2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Pratyush »

Mass murderer Mudi. Mudi must rejine.

No different from that.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

chetak wrote:
RajD wrote:The recent alleged suicide of Deepti Kale purportedly while escaping from the toilet of Sassoon hospital, Pune. She was a member of the NCP and a high profile high court lawyer and quite an influential person overall. She had been arrested under MCOCA for her alleged involvement in the extortion and murder of a jeweller in Pune. The clip suspects resemblance with Mansukh Hiren case. This case according to the clip is a potential bomb as hinted in the title and it has potential to open a nasty can of worms. Pls see the clip, its in Marathi, though.
https://youtu.be/qARyvXyhBXg.
RajD ji

could you summarize the video briefly, just the gist.
Briefly as follows -
In Pune a big jeweller Milind Marathe (of Marathe jewellers) went missing after extortion demands. Some time later his body was found. There was doubt whether it was suicide or murder. Deepti Kale, a prominent lawyer of Mumbai High Court (feted by the daily newspaper Lokmat), who had string political leanings, joined the NCP in last October. She was said to be close to Sharad Pawar and the Pune NCP head. She had in the recent past raised allegations of sexual exploitation against a prominent Congress leader of Maharashtra.

During the course of investigations of the Marathe case, the Pune police (under the lead of CP Gupta - the same officer who was accused of giving transit passes to the Wadhwans from Khandala to Mahabaleshwar, and who was said to be favored and selected by the NCP to be transferred to the Pune police) applied the stringent MCOCA act on her, despite being said to be strongly under the influence of the NCP itself.

She was admitted to the Sasoon hospital for checkup where she went to the bathroom. As she didn't return after some time, the guards checked on her and found that the glass panes at the back of the bathroom were removed and she was not in the bathroom. Soon there was commotion on the ground below, about a woman lying dead apparently of a fall and it was confirmed to be her.

The reporter concludes by saying there seem to be a lot of similarities between her case and the case of Hiren Mansukh, who was silenced to stop him from spilling the beans about the Ambani bomb threat plot. It is not sure whether someone was trying to aid her escape and the accidental fall or the push, which resulted in her death, has come as a good outcome to the behind the scenes perpetrators, as her silence is now permanent.
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

The amount of small and big businessmen from Pune who have ran into good amount of trouble after the MVA grabbed power is huge. Gautam Pashankar is another example. One common link is the "private moneylender" bogey.
There are a few more, who may barely make up a corner portion of a news section with vague information like "Pune based businessman committed suicide". There definitely should be more investigation into this.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

^^^^^^^

@Manish_P ji.

Many thanks.

now we know why the maha vasooli aghadi was formed with mutual back scratching as the common minimum program
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

This is Sangh Shiksha!

Whenever someone calls you Sanghi, show them this and tell them that you wear that title as a badge of honour

Don’t expect Narayanrao ji to be on the TIME’s list of most influential people .. that’s reserved for biryani tasters like Bilkis dadi

Narayanrao ji was an exemplary Hindu who lived by the tenets of Hindutwa.

ॐ शांति

* comments are sourced from twitter

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

and here it is, stated baldly by a house nigger and a soldout brown sepoy batting for the BIF

replaced by whom, ...........by pappus and pappis, vadras and little vadris crowding the line of succession like some 14th century eyetalian historical farce
Joshi: “It’s best to state this simply: Narendra Modi needs to go. Amit Shah needs to go. Ajay Mohan Bisht aka Yogi Adityanath needs to go. The bunch of integrity-free incompetents Mr Modi has gathered around him as his ministers all need to go.”
via@dhume

Breaking the thermometer
triank
BRFite

Post by triank »

chetak wrote:shameless khujliwal.

It will make no difference to him

Delhi HC has admitted a PIL now seeking proceedings against 'bhasad ji' (भसड़ जी) for criminal negligence of duty.
triank
BRFite

Post by triank »

vimal wrote:
Ambar wrote: Back to politics when all this is over i hope the first act should be to bring down the wretched MH govt by any and every means. Second, bring in some energetic faces in Chattisgarh and Jharkhand BJP who can hold the incumbent government accountable. As for DL, i think their 1000 yr curse is yet to run its course, so they are stuck with free bijli, paani and the crooked grinning cheshire cat Kejriwal.

Don't forget the real puppet master behind these puppets, the entire Congi eco-system. Does it bother anyone else that entire Covid hotspot since the last one year has been Del and Maha? It seems these states have been in no hurry to cull the spread of the disease or even contain it.

Last year, Kejriwal forced out migrant labourers from UP to spread the panic and disease and as a means to spite Yogi. He also famously was telling "outsiders" to not use Delhi's medical facilities. Now all that he does everyday is beg for oxygen cylinders from other states and center. Karma is a bitch!

Meanwhile see how things are in Maha:
"I can make 10 doctors like you stand here" Shiv Sena Corporator Threatens Doc
even this year the scene was similar - desperate attempts of migrants to leave delhi & maharashtra. and like last year, no attempt was made to make them not leave. only the LG intervened this time now in delhi, with making provisions for stay food & money for the migrants, while dilli ka tuglaq did nothing. i believe the conspiracy is/was to this way ratchet up positive cases in BJP-governed UP too. and i have heard many smarta$$ migrants too actively contributed to it, by getting forged negative PCR-reports before travelling. all of it contributed to a suddem surge in numbers in UP as well.
triank
BRFite

Post by triank »

darshan wrote:Tripura DM not only abused Hindus but also went after a surgeon. That too during the pandemic. He should be criminally prosecuted and thrown into jail.

https://youtu.be/iG4HE2fTAW8
that psychopath was apparently an IPS officer earlier. faced disciplinary enquiry for abusing females at the police academy. beat up an orderly at a police guest house. later ordered opening of firing on Hindus who were opposing ban on Durga Pujo while he was posted in WB. this 'badboo' (the original word from which 'babu' supposedly originated) has had a 'colourful' past. had to have.

he later in a PC 'apologised' IF he said he hurt any feelings.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

triank wrote:that psychopath was apparently an IPS officer earlier. faced disciplinary enquiry for abusing females at the police academy. beat up an orderly at a police guest house. later ordered opening of firing on Hindus who were opposing ban on Durga Pujo while he was posted in WB.
At least in Tripura with a BJP government, such IAS/IPS officials needs to be 'made an example off'. For all you know, he may be a crypto-Xian as well. There has to be good departmental enquiries and disciplinary proceedings so that such IAS/IPS Afsars can actively start looking for a job in private sector.
RajD
BRFite

Post by RajD »

chetak wrote:
RajD wrote:The recent alleged suicide of Deepti Kale purportedly while escaping from the toilet of Sassoon hospital, Pune. She was a member of the NCP and a high profile high court lawyer and quite an influential person overall. She had been arrested under MCOCA for her alleged involvement in the extortion and murder of a jeweller in Pune. The clip suspects resemblance with Mansukh Hiren case. This case according to the clip is a potential bomb as hinted in the title and it has potential to open a nasty can of worms. Pls see the clip, its in Marathi, though.
https://youtu.be/qARyvXyhBXg.
RajD ji

Please... no Ji for me, sir.
I'm sorry, I could not reply promptly but I'd posted the jist above.
In the meanwhile @Manishji has translated it in detail very succinctly.
The only thing which needs to be explained is the meaning and significance of the title, what the author has hinted at not so subtly if you know Marathi.
The word 'chandane'(चांदणे) in the title means like in hindi as stars/ clear starry night and 'Sharad Rutu'(शरद ॠतु), the beginning of winter is very famous for such nights. In marathi its described as Sharadache chandane(शरदाचे चांदणे) very fondly and in the same breath. So, it's a very clear hint about what the author wants to say.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

#Resign modi......
It is following the predicted script. So that was plan. Interestingly western secular media is highlighting it followed by our pressitutes.
RajD
BRFite

Post by RajD »

Manish_P wrote:
chetak wrote:
RajD ji

Briefly as follows -
In Pune a big jeweller Milind Marathe (of Marathe jewellers) went missing after extortion demands. Some time later his body was found. There was doubt whether it was suicide or murder. Deepti Kale, a prominent lawyer of Mumbai High Court (feted by the daily newspaper Lokmat), who had string political leanings, joined the NCP in last October. She was said to be close to Sharad Pawar and the Pune NCP head. She had in the recent past raised allegations of sexual exploitation against a prominent Congress leader of Maharashtra.

During the course of investigations of the Marathe case, the Pune police (under the lead of CP Gupta - the same officer who was accused of giving transit passes to the Wadhwans from Khandala to Mahabaleshwar, and who was said to be favored and selected by the NCP to be transferred to the Pune police) applied the stringent MCOCA act on her, despite being said to be strongly under the influence of the NCP itself.

She was admitted to the Sasoon hospital for checkup where she went to the bathroom. As she didn't return after some time, the guards checked on her and found that the glass panes at the back of the bathroom were removed and she was not in the bathroom. Soon there was commotion on the ground below, about a woman lying dead apparently of a fall and it was confirmed to be her.

The reporter concludes by saying there seem to be a lot of similarities between her case and the case of Hiren Mansukh, who was silenced to stop him from spilling the beans about the Ambani bomb threat plot. It is not sure whether someone was trying to aid her escape and the accidental fall or the push, which resulted in her death, has come as a good outcome to the behind the scenes perpetrators, as her silence is now permanent.
Manishji,
You've translated it absolutely flawlessly, indeed.
Thanks.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sachin wrote:
triank wrote:that psychopath was apparently an IPS officer earlier. faced disciplinary enquiry for abusing females at the police academy. beat up an orderly at a police guest house. later ordered opening of firing on Hindus who were opposing ban on Durga Pujo while he was posted in WB.
At least in Tripura with a BJP government, such IAS/IPS officials needs to be 'made an example off'. For all you know, he may be a crypto-Xian as well. There has to be good departmental enquiries and disciplinary proceedings so that such IAS/IPS Afsars can actively start looking for a job in private sector.
this turd should be arrested for assault, sacked from service and jailed.

these are uncultured brown shahibs, the excrementitious remains of low class as well as low born white skinned colonial britshits

West Tripura DM ‘suspended’ for unruly behaviour.

April 29, 2021

West Tripura DM ‘suspended’ for unruly behaviour

West Tripura District Magistrate (DM) Shailesh Kumar Yadav has reportedly been suspended.

West Tripura DM Shailesh Kumar Yadav has reportedly been suspended for manhandling people including a groom at a wedding ceremony in Agartala, a couple of days back.

In several videos of the incident, that went viral in the social media, the DM was heard hurling abuses at the people present at the wedding party.

The IAS officer had entered the marriage halls and asked people to vacate the premises immediately for allegedly violating COVID-19 restrictions.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

RajD wrote:
Manish_P wrote:
Briefly as follows -

Manishji,
Thanks.

RajD ji

that's why I wrote 12mati.

read the "12" in hindi

also in the ambani case, the maha vasooli aghadi were, it is alleged, were trying to "collect" their "share" of ambani's stake sale of his various companies that netted him tens of thousands of crores.

hence the gelatin sticks as a warning after the repeated demands were ignored
Last edited by chetak on 29 Apr 2021 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

RajD wrote: Manishji,
Thanks.
You are welcome, sir. BTW I am not a maharashtrian by birth, as such. My parents moved to Mumbai when they were little children and were raised in the textile mill workers Chawls heartland of the city. They would read Marathi newspaper, watch Marathi plays and movies, socialize with their Maharashtrian neighbours. While they sent me to a convent school, they made sure my elective language was Marathi. Now I can fluently speak and write in Marathi but not my parents own south Indian language :cry:
triank
BRFite

Post by triank »

rsingh wrote:#Resign modi......
It is following the predicted script. So that was plan. Interestingly western secular media is highlighting it followed by our pressitutes.
check this clip from an 80s bhaiwood movie. tells the same script:

RajD
BRFite

Post by RajD »

chetak wrote:
Thanks.

RajD ji

that's why I wrote 12mati.

read the "12" in hindi

also in the ambani case, the maha vasooli aghadi were, it is alleged, were trying to "collect" their "share" of ambani's stake sale of his various companies that netted him tens of thousands of crores.

hence the gelatin sticks as a warning after the repeated demands were ignored
Yes. What you're saying is absolutely true. Although the tone and tenor of the clip makes it obvious, still I thought, it'd be prudent to put forth a nuance of Marathi language behind the word 'chandane'(चांदणे) in the title.
Regards.
RajD
BRFite

Post by RajD »

Manish_P wrote:
Thanks.
You are welcome, sir. BTW I am not a maharashtrian by birth, as such. My parents moved to Mumbai when they were little children and were raised in the textile mill workers Chawls heartland of the city. They would read Marathi newspaper, watch Marathi plays and movies, socialize with their Maharashtrian neighbours. While they sent me to a convent school, they made sure my elective language was Marathi. Now I can fluently speak and write in Marathi but not my parents own south Indian language :cry:
Oh. Nice to know that. Your knowledge of Marathi is stupendous. But I feel sad that you unfortunately can't speak your mother tongue(parent's mother tongue). I won't call it as a native language, insulting it. Incidently, I also had a few boys with me in our purely(all sujects) Marathi medium school whose mother tongue was different. I still remember one of them by surname Tanwwar(तंव्वर/टव्वर). I think he was a Punjabi if I'm not mistaken and his father was a scrap trader.
Regards.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Thakur_B wrote:
chetak wrote:khujliwal raj

बिजली हाफ,

पानी माफ,

ऑक्सीजन साफ !
Yeah? How about non Kejriwal ruled states? I have received nothing but bad news about dear ones passing away since last few days. They weren't in Delhi alone, they were in MP, UP, Haryana, Bihar, Gujarat also. Some couldn't get their bloody reports in a week till their situation got worsened. Those who got reports couldn't get Blood Tests in time because labs ran out of reagents. And same thing with oxygen. Same with hospital beds. Those who are not covid positive have also died because hospitals didn't have a bed. Precious days were lost at each step running from pillar to post.

BJP IT cell is trying desperately to mock Kejru and UT for Delhi / Maharashtra Disaster. Yes their preparation was abysmal. So was Yogi's. So was Shivraj's. So was Khattar's. So was everybody's. And then there is blatantly shameless underreporting of deaths.

Me, my parents, my wife and infant, my in laws, all are positive in three different states. Only I have recovered so far. My entire friend circle or their families are positive. Last couple of weeks have been nerve racking trying to arrange medical essentials for friends and family over phone while still struggling with the personal toll of disease myself.

I tried making a list of people I know who are infected so I can enquire about their health. I had to give up when the list was 300 names long, and I just couldn't compile it anymore.

So please, it's my humble request to not make this disaster political. This may seem like an emotional rant, but I do not have it in me to make another phone call to console people who have lost a dear one.
Thakurji, i am responding to your post here since it is mostly political. First order of the day is for you and your family to get healthy as soon as possible, nothing else matters .

I completely agree that everyone dropped the ball, the state governments, the central government and especially the mango janta. Many here on this forum including myself said several times that the cases will increase when we hit our annual flu season, people like Dr Harshavardhan and every state health minister should have known this and taken actions to mitigate the situation but they did not.

The anger against Kejri and Thackeray is because even when rest of India was going towards relative normalcy the last 6 months, the cases remained high in MH. Even now 50% of the deaths and cases are from 3 states - MH, DL and CG. The difference between Kejri/Uddhav Vs someone like Yogi Adityanath or BS Yeddiyurappa (whom, btw, i think is a dud) is that the later two are on war footing tracking vaccines, anti viral drugs, ICU beds, oxygen supply, where as the former is steadfastly following his usual mantra of "do nothing, blame Modi". Its not easy and it won't be fast but atleast they are trying unlike Kejri who on 23rd of Apr said Delhi has 5000 vacant beds and on 24th of Apr wrote to the PM saying there is no oxygen and no ICUs left in DL ! His act of rushing his cabinet to assist the very terrorists who set DL on fire last year and have blocked 3 main highways this year to ensure they get wifi, water, electricity but now twiddling his thumb and looking at center for all the help when his city is being ravaged by the pandemic is why he deserves all the flak. Remember, Kejriwal and Uddhav are a part of the same ecosystem who earlier this year were willfully spreading malicious rumors against the approved vaccines.

Our healthcare system is under a stress like never seen before. 95% of the people who seek healthcare services are for non-covid flu reasons but they all suffer because the entire system is now geared towards fighting the pandemic, so you will see suffering and avoidable deaths in population not directly impacted by covid. As for underreporting of deaths it is impossible for best of governments to track the exact numbers to the last digit in a time like this but no government has an incentive of under reporting it willfully. The reason is quite simple, at a district level each covid case gets a certain amount of funding from the state government and the central government, this goes to every institute from hospitals to crematoriums. If they are under reporting then they are losing money, money which as we know, atleast a part of it is siphoned off. Secondly, India is a political landmine, the opposition parties, the partisan media watch like hawks to nail the current governments locally and nationally. It is not easy to hide deaths when it is recorded at multiple levels. Throughout 2020 i watched 2 districts in KAR closely because it mattered to me, i was comparing the daily numbers in local vernacular papers , talking to people on the ground including those in DHO office and the numbers were just around ~10% higher than what was reported on MoHFW site.

Although we routinely use "vulture media" as a figure of speech, Burkha Dutt kind are literally turning into one setting up camps inside crematoriums. Will she dare do the same in muslim burial sites or is it that covid is so secular that it only strikes hindus ? I really wish some news channel would keep the spirits up by showing recovery in 98% in all covid cases.

I have no doubts we will emerge out of this crisis , we will recover physically and economically . Long term apart from improving our healthcare infrastructure, we really really need to speed up the "smart cities" program. Unless you reduce the population in our big cities, we will continue to live under the fear of communicable diseases and poor health because of population density, traffic induced stress, poor lung health due to pollution and dust.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Guess who is back.. Suzie Roy or Genocide Suzie as denizens of twitter call her. She is probably on a high these days.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/a ... 1619651240
It’s hard to convey the full depth and range of the trauma, the chaos and the indignity that people are being subjected to. Meanwhile, Modi and his allies are telling us not to complain

by Arundhati Roy
Warning: Read only if you have low blood pressure. Its the usual drivel and you can actually write this hateful, salivating crap by just imagining Suzie's face.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Perhaps she can pontificate on Christian sponsored genocides, at least these are documented, incontrovertible and in need of human rights action to recognise them. Correctives can be discussed with a spirit of mutual accommodation.

Genocide fer sure.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

But that's the thing na. Christian-sponsored genocides are NOT denied. They are, in fact, written about profusely in an endless series of hand-wringing mea culpas; often, people like Genocide Suzie are hired by Western academic and media establishments to write such accounts.

The critical factor is: that's OK, because Jesus loves/has forgiven/died for the sins of the said Christian practitioners of genocide. This actually makes it OK for anyone to commit genocide as long as they accept Jesus. Even the few hapless survivors of a Christian-sponsored genocide can benefit from embracing Jesus, because He will teach them how to forgive those who slaughtered their benighted fellows.

This is very different from how accounts of genocide are handled in Islam (very amateurishly-- the original records glorify the mass-murderers as great exponents of Islam, while modern apologists tie themselves in knots denying that any Muslim could ever do such things). Or in Communism (where history itself is censored to remove any reactionary or inconvenient observations).
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

Thakur_B wrote:
chetak wrote:khujliwal raj

बिजली हाफ,

पानी माफ,

ऑक्सीजन साफ !
Yeah? How about non Kejriwal ruled states? I have received nothing but bad news about dear ones passing away since last few days. They weren't in Delhi alone, they were in MP, UP, Haryana, Bihar, Gujarat also. Some couldn't get their bloody reports in a week till their situation got worsened. Those who got reports couldn't get Blood Tests in time because labs ran out of reagents. And same thing with oxygen. Same with hospital beds. Those who are not covid positive have also died because hospitals didn't have a bed. Precious days were lost at each step running from pillar to post.

BJP IT cell is trying desperately to mock Kejru and UT for Delhi / Maharashtra Disaster. Yes their preparation was abysmal. So was Yogi's. So was Shivraj's. So was Khattar's. So was everybody's. And then there is blatantly shameless underreporting of deaths.

... snip
Thankur Saab, these testing times are taxing on all of us and our near and dear ones.
I think other than Ambar saar on BRF and maybe another poster i don't think anyone predicted the flu season as the second wave. in fact without the UK and South african variant in the country maybe we wouldn't have seen the second wave of this magnitude.
The earliest i heard of a corona virus wave was when half of bengal elections were done and media started focusing on this which was probably by April. Nobody batted an eyelid when Rahul Gandhi was jumping in the sea with the fisherman, Uddhav thackeray not bothered or even when the Farmer protests were going on. During farmer protests when the Khattar's govt in Haryana tried to prevent people in the name of covid they were criticized saying covid was gone and the Modi govt was scared of the farmers. That sorry excuse of the lawyer and BIF PIL petitioner Prashant Bhushan said that 37,500 crores in Nirmala Sitaraman's budjet earmarked for covid was a waste and could be used to provide MSP to all farmers.

My point is the wave took its sweet time and then exploded. the only thing that possibly could have been done is to get oxygen maybe a couple of weeks earlier and some of the deaths could have been avoided. But the Central govt has sanctioned amount to the state govt and it was the task of the state govts to follow up. They didn't and this ties into a post here in BRF that someone made about safety protocols. Safety in India is seen a hassle or at best something people remember when sh*it hits the fan so to speak as is the case now.
The state of Telangana didn't follow up on the oxygen because it needs trucks which each costs about 45lakhs each and you need to have them run round the clock and in multiple numbers to keep supplying hospitals in major cities and in far flung districts. why spend money when you think the economy is back in high gear and covid is on the wane.

Having said all this, there is a reason why Kejriwal is being asked/targeted here even though many other states have non BJP govt. Nobody is talking about Punjab, Rajasthan, kerala, telangana, Andhra, Orissa or Jharkhand. That is because after the outbreak the govt of respective states are trying to do something. Many or all of the non BJP states have placed the blame squarely at the Centre.

It is only Kejriwal who in this time of crisis has abdicated responsibility and is busy tweeting begging for oxygen and remdesivir. He has to co-ordinate with the hospitals and see the shortage and from where he could procure the oxygen and vaccines and in what time frame and if need be, take the help of railways or Airforce. but the bugger is busy tweeting and begging for other states to spare extra oxygen. this is not an administrator at work. he has setup like 1 out of the 8 required oxygen plants after the Centre gave the money for the same in december. do we need the Centre to come in and clean up the mess left by the states in addition to what they have on their plate

the sh*t has hit the fan so to speak, the other states busy politicking, are still trying to get things done. IIT educated and former bureaucrat has no idea to convene and get his Delhi state machinery to work. He has time to ensure the farmer protest people get water, electricity and food, but cannot procure what the people of delhi needs. He can live stream a meeting between the Pm and the state CM's and then have his Aapians abuse the PM, but after all that still can't get his act together.
This guy as the PM will lose his nerve at the first sign of distress be it against the Chinese or the Pakis, the american or russian pressures and the economic related decisions. it needs to be called out and repeatedly.
RajeevK
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RajeevK »

Kejriwal was busy supporting farmers protest right from the beginning (Dec 2020?) and AAP worker even went ahead and set up WiFi for the protesting farmers.
kejriwal farmer protest support
If you look at Delhi, I do not feel farmers will be affected in any case as most of them are happy to sell their land for commercial purpose. But Kejriwal has his eyes on the other states, so he was busy supporting farmers protest.
Even now, one day you will see him making a statement that Delhi has enough oxygen.
This is from 13th of April
No shortage of ICUs, beds and oxygen in Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal
A few days later he will just switch his statement blaming Centre for not providing enough Oxygen to Delhi.
This is from 19th of April
Oxygen Shortage An ‘Emergency’ In Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal

He even goes as far as leaking one sided video of Prime Minister's meeting with Chief Ministers.
BPSingh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by BPSingh »

regardless of the politics involved Sir, there is no need for this kind of language. It is certainly not warranted.
chetak wrote:and here it is, stated baldly by a house nigger and a soldout brown sepoy batting for the BIF

replaced by whom, ...........by pappus and pappis, vadras and little vadris crowding the line of succession like some 14th century eyetalian historical farce
Joshi: “It’s best to state this simply: Narendra Modi needs to go. Amit Shah needs to go. Ajay Mohan Bisht aka Yogi Adityanath needs to go. The bunch of integrity-free incompetents Mr Modi has gathered around him as his ministers all need to go.”
via@dhume

Breaking the thermometer
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Why not?

It's not as if such people are coming up with any real solution. The solution has always been mudi shud rejine.

Right from 2002.

This is not a government failure.

If you don't accept this point. No issues. Just look at the numbers of people complying with the law's of the land.

Then look in the mirror and say it is all Mudi's fault.

This is a country which runs out of beds in dengue season. Which is a seasonal disease. With a pandemic that has such a specific set of requirements for
hospital treatment. Hardly any surprises that this situation has emerged.

Over the last one year I have personally been called stupid, coward and alarmist for wearing mask in public and telling my own family members to cover their noses when being in public spaces.

No body listened. Now every Tom dick and harry blames Modi.

It is not a pleasant sight. I am not happy. But it's on the people who have allowed this to blow up.

Look in the mirror.

That is where the solution is. Accept responsibility for the health of own family and always act as if the guy in front of you is infected.

This will end in a month's time.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

What people like kejri did was malicious and intentional. Other states collapsing had lot to do with MH and DL like states allowing virus to simmer. At many other states, people from these states and farmers protests established the floor on steady infections. Come flu season and things blew up. Only way to stop it was by the people or by lockdowns. People having been used to surviving and getting on with their lives every year decided to do just that once more and the wave came. What's the morality rate differential between staying at home vs in hospital? Every run around increases the probability of new infection or higher amount of innoculation. Same thing with being in the present stressful hospital environment. Number counting can go in all directions and not just counting deaths. It would be irresponsible for any govt to start diverting resources to count right number of deaths instead of counting something that keeps one alive.

Unless someone comes with a smoking gun and says that I presented the data and still states didn't increase funding by hundreds of crores to prepare for the wave, it's not worth arguing.

One can certainly criticize for not incorporating lessons learned over months across the board but to say that tons of new hospitals and oxygen plants weren't ready.... Based on which crystal ball?
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Pratyush wrote:
That is where the solution is. Accept responsibility for the health of own family and always act as if the guy in front of you is infected.

This will end in a month's time.
Indians don't wear helmets and seat belt after repeated warning and challans, how do you expect them to wear masks or follow social distancing. Personal responsibility is a concept alien to most.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

This Indian people bashing is ridiculous. Phase 2 has hit all over the world and it was inevitable. Centre/States should have prepared for it.

But some of the activities were egregious - like Kumbh mela, election rallies and opening of theaters etc.

Don’t blame the public. They listened to the govt during the initial wave. They would have listened if guided with right importance and walk the talk by the leadership
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

We let this happen after getting incredibly lucky with the first wave where the impact of the infection was not severe on majority of the people. Yet we let this scale of spread happen for the second wave due to opening up too fast. Talk about self-goals - regardless of centre or state govt - the whole machinery failed the people.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

V_Raman wrote:But some of the activities were egregious - like Kumbh mela, election rallies and opening of theaters etc.
There have been multiple point of failures at central govt level & state level. For example in all the activities which you listed above, granting of permission was not with central government. Kumbh Mela could have been controlled by Utharakhand Govt. Election rallies etc could have been controlled by state election commissions and political parties them selves. Opening of theatres were also based on state level policies (with the main stream media always talking about loss of income and people suffering etc.).

What is happening now is a concentrated/targetted attack on one entity only; that is the Central Govt. Various people and media deliberately avoid talking about Constituition and role of state legislature and the parliament. That is because, it will make their job more tough. For example providing health care & managing public safety is purely in the domain of a state government. So in all the cases of vaccine non availability or oxygen unavailability it has to be the state legislature which has to be questioned.

As is the case in today's India; objectivity & truthfulness has all been kept aside as the agenda of seculars & liberals is toppling the elected government, India shaming with perhaps the attitude of 'Any thing is fair in love & war'. "Seculars & liberals" in India never wants an Indian to have self-pride or an attitude to get things done, even in adverse situations.
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

Where does personal responsibility fit in here ? Despite a message on the phone telling people to wear the mask, most people ignored it. Many of those who didn't wore it around their chins. My own parents started attending family get-togethers after they got vaccinated. No amount of trying to tell them worked. They promptly got infected 3 weeks ago - thankfully, nothing major, didn't need to get admitted and are okay but weak. There were so many birthday parties and weddings in Jan and Feb.

After a long period of being alert, people let their guard down. Everyone thought it was under control. Hindsight now shows it wasn't.
Govt is roasted if they lockdown, they get roasted if they don't and trust people to have some self-discipline.

Many people I know that have gotten Covid are the first to admit they didn't follow the protocols. If at all there is anger, it is at not finding hospital beds.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

^^^^ in a country where bed's are not available during peak of dengue season. People are angry with bed's not being available during the beginning of second wave of covid.

How clueless people have to be??
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

By the way, what is the latest update on India getting foreign AID and help? There is a news in main stream media that India is now willing to take AID from foreign countries including China (with a side tone that India & Modi had to keep aside egos and take the help).
ritesh
BRFite

Post by ritesh »

V_Raman wrote:We let this happen after getting incredibly lucky with the first wave where the impact of the infection was not severe on majority of the people. Yet we let this scale of spread happen for the second wave due to opening up too fast. Talk about self-goals - regardless of centre or state govt - the whole machinery failed the people.
Incredibly lucky??

Saar, As of Mar21 150k ppl had lost their lives... What about those? Just bcoz in this wave Apr21 onwards the things have evolved rapidly that doesnt mean nothing happened earlier. Pls contemplate on this fact as well.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Public can't walk away from the personal decision making and accountability of taking risk. Period. Many people who are dead now in last few weeks had come to that realization. I don't understand the alive people arguing that the govt failed them. Most didn't care and made a decision to live with it like another dengue, malaria, chicken gunia, etc. Just didn't work out. Guidelines were there and so is plenty of information. Govt doesn't tell many to cover up due to sun but many in India do as looking good is important to them. Similarly covering face due to air pollution.

Govt definitely had failures but that's the baseline for most part for decades if not for centuries. Indian public has made the decisions already accounting for it in daily lives. Newborn kid in India knows that it's literally impossible by villagers to punish UPSC Nazis.

Personal risk rewards come in play. I'm in US and vaccinated. However, I am still in same mode as last year this time. All masked up and follow decontamination protocols. My personal decision is to minimize the risk. Many of my contacts that died in last few weeks had a different take and wanted to live normal without worrying everytime they did something. They regretted that decision later. Not because they were dying but due to all the mayhem that they caused and contributing to other people's death.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Yes the public is stupid. All state and central govts know that. But this time unlike last year, they failed to anticipate and act.

The lure of winning elections, getting economy going again, letting public attend cricket matches and kumbh, marriage season, socialise in ramzan dinners until 9 PM etc etc in short getting back to normal was too hard to resist. Everyone danced down the track to karma's covid googly and got stumped.

Only the media and oppositions dont have responibility or accountability. Elected govts and their machinery do.

The focus now should only be on how to stop this wave first, and getting everyone vaccinated next.

I see we are reversing the order - that wont work due to vaccine supply constraints. Many more thousands will perish.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Sachin wrote:
V_Raman wrote:But some of the activities were egregious - like Kumbh mela, election rallies and opening of theaters etc.
There have been multiple point of failures at central govt level & state level. For example in all the activities which you listed above, granting of permission was not with central government. Kumbh Mela could have been controlled by Utharakhand Govt. Election rallies etc could have been controlled by state election commissions and political parties them selves. Opening of theatres were also based on state level policies (with the main stream media always talking about loss of income and people suffering etc.).

What is happening now is a concentrated/targetted attack on one entity only; that is the Central Govt. Various people and media deliberately avoid talking about Constituition and role of state legislature and the parliament. That is because, it will make their job more tough. For example providing health care & managing public safety is purely in the domain of a state government. So in all the cases of vaccine non availability or oxygen unavailability it has to be the state legislature which has to be questioned.

As is the case in today's India; objectivity & truthfulness has all been kept aside as the agenda of seculars & liberals is toppling the elected government, India shaming with perhaps the attitude of 'Any thing is fair in love & war'. "Seculars & liberals" in India never wants an Indian to have self-pride or an attitude to get things done, even in adverse situations.
Centre requested EC for digital/online campaign . 9 parties including DMK and TMC refused.
UP - Yogi asked postponement of panchayat elections - was refused by courts. estimated that 150 poll officers have died.

The courts let Shaheen Bagh / farmer protests to fester . UK strains prevalent in punjab and source traced to Khalistani gangs from white Pakiland. Criminal negligence from the courts.

----
Also please please dont follow LIve Law and what Chandrachud observed today. Only he can bring caste, equality, right to health , tax, profits, distribution in a discussion on vaccines. Looks like he has anointed himself as a new messiah. I really dont think he understands what transgression into executive/legislative domain means. How he becomes a judge in SC I dont know ...he is paid transport, housing TADA etc from my tax money. I have a right to question him if he has the right to question the elected arm of the democracy. He serves me indirectly via the legislative....can someone let him know please.
Kaivalya
BRFite

Post by Kaivalya »

ritesh wrote:
V_Raman wrote:We let this happen after getting incredibly lucky with the first wave where the impact of the infection was not severe on majority of the people. Yet we let this scale of spread happen for the second wave due to opening up too fast. Talk about self-goals - regardless of centre or state govt - the whole machinery failed the people.
Incredibly lucky??

Saar, As of Mar21 150k ppl had lost their lives... What about those? Just bcoz in this wave Apr21 onwards the things have evolved rapidly that doesnt mean nothing happened earlier. Pls contemplate on this fact as well.
Riteshji - we are still incredibly lucky. We cant have so much of short term memory. Govt lock down helped even though economy was affected. Contact tracing, protocols, equipment manufacturing etc were ramped up just like we are dealing with oxygen supply now. We had 2 vaccine productions ramped up - even helped other countries before the second wave

Now is the time to be calm and fight through the issues at hand. Here is the mortality rate by country/100k population

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

I just heard a loss of a family friend. But it is not time for finger pointing or self flagellation.