India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Re: India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

Post by SBajwa »

venkat_kv wrote: 08 May 2024 13:07
sanman wrote: 08 May 2024 07:08

Oh, I was waiting for this kind of response from you. So now I'm a terrorist-supporter, according to you. I'm here calling for India to cut its diplomatic ties with Canada over Trudeau's Khalistan-provocations, but you're calling me the terrorist-lover.

This isn't about me - this is about protecting Indian interests. When others see you as a pushover, they'll have no hesitation or second thoughts about harassing you further, because they're not receiving any adverse consequences from it. This feeble pooh-poohing and downplaying of what's going on is what's absurd and ridiculous.

Canada, btw, is not the superpower America is. Therefore India should be less timid toward Canada compared to USA.
sanman wrote: 08 May 2024 08:34

Yeah, I sometimes shop in that area. If you go to the gurdwara there, the main entrance has a large picture in the centre of it: a picture of the bullet-riddled Golden Temple, with a large banner message saying "Never forget. Never forgive."
Sanman Saar,

can you flesh out your idea of how and what is achieved when india and Canada shuts down their embassies especially when India initiates it? Canada is needling and if India responds to it by shutting down the embassies what are the repurcussions?

India is already delivering a lesson to canada albeit slowly, India will stop importing fertilizers from canada in a couple of years along with stopping the import of lentils. That itself will cause visble consternation to the Canadians.

Have you also done anything in the gurdwara after visiting it to take down poster of Bindranwale or the "bullet-ridden golden temple" or any education/conversations with the folks attending the gurudwara to steer them away from khalistani rhetoric.

Don't do it!
There is old saying "You cannot wrestle with pigs as they enjoy it while your own clothes get dirty." I have been trying from 25+ years to tone down this Khalistani rhetoric, mostly young educated understand but these clowns in Brampton, Surrey are not worth it. It is their daily bread and butter.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Pratyush wrote: 10 May 2024 16:37 Do the people in Punjab really want to build anything in the state.

In general I am amazed at the people who are spending 60 to 70 lakhs and just taking a plane for the western nations.

The kind of initiative and entrepreneurial spirit required to leave everything behind and start a new. If the same can be deployed in India will turn things around very quickly for the society as a whole.
That is a dammed good question, do they want to ?
In my experience one of the problems that those who have gone, exaggerate their success abroad. Photos in front of fancy cars, and standing outside of houses they do not own. Telling everyone how great they have done.
It is unstoppable. On the other hand, as has been the history of our people, in fact all people, the 1st generation is willing to suffer for the preceding generations. You might have to do a lowly job, but as long as your children have access to good quality education and stand a better chance then it's worth it.

I saw this interesting story
https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... ht-farmers

A great example of Entrepreneurship, but looking at the state of Punjab I can honestly say, as individuals the politicians leave a lot to be desired, they are just low grade people. Nothing will change until the quality of leadership changes. Some of the best, first world standard roads I have ever been on, anywhere in the world were in UP. In Punjab they all looked like arab airforce runways, after the Israeli's had visited. Infra and education, skills training and Entrepreneurship are the solutions.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

tandav wrote: 10 May 2024 17:10
Pratyush wrote: 10 May 2024 16:37 Do the people in Punjab really want to build anything in the state.

In general I am amazed at the people who are spending 60 to 70 lakhs and just taking a plane for the western nations.

The kind of initiative and entrepreneurial spirit required to leave everything behind and start a new. If the same can be deployed in India will turn things around very quickly for the society as a whole.
I think this because student loans are more easily available than business loans. I am fairly certain that many so called "students" and their financial backers will default on these student loans most likely since they are backed by farm land assets which are politically protected or some other way.

So essentially there is free money to be taken from Indian banks as student loans and the racket essentially means that Indian bank depositors are funding the flight and once these dudes reach Canada they suddenly claim to be persecuted folks etc.
I had no idea of this, once these loop holes are closed then the flow should slow significantly. A lot of Punjabis are very loud and brash, I always say to these sorts "if we are so great, how come we left and the place is such a mess??" of course they all blame everyone else, but I think our mindset is also the problem. Personally I hate the place, my family are originally from HP, and I love the mountains.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Canada Showing Its Vote Bank Is More Powerful Than Its Rule Of Law: S Jaishankar
In any rules-based society, you would imagine that you would check people's background, how they came, what passport they carried etc
It is not so much a question of running out of options. What we have seen to our regret has been the direction of Canadian politics where separatists and extremist forces, many of whom openly advocate violence, have been given political space in that country," Mr Jaishankar said.

"And there are people in positions of prominence today in Canadian politics who actually espouse that kind of separatism and extremism," he said.
Whenever we have taken this up with the Canadians..it is not a new issue... It has been going on almost for 10 years and they keep saying, oh 'we have freedom of speech'." "We also have freedom of speech in our country. But freedom of speech does not mean freedom to threaten foreign diplomats, freedom of speech does not mean the kind of positions and the kind of activities which people in Canada are doing which does harm to our country because of its support for separatism,"
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Many points raised which were not expedient to observe publicly before the zamindar, not farmers, protests.

Standing in front of your fancy car to be photographed for the village bride to be in panjab is not even ‘nigger rich’.

That offensive term is applied by some whites to mock the black American who drives a caddy and lives in a shack.

It turns out that many of the Range Rovers on the used market are by our friends. They can barely afford the payments on a 25 year term. So when the air suspension goes kaput, they patch it with Gorilla Glue and put it on the market for some unsuspecting gora to wonder how he got such a good deal.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

tandav wrote: 10 May 2024 17:10 ... by farm land assets which are politically protected or some other way.
On top of being possibly overvalued.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Another thing I want to add is -- once UK's Conservatives lose power and are replaced with Labour party govt, I think we should expect UK Labour govt to likewise try to do similar Trudeau-style stunts against India. Don't say you weren't warned.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Haresh,

Thanks a ton for the Ice-cream truck link.

It's a text book example of grassroots entrepreneurial spirit.

These are winners.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

sanman wrote: 11 May 2024 09:11 Another thing I want to add is -- once UK's Conservatives lose power and are replaced with Labour party govt, I think we should expect UK Labour govt to likewise try to do similar Trudeau-style stunts against India. Don't say you weren't warned.

That will just expedite the journey to irrelevance of the UK.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Vayutuvan wrote: 11 May 2024 01:56
tandav wrote: 10 May 2024 17:10 ... by farm land assets which are politically protected or some other way.
On top of being possibly overvalued.
No! The most over valued land is around NCR and then 2nd is Tri-City Chandigarh area. The worst possible land for agriculture goes for 10 crores per Acre(43560 Sq Ft=1 Acre) in NCR and 5-10 Crores around Chandigarh., even in 2nd_tier cities like Panipat, Ambala, Karnal, Patiala, Jalandhar, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Bhatinda the land closest to cities is 1-5 crores per acre., while land in 3rd-tier cities like Sirsa, Jind, Rajpura, Khanna, Batala, Pathankot is 40 Lakhs - 1 crore. If your agricultural land is 5-10 km away from 3rd-tier city it is less than 15 Lakhs per acre. 80% of the agricultural land is far away from cities and around 15-20 Lakhs per acre (depending upon water and road accessibility). Problem is that people who owned land around cities have become rich overnight with lots of free time for protests, etc.

There are all type of luxury car agencies around NCR and Tri-City (Mercedes, BMW, Volvo, Jaguar, Range Rover, Acura, Audi, etc) to cater to the villagers of ever expanding cities. Many former farmers now rent out their luxury cars . Not to talk about bars, discos, very lavish weddings and parties that happen almost every day (in winter)
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Pratyush wrote: 11 May 2024 09:40
sanman wrote: 11 May 2024 09:11 Another thing I want to add is -- once UK's Conservatives lose power and are replaced with Labour party govt, I think we should expect UK Labour govt to likewise try to do similar Trudeau-style stunts against India. Don't say you weren't warned.

That will just expedite the journey to irrelevance of the UK.

It may also mark the journey of all Five Eyes members back toward colonialism, through re-adoption of divide-and-rule tactics against former colonies, such as through support for Khalistan, etc.

Before it undertook colonialism, Britain was irrelevant. At some point they may feel that re-embrace of colonialism is the only way to avoid irrelevance. It will be their Left who lead them in that direction. I feel that British Conservatives were able to evolve beyond colonialist ideology by embracing the industrial revolution and the productivity benefits it afforded for improving quality of life. Meanwhile, the Left who emerged in backlash against the early abuses/excesses of the industrial revolution, remain rejectionists of industrial ideology - and therefore these Left are forced to rely on the ideology and gimmicks of the preceding era (the colonial era).
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Canada seems to now be subtly shifting its stance on Palestine issue while claiming it's not. Trudeau has to roll where the vote banks tell him to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzpbGYPg4i4
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Another arrest in connection with Nijjar's murder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxZdPUgNsQU
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

"The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) said that Amandeep Singh (22 years old) was arrested on May 11 for his role in the killing of Hardeep Singh Nijjar. He was already in the custody of the Peel Regional Police for unrelated firearms charges out, the official release said."
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Aad Achint interviews Canadian journalist Terry Milewski, who has more experience than any other western journalist in covering the Khalistan issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlzQp_r4ZrY

So Aadi is just a maverick youtuber with a lot of followers. He may as well be in the social influencer category.

But Milewski is an experienced journalist of considerable reputation, who has done in-depth reporting on Khalistan ever since it started.
He knows a lot of Indians as a result. It looks uneseemly for our Indians to get a journalist of Milewski's calibre to go on Aadi's show (I assume it's because our babus in New Delhi are in a panic and desperate to put out anything, to show they're doing something)

Likewise, I was very unhappy seeing Arnab bring Milewski on his show and giving him his typical browbeating, when Milewski's coverage has done so much to show India's concerns.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

A_Gupta wrote: 12 May 2024 08:44 "The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) said that Amandeep Singh (22 years old) was arrested on May 11 for his role in the killing of Hardeep Singh Nijjar. He was already in the custody of the Peel Regional Police for unrelated firearms charges out, the official release said."

So, Gupta ji, our agints are getting younger by the day

very soon, we may well deploy a kidergarten hit squad.

justinder was mortally mortified when India called out his circus of a khalistani bhangra visit to India, and the Indian press, as well as, the kanadian press mercilessly mocked him

It was all down hill from there onwards as his fragile ego was shredded beyond repair and it was all vengeance malveillante from there on
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

sanman wrote: 12 May 2024 12:04 Aad Achint interviews Canadian journalist Terry Milewski, who has more experience than any other western journalist in covering the Khalistan issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlzQp_r4ZrY

So Aadi is just a maverick youtuber with a lot of followers. He may as well be in the social influencer category.

But Milewski is an experienced journalist of considerable reputation, who has done in-depth reporting on Khalistan ever since it started.
He knows a lot of Indians as a result. It looks uneseemly for our Indians to get a journalist of Milewski's calibre to go on Aadi's show (I assume it's because our babus in New Delhi are in a panic and desperate to put out anything, to show they're doing something)

Likewise, I was very unhappy seeing Arnab bring Milewski on his show and giving him his typical browbeating, when Milewski's coverage has done so much to show India's concerns.
One of the comments from the YT video

@PittSpeedy
10 hours ago (edited)
They are not coming forward because they are afraid for their safety. At least here in California, the biggest Gurudwaras were captured by Khalistanis, sometimes by use of violence. Khalistanis are also involved serious crimes, from gun running to drug smuggling. So decent people, even if they are popular leaders, are scared to speak out (especially considering that local authorities are actually complicit in this).

I'll also note that the only way the Khalistani movement can get actual energy is if Indians at large start thinking that all Sikhs are complicit, because at that point Khalistanis will be able to go to sane Sikhs and say "see? didn't we tell you Hindus hate you?". Don't fall into this trap.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Pratyush wrote: 11 May 2024 09:30 Haresh,

Thanks a ton for the Ice-cream truck link.

It's a text book example of grassroots entrepreneurial spirit.

These are winners.
No problem, "grassroots entrepreneurial spirit" is something that needs to be encouraged. Most of my relations who have left India have thrived. The truth is, it is Punjab that held them back. A hopeless case. The Punjabi mentality is to blame everyone but themselves. My cousins tell me when I visit, that any attempt to start any small business attracts the attention of the police & authorities for bribes.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Haresh wrote: 12 May 2024 16:07
Snip...
My cousins tell me when I visit, that any attempt to start any small business attracts the attention of the police & authorities for bribes.
This is a common problem in different states in India. But discussing this further is OT for the mandate of the thread.

But the irony WRT Canada is that, they have reduced themselves to a single issue nation for India.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/sarbrajskahlon/stat ... 0026870211
Here is the video of Karan Brar, a 22-y/o, one of the accused in Nijjar’s murder case, promoting the services of Ethicworks Immigration Services in Bathinda, Punjab. He claims to have obtained his study visa within days of application. Video has now been deleted by the immigration company from their Facebook page.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

A few dimwits on social media say that RAW agents in the Canadian consulate got the visas for these men who were arrested.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Tucker Carlson interviews Justin Trudeau's step-brother, who gives inside details on his famous sibling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-jWexNK2U4
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Nothing worthy of being probed': Jaishankar on India's involvement in Nijjar case

GOOD - for Being blunt from EAM

:eek: Rebutting the claims of Canada, India’s External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Monday said that India has never received anything specific and worthy of being pursued by its probe agencies in the killing of Khalistan separatist [and designated terrorist] Hardeep Singh Nijjar. Jaishankar said New Delhi is open to an investigation if Ottawa has any evidence or information related to any violence that is relevant to be investigated in India. He was responding to the forth arrest of an Indian-origin person by Canadian agencies. :eek:

“We have never received anything which is specific and worthy of being pursued by our investigative agencies and I am not aware that anything has changed in the last few days in that regard,” the Minister said in response to a question during a press conference in New Delhi.
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

It is time that GoI go out on the attack and accuse Canada of being a bastion harboring terrorists and ask Canada be placed on money laundering notice.

And also go after these Christian missionaries supporting insurgencies in the NE India whether they be Americans or Europeans.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

India, gangs … or both? Who is behind assassinations of Canadian Sikhs?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/artic ... hit-squads
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

hgupta wrote: 14 May 2024 18:50 It is time that GoI go out on the attack
More? Maybe we can discuss graduated steps like with Pakistan. But already Canada is being dismissed unlike the USA.

The cost of sheltering terrorists directed at India is rising no matter what. Don't see what option GoI has after Gilani/Headley and Rana used lax anti-terrorist policies in the West to attack India.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

These are the sorts that Canada is importing !!

Toronto: Uber driver tells woman he would kidnap her if they were in Pakistan

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2024/05/toro ... n-pakistan
VKumar
BRFite

Post by VKumar »

news that Nujhars death was due to inter gang warfare.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

sanman wrote: 08 May 2024 14:05
venkat_kv wrote: 08 May 2024 13:07Sanman Saar,

can you flesh out your idea of how and what is achieved when india and Canada shuts down their embassies especially when India initiates it? Canada is needling and if India responds to it by shutting down the embassies what are the repurcussions?
I think India should put a strong squeeze on ties, by curtailing flights between the countries, lengthening visa wait times. Cutting the diplomatic ties and removing the embassies could certainly encourage that. India can also drop the subtle hint that it's because of the Trudeau govt that ties have fallen apart. The subtext being that ties can improve after Trudeau is gone (hint: vote him out).
Think of what happened to UK Labour party leader Jeremy Corbyn after he started targeting India. He was given a sharp lesson.

Canada is not merely needling -- they're making their careers out of this. Vote Bank politics is big business, not some minor hobby.
For Ukrainians, who are a much older, whiter and more established community in Canada, then India can be disliked for being Russia's enabler.

India is already delivering a lesson to canada albeit slowly, India will stop importing fertilizers from canada in a couple of years along with stopping the import of lentils. That itself will cause visble consternation to the Canadians.
Why would politicians care more about fertilizers than about Vote Banks? Votes don't grow from fertilizers, votes come from Vote Banks -- especially single-issue Vote Banks who have a one-track mind with overwhelming fixation on a single issue: Khalistan.
Fertilizer companies don't control the media, it's the political establishment who control the media, which are all spouting the same line: Indians are murderous oppressors.

India is Canada's 9th-largest export market. But Canada is only India's 28th-largest export market.
So you would think they'd care about the relationship more than India would. But to politicians, Vote Banks are more important than trade.
Have you also done anything in the gurdwara after visiting it to take down poster of Bindranwale or the "bullet-ridden golden temple" or any education/conversations with the folks attending the gurudwara to steer them away from khalistani rhetoric.
I don't go to these places regularly. I also don't talk politics with anyone there, and nobody there talks politics with me.
When in Rome, do as the Romans do. When in London, do as the British do. When in Khalistan, just smile politely.

It's not some mere poster. It's a large plaque with the large picture embedded in it. It's in the centre of the main entrance lobby, so that everyone has to walk past it - old people, young people, kids, everybody - so that all can get an eyeful of the Evil Indian Oppressor's handiwork and the commandment "Never forget, Never forgive". This is a large gurdwara - the main gurdwara for that Malton area.
Sanman Saar,
THe highlighted part is already being done by the modi govt (you can check posts in this thread itself), ever since they came to power there have been back channel talks and a few who seem to regret their earlier actions and were willing to leave khalistan rhetoric seem to have been co-opted (at least the narrative about ripudaman singh malik seems to point to that. We have already seen the Indian govt ask Canadians to pack their extra staffers, have been putting the onus on the Canadian govt led by Trudeau as being the cause for the fall in ties due to canadian state support of khalistani elements.

Politicians might care about vote banks but when the economy goes for a toss then the businesses will speak and the fertilizer and lentils imports by India runs into billions of $.

You seem to have a very passionate view of things which doesn't seem appropriate when you say that you just smile and let things be in gurudwaras, I am sure if you put some thought into it some amount of changes can be done. The govt currently is doing what it can with the levers it enjoys which will gradually be used in an escalating manner. Atleast as a concerned citizen you can try educating the Hindus and sensible sikhs about the trudeau govt that their lifes will be affected instead of leaving eveything to the modi govt.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

SBajwa wrote: 10 May 2024 18:17
venkat_kv wrote: 08 May 2024 13:07

Sanman Saar,

Don't do it!
There is old saying "You cannot wrestle with pigs as they enjoy it while your own clothes get dirty." I have been trying from 25+ years to tone down this Khalistani rhetoric, mostly young educated understand but these clowns in Brampton, Surrey are not worth it. It is their daily bread and butter.
Sandeep Saar,
I know a lot of people are doing their bit, i was alluding to Sanman Saar who seems to be really passionate about this issue and wants the Indian govt to do the heavy lifting. I was merely alluding that since he strongly feels in this way maybe at the very least he can try to form coalition of all the other sensible people versus khalistanis and it will take a very very long time, but people will have to do it.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Terror Module Operated By Man Linked To Hardeep Nijjar Busted, 4 Arrested
In a major breakthrough, #AGTF, Punjab has busted a module operated by foreign-based terrorist mastermind Iqbalpreet Singh @ Buchi, a close associate of Ramandeep Bagga @ Canadian who is lodged in Tihar Jail under UAPA charges in case of targeted killings in Punjab in 2016-2017

Four module members Gurwinder @ Shera, Gurpreet Singh, Ranjit Singh & Jagjit @ Jashan have been arrested

Gurwinder @ Shera was earlier involved in conspiracy of targeted killing in 2022 which was averted by his arrest then

Preliminary investigations have revealed that Shera and his associates were planning to commit sensational crimes in #Punjab on the directions of Iqbalpreet @ Buchi

Recovery of 3 pistols and 13 live cartridges

@PunjabPoliceInd
is fully committed to eradicate organised crime in the state
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Haresh wrote: 14 May 2024 20:16 India, gangs … or both? Who is behind assassinations of Canadian Sikhs?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/artic ... hit-squads
Street gangs and organised crime syndicates with links to south Asian communities have long had a presence in British Columbia and Ontario and the Indian government’s decision to use those existing networks is a “marriage of convenience”, said Queen’s University assistant professor Amarnath Amarasingam, who specialises in extremism and social movements.

“India will pay whoever will do the shooting and gangs like the Bishnoi gang will essentially kill whoever pays them to kill,” he said.

Using a gang based in the Punjab, whose members arrived on student visas, would be intended to create the perception of domestic score-settling and administrative oversight, instead of a government-ordered assassination, said Amarasingam.
Here is another article by Amarnath Amarasingam:
https://gnet-research.org/2023/11/17/hi ... t-at-home/

And another set of his articles:
https://ctc.westpoint.edu/authors/amarnath-amarasingam/

---
Why this author needs to be examined and deconstructed - he can venture an opinion that the Indian government might have used the Bishnoi gang to conduct assassinations -- even I would concede that as logically possible and not entirely ruled out -- but he cannot present it as an established fact. But he takes it to be a fact.

Logically speaking though, why would Nikhil Gupta at the behest of the official Indian government try to hire a hitman in the US (who was an undercover FBI officer or something). when the official Indian government has the Bishnoi gang to do its bidding? Just from pure logic I would say the two theories of Indian government/Nikhil Gupta/Pannun and Indian government/Bishnoi gang/Nijjar are incompatible.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

^^^

Saar,

Why for you are using logic? India has been accused. India is guilty. Production of proofs is for suckers.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^ Svadharma is to be as logical as possible.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

First 40 minutes or so. Links Khalistanis to Kejri, Canada, and the US. Interesting osint finds.

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Amandeep Singh, the fourth man charged in connection with the killing of prominent Sikh-Canadian activist Hardeep Singh Nijjar, was already caught up in the Canadian justice system at the time of Nijjar's death, CBC News has learned.

The Indian national, who entered Canada on a temporary visa, appeared in a Surrey, B.C. courtroom to answer charges on an unrelated matter just two days before, according to police, he lay in wait for Nijjar at the entrance to the Guru Nanak Sikh Gurdwara. Nijjar was shot multiple times and died at the scene.

Amandeep Singh had been arrested in Surrey, B.C. on a warrant after fleeing from police in March 2023. He was charged with flight from police and dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and made a first court appearance on June 16, 2023. Nijjar was killed on June 18.

Court documents show that his case came up before the court again 19 days after the killing, on July 7, and was proceeding through the system toward a trial, scheduled for later this year, when he was arrested on separate firearms and drug charges in Brampton, Ont. last November.

B.C. court documents from last June also show that Singh signed an undertaking agreeing to not possess firearms or ammunition, and to not be in the driver's seat of any motor vehicle.

….

Amandeep Singh has been in custody since his car was stopped in Brampton on Nov. 3 by the Special Enforcement Bureau of the Peel Regional Police. Police say he was found in possession of a Fabrique Nationale Model 509 semi-automatic pistol with a 24-round extended magazine loaded with 20 9mm rounds.

Another car stopped later the same day was searched and found to contain two more extended magazines.

Pistol magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds are prohibited items under Canadian law.

Singh was charged with a number of firearms offences as well as two counts of possession of a controlled substance.

Four other men were arrested in the two vehicle stops: Jobanpreet Singh, 20, Maninder Singh, 21, Ramanpreet Singh, 30, and Swaranpreet Singh, 20. All are listed as residents of Brampton and all remain in custody on firearms possession charges. They were not charged with drug offences and are not accused in the Nijjar murder.
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/man-accused-d ... 00543.html
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

https://globalnews.ca/news/10495010/har ... h-suspect/

Documents obtained by Global News show that Singh signed an undertaking on June 6, 2023, in which he agreed he would turn up for his court appearances and not possess firearms.

Twelve days later, he allegedly opened fire on Nijjar in the parking lot of Surrey’s Guru Nanak Sikh Temple, a killing that some believe has the hallmarks of a political assassination.

The case suggests that Singh, who was arrested in Brampton, Ont. on Saturday for Nijjar’s killing, was in the vicinity of the B.C. temple and allegedly behaving erratically prior to the shooting.

Singh came to Surrey to study, but took a year off and worked nightshifts at a warehouse, said a separate source, who spoke on the condition of not being identified because of safety fears.

He then appeared to take a turn. He got an arm tattoo with the image of a gun, drove a muscle car and wore expensive sneakers, prompting questions about where he was getting his money, the source said.

On March 26, 2023, Singh allegedly failed to stop when the RCMP tried to pull his vehicle over about four kilometres from the Guru Nanak temple, court records indicate. He was charged on May 26, but released on an undertaking to appear in court in Surrey on June 16.

Nijjar was killed two days later.

At the time, Singh was staying in the basement suite of a $2-million home in Surrey, about a six-minute drive from where Nijjar was shot, court records show.

He then moved to Ontario, where he stayed with a friend in north Brampton until he was arrested with four others on Nov. 3, 2023.

According to the court file in the case, Singh was accused of being an occupant in a 2021 Peterbilt 579 semi-trailer in which a loaded firearm was found.

He was charged with nine counts, including possession of an FN 509 9mm pistol with a 24-round extended magazine. He was also charged with failing to comply with an undertaking not to possess weapons.

His court file notes that he required a Punjabi interpreter.

According to a source familiar with the Brampton property listed in court documents as Singh’s address, he did not live at the residence but often stayed there with one of the tenants, Swaranpreet Singh.

A man by that name was among those arrested on Nov. 3.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

To point out the obvious: "His court file notes that he required a Punjabi interpreter." -- how does someone get a student visa to Canada without a working knowledge of English (or French)?

E.g.,
Most Canadian universities and colleges conduct their courses in English and immigration officers want to ensure that students can succeed in their studies and integrate into Canadian life. Therefore, meeting the country’s English language requirements is important for students to secure a Canada student visa.

While there are many English language assessment test available, TOEFL ranks first among the three most widely used English language proficiency tests and is known for being the quickest among other major assessment tests. Accepted by leading universities in Canada and worldwide TOEFL assists individuals seeking to pursue academic or professional opportunities in English-speaking environments like Canada.
Obviously the immigration officers in the Canadian embassy in India feel no such constraint of wanting to "ensure that students can succeed in their studies and integrate into Canadian life". They gave a student visa to someone who requires a Punjabi interpreter in court.

There is a political or money racket here. Either in return for political favors to Trudeau from the sponsoring Khalistani gangs, or for bribes from the "We will help you get visa for Rs 15 lakhs" vendors, the Canadian personnel in India give visas to whomever. When they are in danger of being exposed, the "Indian government is involved in assassination" is a convenient distraction to keep what few Canadian investigative reporters that there are to be focussed on the wrong thing.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I dunno. How does Trudeau’s Canada manage to attract “Panjab”’s finest?

(Interesting how the punctuation comes out)
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

> How does Trudeau’s Canada manage to attract “Panjab”’s finest?

a. Liberals who have gone insane. Giving asylum to people who are genuinely persecuted for non-extreme political or religious belief is meritorious. Giving asylum to anyone who claims political/religious persecution without any vetting is stupidity in the extreme. It is natural for people to exploit this.

AFAIK, a similar situation existed a couple of generations ago with the Ukrainian population in Canada. Perhaps Sri Lankan Tamils have also used this route.

b. There is a sizeable Khalistan-supporting population with Canadian citizenship and with a voting bloc and money for political contributions. To pander to them, Trudeau will not crack down on bad visa decisions made by the Canadian consulates in India. The Khalistanis are interested in keeping their numbers growing and will want to lure youth from India.

c. Possible criminality - if visa brokers like EthicWorks manages to get someone a student visa in days which normally takes many weeks, and does so with a hefty charge to the applicant; and manages to do this as a business; and on the other side, we see Canadian immigration officials in India issuing student visas with zero criminal background check and zero check of proficiency in English, both of which are against official Canadian policy, then it is possible that there are kickbacks taking place.