2020 US election results discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
saip
BRF Oldie

Re: 2020 US election results discussion

Post by saip »

nandakumar wrote:
Mort Walker wrote:
I live in CA for the past 10 years. When you get your Drivers license there is column whether you would like vote by mail. I ticked yes on that and I have been getting ballots by mail. These are printed with candidates names and propositions too. These props are put in there by voters through collection of signatures. This time there are over a dozen props. Add to this all the candidates, president, congressman, mayor, school commissioners etc and you have 4 page long ballot. There is no requirement that you must vote for every candidate or the prop. You can leave them blank. If you vote in person it will be difficult to remember which prop says what and why you want to vote for that. So I prefer marking them at home and mailing them (they provide you with post paid envelop). This time I chose to drop it off at one of the boxes set up by my town. You are required to sign the ENVELOP (not the ballot) which then will be compared by someone or something before the ballot is validated and opened. Californians have been doing this for years without any problems.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Results by County
Gwinnett

Candidates Votes %

D Joe Biden 241,827 58.40%
R Donald Trump 166,413 40.20%
O Jo Jorgensen 5,625 1.40%

Reporting 100% in
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Mort Walker wrote:^^^It appears you suffer from TDS. ... Let those finish first and then court actions will proceed.
Sure, why not? But please, meanwhile, do take a chill pill. No place for republican unsubstanitated conspiracy theories on this board (as you said this board is India centric) or take them elsewhere. Thank you.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Mort Walker wrote: Results are not complete from AK, AZ, PA, NC and GA. Let those finish first and then court actions will proceed.
Why only those five? Just so you know even CA is not done (it allows 17 days to receive the absentee ballots). AFAIK, NO state has completed its ballot counting as most of them allow several days after the election day to complete the count and certify or sign the ascertianment certificate by their respective governors. Until then ALL ballot counts are PROVISIONAL.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

An interesting feminine perspective...

Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

All the fraud allegations and grand standing as defenders of democracy basically amount to this:

Watch President Donald J Trump's "personal" lawyer's press conference At the Four Seasons* Philadelphia. Priceless !

* Four Seasons Landscaping co.'s parking lot, sandwiched between a po!n shop and a crematorium in an industrial friche of Philly. Not sure who managed to find such a fitting location.
Last edited by Cyrano on 11 Nov 2020 01:01, edited 1 time in total.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

saip wrote:
Mort Walker wrote:^^^It appears you suffer from TDS. ... Let those finish first and then court actions will proceed.
Sure, why not? But please, meanwhile, do take a chill pill. No place for republican unsubstanitated conspiracy theories on this board (as you said this board is India centric) or take them elsewhere. Thank you.

You are unable to recognized a flawed voting system prone to fraud. No positive voter identification and then unsolicited ballots. You’re pooitical bias will not allow you to see these faults.

There is great pride that even in this pandemic > 57% of the Bihar public came out to vote in a free and fair election.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Donations to Trump's election legal fund would also go towards paying off his campaign's debt
On a donation page for Trump's "Official Election Defense Fund," the fine print says 60% will go towards paying off the campaign's debt.
One last con while the Presidency lasts.

I hope they maintain a fully detailed inventory of everything in the White House and luggage of Trump & Co are thoroughly checked for WH monogrammed ash trays, silver cutlery, baubles and objets d'art when the are finally ejected on Jan 20th.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

is there any other leader in the world with benjamin netanyahu's political b@!!s.

the israelis truly value friendship and they value their friends

Benjamin Netanyahu@netanyahu · Nov 8

Thank you @realDonaldTrump for the friendship you have shown the state of Israel and me personally, for recognizing Jerusalem and the Golan, for standing up to Iran, for the historic peace accords and for bringing the American-Israeli alliance to unprecedented heights.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Looks like a send off tweet doesn't it ?
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Mort Walker wrote:
saip wrote: Sure, why not? But please, meanwhile, do take a chill pill. No place for republican unsubstanitated conspiracy theories on this board (as you said this board is India centric) or take them elsewhere. Thank you.

You are unable to recognized a flawed voting system prone to fraud. No positive voter identification and then unsolicited ballots. You’re pooitical bias will not allow you to see these faults.

There is great pride that even in this pandemic > 57% of the Bihar public came out to vote in a free and fair election.
Does 'prone to' equal to 'definitely committed'? Why the ad hominem attacks? Trump calls every one with derogatory names. Some times you do too.
Why, Sir?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

nachiket wrote:
Karan M wrote:
This is a mistaken assumption IMHO. Twitter threads are "screenshot" and sent via the above channels as key messages. It plays a significant role in that sense apart from influencing many middle class folks. They don't believe WA forwards but take Twitter threads as accurate.
I'm not so sure about that. Some of the media and Congress high hopes before the 2019 election were down to the apparent good reception NYAY and RG got on Twitter. Turned out to be all hot air in the end. What I've noticed is that Twitter seems to provide a warped picture to everyone because of the automatic bubble it creates around you because of who you follow. Leads people to think an opinion or person is far more widely popular/unpopular than in reality. This is apparent even in the US elections. Woke far-left ideology for example seems to be far more popular on Twitter than in the general US public leading to surprise and whining amongst that lot when one of their pet peeves fails spectacularly.
You have missed the point I am making. NYAY and RG got a great reception because of their own fake RT boosting bots. They can hardly be compared to what the above medium offers when used well. As if the people who ran the INC outreach did not know what they themselves were doing. If they didn't, that's on them not the medium itself.

Twitter offers people a chance to condense long form articles into pithy messages for the attention challenged. It is the perfect medium for the current era. Its likely going to be challenged by Insta for the next gen as that platform is even better for those who want "hot takes" with even less effort.

In that sense, Twitter threads which are screenshot offer a unique opportunity for IT cells and even amateurs to share complex messages in a simple manner with various people via both WhatsApp and FB plus other channels.

People not only get "hot takes" on a hot topic, but also assume that a reply to a famous handle is "defiance" so they get popular. In fact its very common FB now and WA to see Twitter links and screenshots which spark debate. A long form article on the same topic is more effort.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

In fact its very common FB now and WA to see Twitter links and screenshots which spark debate.
Recent Bangalore riots were engineered exactly like that.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

So, as expected, Bihar showed how to conduct an election with a 76 million strong electorate (out which 41 million showed up to vote) in Covid times, and results were declared on the designated date with 100% counting completed. A no-nonsense ECI went about its job capably and competently, and everyone went home.

https://results.eci.gov.in/ACTRENDS2020 ... lt-S04.htm

The size of the Bihar electorate is around a third of the electorate of the entire US, btw, in case someone complains the comparison is not fair to the US :lol:
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

saip wrote:
nandakumar wrote:
I live in CA for the past 10 years. When you get your Drivers license there is column whether you would like vote by mail. I ticked yes on that and I have been getting ballots by mail. These are printed with candidates names and propositions too. These props are put in there by voters through collection of signatures. This time there are over a dozen props. Add to this all the candidates, president, congressman, mayor, school commissioners etc and you have 4 page long ballot. There is no requirement that you must vote for every candidate or the prop. You can leave them blank. If you vote in person it will be difficult to remember which prop says what and why you want to vote for that. So I prefer marking them at home and mailing them (they provide you with post paid envelop). This time I chose to drop it off at one of the boxes set up by my town. You are required to sign the ENVELOP (not the ballot) which then will be compared by someone or something before the ballot is validated and opened. Californians have been doing this for years without any problems.
Thanks. I understand better now.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

Postal worker recanted allegations of ballot tampering, officials say
....... claim that a postmaster in Erie, Pa., instructed postal workers to backdate ballots mailed after Election Day was cited by Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) in a letter to the Justice Department calling for a federal investigation. ........

But on Monday, Hopkins, 32, told investigators from the U.S. Postal Service’s Office of Inspector General that the allegations were not true, and he signed an affidavit recanting his claims, ....
In the end DJT will appear a sore loser. Better to make a dignified exit than .......
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

This is far from over until the courts rule. In MI and PA, the counting stopped on election night in order for votes to be manufactured. During the counting, Republican observers were kept out and those who were counting were wearing Biden-Harris face masks. At least 40,000 deceased or people who no longer live in the state voted in PA.

Massive voter fraud going on in Philadelphia, Detroit and Atlanta.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

arshyam wrote:So, as expected, Bihar showed how to conduct an election with a 76 million strong electorate (out which 41 million showed up to vote) in Covid times, and results were declared on the designated date with 100% counting completed. A no-nonsense ECI went about its job capably and competently, and everyone went home.

https://results.eci.gov.in/ACTRENDS2020 ... lt-S04.htm

The size of the Bihar electorate is around a third of the electorate of the entire US, btw, in case someone complains the comparison is not fair to the US :lol:
During the pandemic over 57% voted in Bihar. Without the ECI and if there was mail-in ballots, then the MGB would have won the election through vote fraud like in the US.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

If they can get votes recount/audit and identify invalid votes with dates issues and signatures, at least these invalid votes will be deducted. Always mail-in ballots go to toss as election booth votes have less chance of being invalid. Even in provisional ballots mail-in ballots are thrown out. This recount/audits can be targeted to fixing in 3 suspect cities. In Philly they have to find some 35 K votes as invalid to flip.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

To find invalid votes, there first need to be invalid votes which were not discarded during counting. One reason the counting was so slow later on in most states was because they had to weed out the invalid ones and check the ones with any issues. Current Trump strategy seems to be to say that since the leads changed from him to Biden as the counting went on during the night there must have been fraud. Flawless reasoning.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Forget recounts, If America has to regain credibility in world it has conduct reelections again in the disputed 4 or 5 states.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

To regain the credibility lost due to Trump's petulance, US should re-conduct elections because of his allegations that lack credibility, as if reconducting elections itself will not make them lose credibility. Waah, kya logic hai !
george
BRFite -Trainee

Post by george »

Cyrano wrote:Looks like a send off tweet doesn't it ?
Take it easy dude, you sound pretty desperate replying to every comment here, it aint adding to bidens cred or deriding Trumps.

Voter turnout in 2016 ~ 137 Million
Voter turnout in 2020 > 160 Million.

Nothing to see here, move along. Just that Biden is so much more lovable than Hillary
Last edited by george on 11 Nov 2020 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
george
BRFite -Trainee

Post by george »

Vivek K wrote:Postal worker recanted allegations of ballot tampering, officials say
....... claim that a postmaster in Erie, Pa., instructed postal workers to backdate ballots mailed after Election Day was cited by Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) in a letter to the Justice Department calling for a federal investigation. ........

But on Monday, Hopkins, 32, told investigators from the U.S. Postal Service’s Office of Inspector General that the allegations were not true, and he signed an affidavit recanting his claims, ....
In the end DJT will appear a sore loser. Better to make a dignified exit than .......
Fake news. He DID NOT recant shit!
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Cyrano wrote:To regain the credibility lost due to Trump's petulance, US should re-conduct elections because of his allegations that lack credibility, as if reconducting elections itself will not make them lose credibility. Waah, kya logic hai !
Only in 4-5 disputed states. What is wrong in this? In India whenever there is a suspicion of wrongdoing at the booth level, that booth itself goes for a revote. Many times it has happened. Even the most poor state of India which is Bihar, hosted elections which are much fairer. The process was also much more smooth and transparent.
george
BRFite -Trainee

Post by george »

darshhan wrote:
Cyrano wrote:To regain the credibility lost due to Trump's petulance, US should re-conduct elections because of his allegations that lack credibility, as if reconducting elections itself will not make them lose credibility. Waah, kya logic hai !
Only in 4-5 disputed states. What is wrong in this? In India whenever there is a suspicion of wrongdoing at the booth level, that booth itself goes for a revote. Many times it has happened. Even the most poor state of India which is Bihar, hosted elections which are much fairer. The process was also much more smooth and transparent.
I will tell you whats wrong - Its gonna be a bithc trying to fake another 8 million odd votes!!! wtf
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

^^^ Can you calm down and use better language?
george
BRFite -Trainee

Post by george »

Did you take offence at the fact that I pointed out the fake news you posted? Why have you not deleted your fake news link yet?

The language I used does not abuse anyone!

its gonna be a bitch means 'real difficult'. wtf means throwing your hands up in exasperation. did either offend you? Lefty clowns spare no chance abusing trump but suddenly want to pontificate and become the thought police when someone is done taking bs.

What next? brandishing your BRF Oldie tag to put me in my place? :mrgreen:
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

Nope! I don’t have a problem - maybe a different opinion than yours on your rebuttal.

Do you think when people debate they have to use words like you chose to go back and forth because they disagree? You have every right to disagree with my post but have to express I your difference with decorum.

And BTW we all know the meaning of the terms you used. Chill, George, Chill!
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

george wrote:
darshhan wrote:
I will tell you whats wrong - Its gonna be a bithc trying to fake another 8 million odd votes!!! wtf
So what? It is the right thing to do. This is exactly what American Exceptionalism is about. The world looks upto America for upholding the democratic values. Now is the time to lead by example.

The only objection can be that it will entail additional cost. But Even India bears the additional cost for bypolls and mid term elections whenever they are required.
george
BRFite -Trainee

Post by george »

darshhan wrote:
george wrote:
So what? It is the right thing to do. This is exactly what American Exceptionalism is about. The world looks upto America for upholding the democratic values. Now is the time to lead by example.

The only objection can be that it will entail additional cost. But Even India bears the additional cost for bypolls and mid term elections whenever they are required.
:rotfl:

Sir, I dont know if you totally missed the sarcasm or decided to double down on it. Fantastic either way!
george
BRFite -Trainee

Post by george »

Vivek K wrote:Nope! I don’t have a problem - maybe a different opinion than yours on your rebuttal.

Do you think when people debate they have to use words like you chose to go back and forth because they disagree? You have every right to disagree with my post but have to express I your difference with decorum.

And BTW we all know the meaning of the terms you used. Chill, George, Chill!
When did I debate with you? Stop making up stories.

I called out your bluff, there was nothing 'abusive' there. BRF by default autodeletes or overwrites words that it does not tolerate. I have not used any such. Maybe you should stop being this sensitive.

And yes I caught your tone of chill george like you address a dog. Good going there.

p.s., you still have not removed the fake news link. just saying.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

Well - this is the problem with us today. My last post to you George - don't wat to de-rail the thread with our back and forth. We want to demonize the other that has a contrary view. When people debate each other they use very appropriate terms to indicate a difference of opinion. They don't say - what sh__ you're talking or "w_f"! how dare you say this. But there are others that will do the cleanup for us very soon.

Why does the link offend you? Its up on several news sites. The person referred to has been going back and forth ad probably has an affidavit and a counter affidavit. My view - the RNC offer of $25,000 for affidavits my have incentivized him. However, this will go to the courts and a judgement will be made.

In the DJT era, whenever one is on the backfoot, he or she resorts to "fake news" attack instead of debating the facts or finding "alternative facts". I would recommend you learn from Mort. We have a similar difference but his responses are more credible. He tries to find rebuttals with facts in them while you hurl angry words back. Enough from me! Back to normal programming.
george
BRFite -Trainee

Post by george »

Vivek K wrote:Well - this is the problem with us today. My last post to you George - don't wat to de-rail the thread with our back and forth. We want to demonize the other that has a contrary view. When people debate each other they use very appropriate terms to indicate a difference of opinion. They don't say - what sh__ you're talking or "w_f"! how dare you say this. But there are others that will do the cleanup for us very soon.

Why does the link offend you? Its up on several news sites. The person referred to has been going back and forth ad probably has an affidavit and a counter affidavit. My view - the RNC offer of $25,000 for affidavits my have incentivized him. However, this will go to the courts and a judgement will be made.

In the DJT era, whenever one is on the backfoot, he or she resorts to "fake news" attack instead of debating the facts or finding "alternative facts". I would recommend you learn from Mort. We have a similar difference but his responses are more credible. He tries to find rebuttals with facts in them while you hurl angry words back. Enough from me! Back to normal programming.
Vivek, please do not sermonize me. You are sitting behind a keyboard and have no qualifications to judge my moral compass.

My response to your link was - "This is Fake news. He DID NOT recant shit!

There is absolutely nothing offensive there. You had no rebuttal so you decide to go off on a moral rant.

Did I say the link offends me? I said it was fake news. The person in question gave a clear statement that the media is lying and that he did not Recant anything. If you have no semblance of objectivity, and want to take the nearest high pedestal and claim moral high ground based on an infuriated response to the FAKE NEWS you posted, it only shows you up. Kindly stop pontificating. I do not need a moral science lesson from you.

And finally, the statement 'Chill George, Chill'. Do you have a pet dog who you regularly pat down or give a belly rub to? I was not born yesterday either and sure have a few tooth too long. So once again, off your high horse and try an objective debate not based on FAKE NEWS.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Language gets moderator bans. This thread itself is at the mercy of moderators allowing temporarily as this is irrelevant for this Forum. Please don't let the thread locked.

We need all kinds of info people post to be on top what is going on in elections.

While we agree there is possibility of fraud and need for recounts, they also have burden of.proof. Many here support Trump also coming for next term due to Indian interests.
george
BRFite -Trainee

Post by george »

ShyamSP wrote:Language gets moderator bans. This thread itself is at the mercy of moderators allowing temporarily as this is irrelevant for this Forum. Please don't let the thread locked.

We need all kinds of info people post to be on top what is going on in elections.

While we agree there is possibility of fraud and need for recounts, they also have burden of.proof. Many here support Trump also coming for next term due to Indian interests.
An accusation does not imply guilt. Kindly point out the offensive language that will get me a mod warning. Maybe I need to calibrate, though I dont believe I have overstepped.

On the contrary a hollow accusation to cover up a lack of an objective response is not a first on online forums.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

darshhan wrote:
The problem is known election outcome based on exit polling and individual states giving results to media. India is much superior in its voting system. No exit polling and states or districts are not allowed to release data to the media. In the recent Bihar election, the ECI documented any irregularities in different polling stations within districts. In a few cases it found a few irregularities and re-polled at some locations. Hats off to the ECI for protecting democracy. In any re-polling in the US in 4-5 states to decide the outcome will affect voter’s decision since they know this election is very close where less than 100,000 voters have affected the electoral college. What I’m saying is that there is no easy way out.

The outcome of this election is known. Biden has won, but the process must be followed so that the corrupt Democratic Party does not resort to future cheat by mail system to do organized ballot box stuffing for an American style booth capturing. There are two senate seats in a runoff election in early January in Georgia (runoff where no candidate got 50% of vote on 8th Nov) and that nasty urban naxalite, known as Stacey Abrams, has promised to deliver both seats to the Democratic Party. This is only possible through Mail in booth capturing system.

The Indian voting system is far superior and if a remote or mail in ballot system was free and fair, the ECI would have implemented it in India during the pandemic. Places like WB in January are a challenge to the ECI where the TMC is going to engage in voter suppression and intimidation. I place far more confidence in the ECI, than I do in any US state or the US Federal Election Commission.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Georgia has just announced they are going with full audit and hand recount.

Michigan seems to be going for recount process.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

george wrote:
Vivek K wrote:Postal worker recanted allegations of ballot tampering, officials say

Fake news. He DID NOT recant shit!
Can you point to a link which proves it is FAKE?
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

George, you have earned a lifetime ban for derailing the thread. Goodbye.