India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Avid
BRFite

Re: India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

Post by Avid »

Canada claims it has communications.
Begs the question that if it has communications that implicate a diplomat, then why did they call it credible allegations not evidence?
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sikh-n ... -1.6974607
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

TORONTO -- The allegation of India’s involvement in the killing of a Sikh Canadian is based on surveillance of Indian diplomats in Canada, including intelligence provided by a major ally, a Canadian official familiar with the matter told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The official said the communications involved Indian officials and Indian diplomats in Canada and that some of the intelligence was provided by a member of the “Five Eyes” intelligence-sharing alliance, which in addition to Canada includes the U.S., Britain, Australia and New Zealand.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly, did not say which ally provided intelligence or give specific details of what was contained in the communications or how they were obtained.
https://abcnews.go.com/International/wi ... -103370607
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

US President Joe Biden and other western leaders expressed concern to Narendra Modi, India’s prime minister, about Canadian claims that New Delhi was involved in the murder of a Sikh activist in Canada when they met the Indian leader at the G20 this month.

Three people familiar with the discussions at the G20 summit said several members of the Five Eyes — an intelligence-sharing network that includes the US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand — raised the killing of Hardeep Singh Nijjar with Modi. One said Biden felt it was important to raise the issue directly with his Indian counterpart.
The leaders intervened at the G20 summit after Canada urged its allies to raise the case directly with Modi, said two people familiar with the situation, who added Ottawa asked them to mention the claims in private.
https://www.ft.com/content/54721d57-fe1 ... 64f110770b
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

brvarsh wrote: 22 Sep 2023 04:39 Now it seems US has started singing the same tune as Canada, suggesting India about their principles they believe in, unfortunately never practice. What I am afraid of is this exposure of their tacit support to Khalistani movement from their soil to apparent arm twist India at their will does not push India, that has taken several steps towards forgetting the past, is compelled again to form an alliance detrimental to the American interest.
The US statement is standard stuff. Even MEA said, if there is credible evidence they''ll take a look. So no need to worry about that. I think what Canada did not expect was the Indian reaction to it. They thought Indian action would be mild. My expectation was kind of the same. This kind of reaction usually happens with the Pakis, but even with Pakis we never stopped Visa processing. So Canada really provoked our MEA folks and as usual, Modi has given the free hand to respond.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

I think the Canadians want us to think US gave them the intel. The friendly country that gave Trudeau the mp3 files must be China considering how friendly he is to chinese police stations inside Canada and how he let PLA do cold weather training in the tundra
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

If there is evidence of a RAW hand in the assassination, what would be in it? Would we be so careless as to take names? It must be in some code and who ever intercepted it must be able to decipher it.
Canada is 'leaking' information that they have credible intelligence and the western media is doing its job of convincing the world about it.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

A_Gupta wrote: 22 Sep 2023 05:23
... elligence or give specific details of what was contained in the communications or how they were obtained.
How credible is abcnews? ft.com? Are you saying that we should take reports in the US MSM to be "credible evidence" of R&AW involvement? I am seriously doubting your intentions now, sir @A_gupta ji. You seem to be hinting that R&AW did carry out these hits.

Any evidence other than some bozo journo quoting unnamed sources who wanted to be anonymous?!!!
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 22 Sep 2023 07:42, edited 1 time in total.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Vayutuvan wrote: 22 Sep 2023 06:49
How credible is abcnews? ft.com? Are you saying that we should take reports in the US MSM to be "credible evidence" of R&AW involvement? I am seriously doubting your intentions now, sir @A_gupta ji. You seem to be hinting that R&AW carry out the hits.

Any evidence other than some bozo journo quoting unnamed sources who wanted to be anonymous?!!!
Western media is doing what they did with the Iraqi WMD ... trying to convince the world that there is credible evidence.
I am not buying it.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

A_Gupta wrote: 22 Sep 2023 05:23
TORONTO -- The allegation of India’s involvement in the killing of a Sikh Canadian is based on surveillance of Indian diplomats in Canada, including intelligence provided by a major ally, a Canadian official familiar with the matter told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The official said the communications involved Indian officials and Indian diplomats in Canada and that some of the intelligence was provided by a member of the “Five Eyes” intelligence-sharing alliance, which in addition to Canada includes the U.S., Britain, Australia and New Zealand.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly, did not say which ally provided intelligence or give specific details of what was contained in the communications or how they were obtained.
So the threat to Indian embassy and mission staff in India is "alleged" even with vast amount of video and news reports for months but whatever Canada is credible. lol White man's rules.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

The news of Sukhdool Singh's murder, that he was shot in Winnipeg hit the Indian newspapers before it hit any wire service; certainly before even the news of a shooting hit the Winnipeg Free Press.

How is this so? IMO, because these gangsters are people of interest to the NIA, they must be monitoring them - their social media at least, if not more.

If you don't mind my silly wild guesses, I'll guess that Indian intelligence knew of Nijjar's death perhaps faster than almost anyone else; and they didn't need to wait for somebody to identify the body to know that it was Nijjar (like with Sukhdool Singh). Since these (per Canada) are harmless community leaders using only their right to free speech to express dissent with the fascist Indian government, that India was/is monitoring them is in itself a highly suspicious thing to Canadians.

My second silly wild guess is thus that Canada completely dismissed the extradition requests, etc., from India, and not only were not investigating and/or deporting these folks, but Canadian intelligence was not even monitoring them.

My third silly wild guess is that Indian intelligence leaked to Indian newspapers the the fact of Sukhdool Singh's murder to make a point. Normally, why would they want to feed the newspapers information like this - it is not time-sensitive, and it will come out eventually through the regular wire services. What the point they want to make, I will not spell out, that would make four silly wild guesses and that exceeds my quota.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

How credible is abcnews? ft.com? Are you saying that we should take reports in the US MSM to be "credible evidence" of R&AW involvement? I am seriously doubting your intentions now, sir @A_gupta ji. You seem to be hinting that R&AW carry out the hits.
1. Did I say they are credible?

2. In an information warfare, how do you respond if you don't know what the other side is spouting off?

3. Just FYI, that it would be SIGINT was predicted by a member (see the thread above) and that Trudeau's move would be to leak something anonymously was predicted by journalist Terry Milewski.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Unfortunately, an Admin/Moderator quoted part of my last post and called it "nonsense". The operative word in my post was "IF", which was not captured in the response.

There was a reason I had made that post. The reason was that the Canadian PM had roped in the opposition and told them that he had credible evidence. He did not reveal the "evidence", but it seems to be coming out now.

My post was based on my experience with "big data" and GOTUS.

GOTUS or actually the three-lettered agencies captures anything and everything that transits ether/wire. Google, MS, Amazon, Oracle follow. Three-lettered agencies lead or innovate. What techs are out in the open are late by a few years.

Anything we speak or type is stored. Your ID is known - no exceptions. "NRao"'s REAL ID, address, SSN, cell #,.............. is known. No two ways about it.

The fact that the CA PM tossed out a senior Indian diplomat based on an "allegation" should tell us that the CA PM had enough evidence to checkmate all PMs and Presidents.

IMO, Bharat will need to punish one of the four (or all) eyes for this backstab OR pay blood money.

I would suggest punish.
Last edited by NRao on 22 Sep 2023 07:26, edited 1 time in total.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I believe it was Lawrence Bishnoi who put out a ‘press statement’ claiming Sukhdool’s murder.

This bishnoi is most interesting.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

As punishment, I would suggest stopping every cooperation with ALL QUAD members. Let them steam.

Maybe even discuss dismantling the 5Is.

This is serious stuff. Serious for a pole in a multipolar world.

It has gone beyond Khalisthan and Canada. Those two are trivial matters.

It is about a POLE in a multipolar world. Stand up and be counted. Heck with laws, rules, whatever.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

IMO that is what we are seeing. If the Canada PM wants to go support a designated terrorist, why would India take it any other way than what is stated at face value. Doesn't really matter how Nijjar met his end. For that matter JT may well have walked into a trap.
Last edited by vera_k on 22 Sep 2023 07:48, edited 1 time in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

sanjaykumar wrote: 22 Sep 2023 07:25 I believe it was Lawrence Bishnoi who put out a ‘press statement’ claiming Sukhdool’s murder.
As far as I can ascertain, Bishnoi's statement came out 4 or 5 hours after the first reports of Sukhdool's murder.

Bishnoi is in custody in Ahmedabad. So yes, very interesting.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

This is no longer about Bharat and Canada/Khalistan.

It is about Bharat and the US/Australia/UK. Why did one of these nations squeal on Bharat?

I would like Bharat to demand that the - old order - 5Is be dismantled, and Canada removed from the G-7. And, Bharat added to the UNSC without discussion.

Otherwise we fall into the trap of Aadi Achint, et all of infinite analysis loop.
Last edited by NRao on 22 Sep 2023 07:51, edited 1 time in total.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

A_Gupta wrote: 22 Sep 2023 07:42 As far as I can ascertain, Bishnoi's statement came out 4 or 5 hours after the first reports of Sukhdool's murder.
Bishnoi is in custody in Ahmedabad. So yes, very interesting.
??? You mean timing? It could very well be that gangster humint networks are quite efficient. They are in the know of their rival gangster movements. More so than the humint/sigint networkd of intelligence agencies. OTOH, if NIA is tapping Bishnoi's phone (which might have been given to him by an NIA agent posing as his minion), then it is easy to get all the info these gangstas are relaying to each other.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

looking at sum total of the news looks like the 4 eyes want to shut the K project.
However, Trudeau is unwilling to let go.
We are seeing a beautiful mess-up being revealed.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

One must be careful not to cut off the nose to spite the face.

The killing of Sukhdool is unlikely to be random or coincidental. It almost seems like a taunt.
There are Khalistanis out there sweating like a 'oar in church.
The law and order situation is also being questioned.

It seems India may be willing to share any mayhem from Panjab.

But then again, it may a publicity seeking gangster sitting in an Indian jail. Interesting but hopefully this thing can be resolved earliest.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

NRao wrote: 22 Sep 2023 07:49 It is about Bharat and the US/Australia/UK. Why did one of these nations squeal on Bharat?
Hain? Sir jee, how did you arrive at that conclusion? Because canpappu said so?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

hanumadu wrote: 22 Sep 2023 06:36 If there is evidence of a RAW hand in the assassination, what would be in it? Would we be so careless as to take names? It must be in some code and who ever intercepted it must be able to decipher it.
Canada is 'leaking' information that they have credible intelligence and the western media is doing its job of convincing the world about it.
+1

This is a leaking game.

TIL a new propaganda term from a podcast. “Wrap smear.” It’s good old innuendo that you feed the media. Like, “we have intercepts.” Which could be anything, or nothing. Media is not going to ask that, but will run with, “they have intercepts onlee, is it all true then? Big drama, extra! Extra!”

Basically plant a phrase or thought in the media which feeds its appetite for sensationalism.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

NRao wrote: 22 Sep 2023 07:20 Unfortunately, an Admin/Moderator quoted part of my last post and called it "nonsense". The operative word in my post was "IF", which was not captured in the response.
There was a reason I had made that post. The reason was that the Canadian PM had roped in the opposition and told them that he had credible evidence. He did not reveal the "evidence", but it seems to be coming out now.
GOTUS or actually the three-lettered agencies captures anything and everything that transits ether/wire. Google, MS, Amazon, Oracle follow. Three-lettered agencies lead or innovate. What techs are out in the open are late by a few years.
Anything we speak or type is stored. Your ID is known - no exceptions. "NRao"'s REAL ID, address, SSN, cell #,.............. is known. No two ways about it.
The fact that the CA PM tossed out a senior Indian diplomat based on an "allegation" should tell us that the CA PM had enough evidence to checkmate all PMs and Presidents.
IMO, Bharat will need to punish one of the four (or all) eyes for this backstab OR pay blood money.
I would suggest punish.
NRaoji,
Modiji's government and GOTUS are not the same. Gora and SDRE can not be compared. If Modiji was involved in the killing of a Khalistani terrorist in Canada, then it is abhorrent and unacceptable in a law abiding society. It is quite right for Justinder to expel an Indian diplomat for this act. But the assassination of Sheikh Osama, done while violating the sovereignty of Pakistan, an ally, was acceptable, and neither Canada nor any other country expelled anyone for this.
Gautam
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

> Bishnois statement, from ndtv

There doesn't appear to be a time stamp on that clip. That would settle the question.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Hagmeet and Turdoo are made for each other.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

<Post Edited>
Last edited by Rakesh on 29 Sep 2023 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post removed for drivel / nonsense
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

g.sarkar wrote: 22 Sep 2023 08:04
NRao wrote: 22 Sep 2023 07:20 Unfortunately, an Admin/Moderator quoted part of my last post and called it "nonsense". The operative word in my post was "IF", which was not captured in the response.
I would suggest punish.
NRaoji,
Modiji's government and GOTUS are not the same. Gora and SDRE can not be compared. If Modiji was involved in the killing of a Khalistani terrorist in Canada, then it is abhorrent and unacceptable in a law abiding society. It is quite right for Justinder to expel an Indian diplomat for this act. But the assassination of Sheikh Osama, done while violating the sovereignty of Pakistan, an ally, was acceptable, and neither Canada nor any other country expelled anyone for this.
Gautam
As a pole in a multi-polar world do we really care about the past?

IMO, a pole dictates the present and thus the future.

I really do not care about gora/SDRE - they are, respectfully, the past. The past has relevance in providing guidance, never action.

I will act in the present and force the future.

So, what GoI (NOT Moddiji) did or did not is irrelevant. Unless one wants to slide into the past.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

There is a documented history of you talking "nonsense" on BRF. So the latest incident in which that moderator called out your nonsense (yet again!) should not come across as being unfortunate to you.
NRao wrote: 22 Sep 2023 07:20There was a reason I had made that post. The reason was that the Canadian PM had roped in the opposition and told them that he had credible evidence. He did not reveal the "evidence", but it seems to be coming out now.

I would suggest punish.
I would suggest you look up a three letter word --> WMD. Does that ring a bell?

Intelligence can be skewed/altered to produce a desired outcome like the intelligence on WMDs in Iraq.

Whatever evidence Turdeau has on his hands (or has been handed to him) is compromised. India is under no obligation to consider it as gospel truth. They can stick this evidence...in where the sun does not shine.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

I would say that the past is convenient for us atm, when the west gets all high and mighty for any fukery not involving them, Iraq, Afghanistan, libyan are very promptly displayed, the west shuts up or hems and haws but is unable to give a response and all is forgiven, all their fud about wmds, chemical attacks on civilians is now an internet meme, so yes I would say that we care about the past if only to justify our actions to the larger audience
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Jay wrote: 22 Sep 2023 04:11
skumar wrote: 22 Sep 2023 02:29 Modi has to open his mouth on Canada, cannot let Trudeau get away with his brain fart. He should raise this issue in Lok Sabha and say that when
It's not needed skumar ji. Right now we are giving Justin Turd all the rope to hang himself with. We are handling this the right way with every response from our side spearheaded by MEA and that's how we need to go with this. Just because some low life made a brand new accusation, we need not drop everything. This is MEA's coming out moment, so to speak. Win or lose, we need to keep at this game and march on.
I agree. The MEA spokesman Arindam Bagchi is doing a fine job briefing the Media. The Minister can speak on Western channels if he feels it's necessary.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

1) As predicted, Bharat's visa moratorium response came very soon. Only OCIs and certain people with existing visas can travel. Clear-headed thinking from the MEA, not wild reactions.

2) As this unfolds, Bharat is coming out as winner whichever way you look at it, whether you take JT at face value or reject his claims altogether. Another well played game by Bharat sarkar is becoming evident. Add "Madrasi brahman ki saazish" (i.e. Jaishankar) to "Raaaaa ki saazish" (i.e. Modi)....and there is no burnol that will soothe the double whammy.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Rakesh wrote: 22 Sep 2023 08:38
There is a documented history of you talking "nonsense" on BRF. So the latest incident in which that moderator called out your nonsense (yet again!) should not come across as being unfortunate to you.
Documented?

The last time my ban was for 3 weeks. Extended for 3 months.

Not documented. Arbitrary.
Rakesh wrote: 22 Sep 2023 08:38
NRao wrote: 22 Sep 2023 07:20There was a reason I had made that post. The reason was that the Canadian PM had roped in the opposition and told them that he had credible evidence. He did not reveal the "evidence", but it seems to be coming out now.

I would suggest punish.
I would suggest you look up a three letter word --> WMD. Does that ring a bell?

Intelligence can be skewed/altered to produce a desired outcome like the intelligence on WMDs in Iraq.

Whatever evidence Turdeau has on his hands (or has been handed to him) is compromised. India is under no obligation to consider it as gospel truth. They can stick this evidence...in where the sun does not shine.
Yes, it can be skewed. I totally agree.

But, can one overcome that "skew"? Does a nation have the power to do that?

Which is why I suggested that Bharat challenge them. Poles/powers need to challenge "skew" and force it to their advantage.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

^^ Next what? Bharat expend energy on Paki claims that their tallel than moontain friend provide them with intel on India's nefarious plans.
If you accuse me then it's your responsibility to prove it, otherwise its amounts to slander and nothing more.

This Nijjhar dude was denied Canadian Passport multiple times due to immigration fraud and was on Interpol red alert for a decade. Isn't it farcical for Canada to try to defend man who was trying to defraud him.
Last edited by vimal on 22 Sep 2023 08:58, edited 1 time in total.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

Canada has no proof and the blistering first moves make GoI winner of this round. Canada is failing miserably attempting to explain why a Terrorist with an international warrant was granted Canadian citizenship. And in the extremely unlikely event, India was even remotely responsible, This new India sends a spine chilling message to adversaries around the world. Either way, India wins. Playboy Trudeau and by extension Canada loses.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

NRao wrote: 22 Sep 2023 08:49 Documented?

The last time my ban was for 3 weeks. Extended for 3 months.

Not documented. Arbitrary.
It is documented in your own posts :) But I do not want to do it in this thread, cause it will deviate from the topic at hand.

Your analysis is based on data points that have no basis in reality and with zero evidence. It is quite frankly delusional. You then expect folks to buy into "your" reality. But when challenged, you resort to whataboutery. And then the circle continues.

BRF was spared your analysis for the time you were gone. What really is unfortunate, is that we have to sit through it again.
NRao wrote: 22 Sep 2023 08:49 Yes, it can be skewed. I totally agree.

But, can one overcome that "skew"? Does a nation have the power to do that?

Which is why I suggested that Bharat challenge them. Poles/powers need to challenge "skew" and force it to their advantage.
The MEA has already challenged that skew by calling it absurd. That should answer that question.

Your question itself (Does a nation have the power to do that?) is fundamentally flawed. It rests on the premise that the intelligence being presented has some validity that requires India to respond to it with any seriousness. But then again, I expect such a flawed question to come from you. Your foundation itself is non-existent, that why should your analysis have any merit?
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

hanumadu wrote: 22 Sep 2023 06:36 If there is evidence of a RAW hand in the assassination, what would be in it? Would we be so careless as to take names? It must be in some code and who ever intercepted it must be able to decipher it.
They are playing old colonial games without understanding Modi and his team. They will make sure such games end up in huge disaster for Canada. Plus, other G7 countries are not going to budge. If they did, then the way they would have behaved would have been very different during G20. I think Canada is taken for a ride here by somebody. If it is the Chinese, that probably makes sense.

Besides, Why do you need some sophisticated intelligence signal to kill a useless criminal in Surrey? You only need to hire a few other criminals to do the job for you.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Former national security advisors weigh in on India allegations | Power Play with Vassy Kapelos

Former national security advisors say it’s crucial Canada ‘makes the point’ to India that interference of any kind cannot stand.
Gautam
India did it and is hiding it. "India has been mucking about in Canada for quite a while now." The two talking heads admit that Justinder's accusations will never be proven in a Canadian court, as the sources can not be divulged openly.
Do not expect Justinder to admit any wrong doing anytime soon.
Last edited by g.sarkar on 22 Sep 2023 09:39, edited 2 times in total.