Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - November 06, 2009

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - November 06, 2009

Post by anupmisra »

Gagan wrote:
vishal wrote:Boom boom time in Karachi
Tweeting Pakis say mob setting vehicles on fire & attacking cops.
Meter climbs to 20.
Karachi boils over soon after Zardari meets Altaf? Get the popcorn and beer out.
The unmentionable deaf 'n' dumb fora is, er..., gone dumbfounded.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Hari Seldon wrote:Great article and analogies above by Sri Irfan Husain. Good read.
For health reasons, this guy lives in Sri Lanka (!!!) and the yUK.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

anupmisra wrote:
The unmentionable deaf 'n' dumb fora is, er..., gone dumbfounded.
I opened a can of Bud typed the url only to find the forum has gone Kaboom :cry:

Anyway I fully support MQM on this one
Jiye Altaf
Jiye Bhutto
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

anupmisra wrote:
Hari Seldon wrote:Great article and analogies above by Sri Irfan Husain. Good read.
For health reasons, this guy lives in Sri Lanka (!!!) and the yUK.
Hmmm, no wonder he seems quite clear-sighted about what is wrong with TSP. Ardeshir Cowasjee was one of the few who lived in TSP and could, muddledly, call out its warts.

Jiye Sindh! Jiye Mohajir-stan! Jai Ho.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Hari Seldon wrote:^^Great article and analogies above by Sri Irfan Husain. Good read.

Far from growing up the packees have been growing down only.

And yup, I fully expect someone or the other to point out how such tendencies exist in India also, etc.
Of course not! Such tendencies do not exist in India. Not even in the 15% of the population that is viewed as a potential problem.
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

Gagan wrote:
vishal wrote:Boom boom time in Karachi
Tweeting Pakis say mob setting vehicles on fire & attacking cops.
Meter climbs to 20.
Karachi boils over soon after Zardari meets Altaf?

Get the popcorn and beer out.
Does anyone else struggle with the thought that we celebrate IED mubarak everyday here on BRF, does loss of human life not mean anything. I wish that Pukistan would self destruct, yet at the same time feel it is wrong to celebrate IED mubarak. By celebrating IED mubarak, aren't we behaving as pakis ?. I am sure this topic has been discussed in the past...
dipak
BRFite

Post by dipak »

A_Gupta wrote:
Hari Seldon wrote:^^Great article and analogies above by Sri Irfan Husain. Good read.

Far from growing up the packees have been growing down only.

And yup, I fully expect someone or the other to point out how such tendencies exist in India also, etc.
Of course not! Such tendencies do not exist in India. Not even in the 15% of the population that is viewed as a potential problem.
A_Gupta ji, probably you missed the sarcasm in Hari's post, :wink:
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

In pictures: Karachi march attacked
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/8432676.stm?
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Jeeve jeeve Sindh...

The TS of P should immediately put an end to the brutal occupation of azad Sindhudesh. Phreedom...... :D
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Guddu wrote:Does anyone else struggle with the thought that we celebrate IED mubarak everyday here on BRF, does loss of human life not mean anything. I wish that Pukistan would self destruct, yet at the same time feel it is wrong to celebrate IED mubarak. By celebrating IED mubarak, aren't we behaving as pakis ?. I am sure this topic has been discussed in the past...
I cannot celebrate or gloat. And in whatever shape or form, the people of that land will remain neighbors of India. The truth is that the Pakistanis have brought this upon themselves, and there is absolutely nothing we can do. *** Oh, Pakistan will become what it wished to be - an exemplar for Muslims everywhere. Except in the negative sense - what not to do! an exemplar of what happens in practice, when in the words of this SAAG writer, this happens:
...the relentless shift in the focus of Islamists from the five pillars of the faith – Kalama, Namaj, Roza, Zakat and Haz to the obligation and rewards of Jihad.
*** My blog Even otherwise sane people in the West think that our description of Pakistan is merely self-serving propaganda. What chance of convincing Pakistanis they are on the wrong path?
Muns
BRFite

Post by Muns »

Does anyone else struggle with the thought that we celebrate IED mubarak everyday here on BRF, does loss of human life not mean anything. I wish that Pukistan would self destruct, yet at the same time feel it is wrong to celebrate IED mubarak. By celebrating IED mubarak, aren't we behaving as pakis ?. I am sure this topic has been discussed in the past...
Guddu, i'm coming to realize that we as a people are very symbolic. A lot of things in India on the face of it might seem strange on outward viewing or reading. Usually there's a deeper meaning behind it...that gives a clearer understanding. For all Indian's life is precious, indeed we are wired to recognise the divine in every being and we feel empathy for those lost.

Yet these IED's represent a explosion to Pakistan shaky concrete beliefs. It's belief that Islam can only be the foundation for it's existence. That it's ideology provides a superior belief and that all actions in blinding faith need not have any moral sanction that what Islam dictates. All dharmic actions (actions of least harm and righteousness) are thrown out of the window in the face of Islam.
Dar ul Harb. Jiziya. Taqiyya. Takfir. Dhimmi. Tawhid. Jihad. It's these very ideals that get blown away when we see the almost daily occurence of IED's. That and for most Indians a recognition that the laws of Karma apply to all...even nations. For all those actions of harm that pakistan has inflicted on India and continues to do so, we recognise that even nations have a debt to pay in the murder of thousands of Indians.
That it's continued hate against Kufr can pay no positive outcome for it's future.

I'm off rambling again...but for me, it's these ideals that are blown up everytime a IED explodes and hence the celebration.
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

==DELETED==

Sorry for the offence committed! :oops: :oops:
Last edited by KrishG on 28 Dec 2009 23:48, edited 2 times in total.
Sriman
BRFite
Location: Committee for the Promotion of Vice and the Prevention of Virtue

Post by Sriman »

Krish, posting that link is haraam. Request you to edit it out..
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

KrishG wrote:Bakistani Defence Forum IED Mubarak !!

[Edited]

Somebody has hacked and brought down the forum! Must be a YYY conspiracy! :(( :(( :((
nice, now some jokers would blame it on some unknown people over here and DoS attacks will follow. :roll:
What do people gain by this is beyond me.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Pakistan bombing kills 30 at Shiite procession
A suicide bombing targeting a Shiite Muslim procession in Pakistan's largest city of Karachi killed 30 people and wounded dozens more Monday, as Shiites across the country marked the key holy day of Ashoura.
Violence broke out in the aftermath of the bombing, with shots fired into the air and outraged Shiites hurling stones at security forces who had been guarding the march for their failure to prevent it.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

James B wrote:Pakistan bombing kills 30 at Shiite procession
A suicide bombing targeting a Shiite Muslim procession in Pakistan's largest city of Karachi killed 30 people and wounded dozens more Monday, as Shiites across the country marked the key holy day of Ashoura.
Violence broke out in the aftermath of the bombing, with shots fired into the air and outraged Shiites hurling stones at security forces who had been guarding the march for their failure to prevent it.
Sridharsaar what is your take on this? I assume this was a Muharram procession. Dont they usually have some form of Shia-Sunni clashes during this procession? Is this incident any different or Is Pakiban using this event for spreading general mayhem?
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Any Sindh experts here? Any idea what is the shia % in paki sindh

Would also appreciate some info on shia pashtuns.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

muraliravi wrote:Any Sindh experts here? Any idea what is the shia % in paki sindh

Would also appreciate some info on shia pashtuns.
It would be interesting to see a whole Paki map with Shia areas shaded. The blast in POK (though may not be a shia one) a couple of days back also bring this to forefront.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

KrishG wrote:Bakistani Defence Forum IED Mubarak !!

[Edited]

Somebody has hacked and brought down the forum! Must be a YYY conspiracy! :(( :(( :((
everytime I visit paki defence forum I see it full of Indians. This is beyond me. Why would an indian (so many indians!) want to post on paki site? that too without taunting or sarcastic... :roll:
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

IMO this does NOT appear to be a TTP sponsered event. TTP has so far kept its response to TSPA confined to Punjab and NWFP.

This is just some good old fashioned sunni vs. shia IED mubarak thing.

reason for EDIT: "NOT" was missing from the original post.
Last edited by Dipanker on 28 Dec 2009 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Dipanker wrote:IMO this does appear to be a TTP sponsered event. TTP has so far kept its response to TSPA confined to Punjab and NWFP.

Not clear. The reason you might right is because TTP restrained attacking Karachi because of the bulk of its leadership is in Karachi !

The reason it is muddied is because TTP might be using LEJ as a vehicle to gain influence in the "heartland".

In any case "Sarkari Jihadis" were used in Afghanistan for afghan jihad as well as in Karachi/Gilgit-Baltistan to teach shias a lesson. These fellows are really one and the same.

There are also other angles to be explored. Is this a warning shot across Zardari's bow ? (His chamchas gave interviews a few days back about how after BB's death Pakistan would have split up due to Sindh nationalism, but didnt because of Zardari's magnanimity). Maybe it is the Punjabis showing the Sindhis who wears the pants.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Ummah brother Iran will not be amused by this IEDology against shias for sure. hmm...
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

All i have to say about whats going in land of milk & honey is Burn baby Burn
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

Dilbu wrote:Ummah brother Iran will not be amused by this IEDology against shias for sure. hmm...
Iran is in domestic turmoil at the present time so I doubt they would care much about paki machinations against Shias in TSP.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Anujan wrote:
Dipanker wrote:IMO this does appear to be a TTP sponsered event. TTP has so far kept its response to TSPA confined to Punjab and NWFP.

Not clear. The reason you might right is because TTP restrained attacking Karachi because of the bulk of its leadership is in Karachi !

The reason it is muddied is because TTP might be using LEJ as a vehicle to gain influence in the "heartland".

In any case "Sarkari Jihadis" were used in Afghanistan for afghan jihad as well as in Karachi/Gilgit-Baltistan to teach shias a lesson. These fellows are really one and the same.

There are also other angles to be explored. Is this a warning shot across Zardari's bow ? (His chamchas gave interviews a few days back about how after BB's death Pakistan would have split up due to Sindh nationalism, but didnt because of Zardari's magnanimity). Maybe it is the Punjabis showing the Sindhis who wears the pants.
I just realized that the first sentence in my post should have read "IMO this does NOT appear to be a TTP sponsered event." I corrected my original post. In light of my EDIt if you would like to change your commentary, please feel free! Though I think you have based your commentary based on the assumption that I had forgot the "NOT" part, and thus do not need to make any change to your comment.
Ananya
BRFite

Post by Ananya »

Fox released this live feed of the blast .

http://video.foxnews.com/12902482/suicide-bomb-blast
Ananya
BRFite

Post by Ananya »

ashura phto snippets.

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Shiites-s ... 373815.jpg

This is pretty crazy even infants are not spared should this not be banned atleast on infants ???.

this may be OT but worth metioning
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Deleted :)
Last edited by Jarita on 29 Dec 2009 03:37, edited 1 time in total.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Actually both of you should edit your posts before more friendly fire occurs
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://thenews.jang.com.pk/updates.asp?id=94695
Death toll at Karachi Ashura procession blast hits 40
KARACHI – Khursheed Abbasi: The death tally, in suicide blast at the mourning procession in connection with Ashura – 10th Muharram, has mounted to 40 people while as many as another 95 unfortunate persons sustained wounds here at MA Jinnah Road in Karachi on Monday, Geo news reported.

According to MLO Civil Hospital Dr. Karrar Hussain, a total number of 38 dead bodies have been deposited at hospital so far.

The blast struck the city’s main Ashura procession when the suicide bomber blew himself up near Light House at MA Jinnah Road, killing initially at least 32 people and wounding 80 more.

More than 400 shops and over 50 vehicles were set on fire by the enraged mob in different parts of the metropolis
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

Strat snippets, FWIW re: the karachi bombings
"Attacks such as the ones over the past three days are designed to trigger Shia-Sunni sectarian violence as well ethnic clashes between the Muhajirs, who have traditionally ruled Karachi and urban areas of Sindh province, and a sizable Pashtun minority that has migrated to the city from northwestern Pakistan. Protests and riots resulting from the Dec. 28 suicide bombing are an indication of what to expect should attacks continue."
"militants have begun shifting their targets farther south in recent weeks, with Islamist militants striking in Multan on Dec. 9 and in Dera Ghazi Khan on Dec. 15. This string of violence is the first indication that attacks have spread to Pakistan’s southern port. The presence of Islamist militants in Karachi is a long-known fact, but groups such as Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan and their proxies in Karachi, such as Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, have not yet exploited their assets there".
"Karachi’s government, which is dominated by a single political party — the Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) — has a tight grip over the city and engages in its own violent tactics to maintain control. The emergence of a competing force such as a militant Islamist movement threatens the MQM, and likely will elicit a strong response. MQM leader Altaf Hussain appealed for a strengthening of Karachi’s government following the attacks in order to handle militant threats on its own, a clear illustration of how the MQM could use these attacks to protect its turf and even try to further enhance its power over Karachi.

While the fallout from recent attacks has led to mild protests (something Karachi and its local government are used to), they likely could have been much worse, had militants struck earlier in the month of Muharram and maintained an aggressive tempo. The fact that militants struck only at the end of the mourning period demonstrates an operational limitation on their ability to carry out a longer campaign in Karachi – something that they have been able to do farther north and west."
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

:roll: :
Ahmed Quraishi
29 Dec 2009

Blame India For Karachi Terror

New clues emerge: Suicide attacks against Pakistani Shias in Karachi and Kashmir are unprecedented. There have been no sectarian or suicide attacks in Kashmir before. The attack in Karachi is the first major sectarian assault in five years. The attack in Karachi is the work of Indians. It cripples Pakistan's business hub, it aims at a civil war between Pakistanis, it puts Pakistani military on the defensive, it strengthens America's intention of invading Pakistan, it reinforces US propaganda that war is in Pakistan and not Afghanistan. The Indian role here is critical. India is responsible for poisoning the Afghan well for the Americans and for everyone else. India is the missing part in the story of how US blundered in Afghanistan. ..................................

International Analyst Network
Muns
BRFite

Post by Muns »

Pakistanis recount horror of suicide attacks
Two Pakistanis who have lost loved ones in recent suicide attacks share their stories and describe the impact terror has had on their lives.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8408684.stm
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

A_Gupta wrote: Even otherwise sane people in the West think that our description of Pakistan is merely self-serving propaganda.
Of course, Cohen is by no means a stable character, but as an influential member of American thinking on the affairs of the Indian subcontinent, he is a voice that needs to be carefully watched. This is what he has written in his book "Emerging power INDIA": . . . a multireligious Pakistan having issues with a predominantly Hindu India. Isn't that a deviant scoundrallish representation of facts ?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

SSridhar wrote:
A_Gupta wrote: Even otherwise sane people in the West think that our description of Pakistan is merely self-serving propaganda.
Of course, Cohen is by no means a stable character, but as an influential member of American thinking on the affairs of the Indian subcontinent, he is a voice that needs to be carefully watched. This is what he has written in his book "Emerging power INDIA": . . . a multireligious Pakistan having issues with a predominantly Hindu India. Isn't that a deviant scoundrallish representation of facts ?

Cohen has a history of speaking that way. Hindus are bigots and the Pakistani army is secular. Cohen has been bought off by RAPE.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

BijuShet wrote:I assume this was a Muharram procession. Dont they usually have some form of Shia-Sunni clashes during this procession? Is this incident any different or Is Pakiban using this event for spreading general mayhem?
SSP (Sipah-Saheba-e-Pakistan) is rightly called the Mother of all terrorist tanzeems in the Punjab. Sectarianism and terrorism are inseparably entwined in Pakistan. That's why the Punjabi Taliban who are Sunni Deobandi and the LeT (Ahl-e-Hadees) are completely aligned with the Al Qaeda (Wahhabi/Salafi). The Shi'a are not the ones to take things lying down either in Pakistan. They have their own outfits (Tariq-e-Nifaz-e-Fiqh-e-Jaafaaria or TNFJ, Sipah-e-Mohammad or SM etc.)

On Aug. 17, 2009, SSP's chief Allama Ali Sher Hyderi was assassinated in a gruesome manner, obviously by Shi'a, at Khairpur, Sind. There was widespread violence in Karachi, the SSP stronghold. He was the fourth chief of SSP to be assassinated since SSP was formed in the 80s. IMHO, this suicide attack in Karachi yesterday is retaliation for his death. We can expect a Shi'a backlash sometime later.

I no longer make distinction among Al Qaeda, Afghan Taliban, Pakistani Pashtun Taliban, the Punjabi Taliban and the LeT. They are all one and the same today. I prefer the AQAM (Al Qaeda and Allied Movements) terminology. They all have the same worldview
  • Spreading a violently puritanical takfiri brand of Islam
  • Liquidation of murtad Ahmeddiya and munafiq Shi'a
  • Defeating the Axis of Evil which is Yahud-Hunud-Nasara
  • Establishing the Caliphate
So, each such attack will reinforce one or the other of the above.

On another note, this attack was quite similar to the LTTE suicide attack sometime back where also the suicide bomber was walking along with the processionists. That was also graphically captured.
chilarai
BRFite

Post by chilarai »

meanwhile tarrel than oceans friend executes pakborn brit

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8433285.stm
A British man convicted of drug smuggling in China has been executed, the Foreign Office has confirmed.
the paki link needed to be googled.

from wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akmal_Shaikh
Akmal Shaikh (5 April 1956 - 29 December 2009[2]) was a British national, born in Pakistan, who was convicted and executed in the People's Republic of China for drug trafficking. Opponents of his execution claim he suffered from mental illness and was tricked into carrying drugs. Shaikh was the first national of a European Union country to be executed in China in over 50 years.[3]
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Opponents of his execution claim he suffered from mental illness and was tricked into carrying drugs. Shaikh was the first national of a European Union country to be executed in China in over 50 years.
What is it with Pakis and getting tricked into everything? :-?

They get tricked into joining the "Jihad" against USSR, they get tricked into sending "non state actors" to India, US, UK and virtually the entire world, they get tricked into becoming kingpins of the drug trade etc etc.

Wonder if there is something they do without getting tricked?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

In Pakistan's uncertainty, all eyes on the Sindhi topi
Excerpts
A day after the full-bench struck down the NRO, the Sindh Assembly passed a unanimous resolution reposing confidence in the leadership of President Zardari, and recommending to the government that December 6 should be observed as the “Sindhi Topi and Ajrak Day” every year.

In a session that was spread over six hours without a single break, legislator after legislator in the provincial assembly stood up to make emotional speeches, condemning what they described as a conspiracy against Mr. Zardari, and said he was being targeted as he was a Sindhi.

“Enough is enough. Sindh is not going to receive any more dead bodies lying down,” one legislator declared on the floor of the house, recalling that the province had already made its share of sacrifices for democracy in the deaths of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto and Benazir Bhutto.
derkonig
BRFite
Location: Jeering sekular forces bhile Furiously malishing my mijjile @ Led Lips Mijjile Malish Palish Parloul

Post by derkonig »

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/china-execut ... ml?from=tn
Brown last week asked China not to execute Shaikh, who was born in Pakistan and moved to Britain as a boy.
AoA,
I hope this atrocity on momeen get proper publicity in bakstan...