Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XII

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Shankar
BRFite

Re: Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XII

Post by Shankar »

PNS SAAD –AGOSTA 90B – 0107 HRS SOMEWHERE IN NORTH ARABIAN SEA

Captain Imran took out his missile launch key and pushed it in simultaneously with the missile systems officer. The launch authorization code was already in when all hell broke loose as the missile system officer was about to push the launch button that will initiate the irreversible launch initiation sequence

The nervous voice of his first officer came over the PA system

-captain –xo – aerial activity overhead – a fast moving fixed wing and two choppers closing in
There was no time to loose ,either he continue with the launch and surely loose the ship or dive an try to escape however low the chance may be

- rig ship for emergency dive – blow main ballast

It was then the first torpedo hit water followed by another

- captain –we have two torp in water
- deploy noise maker – make depth 300 ft – blow ballast –make diving angle 15 degree

The agosta responded but sluggishly as the damaged diving planes tried to come to their new setting as dictated by the computer one of the hydraulic hoses burst spraying the area with a high pressure jet of dark brown oil.

-sir we are loosing hydraulic pressure
- change over to emergency circuit –maintain dive angle –full speed –change course 120

- sir we have one more torpedo in water –the first one has missed but the second one ahs gone on continuous pinging
- change course 060 – level out – keep up maximum speed

Captain Imran knew his game was lost .But he had no regrets . He always knew attacking a Indian navy task force in open ocean was another name for suicide but still he had tried .

It was then the first torpedo stuck home , opening up the pressure hull like a can of sardine followed quckly by the second follow on one dropped from the TU 142 .As billions of tons of sea water tried to enter the tiny submarine the pressure hull imploded inwards as no longer it was able to resist the forces of oceans depth. It was over in a matter of minutes .Only few patched of oil and scraps of metal remained where once the pride of Pakistan navy once sailed .

It was a sad but in inevitable end to a proud captain and her ship.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

Shankar wrote:PNS SAAD –AGOSTA 90B – 0107 HRS SOMEWHERE IN NORTH ARABIAN SEA

Captain Imran knew his game was lost .But he had no regrets . He always knew attacking a Indian navy task force in open ocean was another name for suicide but still he had tried .
And got the appropriate result :evil: :evil: .
sunny_s
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sunny_s »

NO MERCY :evil: :evil: :twisted:
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

sunny_s wrote:NO MERCY :evil: :evil: :twisted:
signature shankarosky style :) :evil: :evil:
aditp
BRFite

Post by aditp »

Shankar wrote:The first casuality was the sonar operator, his eardrums ruptured and he collapsed in a heap on the console table.
Err....Shankar, all sonar bsystems have volume limiters in their output circuit to prevent harm to the sonar operator and the Agosta is a pretty up-to-date vessel.

Is'nt it?
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

ashdivay wrote:
I made movie for above scen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kt9zUkKB_A
please view comment and rate.
Thank you
Ash
Did anyone like this /?? and would like for me to continue ??
Please continue saar. Your videos are very interesting
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

Shankar,

Amazing writing. This is one of multiple instances by you where each word is like a thousand pictures!
KiranM
BRFite

Post by KiranM »

ashdivay wrote:
ashdivay wrote: I made movie for above scen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kt9zUkKB_A
please view comment and rate.
Thank you
Ash
Did anyone like this /?? and would like for me to continue ??
Hi Ashdivay..

The simulated clips are good. But I have a few suggestions. Take it FWIW.

1) Have a small summary of the action you simulate in either the Description/ Comments section on youtube. Since this thread keeps moving fast, folks might forget bit of the details. This summary will serve as a reminder.

2) In the above video, few minutes were devoted to showing around the interior/ exterior of a tank or some other vehicle. Your clips are like story telling. I feel such displays come in the way of your video plot. No matter how small, if you keep only to the plot, I feel it will be better.

Other than these, your clips rock, especially for folks who may not be aware how a Mechanized engagement occurs. Keep them coming and thanks.

Regards,
Kiran
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Dear Mr Vivek Ahuja

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Dear Mr Ahuja,
I am a newbie to this forum. First of all let me congratulate you for the exteremly brilliant and gripping story you are giving us here. I seriously cannot stop wondering whether you are an HUMINT agent. But anyways i am kind of hooked or addicted to your scenario and need a dose of the story quickly.
I hope that you would oblige me with this.

PS: On a more personal basis, can't the Hawk trainers be used as LIFT and give trainee pilots there first taste of combat and also maximize the usage of the aircraft's capabilities, as i believe the aircraft can do some good damage in the CAS role for the army.

username changed to Sampath.
Rahul.
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

KiranM wrote:
Hi Ashdivay..

The simulated clips are good. But I have a few suggestions. Take it FWIW.

1) Have a small summary of the action you simulate in either the Description/ Comments section on youtube. Since this thread keeps moving fast, folks might forget bit of the details. This summary will serve as a reminder.

2) In the above video, few minutes were devoted to showing around the interior/ exterior of a tank or some other vehicle. Your clips are like story telling. I feel such displays come in the way of your video plot. No matter how small, if you keep only to the plot, I feel it will be better.

Other than these, your clips rock, especially for folks who may not be aware how a Mechanized engagement occurs. Keep them coming and thanks.

Regards,
Kiran
First of all ied like to thank all for support. and thank BR for their support.

as for ur suggesations sir ,i have to agree with u. in future i shall keep to plot and inc summery.

currently the sce in here has shifted to naval ,which is out of my area of intrest. i shall make more vids as and when more mech armour engments take place.

i must compliment the writers for their hard and dedicated work.
trully good job.

Regards
Ash
KiranM
BRFite

Post by KiranM »

ashdivay wrote:
as for ur suggesations sir ,i have to agree with u. in future i shall keep to plot and inc summery.
Please don't call me Sir. :oops: I dont deserve that tag either by age, experience or by profession.

Regards,
Kiran
Mihir.D
BRFite

Post by Mihir.D »

Vivek,

Your scenario long overdue due. Make our Sunday. Give us something to chew on buddy !!!
adityap
BRFite -Trainee

Post by adityap »

hi all the scenario writers,

I am a new guy into the forum !! i have seem some of the best writings here
great .. i have been following this space for nearly 3 years as a guest ....

real rocking one's ....
SivaVijay
BRFite

Post by SivaVijay »

What happened to the Illyushin in the Malacca strait?
Have we all but lost Bhutan?
The eastern drive of 10th Mech, has it been stalled?
INS Chennai ...come in ....INS Chennai...?
Did those electron dispensers work.....?

Come on guys there is a limit to the number of questions one can handle.....
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

II CORPS ZULU FORCE -24XT-90S – THOR -CHOLISTAN DESSERT – INETERNATIONAL BORDER- 1930 HRS

Major Daljit stepped out of his T-90 in afoul mood .The inside was hot, sweaty and reeked of diesel fumes. The evening patrol was boring too, no enemy contact and to top it all two of his tanks tore their tracks in a span of minutes forcing everyone to slow down as the tracks were repaired and then proceed with the patrol.

He looked forward to a cold bath, a rare luxury in the dessert but some how his team have located a disused well which had some undrinkable but good enough to bath brackish water. He planned on finishing off his flat rum bottle after a “bath” accompanied by dry chicken tikka sprayed with chat masalla .

Todays patrol was unusually quite and that is a fact Daljit did not like. Every evening patrol they will normally come across some Pakistani patrol on their side and both would take a heading to avoid a direct engagement as long as no formal war is declared –this arrangement suited both parties well.

He knew Pakistanis well and knew they are not the type to take the loss of more than a dozen T-80 s philosophically .They will strike ,that he was sure ,but when was the million dollar question .

The water was warm and bitter tasting but refreshing all the same . As he sat down on the cane chair provided by his orderly the evening sun was just dipping below the horizon ,bathing the dessert floor in a heavenly golden glow.

Not far from where he was relaxing after a days hard patrol a different kind of preparation was taking place. Almost a regiment of T-80 s have finished fuelling, checked and armed –ready for combat. Their target the T-90 s of zulu force responsible for so many deaths in the last few days. Today would be full moon day and today also will be the day of revenge.

Colonel Riyamat paced the formation and checked the maps one last time . The T-80 s had the element of surprise and overwhelming numerical superiority on their side . The plan was a quick border cross in full strength ,some where near the dinner time of the zulu force ,inflict maximum casualty ,since many of them will be out in the open and then get back to Pakistani territory before Indians can re group and strike back

IAF STATION –AMBALA – 0800 HRS

Group captain Charan lal touched down with practiced ease on the extra long main runway. . As he taxied out of the runway he could see a single phalcon being serviced in the technical area out of bounds for all except specified engineering and phalcons crews . Two Mi 17 S were also parked near by meaning some kind of heavy repair work was going on most likely involving Israeli engineers.

To night is his off night and he looked forwad to see the re run of “dilwale dulwania le jayenge” rerun in the officers mess with a long chilled mug of kingfisher premium and then a long 10 hr slip before reporting for duty in tomorrows 2 o clock shift.His other favorite movie was “border” a dramatized filmy version of battle at Longewalla during 71 war.

During the night of the the 4th, Lt. Veer's platoon conducting a patrol detected noises across the border that suggested a large number of armoured vehicles approaching.[10] These were soon confirmed by reports from the Air Force observation aircraft in the area of a 20 km long armoured column on the track leading to the post advancing in the general direction of the Longewala post.[11] Directing Lt Veer's patrol to trail the advancing armoured column, Chandpuri got in touch with the battalion headquarters requesting urgent reinforcements and armour and artillery support. Battalion HQ gave him the choice of staying put, and containing the attack as much as possible, or carrying out a tactical retreat of the company to Ramgarh, as reinforcements would not be available for at least six hours. Considering that Chandpuri's command had no transportation, and was facing a mobile enemy, he decided to maintain the defensive position of the post where his troops at least had the benefit of prepared defensive works, rather than conducting a withdrawal at night that was a far more riskier option.
The Pakistani forces begun their attack at 12:30 am.[12] As the offensive approached the lone outpost, Pakistani artillery opened up across the border with medium artillery guns, killing five of the ten camels from the BSF detachment. As the column of 65 tanks neared the post, Indian defences, lacking the time to lay a prepared minefield, laid a hasty anti-tank minefield as the enemy advanced, one infantryman being killed in the process.[13] The Indian infantry held fire until the leading Pakistani tanks had approached to 15-30 metres before firing their PIATs.[13] They accounted for the first two tanks on the track with their Jeep-mounted 106 mm M40 recoilless rifle[14], with one of its crew being killed during the combat. This weapon proved quite effective because it was able to engage the thinner top armour of the Pakistani tanks from its elevated position, firing at often stationary bogged down vehicles. In all the post defenders claimed 12 tanks destroyed or damaged. The initial Pakistani attack stalled almost immediately when the infantry discovered the barbed wire which was unseen in the night, and interpreted it to signify a minefield. Firing for the Indian RCL crews was made easier by the flames of fires when the spare fuel tanks on the Pakistani tanks, intended to supplement their internal capacity for the advance to Jaisalmer, exploded, at once providing ample light for Indians located on higher ground, and creating a dense acrid smoke screen at ground level for the Pakistani infantry, adding to the confusion. Two hours were lost as Pakistani sappers were brought up, only to discover there was no minefield. However at this time Pakistani infantry were required to make another attack, from a different direction, but in the dawn light. The Pakistani advance then attempted to surround the post two hours later by vehicles getting off the road, but many vehicles, particularly armoured personnel carriers and tanks, in trying to soften up the Indian defenders before attacking, became bogged in the soft sand of the area surrounding the post. Throughout the engagement Major Chandpuri continued to direct the supporting artillery fire.[13]
Although massively outnumbering the Indian defenders, and having surrounded them, the Pakistani troops were unable to advance over open terrain on a full-moon night[12], under small arms and mortar fire from the outpost. This encouraged the Indians not to give up their strong defensive position, frustrating the Pakistani commanders. As dawn arrived, the Pakistan forces had still not taken the post, and were now having to do so in full daylight.
In the morning the Indian Air Force was finally able to direct some HF-24 Maruts and Hawker Hunter aircraft to assist the post; they were not outfitted with night vision equipment, and so were delayed from conducting combat missions until dawn.[15] With daylight, however, the IAF was able to operate effectively, with the strike aircraft being guided to the targets by the airborne Forward Air Controller (FAC) Major Atma Singh in a HAL Krishak.[16] The Indian aircraft attacked the Pakistani ground troops with the 16 Matra T-10 rockets and 30 mm cannon fire on each aircraft. Without support from the Pakistan Air Force, which was busy elsewhere, the tanks and other armoured vehicles were easy targets for the IAF's Hunters. The range of the 12.7 mm anti-aircraft heavy machine guns mounted on the tanks was limited and therefore ineffective against the Indian jets. Indian air attacks were made easier by the nature of the barren terrain. By noon the next day, the assault ended completely, having cost Pakistan 22 tanks claimed destroyed by aircraft fire, 12 by ground anti-tank fire, and some captured after being abandoned, with a total of 100 vehicles claimed to have been destroyed or damaged in the desert around the post. The Pakistani attack was first halted, and then Pakistani forces were forced to withdraw when AMX-13 Indian tanks from division's cavalry regiment, and the 17th Rajputana Rifles launched their counter-offensive to end the six-hour combat[13]; Longewala had proved to be one of the defining moments in the war.
nash
BRFite

Post by nash »

are we going to see another "BORDER".. :lol: :mrgreen:
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

nash wrote:are we going to see another "BORDER".. :lol: :mrgreen:
With a twist, WSI Dhruv's and the Namica pounding the hell out of them with Nag and HELINA :evil: :evil:

When the hell arjun will fire LAHAT in there a$$ :( :evil: :evil:
aditp
BRFite

Post by aditp »

The Bhishma is outnumbered. Get the ARJUN to the rescue :lol:
nash
BRFite

Post by nash »

with due respect to Mr shankar if above those two things added in the scenario it will be great entertainment :D
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Folks,

Apologies for the delay in the posts but just returned from an out-station visit.

Next post in a few hours.

Thanks.

-Vivek
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

nash wrote:with due respect to Mr shankar if above those two things added in the scenario it will be great entertainment :D

:) It seems like you don't follow Shankar keenly.

He always manage to write whatever we all could least predict.. hence always surprise us, that is his beauty of writing.

So, just hold off, and wait what unexpected thing happen.
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

vivek_ahuja wrote:Folks,

Apologies for the delay in the posts but just returned from an out-station visit.

Thanks.

-Vivek
Thanks for heads up, that makes waiting little less painful :)
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

i require voice actors for my movies.
please if ur intrested record your voice and send to my email "ashdivay AT gmail DOT com"

i want following dialogs recorded

"Target" in a excited voice like u have just seen a round from ur tank hit enemy,

"Maroo"

"Tank Samne , Sabot Maroo"

"Gunner Coaxil troops , Maroo"

"This is UAV command to HQ , Dushman ke tank hamaree aur ah rahi hai"

I will give credit to any one voice if i include them in my movie .

please check ur reconding for clearity . make sure there is no background sound of car horns or babies crying.

zip the file , give it name and email me. make sure all the dialogs are in seperate files.

Regards
Ash
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

Story Recap

Chapter 1: Hunted becomes the hunter, Day 1,
- Peshawar under Siege
Chapter 2: The Tiger Awakens, Day 2,
- Peshawar falls
- Lt Amit and Lt. Punit on their way to covert operations inside TSP
- Corps facing western border start cold war routine
Chapter 3: The Tiger Growls, Day 2,
- Indian PM declares TSP airspace blockade
- Task Forces 1-4 get ready to be deployed
Chapter 4: The Tiger shows its teeth, Day 3
- Indian Ultimatum expires with no apparent action
Last edited by vivek.sharma on 05 May 2009 06:19, edited 1 time in total.
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

Chapter 4 Continued: The Tiger shows its teeth

0812 HRS, 7:42 AM, Mushaf Air Base, Saragodha

Wing Commander Arfat Ali was drinking tea from the same kettle that Wing Commander Zurfaq was supposed to drink when the telephone rang and he got his orders to scramble. He and seven others ran to F-16s that were all fuelled up and ready for combat.

All last minute checks came in ok and Wing Commander Arfat throttled just enough to get the aircraft going out of concrete hanger on to Apron. It was a sunny day, “A good day to have a dog fight” thought Wing Commander Arfat, just as they reached end of the run-way. “Request clearance for take-off” said Wing Commander Arfat. “Delta squad you are good to go. Good luck and good hunting” replied ATC.

Arfat throttled his engines, and soon he was on the specified air speed of 200 knots, and up he went. 10 meters, 20 meters, 30 meters… powerful thrust from the engine was putting the beast in air, wonder of the science ahh!

But just as he hit 50 meters, Arfat noticed that the monitors blinked just for a moment. Before he could react, aircraft has hit 60 meters. Unknown to him, the impregnable wall build by electron dispenser was doing it job rather well. All the electronics in the aircraft were going kaput one by one. The momentum of the powerful jet engines took him another 50 meters up, before Araft could figure out what was happening and that was it. All the electronic circuit based avionics were down and so were the aircraft. To the credit of American training they had, 7 of the pilots bailed out, the 8th pilot went down with his F-16.

Whole Sargodha base burst in activity. Fire engines and ambulances were scrambling to douse the burning wreckage of F-16s, but there was no consolation in their mind. India has delivered what it has promised. The Air blockade was in its place, and Pakistani airspace was not available to aircrafts from the land of pure.

0830 HRS, 8:00 AM, Mushaf Air Base, Saragodha

Wing Commander Zurfaq has a hard decision to make! They will be running out of fuel pretty soon. They can try to go the airbase near Multan but weren’t sure if the Indian blockade will be in effect their or not.

But what other option was there? Saragodha was a suicide waiting to happen. To his relief orders came from ATC to go to Multan airbase and land there.

And so events were set on motion that destroyed another 8 F-16s of the PAF.

0839 HRS, Indian AWACS, somewhere over Ambala.

Commodore Bhasin saw the whole scenario happening comfortably from his command seat in the AWACS and relayed the information back to the command centre. Whole command centre erupted in a muted applause. Muted, because no body was sure what will happen next. Knowing Pakistan, everybody knew they will take more foolish action to escalate the situation.

0840 HRS, 8:10 AM Army Command Centre, Islamabad.

Lt General Liaquat was furious. 16 F-16 lost in space of an hour with no enemy loss. “These Indians need to be taught a lesson” he almost barked at everyone in the room. “I want to see blood spilled and something destroyed. Start moving our forces to Indian border and for god sake throw some missiles at Indians, I want vengeance and lots of it.”

Everybody in the room agreed, not that they had a choice either. And approval from President and Prime minister came soon enough.

0841 HRS, 6:11 PM , Pentagon

General Geoffery could not believe his eyes after he saw the recording of what happened at Saragodha. Admiral Walter of the Airforce was a lot more jumpier “If Indians can do this to F-16s in Pakistan what’s the guarantee that our planes are immune to this” he said to no one in particular. Admiral Bishop from the Navy was worried but he was not showing.

“How can this happen?” said President Obama on the secure Video Conferencing connection and he continued, “They have a weapon that we do not know about? We don’t even know what this thing is, I want answers gentlemen and I want them now.”

Just then the operator delivered a note to President Obama that PM Shastri will be calling in next 5 minutes. “About time”, thought Obama and he walked towards the oval office to take stock of the situation.

When the call came, PM Shastri explained to him what will this embargo entail, and went to great lengths to explain that is NOT a WAR and how the embargo will not affect American operations in Afghanistan. Even though Obama did not believe a word of what PM Shastri told him, but right now there was nothing he could do. "Indians have a trump card, and if they want to make a fool of themselves let them do it, till they reach the nuclear tipping point that is. Till then, let them play their game", thought Obama.

Unknown to him, that was not to be, for Indians were not going to stray across International border to let Pakistan have any excuse.
Last edited by vivek.sharma on 06 May 2009 03:19, edited 3 times in total.
Baljeet
BRFite

Post by Baljeet »

Sharmaji
Very good scenario build up. Keep em coming.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Sharma ji,

Amazing scenario onlee saar :D

Wow I dunno if the scenario that you just writen will ever come true...but if ever this "electron dispenser" comes alive god himself will not be able to help the pakis... :shock:
nmadhav
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nmadhav »

Hi Vivek. Amazing post. Just a minor nitpick. The head of the US Air force is a general and not an admiral.
mikem
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mikem »

Vivek. First let me tell you how much I enjoy reading your scenario.

I would like to bring one point to your attention to make your scenario more realistic and scientifically plausible. This is regarding the range of the Electron Dispenser. I believe that it would require a direct Line of Sight to the target area (due to the curvature of the earth and the radar horizon), especially if it will be targeting the horizontal & vertical plane in airspace and not a specific point on the earth, just like a radar.

The basic formula for Radar Range is:
R(km)= 130 [√(hrkm)+√(htkm)]
Where: R is range in km, hrkm is height of radar in km, htkm is height of target in km.

As per your scenario the F-16’s were brought down at approx 60 mts altitude. For this to be correct the electron dispenser would have to be at a height of 1700 mts to have a range of 215 kms, which is how far the closest international border to India is from Mushraf AFB. Now there is no way that the dispenser will be placed in the immediate vicinity of the border, primarily because topography containing that elevation is not present in the area and secondly it would be a very easy target so close to the IB.

So we have to assume that it is located further away to be able to achieve that height of deployment or the range. You could use this formula to make calculations if the Pakistanis feel like the Wright brothers again. I once again reiterate that I really appreciate your writing and am just trying to help make it as realistic as possible.

Cheers and keep up the great work!!!
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Thanks.

-Vivek
Vivek Sir,
Its been a long wait for your posts... Please give us a dose of the action fast...
Yogesh
BRFite

Post by Yogesh »

vivek.sharma wrote:

“How can these happen?” said President Obama on the secure Video Conferencing connection and he continued, “They have a weapon that we do not know about? We don’t even know what this thing is, I want answers gentlemen and I want them now.”
Guys it would be rarest of the dream coming true !!
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

Guys,

Just wanted to clarify two points that have formed the basis for my ongoing scenario

1) As I said in the beginning, this is just fiction. This scenario may never come true, but then again most of you (except Shankar and Vivek_Ahuja of course!) and certainly I, are not privy to the research that happens at DRDO or any other defense establishment.

2). I firmly believe that technology does not win a war. Technology is just an enabler, whether it is war or business. You have to have boots on the ground. So to that point, technology is just a starter, real victory will be delivered by leaders who know how to use the tools they have and that's where I want to take my scenario.
Last edited by vivek.sharma on 06 May 2009 06:12, edited 1 time in total.
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

Mikem,

I can't tell you how thankful I am to you for providing this formula. I couldn't find anything when I tried.

In any case, two highest points on western side of our border where national grid reaches is Uri (1362 meters) and Poonch (981 meters). This was the reason I chose these two locations when I mentioned placement of electron dispensers in my earlier posts.

Any ways, thanks again for the input. It will certainly help me in calculating the ranges next time a bird tries to leave the land of purrrr, err, I mean land of pure.
Baljeet
BRFite

Post by Baljeet »

Yogesh wrote:
vivek.sharma wrote:

“How can these happen?” said President Obama on the secure Video Conferencing connection and he continued, “They have a weapon that we do not know about? We don’t even know what this thing is, I want answers gentlemen and I want them now.”
Guys it would be rarest of the dream coming true !!
Yogesh for once believe in our boys, this dream is for once closer to reality than expected, only missing piece is strong political leadership.
Mikem that was one good post with accurate information. Sharmaji your choice of having this weapon system in Uri Sector does make sense, if our kishanganga project materialize we will have enough power to use this weapon. One of things that work for our advantage is we are so accustomed to "not having electricity during scorching summers" entire nation wouldn't be complaining if this type of weapon ever came on line and sucked up power to destroy enemies
mikem
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mikem »

Baljeet wrote:
One of things that work for our advantage is we are so accustomed to "not having electricity during scorching summers" entire nation wouldn't be complaining if this type of weapon ever came on line and sucked up power to destroy enemies
Complain, Hell NO!!

To bring down 1/3rd of the Pukies F-16 fleet, I would personally get on a bicycle powered generator and pedal till my legs cramp up to add every last watt I can to the grid!!!!

Thanks to vivek.sharma the Pukie Air Farce can now disband both the 9sqn "Griffins" & the 11sqn "Arrows".
Speaking of "Arrows", aren't these those long things we shoot up and then they fall back to earth??
vivek.sharma has done justice to the squadron helping them live up to their name. :rotfl:
aditp
BRFite

Post by aditp »

Bala Vignesh wrote:

Thanks.

-Vivek
Vivek Sir,
Its been a long wait for your posts... Please give us a dose of the action fast...

Ahujaji, we didnt know that a few hours is actually more than 24 hrs.
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

^^^

Time dilation, buddy :)
Samay
BRFite

Post by Samay »

Although off topic, but I consider it necessary to discuss a possible military scenario with changing situations in Nepal. The maoists are already controlling the country and now chinks want them to penetrate in the RNA to control it , so that sooner or later it is converted into a hindu pakistan against India.
What scenario will it make ,suppose that the chinese open up a new front of attack on India during a border war,using the RNA, creating a scenario within a scenario,making a gorkha fight a gorkha,.... :-o ,making cracks in Indian army attack units,disturbing the momentum .......it is becoming more interesting as it is thought on how china will use nepal in a war, and how to cope it ,supposing that nepal turns against India,this possibility should not be neglected on historical grounds, nepalise are poisoned more and more against India on daily basis....
anyone?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

aditp wrote:.............

Ahujaji, we didnt know that a few hours is actually more than 24 hrs.
guys, we all want people like vivek and shankar to post "every hour on the hour". but do consider that they have responsible and demanding day jobs, on top of that vivek is also writing a book, not to mention contribute articles to BR's in house security affairs journal SRR.
please give them some breathing space.
vivek.sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek.sharma »

Baljeet,

To add to the points you mentioned, in case of action like this we will need electricity more for the industries then for creature comforts.

That's another rationale for doing this scenario in January time frame. I think cold weather is easier to bear then the heat of June. In addition, cold weather will make sure Chinese think at least four times before they begin any action on our eastern front due to the logistics involved.

But then again if China starts moving its forces in January, we should have enough warning owing to the slow progress due to snow and other physical factors.

In any case, for the scenario, if Peshawar falls China will have to worry about terrorism in its eastern provinces. So I am assuming China will let the game play till its interests are hurt. Same goes for the US, if Peshawar falls, they may not want to take any action, and will be more open to a third party cleaning up the mess for them. I know many of these points may be contentious but hey, I am the one writing the story, so allow me to make some assumptions.

As Mohan aptly pointed out Rushdie's quote, "A book is a version of world. If you do not like it ignore it; or offer your own version in return."

In any case, many thanks to all of you for the points you have made and input you have delivered. Keep them coming, it makes writing more interesting and interactive.