2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by KLNMurthy »

@Abhi_G lot of very good points.

I’d say the key for democratic participation for Hindus—who, as you say, have lives to run as individuals—is effective organization. This is how real work gets done, by productively harnessing and leveraging whatever time & money individuals can spare, and moving forward to the goal in a systematic way.

I don’t like to go along with a “we are like this onlee, what to do” kind of lament. But from what I can see, activist Hindus are very much stuck in a mindset that there are only 2 ways to get anything done politically: either the individual burns himself out for the cause by heroic and inhuman levels of sacrifice, or the government (or maybe established institutions like RSS) somehow will act according to the individual’s desires and get the desired result.

Both these alternatives will only result in frustration and a feeling of not having control over anything. Effective political organizing won’t make the feeling go away or make everything easy, but does provide a way to pay a price in time, energy, and money and get something for it. Organization is the way ashraf Muslims, Christian evangelicals, communists, etc. get results without feeling that they have to completely give up everything (some of them do give up a lot, but the majority of them participate at a sustainable level).
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

@Cyrano and others.

I understand the level of frustration and anger at GoI inaction.

There are political realities & constraints that top government leaders like Modi have to work with in a democracy.

Joob of the activist looking for change is to generate a mass momentum for making that change.

Supposedly, Martin Luther King met Lyndon Johnson before the Civil Rights law was passed. MLK asked LBJ to pass a civil rights law. Previous to that, he had also met JFK for the purpose and JFK told him to have patience since politically, his (JFK’s) hands are tied.

This time, LBJ told MLK that MLK has to raise the mass movement to such a level that it would be impossible for him (LBJ) to not pass civil rights law.

MLK raised the level of mass protests, causing white southern backlash with church bombings, police brutality etc. which was shown on TV, building a public revulsion of the segregation system. Civil Rights was passed, even though LBJ and Democratic Party paid a political price.

Lesson for is that even powerful political leaders need a mass movement behind them to bring about change.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

That's a very creative "milk must boil over before stove can be switched off" explanation. I was expecting a Shishupala defense, but you surprised me nicely saar :)
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Cyrano wrote:That's a very creative "milk must boil over before stove can be switched off" explanation. I was expecting a Shishupala defense, but you surprised me nicely saar :)
(I truly love the way you bring in Telugu & Indic metaphor into the conversation.)

It is only my observation of how politics works and how change is brought about. I could be wrong in my observations or the conclusions I derive from them.

I have been wrong before, about Modi prior to 2013, when I used to think he was nothing but a crude & disruptive force. Maybe I am wrong again, and there is a path (other than some kind of Hindu political entrepreneurship supported by a mass movement) that will save India. Nothing will delight me more.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... IIndiaNews SC to hear petition on UP bulldozer justice tomorrow. Jamat e ulema, dozen other muslim orgs and ex judges have written to the SC CJI
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

they find a way to get the SC to open doors very quickly. how come no SC judge took suo moto notice how a shiv ling - centuries/millenia old, revered by a billion people - was used as a wazu khana and nothing happened?
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

KLNM saar, thank you. "Cyrano khush huaa ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ". Our languages and culture offer so many gems its a pleasure to use them and delight others.

Was having an exchange with a group of friends recently, and was quite surprised how intolerant of the slightest criticism and incapable of self examination some BJP supporters are. For them, NaMo can do nothing wrong, and anyone who criticises anything about this Govt is anti India, anti Hindu and anti Dharma.

My take away is that actually, they too see the popular mood changing are so nervous about it and perhaps helpless to say or do anything about it, that they are in total denial and start viciously attacking anyone who criticises. Now thats a worrisome sign for 2024.

Made me wonder how this party and those in the Govt actually function. The bane of every leader in power is he gets inevitably surrounded by a handful of advisors/coterie and at some point stops seeing things for himself and loses touch with ground reality. If you add a strong personality cult to the mix, you start getting incomprehensible reactions, and degenerate behaviour. Hope they realise this and set their house in order.
Kaivalya
BRFite

Post by Kaivalya »

bharathp wrote:they find a way to get the SC to open doors very quickly. how come no SC judge took suo moto notice how a shiv ling - centuries/millenia old, revered by a billion people - was used as a wazu khana and nothing happened?
Our institutions like MSM, hizzoners, education, politicians, movie industry, sports , or other industry have all been languishing or purposefully infected for a long time. They can be quickly activated during a BIF mission : for example a few "retired hizzoners" wrote to the CJI about constitutional rights of rioters...but no hizzoner is worried about a 12 year old jailed for a facebook post.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

^^^ Cyrano-ji, That is a problem all around Indians (IMO), We were not taught the art of debating in India during our formative years. Despite having Sri Adi Shankara the greatest debater ever. During school years, We must be-taught to have professional/robust exchange of opinion yet not degenerate into emotional exchanges or worse violence. I find myself loosing arguments to my son who as a very good debater during his high school years.
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

you want to learn how to debate? there is no argument that can win nupur ji back because no one bothers about the arguments
in a cricket match between devas and asuras, the devas were confident to win cos all best players belonged to them, but the asuras were grinning because they had all the umpires
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Thats a pity, we are the land of Tarka and Mimamsa way before the Greeks got into it. I got a few tidbits from my grandfather but never really studied them. Some day....
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Cyrano wrote:KLNM saar, thank you. "Cyrano khush huaa ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ". Our languages and culture offer so many gems its a pleasure to use them and delight others.

Was having an exchange with a group of friends recently, and was quite surprised how intolerant of the slightest criticism and incapable of self examination some BJP supporters are. For them, NaMo can do nothing wrong, and anyone who criticises anything about this Govt is anti India, anti Hindu and anti Dharma.

My take away is that actually, they too see the popular mood changing are so nervous about it and perhaps helpless to say or do anything about it, that they are in total denial and start viciously attacking anyone who criticises. Now thats a worrisome sign for 2024.

Made me wonder how this party and those in the Govt actually function. The bane of every leader in power is he gets inevitably surrounded by a handful of advisors/coterie and at some point stops seeing things for himself and loses touch with ground reality. If you add a strong personality cult to the mix, you start getting incomprehensible reactions, and degenerate behaviour. Hope they realise this and set their house in order.
Don’t know the age range of your friends. But…

My perspective is that the young Hindu today is in the position of someone who has woken up from a long sleep and is slowly getting to know the nature of the world and his position in it, as a Hindu.

A lot of that new awareness is shocking to his young mind. Modi is a refreshing positive force and offers a powerful anchor for them in this new world of awareness they find themselves in. So naturally, they will react badly to anything they see as an attempt to undermine that anchor.

As an oldie I have the advantage of both feeling happy at Modi bringing a positive element to India after a long time, and also realizing that no one can be perfect and it is always possible that leaders will disappoint us, and accepting that disappointment and moving on.

I think this is different for young(er) people.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

KLNMurthy wrote:
Article 356 exists for the purpose of central intervention when a state is not able to maintain law & order.

Similarly Emergency provisions of the constitution are there for defending the country against external and internal threats.

Congress wrecked both these tools by abusing them for partisan political purposes. BJP is terrified of even thinking of using them.
Article 356 carries a lot of baggage, and also political liability in that the dismissed state government can play victim and campaign on regionalist grievance among its state electorate. That's why I suggested something completely different here:

viewtopic.php?p=2553753#p2553753

This would be applicable as a one-off emergency response when evidence is furnished that the State L&O machinery is failing in a given instance. Evidence like this is easy to establish in the smartphone era.

Any citizen(s) of the state in question could appeal to the central government to intervene in the ongoing L&O crisis, with some supporting evidence. The center would convene an emergency court, similar to TADA/UAPA courts, that would authorize action within a matter of hours. CAPFs would then be deployed to the crisis-stricken area of the state with full authority to restore L&O, regardless of what the state government wishes. Once order was restored, the CAPFs would depart, and the state government would remain in power... so it's very different from Article 356, in which the state government is dismissed and President's Rule applied.

We actually saw this occur during the Mumbai riots of January 1993. The state government failed to respond adequately using local police. Sharad Pawar, then the defence minister, sent the army. In that case, both the state and the central governments were INC, so there was no argument. But a law like this would make it possible for the center to intervene directly, to preserve life and property, even in states with a hostile government like West Bengal or Punjab currently have.

Without this, the states with hostile governments are effectively independent fiefdoms where the law enforcement machinery can be abused in any which way, and the citizens have no recourse other than waiting for the next election. This is clearly insufficient in a life-threatening breakdown of law and order. The central government also has a duty to protect all its citizens.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

madhu wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote: In the present case, Nupur Sharma & Jindal spoke in such a way as to undermine both the party’s stated position as well as basic governance. The high command could have, and should have, taken immediate action against them. By waiting till we are threatened by Muslim countries, they are sending a doubly damaging message: 1. We are not sincere about our commitment to respecting all religions, hence all the noise about GoI being Hundu-fascist is justified and 2. We are weak and give in the moment someone pushes back seriously.
Rudradev wrote: The timeline of events in this case is not that straightforward. According to Abhijit Iyer Mitra, the suspension of Nupur Sharma by BJP came a day BEFORE the first of the OIC nations-- Muslim Brotherhood HQ Qatar-- lodged its official protest.
hello KLNM, let me extend the argument of Rudradev. i have already given the time line. let me state it for the last time what i think and you can counter if i have not understood please correct me.

*] on may 15, 2022 India banned wheat export. (point to be noted to which i come later)

*] on May 26 2022 NS made the remark on times now channel.

*] on 11:31 AM · May 27, 2022 Mohammed Zubair shared video clip of her comments. it went viral

*] 9:57 PM · May 27, 2022 NS tweets zoo_bear is vitiate the atmosphere, cause communal disharmony & cause communal & targeted hatred against me & my family

*] May 28, 2022 Times Now deleted the video of the program from its YouTube channel the following day.

*] May 30, 2022 she was again on timesnow. don't know when it was recorded but as per twitter it is on this day.

*] 12:12 PM · May 31, 2022 NS in an interview to opindiatells that she is happy that HM office was in contact with her but her colleagues did not support her openly. but i doubt PMO which she says. she could have included to give respect is my guess.

*] Jun 5, 2022 there was small scale riots on the same day PM, CM and president were in in Kanpur Dehat (rural) for an official function in the native village of the President.

*] 3:54 PM · Jun 5, 2022, she was removed form party.. Party general secretary Arun Singh in a stated that the party is strongly against any ideology which insults or demeans any sect or religion. The BJP does not promote such people or philosophy. meaning NS insulted Mo but in reality she stated Bukari 5133. pinning all the blame which she did not do just to save the image of our hindu hrudaya samrat.

*] 8:13 PM · Jun 5, 2022 Qatar summons Indian envoy over controversial remarks of Nupur Sharma against Prophet. and hands him the note.

*] June 8- 9, 2022, Delhi Police register case against journalist Saba Naqvi, Nupur Sharma, Naveen Kumar Jindal and others

now coming to your point. lets say Modi took action against NS only after waiting till Muslim countries threatened, then lets see what Qatar statement was
The State of Qatar welcomed the statement issued by the ruling party in India in which it announced the suspension of the party's official from practicing his activities in the party due to his remarks that angered all Muslims around the world
my question is how did Qatar knew that BJP will suspend NS? have they penetrated so deep into the party level?

lets say BJP took the decision and did not announce but told the ambassador about the suspension. then have they not thought out what if they are not happy and demand more? what will be their answer, have they not think through it? offCorse they did not. this is clear from the statement
Noting that the State of Qatar is expecting a public apology and immediate condemnation of these remarks from the Government of India
this time line, your argument do not match.

now coming to why Qatar summoned the ambassador. it could be that it wanted to bargain on wheat as it was afraid that they will give middle figure to them just like what they did to EU and US. more over India bans exports of wheat, citing threat to its food security on May 15 itself but it succeed in getting assurance of its food security from India..

now the question to you is how come Qatar now happy with India without public apology ? why did they took 2 days to file case on nupur and others as a monkey balance?
thanks to Rudradev Saar, Murthy Garu and Madhu Ji for putting this timeline. people venting out should go through this as well before they keep venting constantly and calling everyone under the sun, names.
In our country we call into question the actions of gods associated with dharma, The BJP is in effect a party run by mere mortals who have their own failings/shortcomings and this is considering worst case scenario that they threw NS under the bus.
Things will get clearer over time. Looks like the official US govt stance is to praise the Modi govt while its associated branches and cats paw like MB and Qatar and USCIRF and other motley crew pile on the govt.
Last edited by venkat_kv on 16 Jun 2022 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

krithivas wrote: We were not taught the art of debating in India during our formative years. Despite having Sri Adi Shankara the greatest debater ever. During school years, We must be-taught to have professional/robust exchange of opinion yet not degenerate into emotional exchanges or worse violence. I find myself loosing arguments to my son who as a very good debater during his high school years.
Correct. I am writing a book on Patanjali' Yoga Sutra which includes Indian Philosophy (I might add is way too advanced than what is there currently in the world). Debating in India is not the style as practiced in Oxford/Cambridge which is to put each other down. Instead it is way to respectfully argue and accept each others viewpoints to amalgamate the whole picture.

Here are some texts from my book:

In philosophical context, Nyaya encompasses propriety, logic and method. Nyaya is related to several other concepts:

Hetu-vidya (science of causes),
Anviksiki (science of inquiry, systematic philosophy),
Pramana-sastra (epistemology, science of correct knowledge),
Tattva-sastra (science of categories),
Tarka-vidya (science of reasoning, innovation, synthesis),
Vadartha (science of discussion) and
Phakkika-sastra (science of uncovering sophism, fraud, error, finding fakes)

Panchavayavi Vakya contains:

a) Pratidnya (Proposition)
b) Hetu (Reason or Cause)
c) Udaharana (Example)
d) Upanaya (Justification)
e) Nigamana (Conclusion)

The scriptures give a technical definition to pramana. There are five conditions for a thing to be a pramana:

1) It has to produce knowledge.
2) It has to produce a new knowledge.
3) It has to produce uncontradicted knowledge.
4) It has to produce a doubtless knowledge.
5) It has to produce a useful knowledge.

anadhigata, abAdhita asandigdha phalavat jnAna janakam pramanam

Anumana Pramana is the act of inferring

a) Inference of the cause from the effect -relates to past (retrospective study)
b) Inference of the effect from the cause – relates to future (prospective study design)
c) The commonly observed events at present (Time prevalence study).

Vedic sages refined Anupalabdi to four types, non-perception of the cause:

karana-anupalabdhi - non-perception of the effect,
vyapaka-anupalabdhi - non-perception of object,
svabhava-anupalabdhi - non-perception of contradiction.
viruddha-anupalabdhi

The cause must be antecedent [Purvavrtti]; Invariability [Niyatapurvavrtti]; Unconditionality [Ananyathasiddha]
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Fantastic Bala ji !
I'd be grateful to buy a copy and read it when ready. Let us know when you publish it
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

Rudradev wrote:These measures are all fine but they are going after the symptoms, not the cause.

The fact is: to organize and incite these riots, Maulvis are a key node between the inputs (financiers, politicians) and the output (rioters). Financiers and politicians are hopefully being pursued in their own ways, through ED, FCRA etc. Rioters get injured, killed, or have their property demolished.

But what about going directly after the Maulvis who involve themselves in this activity? France has a well-established programme of monitoring EVERY mosque. Any Maulvi who says anything controversial in any sermon is picked up for questioning-- if he turns out to be a foreign citizen, he is immediately deported.

Maulvis need to learn, in no uncertain terms, that freedom of religion will not protect them from anti-national activities. We never hear their names (except for really major players like Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid, etc). But they are individual persons, no? They have families, property, organic receptacles for bamboos, etc like everyone else.

Yes, they will try to create a big fuss the first 2-3 times law enforcement goes after a Maulvi. But what more are they going to do than what they have already done? They have already abused what power they have to incite riots and fight with police, so what is the disincentive against going after them directly?

Why not make them directly, viscerally afraid of the consequences of what they say in a Friday (or any other day) sermon?
What is have raised is a very valid point that has been debated for a long time in this forum and elsewhere, but so far there has been no news that the mullah, maulana and maulvi class has instigated. maybe the govt knows and so do the mullahs, but it has to reach the mainstream consciousness before the got can openly take action i feel. the govt is being attacked for demolishing illegal structures with the rioters being called as "protestors" a la J&K. Can only imagine when a poor mullah, maulana is arrested by the big bad fascist yindu govt for speaking truth to power or whatevr fantasy they are smoking for that day.

If you see nowhere have the rioters who are arrested have said (atleast its not in open source news media that they were instigated by the mullahs). Until that happens we won't see any action on them. With the friday chest puffing and contribution of stones for building houses by the momeens people on sm should start a petition to have supervision in mosques as to what is being said in sermons and to the people. That will set the cat among the pigeons.
That would be more productive than venting on the BJP for taking action on NS or having motley crew parade about how pussilanimous the current govt is.

Use each and every opportunity to drive home your point like how the BIF behaves.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Abhi_G
BRFite

Post by Abhi_G »

Dear BRF-ites,
Can you tweet about the girl from Murshidabad to Suvendu Adhikari and Amit Shah, please? I did just now.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

vimal wrote:
The govt doesn't want to use force and I am all for that. it doesn't take long for a violent reaction and counter reaction to occur when the BIF are looking for martyrs to spread their lies.
venkat_kv, so your solution is basically to do nothing and be the next Gandhi, taking slaps after slaps. Law and order is state subject but central government has the necessary apparatus to deal with primary nodes of BiFs and shut them down. You don't need to shutdown every two bit rioters but the key elements like mullahs, zoobear and his buddy prateek sinha. Similarly shutting down PiF and Mullahs should be an easy task along with blocking SM sites and specific handles that are constantly peddling lies. Asking for rule of law is too much now. Incredibly defeatist attitude.
No Vimal Saar,
I am not advocating for turning the other cheek, but tightening the screws other than getting down to street violence. Some of it done by govt and some of it done by dharmics.
I only have a proposal - some of it from abhishek tiwary who claimed to have done it in Bihar during the anti caa protests. The govt can go after the NGO funding (which mind you they have already done after the CAA protests - a little known tweak that only 10% of the money can be used for office expenses and the rest must be disbursed only for the work it was intended - no monkey business of transferring from one NGO to an other through a maze and routing the funding as was done earlier).
The dharmics or more specifically orgs like Sree Ram Sena can sit in the nodes and protest on the outer periphery of the sheen baghs "peacefully" and stop the supply of biryanis and cash. this protests by dharmics should always be on the nodes of supply lines to the anti caa protestors.
anyone can go to court and the lawyer should also point out that people are protesting peacefully though it will still depend on the judge in the court who decides what is constitutional and not.

If there is any violence and large scale rioting then only the state should use its veto on violence. I atleast feel that clamp down must be before any large number gather (as was done for congress supporters during yuvarajs ED visit) or at the very end when the protest turn violent especially the farmer protest or the shaheenbagh protest that turned violent.

Many people surely think zoo bear and altnews prateek sinha or ayyub are small fry, but apparently they are not. their tweets being amplified by certain organizations outside India shows who is supporting them. Rana and also Harsh Mandar were allowed to fly outside and stay outside the country and the cases in Supreme have not made any progress. The govt doesn't want to file suo moto cases on them (this is debatable) but certainly no body is stopping hindu organizations or individuals from filing cases. the govt will atleast allow that unlike the earlier dispensation of UPA and other seculars would not even allow filing of the respective cases lest shantidoots be offended.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

From Shefali Vaidya on the Nupur Sharma issue:

https://swarajyamag.com/ideas/lessons-f ... ma-episode
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

Rudradev wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote:
Article 356 exists for the purpose of central intervention when a state is not able to maintain law & order.

Similarly Emergency provisions of the constitution are there for defending the country against external and internal threats.

Congress wrecked both these tools by abusing them for partisan political purposes. BJP is terrified of even thinking of using them.
Article 356 carries a lot of baggage, and also political liability in that the dismissed state government can play victim and campaign on regionalist grievance among its state electorate. That's why I suggested something completely different here:

viewtopic.php?p=2553753#p2553753

This would be applicable as a one-off emergency response when evidence is furnished that the State L&O machinery is failing in a given instance. Evidence like this is easy to establish in the smartphone era.
We actually saw this occur during the Mumbai riots of January 1993. The state government failed to respond adequately using local police. Sharad Pawar, then the defence minister, sent the army. In that case, both the state and the central governments were INC, so there was no argument. But a law like this would make it possible for the center to intervene directly, to preserve life and property, even in states with a hostile government like West Bengal or Punjab currently have.

Without this, the states with hostile governments are effectively independent fiefdoms where the law enforcement machinery can be abused in any which way, and the citizens have no recourse other than waiting for the next election. This is clearly insufficient in a life-threatening breakdown of law and order. The central government also has a duty to protect all its citizens.
Rudradev Saar,
I would like to play devils advocate in this case. Sharad Pawars example is a non starter as it was the congress that sent in army to control riots to one of their states. Here what you are suggesting is not the same. it will 99% be implemented with different parties in Centre and State.
1. The first issue that will be raised will be "co-operative federalism" and the Centre is running roughshod on states rights.
2. How will the milords interpret this. Milords who say that tukde tukde slogans are freedom of expression. This same setup had suspended farm laws passed by the Parliament.
3. How will a non BJP govt in Centre use this law on say Himanta or Yogi in UP when the bulldozers are in full swing. Will they deploy the special forces in shantidooth areas to protect them after riots and bolster their support?
4. What about a scenario where say if a TMC cadre are shot during violence then what is stopping TMC govt from filing police cases against the central forces for the same (as are filed against the army in border areas for which they later brought in AFSPA) and also campaigning with the dead bodies who will mostly be either bhadralok or momeens and bring in more regionalism.
5. And how will your suggestion help in say a sub threshold war that we are seeing today where the incidents are too samll in number to warrant a large scale response but over the year(s) will add up to substantial number. kairana like incidents are a good example of this.

I don't intend to discourage your line of thought saar, infact it is a good example of what additional things can be done, but maybe when i put in a little thought into it these are what i could come up with quickly as potential problems. Hope you expand more on this for solutions.
Kaivalya
BRFite

Post by Kaivalya »

For everyone who saw NSji incident, CAA shaheenbagh, hijab school drama, bulldozer vs SC, Rohingya , BIF as separate incidents here is the "civilizational fight", here is what an activated BIF writes :

https://www.ndtv.com/opinion/perils-of- ... te-3068738

First, there is an all-round eagerness in India to deport Muslim Rohingya refugees, who are perceived as a national security threat, to Myanmar. The Supreme Court in the Mohammad Salimullah vs Union Of India ruled in favour of such deportation
According to this guy's nonsense - customary international law demands we should not deport :rotfl:
Second, we see a growing trend of using State bulldozers to demolish the houses of Muslims as a kind of collective punishment for alleged rioting or other such acts without following the due process of law

Photos of stone pelting, sword wielding, wa goading, shooting , street roaming are all part of evening chai biskoot activity - why is the state discriminating only :eek:
Third, the Citizenship Amendment Act which aims to give Indian nationality to non-Muslim illegal migrants
This is potentially possibly maybe violates non discrimination principle only
Fourth, multiple states have enacted laws to prohibit 'forceful' religious conversions including by marriage
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/BattaKashmiri/statu ... 0Vbb7KqYMA

Dara hua guys tell they will get to NS one day or other on TV
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Ditto in almost every city in India

@TarekFatah

Not a single Muslim among hundreds of organ donors in Hyderabad, India. This despite the fact 39 Muslims were listed as organ recipients.

Must be a Jewish Conspiracy.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 608829.cms
Last edited by chetak on 16 Jun 2022 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Cyrano wrote:That's a very creative "milk must boil over before stove can be switched off" explanation. I was expecting a Shishupala defense, but you surprised me nicely saar :)
same thing happened with AP bifurcation. it is yet to be seen whether it was good or bad for the two states as well as for the RoI.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Have you all noticed something?

If you monitor Western mainstream media, you can hardly have missed it.

After CAA/Shaheen Bagh, Agro-Pimp Protests, etc... there was a plethora of propaganda pieces across NPR, NY Times, WaPo, etc. which distorted (and often fabricated) facts to create a narrative of "persecuted minorities" and "oppressed farmers" in "fascist Modi's Hindu Nationalist India", etc. Almost invariably, the tone and content of these propaganda pieces would take their cue from BBC, which would take its cue from Muslim Brotherhood's mouthpiece Al Jazeera.

But in the Nupur Sharma case? Nothing. Dead silence in the Western mainstream media.

The risk is too great. If they lead with a sob story of Muslim oppression because of an "Islamophobic" statement by "Hindu Nationalist BJP's fascist spokesperson", the first thing that will come to the minds of leaders, listeners, and watchers is "what did she say?"

And that's not a question they want anybody in the West asking.
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

^^^ BIF has found the only way to make Modi govt Bend. Street anarchy + media ( foreign and domestic) + one of the pillars of democracy

Time and again they have struck using this formula and the govt has no answer ( to be fair … not much can be done abt the pillar)
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rudradev wrote:Have you all noticed something?

If you monitor Western mainstream media, you can hardly have missed it.

After CAA/Shaheen Bagh, Agro-Pimp Protests, etc... there was a plethora of propaganda pieces across NPR, NY Times, WaPo, etc. which distorted (and often fabricated) facts to create a narrative of "persecuted minorities" and "oppressed farmers" in "fascist Modi's Hindu Nationalist India", etc. Almost invariably, the tone and content of these propaganda pieces would take their cue from BBC, which would take its cue from Muslim Brotherhood's mouthpiece Al Jazeera.

But in the Nupur Sharma case? Nothing. Dead silence in the Western mainstream media.

The risk is too great. If they lead with a sob story of Muslim oppression because of an "Islamophobic" statement by "Hindu Nationalist BJP's fascist spokesperson", the first thing that will come to the minds of leaders, listeners, and watchers is "what did she say?"

Rudradev ji

That's very insightful

I am not on any SM except WA, but I think that it should be out on the SM.

or is it maybe, also a case of people and glass houses.... that's staying their gora hand

just saying onlee
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

In the MSM, certain minorities do not murder free speaking Hindus , there cannot be love jihad in India, Hindu men can marry minority women and retain their Hindu religion.

It’s hardly ambiguous. The agenda is transparent. The only question is why?
Kaivalya
BRFite

Post by Kaivalya »

Rudradev wrote:Have you all noticed something?

If you monitor ...

"what did she say?"

Sorry RDji it is worse than that - here is a sample obfuscation:

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/08/11037850 ... s-on-islam

In this case, it is purposefully ignored and reinforced/drowned by standard right wing hindu bashing
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

sanjaykumar wrote:In the MSM, certain minorities do not murder free speaking Hindus , there cannot be love jihad in India, Hindu men can marry minority women and retain their Hindu religion.

It’s hardly ambiguous. The agenda is transparent. The only question is why?
viewtopic.php?p=2553773#p2553773
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I am willing to concede this is a powerful leverage against India.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

@AP · 13 Jun
Retired U.S. Marine Corps Gen. John Allen, president of the Brookings Institution, has resigned amid a federal investigation into whether he illegally lobbied on behalf of the wealthy Persian Gulf nation of Qatar.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

dravidians

Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

People who torched trains, vandalised offices displayed the exact opposite ethos required by an institution like army. I'd the idea of using indelible ink and blacklist them people for recruitment in any law & order agency.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Zynda wrote:People who torched trains, vandalised offices displayed the exact opposite ethos required by an institution like army. I'd the idea of using indelible ink and blacklist them people for recruitment in any law & order agency.
Such people are Rioters for hire, they are paid to burn and burn, it is anti BJP anti Modi, it's not the issue but for media publicity and setting the narrative. From Shaheen Bagh to Delhi riots, Dakait so called farmer protests, Rama navami riots.

It has nothing to with the issue.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

KLNM
Johnson also passed the Civil Rights laws as he needed to get upper hand on FSU wrt human rights. Without Civil Rights US could hardly censure FSU.
Take that factor into consideration please.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Rumours about Train torching not allowed to be captured on video by rioters in Bihar!!
Paid actors or Shanthidhoots??? indulging in these riots as they dont want to draw attention on NS and backlash against Is
Also was it not one the opposition party commented on : People join Army to die.
Now the same idiots want Army jobs!!