BR Forum Feedback

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
RamSuresh
BRFite -Trainee

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Postby RamSuresh » 11 Sep 2020 12:45

mihir.mehta wrote:
Suraj wrote:No, you're expected to follow thread topic and posting guidelines.

An explanation could have been given. I still don't get it - what part of it is offensive or unacceptable?

Doklam being far away so my post gets deleted?

https://www.bharat-rakshak.com/Guidelines.html - This URL isn't working.

I pointed out one fact of the post which was clearly unsusbtantiated and to me looked like a rant. The claim that it would take ten years for our GDP to reach pre covid levels.

All independent projections so far expect India to be back at pre covid GDP levels by March 2022.

mihir.mehta
BRFite -Trainee

Postby mihir.mehta » 11 Sep 2020 12:46

RamSuresh wrote:
mihir.mehta wrote:I pointed out one fact of the post which was clearly unsusbtantiated and to me looked like a rant. The claim that it would take ten years for our GDP to reach pre covid levels.

All independent projections so far expect India to be back at pre covid GDP levels by March 2022.

That post is still there - another one has been deleted.

sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Postby sudarshan » 11 Sep 2020 21:48

BRF is not a democracy. The mods' decisions are final, and all the rest of us are okay with that. Those are the terms of the "service." Many of us (me included) found this out the hard way.

Mods don't offer reasons for post deletions to any of us other members, it is done upon their discretion. Just like judges in contests don't offer reasons to each participant as to "why did we pick that entry for first prize instead of yours." Judges' decisions are final, and that is made clear before anybody even enters the contest. Same goes here.

Mods aren't trying to be fair to members, in fact, many of their decisions are pretty unfair to members. Mods are trying to keep the forum safe from litigation, keep threads on topic, thinking about what kind of message is going out to the world through lurkers and even unsavory members.

Like I said, the rest of us members have learned to live with the occasional unfair mod decision in the larger interest. I suggest you do the same, if you want to continue on the forum. Take your cues from what gets deleted, and don't post any more along those lines. Just like all the rest of us.

Gus
BRF Oldie

Postby Gus » 11 Sep 2020 23:17

Umm...haven't been here in a long time and was surprised to see I could not get in without being on VPN. Was I ip banned at some point?

nachiket
Forum Moderator

Postby nachiket » 11 Sep 2020 23:21

AshishA wrote:
Suraj wrote:No, you're expected to follow thread topic and posting guidelines.

Can you change my name to AshishA? I don't know how it's done.

Done.

nachiket
Forum Moderator

Postby nachiket » 11 Sep 2020 23:26

mihir.mehta, mods may delete/edit any post at any time to maintain thread discipline or ensure that posts follow forum guidelines. This is not an uncommon occurrence and you have to learn to live with it if you wish to continue posting here. Posting on any online forum is a privilege not a right. It is important to understand that. Asking for clarification in this thread once is ok, but if the mods stick to their decisions there were good reasons for it and continuing to question those decisions will get you nowhere. I strongly advise you to let it go.

AshishA
BRFite

Postby AshishA » 11 Sep 2020 23:40

nachiket wrote:
AshishA wrote:Can you change my name to AshishA? I don't know how it's done.

Done.

Thanks a lot.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Postby Rahul M » 13 Sep 2020 16:01

Gus wrote:Umm...haven't been here in a long time and was surprised to see I could not get in without being on VPN. Was I ip banned at some point?

The server's algo might have put your IP as spam, esp. if not static ip. Please confirm that it's not your ISP doing the blocking.
If issue persists please drop an email to webmaster mentioning the issue.

vimal
BRFite

Postby vimal » 15 Sep 2020 11:47

I'm noticing a flurry of new member in the China border thread all of whom seem like JNU waallas constantly posting the nerhu era narrative. All have the same quality of long time lurkers with very low post counts. Are these real humans or Chini bots?

sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Postby sudarshan » 15 Sep 2020 20:46

Can we coin a term for this habit of quoting lengthy posts verbatim, and then tagging on a one-liner at the end? Very often one scrolls down a page-long quoted post, just to see a "+1" added at the end. I thought this was against forum policy?

I suggest the word "tail-ending" as in - just tagging along at the tail-end of one or two lengthy quotes with a "me-too" one-liner. It's a mercy that the forum software restricts these quotes to at most two levels of nesting, else it seems forumites will keep appending these quotes to infinity and break the page-scrolling. I think many folks here are treating this the way they treat chain emails, forwarding them along with the entire trail intact but adding a line or two to the top with each forward. Even with emails, it's professional courtesy (at least it should be) to periodically truncate them down and save some bandwidth.

Maybe folks aren't aware that these quotes can be edited before posting away. It isn't necessary to keep the entire quote, it can be pared down, even to just "..." before replying.

vimal
BRFite

Postby vimal » 15 Sep 2020 21:22

^^ tail-gaiting is the perfect word for it.

vimal
BRFite

Postby vimal » 16 Sep 2020 09:25

Is there a thread for Indic thought and knowledge? I would like to share a few channels that are doing a great job of spreading information but need a place and recognition.

A Scientific Understanding of Time - Introduction to Jyotisha Shastra

sudham
BRFite -Trainee

Postby sudham » 19 Sep 2020 22:30

Mods / Admins,

Request support with a name change request. Please help.
Request has been sent separately.

arshyam
BRF Oldie

Postby arshyam » 20 Sep 2020 12:05

Gus wrote:Umm...haven't been here in a long time and was surprised to see I could not get in without being on VPN. Was I ip banned at some point?

Long time indeed - welcome back!

arshyam
BRF Oldie

Postby arshyam » 20 Sep 2020 12:07

vimal wrote:Is there a thread for Indic thought and knowledge? I would like to share a few channels that are doing a great job of spreading information but need a place and recognition.

A Scientific Understanding of Time - Introduction to Jyotisha Shastra

[snipped YT link]

Sounds like something deserving of its own thread, mods permitting. The old GDF used to have some threads such topics, not sure if the strat forum is the right replacement now.

k prasad
BRFite

Postby k prasad » 24 Sep 2020 23:50

@mods, I'm unable to send PMs or reply to Pams I've received. I think I was able to in the long past before my BRF hiatus.

I was wondering if there's some restrictions there, or do I need to change some settings?

Thanks!

nachiket
Forum Moderator

Postby nachiket » 24 Sep 2020 23:57

k prasad wrote:@mods, I'm unable to send PMs or reply to Pams I've received. I think I was able to in the long past before my BRF hiatus.

I was wondering if there's some restrictions there, or do I need to change some settings?

Thanks!

PM's are only available for admins. You can receive PM's but cannot reply to them.

k prasad
BRFite

Postby k prasad » 25 Sep 2020 02:27

Oh cool. that's good to know. Coz I got some messages but wasn't able to respond to them.

Return to “Military Issues & History Forum”