A(b). Since the dispensation at the Centre appears keen on undoing the legacy mistakes made by previous dispensations, particularly in relation to civilisational matters, it may want to set the balance right even on this front as it affects at least 75 per cent of the population.

https://openthemagazine.com/features/for-gods-sake-3/
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

AIMIM leader Kadir Khan, Congress leader Anup Patel instigated mother-daughter duo from Amethi to set themselves on fire in front of Yogi Adityanath’s office
https://www.opindia.com/2020/07/up-aimi ... olate-fir/

As news began to emerge that the mother-duo had tried to kill themselves by setting fire, opposition parties and their supporters soon took to Twitter to politicise the issue and attacked the Yogi Adityanath government. Even, Amethi MP Smriti Irani was not spared by the opposition party leaders.

The Uttar Pradesh police, after their initial investigation, has revealed that a criminal conspiracy was hatched in which few people instigated the two women to set fire to themselves in protest against the government. Lucknow police commissioner Sujeet Pandey said that investigation into the matter has revealed that Safia (50) and her daughter Gudiya (28) were instigated for immolation attempt in front of Lok Bhawan by Amethi district president of All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul-Muslimeen (AIMIM) Kadir Khan. Congress leader Anup Patel also found to be involved in the case.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Rahul Gandhi defends anti-Hindu Periyar, who broke Lord Ganesha’s Murthis and slandered Shri Ram
https://www.opindia.com/2020/07/rahul-g ... nti-hindu/
Congress president Rahul Gandhi has heaped praises on renowned hatemonger EV Ramasamy, aka Periyar, after saffron paint was spilt on one of the latter’s statues in Tamil Nadu. In a tweet on Saturday, the scion of the Nehru-Gandhi Parivar commented, “No amount of hate can ever deface a giant.”

Apart from his hatred for Rama, Periyar also broke statues of Lord Ganesha. He had also burnt pictures of Shri Rama. Following his death, Periyarists also attempted to make ‘Ravana Leela’ an annual event, to coincide with Dussehra celebrations in rest of the country. Incidentally, Indira Gandhi had rebuffed the demands of Periyarists to abandon Ram Leela and urged them to avoid arousing sectarian sentiments.

However, the grandson of Indira Gandhi is siding with the very people Indira Gandhi had opposed throughout her life for mere petty politics. It also reflects the shift in the mindset of the Congress party under Rahul gandhi and his mother Sonia Gandhi, where the party actively supports everyone who speaks ill of Hindu Gods and Goddesses and hurts the sentiments of Hindus.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Salman Used To Play Cricket With Rahul’s Brother. In Delhi Riots, He Was Part Of The Group That Killed Rahul
https://swarajyamag.com/politics/salman ... lled-rahul

On the evening of 24 February, when parts of northeast district had already been burning in communal violence for more than 24 hours, Rahul was shot from a 25-metre range by rioters. He was standing near Pal dairy street adjoining Rajdhani school and watching the violence spread to his area. His family says he had left to buy grocery half-an-hour earlier.

The police have charged seven Muslim men for his murder based on CCTV footage, witness statements and call records.

One of the accused, Salman, told the police that he knew Rahul very well as Rahul’s brother Rohit used to play cricket with his group. Rohit is an undergraduate student of law.

Salman’s statement, recorded in the chargesheet, says he joined the rioters “to save Islam”.

During the protests against CAA-NRC, people in mosques would tell visitors to be ready for an eventual fight, and to stock pistols rods, petrol bombs, stones, lathi, rods and other weapons.

Salman sent a friend to get a pistol and wore a helmet on advice of fellow rioters. Once he got the weapon, he began to fire in the direction of the Hindus and stopped only when it emptied.

The statement says that Salman saw a man wearing a blue T-shirt shooting down a man outside Pal dairy street, who he later learnt was Rahul Solanki. He knew Rahul well.

The police have not been able to reach the man who actually shot at Rahul - the one that most of the accused have identified as wearing a blue T-shirt. Hunt for 14 other men named by the seven accused, including Haji Rahim Ilahi and Bablu as mentioned above, is still on.

The first information report (FIR) in Rahul’s murder (75/2010 at Dayalpur police station) was filed four days later on 28 February even though the police made a daily diary entry of his death the same day.

As per the statement of Rahul’s father Hari Singh to the police, Rahul left home around 5.30 on on 24 February to buy grocery. Two hours earlier, Hari Singh had spotted large crowds on the road and informed the police about it by dialling 100.

Around 6 pm, a woman rushed to his house to inform him that his son had been wounded and lying on the road.

A shocked Hari Singh reached the spot, but learnt that his other son Rohit and nephew Anil had already picked him up. Hari Singh went to one Luv-Kush nursing home nearby, but found out that Rohit and Anil were taking Rahul to Guru Teg Bahadur (GTB), which is a state-run hospital in Delhi.

Rohit and Anil had first gone to one Shanti Hospital at Shiv Vihar, but it was closed. They went to Luv-Kush nursing home on Karawal Nagar Road, but the doctor asked them to go to GTB.

All roads to GTB were blocked. The brothers took Rahul to a primary health centre in Uttar Pradesh’s Loni where, again, doctors referred him to GTB.

The health centre somehow arranged for their transport to GTB and sent a constable named Avneet to accompany them.

At GTB, Rahul was declared brought dead.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

I have been thinking on a point on and off for AFTER the BJP Government of Uttrakhand tried to take control of major Temples. In the last couple of weeks I have come to a conclusion BUT instead of sharing my conclusion on the point let me share the question. This desire to share the question has been been prompted by the series of tweet below by J Sai Deepak for I can now hang the question of some facts and a specific event i.e. the judgement of the SC on Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple. The question at the end.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1284098712814284803
Sai Deepak J @jsaideepak

My piece in @Openthemag on the #SreePadmanabhaswamyTemple judgement addressing as many aspects as possible in 3000 words Cc @TVMohandasPai
- https://openthemagazine.com/features/for-g
"A lesser known fact is that the Union Government was represented in the proceedings before the Supreme Court in the Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple case at least from March 20th,2017,until the conclusion of arguments on April 10th, 2019,which is reflected in over 20 orders passed.."
"by the court during that period.Yet,as reflected by the judgment of the Court,the Union Government for reasons best known to it,chose not to actively participate in the proceedings to clarify its position on Articles 25, 26.."
"and the larger question of the freedom of temples from state control. Given that the issue of Temple control falls under Entry 28 of the Concurrent List, the Union Government is constitutionally competent to not just take a position in such matters, but is also best placed to.."
"pass a Central legislation which eliminates state control of temples or, at the very least, cuts the role of the state to size in temples in a manner consistent with Articles 25(2)(a), 26 and 31A(b)."
"Since the dispensation at the Centre appears keen on undoing the legacy mistakes made by previous dispensations, particularly in relation to civilisational matters, it may want to set the balance right even on this front as it affects at least 75 per cent of the population."
Couple this with the BJP government's effort to bring major UK temples under government control.

Why is BJP, instead of working to free temple of governmental control, working to bring more temples under government control?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Undercurrents of BJP's desire to interfere in temples were visible in GJ too. Sometimes back I had made the comment about that backfiring on them. Hindu temples in GJ on a normal day won't say to vote for BJP but interfere with their boards and they will start saying to not vote for BJP.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

This effort has the same potential to impact GE 2024 as Swachh Bharat Mission , Saubhagya Mission, PMJDY and the cooking gas cylinder plans did for GE 2019:
Tap connections given to 1 lakh rural houses per day; Modi’s ‘Nal Se Jal’ still has long road to cover
Nearly 1 lakh households in rural India are getting tap connections every day since India stepped out of the nationwide lockdown on June 1, 2020. Amid Covid-19 pandemic, since Unlock-1, about 45 lakh tap connections have been provided so far in the year 2020-21, said a statement by the Ministry of Jalshakti. The Narendra Modi government launched the Jal Jeevan mission in August last year. The ‘Nal Se Jal’ scheme under this mission targets to provide tap connections to every household of the country till 2024. In the seven months of 2019-20, around 84.83 lakh rural households were provided with tap connections. However, the government figures suggest that out of 19.04 crore rural households in the country, only 3.23 crore households have tap connections while the remaining 15.81 crore households are yet to be provided with tap connections.

The government said that its objective is to cover nearly 16 crore households in a time-bound manner while ensuring the functionality of already provided connections. This means that 3.2 crore households are to be covered every year, that is nearly 88,000 tap connections are required to be provided on a daily basis. The government further informed that the states and Union Territories are working hard to provide tap connection to every rural household, among which, Bihar, Telangana, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh are on top.

In the current fiscal, Rs 23,500 crore has been allocated for the implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission and at present, more than Rs 8,000 Crore of the central fund is available with the states and UTs for the same cause. On top of that, half of the 15th Finance Commission grants to Rural Local Bodies, which is Rs 30,375 crore have also been earmarked for water supply and sanitation.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

Have a question for those demanding freeing of Hindu temples from Government. Let us assume that this is granted. Then who does the Government hand it over to? It is not enough to say , Oh, let the Hindus manage it'. The real question what would be the contours of a governance structure under an alternative dispensation? What if there is a parallel election along with the election to the legislative assembly, would the results be any different? I grant that there are minority religion voters in a every constituency. But barring a few exceptions would the results be any different?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Instead of freeing temples already under government control the BJP is hellbent on trying to bring more temples under a "Secular" government control ... Why?