Telangana Monitor

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Sarma
BRFite

Re: Telangana Monitor

Post by Sarma »

I am thoroughly disappointed with the attitude of the Andhra Pradesh BJP unit, and more so with that of ABVP. Shame on these people, and particularly on Sushma Swaraj, who declared in Hyderabad that the people of non-Telangana areas have NO right to aspire for a united AP. Is this what a national leader of a national party is supposed to say, that is nearly 6 crore people have no collective right to want something? While BJP can have a stand on a particular issue, what right do they have to say that 6crore people do not have a similar right. What all BJP was supposed to say as a purportedly "nationalist" party, today MIM's Akbaruddin said in the Assembly.

Well, I am glad that the only other BJP MLA from Nizamabad resigned like a fool. This time he will not even secure his deposit in the by-election.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Apparantly Joshuajohn-ji or the others he refers to do not study (or depend upon) the data before making the "Small states are better" hypothesis.

Below is the correlation, if any, maps between state per capita GDP (if that is what they mean by 'better') and various other factors (especially AREA and POPULATION) that our beloved Chidu wants to use in splitting AP, Bihar, and UP, but not Tamil Nadu.

I used the data I posted previously to make these graphs. And the source of this data is wiki/CIA-Factbook.

Scale: Left - Per Capita income Right - Pop. Density / Population / Area
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Sarma wrote:I am thoroughly disappointed with the attitude of the Andhra Pradesh BJP unit, and more so with that of ABVP. Shame on these people, and particularly on Sushma Swaraj, who declared in Hyderabad that the people of non-Telangana areas have NO right to aspire for a united AP. Is this what a national leader of a national party is supposed to say, that is nearly 6 crore people have no collective right to want something? While BJP can have a stand on a particular issue, what right do they have to say that 6crore people do not have a similar right. What all BJP was supposed to say as a purportedly "nationalist" party, today MIM's Akbaruddin said in the Assembly.

Well, I am glad that the only other BJP MLA from Nizamabad resigned like a fool. This time he will not even secure his deposit in the by-election.
Here is video I found of the speech in Assembly by MIM leader. He sounds like a true Nationalist versus AP BJP leaders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9c2GAs6m2k
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

We are talking about parties that gain four to five seats from old city. One is trying to gain the fruits of division and the other trying to save lives after division.

Let us talk about the one who created all the mess after two grand victories. :)
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Muppala garu,

That is their strength. They have the right agents to divert any topic/discussion/issue to thier enemies. Be it the above w.r.t telangana or nayar w.r.t pune blasts etc.,
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

RamaY wrote:Muppala garu,

That is their strength. They have the right agents to divert any topic/discussion/issue to thier enemies. Be it the above w.r.t telangana or nayar w.r.t pune blasts etc.,
Could you see the problem here? Me being an open supporter of BJP trying to avoid this topic. All the political parties played the game of chicken and to be fair to Telangana folks they got cheated one more time whoever are the players.

INC - Played both sides of the Chiken game and it is the one which created mess on the issue of Telangana ever since 1950. I don't need to write chronologically here as every one knows.

BJP - Irrelevant in AP and also at center at this time. Correct or incorrect strategy, they were the only folks who are consistent (even more than TRS)

TRS - just a prostitute and slept with TDP, INC and every one around. Several times split and ready to sell out any time to highest bidder and makes nuisance statements.

TDP - Though at heart does not want a split they accepted for it offically during 2009 elections. Assumed that they can play the game of chicken and avoid it actually.

Now you go back all the pages here. Political arguments by some folks who do not want the state to be split will not wait to call all kinds of names against the irrelevant-BJP and TRS. Who are the masters here. The hipocracy is that those folks who blame BJP cannot even tell politically why even this state has come? Double standards at the higest level.

I support Sushma's statement. I read politics more deeply than a lot others ( I don't care if someone doesn't agree). If INC proceeds with Telangana, UPA is going to fall. They know the background manthan. For them there is nothing to lose and there is everything to gain if INC falls. That is all they are concentrating as they are not even on the fringes of AP.

The style is like this. For BJP to be Nationalists they have to be gold. The whole damn mess is created by INC in AP. They started of with Volkwagon mess and now with entire division mess. Here we have great posters who comes out only whenever there is chance to blame BJP while trying find some great-spin/logic to not even pass a passing remark about INC.

It is too funny we call TRS all the names. We criticize KCR everything but when it comes Rajmata or Rajkumar or the central INC leaders a lot of silence.

If you ask me I will not even criticise TRS as they are nothing and playing the game per the INC masters.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

The students are attempting to gherao the Assembly.

Police fears that terrorists (Maoists) may have mingled with them!

What a smozzle!
AjayKK
BRFite

Post by AjayKK »

RayC wrote:The students are attempting to gherao the Assembly.

Police fears that terrorists (Maoists) may have mingled with them!

What a smozzle!
Seems a situation is being manufactured to steer the consensus towards a win win situation for the "people" involved..

Meanwhile,

Telangana panel wants Your view on statehood
Hyderabad: The Justice B N Srikrishna committee on Telangana on Saturday issued a notice seeking views and suggestions from the public, political parties and local organisations on the contentious separate statehood issue.

The notice published in all major English dailies in New Delhi and in Telugu, Hindi, English and Urdu newspapers in Andhra Pradesh said the views and suggestions should be sent within 30 days.

"On receipt of the views and suggestions and after examination of the issues, the Committee will hold wide ranging consultations with political parties, concerned associations and groups and civil society organisations as indicated in the Terms of Reference before submitting its report," it said.

The views and suggestions can be in the form of memorandum and letters, the notice issued by the panel's Member-Secretary Vinod K Duggal said.
Here is the ad and the postal address. Link

Mail your "feedback" to "Vinod K Duggal , Member Secretary, BN Srikrishna Commission" at vkduggal.ccsap AT mha.gov.in
(Don't be too harsh on you know who.)
AjayKK
BRFite

Post by AjayKK »

We will protect Andhras: MIM
The All-India Majlis Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) will protect the people of Andhra and Rayalaseema living in Hyderabad, the party’s floor leader in the Assembly Akbaruddin Owaisi has declared.
YSR used to control MIM and portrayed his unwillingness by sending MIM folks to Dilli. Now, who controls them? Though it is hard to believe that people who dominate Shias, persecute Ahmaddiyas and bleat "Hindu Telangana will haunt us" will "protect" people.

Youth attempts self-immolation at OU campus

http://beta.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... 110111.ece
Tension escalated on the Osmania University campus after a youngster set himself ablaze when the police foiled attempts of the students to take out a rally to the State Assembly on Saturday afternoon.

The student, later identified as S. Yadagiri, (19) has suffered nearly 70 per cent burns. His condition is critical.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

BJP in AP is just like TRS. At least in case of TRS they may be earning haftha from Hyderabad people. But BJP is totally mindless and stupid. There is no voice for any BJP worker from costal or Rayalaseema areas in AP leadership. It is fully in the hands of Telangana people. V Naidu is out of AP picture for long and in his village 7 people voted for BJP in the last elections. They are under mistaken impression that they will come into power in T State soon after the division. It is not new of the BJP to be over confident.

The central leadership of BJP is totally clueless as for as AP situation is concerned. ( not that they are any better on other issues at present) Parties like CPM said their bit and kept quite. BJP central leadership is doing all the drama and treating non telangana people like Bangladesh Immigrants or worst.

TDP and Congress played double game well and remained strong in entire AP. For example TDP and Congress have not spoken about T during recent municipal elections in Greater Hyderabad city. They know that there is lot of people in the city who does not like it. BJP is strong in the city and yet it risked all that now. I love to see how Kishan Reddy of BJP will fare from next Himayath Nagar assembly seat election. I lived in that area and it has lot of non Telangana people who are now very very angry with his over action. These are the people solidly voted for BJP many times. Now they will sure desert BJP. In fact I don't think he has put down his papers.

In costal areas many BJP local leaders are taking part in the agitations against the division. But the central and state level leaders are not ready to accommodate their views in the party policy.

On todays agitation - there are always dramatic actions taking place to create lot of tension. Remember how Venugopal Reddy's suicide in Jan to restart the agitation. Till now we do not know how he has died. There are lot of gaps in the reports we read on papers. Now this boy said to be student burned himself. There are reports that he is working in some small hotel and not a student. He is also SC itseems. So more political milage. It is not hard to imagine who are the leaders playing with the lifes of people. No one from any leaders family has died till date. But lot of people have to committed "suicide" This drama of people committing suicide is started at the time of YSR 's death. Now it is continuing in these agitations. If TRS is to be believed some 300+ people mostly students have committed suicide. Of course no proof is there for that no which is increasing as the days pass on.
Sarma
BRFite

Post by Sarma »

I feel sad to say this. But, these suicides and suicide attempts have turned into a big tamasha. Every time somebody either commits or attempts suicide in a T-district, it ignites mindless violence, property destruction and arson. This culture of deifying and glorifying suicides in the T-districts has to stop, and the T-politicians are using these suicides as pressure tactics. Already, TRS is using this nonsense to pressurize those MLAs who haven't resigned.

It is a less-recognized fact that nearly 400 people have died in the 1972 "Jai Andhra" agitation. But, nobody is glorifying those deaths for political purposes, as is being done with the so-called "martyrs" of the 1969 T-agitation. There have been a few "suicides" in the non-T districts too, but have never resulted in violence and arson.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Nalamotu Chakravarthy has started a blog and there a a lot of articles from Jan onwards. Good for history readers.

Telangana Demand is not over 50 year old
Separatist leaders and intellectuals often claim that people’s desire for a separate Nizam Telangana state is over 50 years. These claims being made by the separatists are untrue. To the contrary, it is the vast majority of Telugu people’s desire for Vishalandhra that is over 50 years old.

The movement for a Telugu state started in 1903-04 with the formation of Young Men’s Literary Association in Guntur. This association developed a map of Andhradesa that included Telugu-speaking provinces of Madras Presidency, Central Provinces, Nizam dominions, and the Mysore state.

In 1912, when Congress Party leaders held their 21st Krishna-Guntur district conference, members of the literary association proposed: “…to agitate first for the formation of a province for the Andhras comprising the coastal and Ceded districts and that later they could add the five contiguous eastern Telugu districts in the Nizam’s dominions and the Telugu-speaking areas in the Central Provinces.”

As a result of these efforts, the “Father of the Andhra Movement” Sri Konda Venkatapayya undertook the task of leading the movement for a separate state. Andhra Mahasabha was born as a result of these grassroots efforts. The organization held its first meeting in Bapatla in 1913. In addition to 2000 visitors, 800 delegates from Kosta, Seema, Nagpur, Warangal, and Hyderabad attended the conference.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Muppala garu,

I completely agree with you on that ONLY BJP party showed honesty and integrity in this entire episode. Irrespective of whether on agrees with their position or not, Kudos to them for being consistent in today's political arena.

That said, a national party like INC and BJP has to be adept at consensus building. That means it should have enough levers “outside” the party especially in small political parties, media and administrations. I really admire INC’s capability in this area, irrespective of my distaste for their means as well as ends. BJP has to go a long way if it wants to be true alternative to INC.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Narayana Rao wrote:BJP in AP is just like TRS. At least in case of TRS they may be earning haftha from Hyderabad people. But BJP is totally mindless and stupid. There is no voice for any BJP worker from costal or Rayalaseema areas in AP leadership. It is fully in the hands of Telangana people. V Naidu is out of AP picture for long and in his village 7 people voted for BJP in the last elections. They are under mistaken impression that they will come into power in T State soon after the division. It is not new of the BJP to be over confident.

The central leadership of BJP is totally clueless as for as AP situation is concerned. ( not that they are any better on other issues at present) Parties like CPM said their bit and kept quite. BJP central leadership is doing all the drama and treating non telangana people like Bangladesh Immigrants or worst.

TDP and Congress played double game well and remained strong in entire AP. For example TDP and Congress have not spoken about T during recent municipal elections in Greater Hyderabad city. They know that there is lot of people in the city who does not like it. BJP is strong in the city and yet it risked all that now. I love to see how Kishan Reddy of BJP will fare from next Himayath Nagar assembly seat election. I lived in that area and it has lot of non Telangana people who are now very very angry with his over action. These are the people solidly voted for BJP many times. Now they will sure desert BJP. In fact I don't think he has put down his papers.
Narayana Rao Garu, I read your posts with interest but I respectfully differ from the drift that you take. You are showing anger here completely on those who are agtating for Telangana openly and being soft on the real culprits. Count you posts regarding criticism of TRS, BJP Vs INC and you will get what I am saying.

Even if there are only say 20% of Telangana region who wants separate Telangana, there will be some form of TRS trying to represent that 20%. We all know for the record irrespective of double games that INC as a party decided on Dec 9th to seperate Telangana and retracted back after doing some of their political calculation. They created the mess and that is a fact.

Educated and analytical person who are on the side of Samikyandhra should show anger on who (INC) created the mess on not on the tools (TRS) used. Here the funny part is for every few posts we comeback keep writing reams about how many cars are damaged, how many "settlers" are hecled etc, etc. Greater Hyderabad is by the way 70 lakh population and 0.0000000001% of folks are hecled or some slight headache was created. I am not trying to be soft on the TRS here but we are just extremely over concentrating while the 99% of people are living with life as usual.

I will take an example from your Himayatnagar constituency ( atleast five of my close relatives live here). Ok fine by showing off that "I hate BJP becasue Krishna Reddy supported Telangana..." what will exactly happen? You will not vote or out of anger you will vote to who? INC or T-TDP or MIM-Razakars. What is your option? Who will win and most possibly MIM will win there when Hindu votes are divided on Settlers Vs. Telanganites.

TDP and INC are fine even though they played the double game. But BJP is damn dirty filthy because they said we support Telangana is the drift here. By the way TDP did lip service and INC lit the fires. So they are fine but when it comes to TRS who are playing the game written and played by INC the caption is "Oh my God the !@#@!$@!#@!# are worse than Musharaf, Pakis etc. etc."

Political bottomline from my view is:
Both the regions voted to INC on caste/religious lines and "vested interests line" (Government employees voted to INC to save corruption and personal clout) and as far as Telangana is concerned they expected that no one will bell the cat.

For the ardent non-Telangana INC supporter, Sonia and Rahul are from a great family and they will never ditch AP and Andhras. Now they delivered hardest blow and stirred the psyche. Inspite of coming to reality and criticise the real culprits the anger gets drifted to TRS and other fringes who has no handle or no-role.

See Amatya Kartikeyan (also called as Amatya Rakshas) in Chanakya TV serial. He just cannot digest that Dhananand is wrong. He keeps on finding fault with the movement to overthrow Dhananand of Magadh till the end when everything is so visible. He is well educated and upright Prime Minister.

I hate to say this to my own tribe but I will. Most of well educated and well to do folks in AP ( especially coastal region origin) are replicas of Amatya Kartikeyan. That includes my FIL. They keep on directing their anger and focus to something which is not the real reason becasue they cannot digest that what they supported is the real devil.
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

Muppalla wrote:They keep on directing their anger and focus to something which is not the real reason becasue they cannot digest that what they supported is the real devil.
Thanks Muppalla ji !! If people want justice then they should learn to punish parties and not reward them. Heck INC managed to win in Punjab too after 1984, I think this summarizes the behavior of our elite and masses alike. Fit the truth around your own perceptions and create windmills to tilt at, while the real culprits laugh all the way to banks.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Muppallaji, I think you are wrong. I never voted or supported INC in my life. I never thought I will be accused of simpathitic about INC or silent about its misdeeds.I did wrote about Rajamatha before in this matter. I did wrote common people are not involved in this things. You can see my earlier posts. In fact I will be thankful if you read them and see for yourself.

In fact you will be surprised to know that I was and am member of ABVP and then BJP. We regualrly participated in party and election work for years. Just one month back my close frind has bacome Dist Head in my home Dist. The problem is BJP it has written off non Telangana people even though it is a national level party and a nationalist party. Its leaders talk TRS language in AP knowing very well it is rubbish. No one is state and central leadership is even ready to know the side of the majority people of the AP. So even its own voters, followers and activists are now had to be angry with it.

In election when peope vote against some body or some party it does not matter to them who win as long as their sole intention will be punish that party or person. This is what BJP itself found out many times in respect of Muslims voting ways in states like UP. I myself learned it during my years of election work for BJP. Don't you think that will happen in Hyderabad when Kishan Reddy contest the byelections. What will he say to the non local people after all the rubbish he personally spoken on them in TV. Many people may simply want to punish him for that. Do you find that is wrong. Did RSS itself not acted for Congress in 1980.

I do feel that the entire problem now is the the language and tone of agitation set by TRS. By not allowing any other ideas different from its own it forced all the leaders of TDP, INC and BJP to follow it. So TRS shares lot of blame for that. The recent headlines in Hindustan times reads TRS goes Sena ways or something like that. It is either its way or else attacks. Is attacking residences of the MLA's and MP's of their own areas is a good action ?

Whereas both TDP and Congress are even not confident of their existence TRS always seems to be uncertain about it. So the violence and insults mainly comming from them. TRS is the creation of the YSR who wanted to finish off TDP in telangana in 2004. Later TDP made of big mistake of joining with TRS in 2009 got finished off in rest of Telangana. But for any person who is seeing the AP situation the main problem appears to be TRS which does not even want to have any debate on the issue.

The main problem in todays TV age is only the micro minority is sufficient to create lot of news and fear. That is what is happening in AP.
Last edited by Yagnasri on 21 Feb 2010 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

Come to think of it whom does the so called 'settler' of Hyderabad vote for now?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

SandeepA wrote:Come to think of it whom does the so called 'settler' of Hyderabad vote for now?
MIM for all we know. Not TRS of course. The Congress MLA's from HYD are quite careful when they talk duing the entire agitation. Congress and TDP will not talk TRS talk when it comes to HYD voters. I do feel BJP will find some problems and revolts in its traditional voters who are mainly "settlers"
skaranam
BRFite

Post by skaranam »

Have you guys see Prof. Kodandaram uvvacha when this guy S.Yadagiri committed self-immolation. It was shown in Z-24 hours channel. He praised the guy and said it takes lot of guts and bravery to commit suicide. I am wondering is Mr. Kodandaram (i do not want to call him a Prof.) not brave enough?

We hear all this talk about advising students not to commit suicide. All these guys did was to paste posters in the university advising against suicide. But this guy brazen calls it as an act of bravery. After he says that the "govt. alone is responsible for suicides" and declares that "declaration of telangana and initiating the process of telangana as per Dec. 9 statement" will stem the suicides.

Is this not inciting students to commit more suicides? Where is the AP Civil liberties sitting now? We know Mr. Kondandaram is a known sympathizer of Maoists. The bane for telangana area is its leadership.

This guy S. Yadagiri came all prepared for the suicide. He had in his bag all his certificates, suicide note and bottle of kerosene. I guess the plan was to perform this tamasha at the Assembly. Thankfully the police cordon could not be broken down.

Of all the suicides that happened, did any one belonging to OU commit one. We keep hearing OU Student committed suicide and later it turns out that the person is studying some private college either he joined the protest or he wandered on to the campus.
skaranam
BRFite

Post by skaranam »

Narayana Rao wrote: The main problem in todays TV age is only the micro minority is sufficient to create lot of news and fear. That is what is happening in AP.
The recent committee of media, police and "intellectuals" seems to have taken care of this issue. Last night after the S. Yadagiri suicide there was a virtual black out of coverage on all channels. There were no visuals. Only "Z 24 hours" was reporting some "breaking news" stating that
Once again, Tear gas is being used.
Hand grenades are being used to disrupt student violence
Massive traffic diversion from taranaka cross roads, nacharam
My observations of the TV coverage say that "Z 24 hours", HMTV, are showing a pro telangana view point.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

Telangana youth dies
Sirpuram Yadaiah, an intermediate student who committed self-immolation on Saturday near the Osmania University campus for the cause of a separate Telangana state, succumbed to severe burns on Saturday night.
:(
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

I am saddened to see these type of incidents happen to my dear region and people of the region suffer to the folly of others.

When the original arrangement didn't work, resulted in exactly the situation that was to be avoided and therefore the entire region is calling for right to self govern, what is logic behind constituting another such scam?

The major objection now seems to be that the agitation is somehow managed by naxals (which is patently absurd), KCR and his character (or lack thereof), while the entire region is destined to remain in 19/20th century while other region is happily marching for 21st.

I hope good sense will prevail upon the central govt in taking the right decision so we can all steer clear of things that will do harm in the longer term.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

4 districts in Telangana region are in top 10 in terms of per-capita income. In terms of production also there a 4 districts. They better explain to committee why these are rich and with higher GDP?

http://www.eenadu.net/archives/archive- ... asp?qry1=1

http://www.imageping.com/out.php/i66092_APranks.jpg
(removed embedding image as it is ruining page format. Go to this site to see the table if Eenadu site is slow)
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Satya_anveshi wrote: When the original arrangement didn't work, resulted in exactly the situation that was to be avoided and therefore the entire region is calling for right to self govern, what is logic behind constituting another such scam?
See the table in the previous post on income and production in AP by district-wise. If Telangana didn't develop only Hyderabad should be there in that table in top 10.

After 60 years why are we still asking if original agreements are working or not? Every area can claim one or the other original arrangement didn't work to separate or secede or create some trouble in the country.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

ShyamSP wrote:4 districts in Telangana region are in top 10 in terms of per-capita income. In terms of production also there a 4 districts. They better explain to committee why these are rich and with higher GDP?
Boss, are you serious? Large portions of Rangareddy and Medak are in greater Hyd area and thus showup here. For example, BHEL, Patancheru onwards is all part of Medak district. Rangareddy..the less said the better.

The real heartland of these districts don't fare even at the bottom of coastal andhra districts. What explanation are you seeking?

The whole real estate of Hyd has gone to dogs and is primarily controlled by the land sharks of coastal andhra but due to a recent change (YSR), most rowdies of Rayalaseema control 1000s of acres.

Recently ( less than 4 months ago), some people I know have been approached by Rayalaseema rowdies to seel their plots forcebly ( options given were zero/physical harm or sell the plot at Rs. 10/yard). These folks have bought those plots some 3 decades ago for same price.

Can you imaging a section fo these people got robbed in daylight and asked to sign on dotted line? Effing Rs. 10 / sq yard?? which is then being sold for other gullible people for more than Rs 1000 /sq yard.
Last edited by Satya_anveshi on 22 Feb 2010 10:53, edited 1 time in total.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Telangana protester dies
Hyderabad, Feb. 21 (PTI): The 19-year-old who had set himself on fire on the Osmania University campus during protests yesterday has died.

He was buried in his native village today.

Telangana supporters today stoned the vehicle of an MLA, demanding his resignation. The legislator, however, was not injured.

In Nalgonda police had to resort to lathicharge to quell protests.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

I received some new inputs on the scam that played out at OU - my source is my dad-in-law.

According to him (and we have lot of relatives live in Vidyanagar / Nallakunta area - close to ground zero), police actually played con role here. They setup fire, created hangama and blamed students and ordered lathi charge on them -beat up students real badly it seems.

By the time CB_CID probe is ordered by state HM, SC announced stay orders and currently they are not seeing hope for the probe to be ordered. Some people believe that DIG (?) - police chief is playing con master ( last we know he made a political statement when he should not have).

Overall, in the short term Telangana people seem to be screwed as several institutions and even INC itself seems to have back stabbed them. But make no mistake, people at city, town and village levels are really pissed and it remains to be seen what form does their anger take.

Like I said, hope better sense prevailed on the people that matter.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

The interior sections of Adilabad where Lambada and other adiwasi tribes still reside, there is little governance has reached. These tracks are still inaccessible, people don't have even clothes ( they resemble aborigins) - I have personally seen these type of areas in other neighbouring districts of Nizamabad and Karimnagar also. Can you name one area in the whole of coastal andhra / rayalaseema at that level of wrechedness?

BTW: I have lived and travelled in Rayalaseema ( just as much as I did in coastal andhra) too and I *know* they don't even come close.
L Ram
BRFite -Trainee

Post by L Ram »

Satya_anveshi wrote:The interior sections of Adilabad where Lambada and other adiwasi tribes still reside, there is little governance has reached. These tracks are still inaccessible, people don't have even clothes ( they resemble aborigins) - I have personally seen these type of areas in other neighbouring districts of Nizamabad and Karimnagar also. Can you name one area in the whole of coastal andhra / rayalaseema at that level of wrechedness?

BTW: I have lived and travelled in Rayalaseema ( just as much as I did in coastal andhra) too and I *know* they don't even come close.
Have you heard of the agency area of coastal andhra spaning from WG to Srikakulam This area is more than backward what the area u have mentioned.
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

District-wise Ranking by Per-capita from the Telugu link below
http://www.imageping.com/out.php/i66092_APranks.jpg

1 Hyderabad - Hyderabad city
2 Vishakhapatnam - Visakhapatnam city
3 Cuddapah
4 Ranga Reddy - Hyderabad city
5 Medak - Hyderabad city
6 Krishna - Vijayawada City
7 Khammam
8 West Godavari
9 East Godavari
10 Prakasam
11 Nellore
12 Nalgonda
13 Karimnagar
14 Guntur
15 Ananthapur
16 Kurnool
17 Adilabad
18 Chittor
19 Mahbubnagar
20 Warangal
21 Nizamabad
22 Vizianagaram
23 Srikakulam

KEY
TELANGANA districts - 10
COASTAL ANDHRA districts - 9
RAYALASEEMA districts - 4

If we discount the progress of Hyd, Ranga Reddy and Medak as S_A says then we must discount the progress of Vishakhapatnam and Krishna as they have the other large cities of Vishakhapatnam and Vijayawada respectively. Looks pretty even-stevens to me. No reason why a people of a particular region can cry foul.

S_A
Please advice is only proximity to a large city is the criteria to discount progress or proximity to a large river can be included. Please explain why.
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

Some people never come out of their well and look around whats the situation....instead they grieve about their well drying up. In fact they don't try.....reason-->no stakes for them there...dude....poverty is every where.....we don't want to understand and troubleshoot that...we are so selfish....
I have gone to araku and have seen so many tribal folks with just a piece of cloth covering their waist and they are malnourished....I wonder how much % is allocated to them from the revenue of tourism department there....

whatever.....last night..I was walking from clock tower to chandana bros centre in sec-bad along with 4 other biharis...and this drunk autowallah who was pissing there...looked at us and shouted Jai Telangana---none responded---again---JAI TELANAGANA---none responded----this time violently--OOOYYEEEE Telanga apna hai".....we just passed on him silently......point is...this is bringing more and more bad blood....like MNS folks...I wouldn't be surprised if TRS goondas..kill people from Non-Telangana....I stay in cantonment..so TRS mofos can do zilch there...I worry about those NTs(read CAs, Rayas, and other folks from rest of India who are on Job purpose) in rest of the city...God help them.
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

Satya_anveshi wrote:
Due respects SA ji...your claim is Utter False..yesss utter false..you know nothing about coastal and rayala seema areas.....after this agitation has started I have visited many "Guntur" and Uttara Andhra Districts districts....I have seen their problems....by seeing all this I just understood one thing.....POVERTY IS EVERYWHERE...seriously brother...I was dishearted and felt so heavy from inside....the real enemy of these problems are Politicians and Selfish folks....they are rich dude...not common and BPL folks....FYI....My driving licence is from Siddipet...so don't advise me to go have a tour of Telangana..I got a friend who has cotton mill in Bhainsa...Have been there too...and Khammam....where my bro-in-law works....I have seen pillala marri in Mahbub Nagar...and Waterfalls near Nirmal....Saar....frankly....among commoners and BPL families...no difference in poverty....I shouldn't say this..but let me say...most of my friends are Telanagana Reddys from Telangana and THEY ARE RICH...DAMN RICH..same thing in CA and RSeema...only certain sects of society living in semi-urban areas are rich...not common and BPL folks...we never try to understand this...instead do God knows what....I am not expecting any change in approach to address the real problem neither in you nor in anyone else....we continue to be like this....and we will be like this and we will do it till the last breath...Good luck to all of us.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

SandeepA wrote:S_A
Please advice is only proximity to a large city is the criteria to discount progress or proximity to a large river can be included. Please explain why.
You didn't get the import of my post: Showing progress in greater hyd area that includes adjacent areas of neighboring district of Hyd does not make the case for Telangana progress / prosperity. We all know that this is the result of massive settlement from non-telangana region. This point has been discussed before. Medak and Mahabubnagar for example have lowest rates of literacy - hardly makes the case of higher PCI.

We further have seen in my earlier posts the disparity that is more relevant which is urban/rural divide ( from 2001 census) that is proportional to the PCI - coastal andhra scores very, very high relative to Telangana/Rayalaseema. That alone tells a lot about the relative prosperity *in absense of other/more data*.

Everyone who is posting on this thread should at least know the facts around Hyd and what has happened in the last decade or so and why quoting those kind of figures minus related commentary is futile at best and dishonest at worst.
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

Satya_anveshi wrote: You didn't get the import of my post: Showing progress in greater hyd area that includes adjacent areas of neighboring district of Hyd does not make the case for Telangana progress / prosperity. We all know that this is the result of massive settlement from non-telangana region. This point has been discussed before. Medak and Mahabubnagar for example have lowest rates of literacy - hardly makes the case of higher PCI.
Massive Settlement is birthright of every Indian living in India. As long as Telangana is in India, every Andhra/Seema citizen have birth right to settle down in Hyderabad whether Telangana is going to be a separate state or not.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

There is a lot need to be done for the poor people at Telangana. No one is disputing that. There are poor people in other areas of AP also. In every district of AP farmers in dry areas are in bad condition. Farm laborer and village people in these areas is also quite poor. Even in the fully irrigated areas there is lot of poverty. So poverty and backwardness is not the continuing tragedy of one area. Our political leaders neglected and looted all the people without any discrimination. As Jayaprakash Narayana of Lok Satta has said in the starting stage of the present agitation if an area is not developed then the political leaders and the administration of that area is responsible. Do we see any one of the leaders taking any responsibility? Demand is being raised by the same leaders who enjoyed power and position for decades. These people have to take accountability for not doing anything before asking for the change in the administrative set up. Having kept quite for decades are now can they be allowed to shout from roof tops that their area people are looted for decades by outsiders? Is this not the biggest fraud on people? Why are these people doing it now other than for much greater loot.

The life of tribal in Costal areas is also as bad as tribal in Adilabad and other parts of the country. Our present system of governance failed to take care of them. Does Telangana save them or AP is responsible for their present condition.

The cult of suicides now being propagated by leaders is another horrible game. They have started it with YSR’s death and continued to present agitation. Yadaiya is not even 20 years old and can he understood all the issues involved in the division of the state. The contention of the Kodandaram that the boy was died for the cause and it was a brave thing to do is one of the most cynical statement every given by him in this agitation so for. If we follow aruguments, the steps suggested and logically going to be suggested by our Telangana leaders here.
1. We have already branded the CA and Seema people are looters and goondas. No further arguments and fact finding efforts are entertained. We have decided what is truth and that is all.
2. Since they are looters and Goondas totally block them from any decision making on the division of the state.
3. Since they are looters and goondas ban them from coming and settling in Telangana so that the further loot of innocent Telangana people can be stopped. (This demand is logical to follow otherwise the same looters will return after we get our state)
4. Incorporate specific articles and mention therein since the CA and Seema people are looters and goondas they shall not be permitted to live in any other part of India. (Possible suggestion and this will serve national interest)
5. Specifically mentioned that the right to live in any party of India is not there for any CA or Seema born person. (Why we shall allow other Indian people to suffer).
6. Continue the work on the walls which we have started to build in the border and wall of entire Non Telangana AP areas from rest of the India.
7. Rivers are to be diverted so that not a single drop of water is given to them.

Let us assume that our Central Government accept these arguments that CA and seema people have looted Telangana people since 1956 and start in this path can any one tell me why these people who are constitutionally branded as looters and goondas want to continue to be part of the Indian State? If the central government does want to divide the state against the majority wishes why that Majority want to be ruled by such central government. As YSR put it if it they need to get beg for permission from KCR for going to Hyderabad to see their relatives it would be better for them to have a separate country and take visa from Indian Government and visit Hyderabad as a foreigner.

The chief argument from Telangana leaders is that when one area people do not want to be part of the AP state then how can we compel them. By same logic after being branded as looters and goondas officially if the rest of the AP does not want to continue to be part of Indian union how you can compel them. It may sound very bad but is it not logical.

In any event what respect and future they will have here in this Indian Union. Tomorrow who will stop other people of Indian also kick them around as looters and goondas. What is going to be left for non telangana Telugu people here in India.

So if the Telangana is going to be given give it as a requirement for better adminstration and not on some false pretexts and based on a delibarate hate compaign.
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

S_A
I am surprised by your logic. If a Telanganite settles down in Mumbai and prospers there it cannot be considered Mumbai's success? Moreover Maharashtra needs to call him a settler and kick him out because Vidharbha remains under-developed?
The sad fact is that for the past 25years people came in droves to Hyderabad from the rest of AP for better opportunities considering it AP's version of the Big Apple. Massive investments were made to make this the jewel in AP's crown and now when the Apple is ripe you want it all for yourself? Tell me in what way does remote Adilabad have more right over Hyderabad than Srikakulam?
The fact is places prosper differently depending on their strengths. Telangana is always going to be a barren rock strewn landscape and the best way to prosper was to build a city here and have the food production happen in more fertile lands. I always felt good seeing the amount of rock-blasting happening in Hyderabad for new buildings compared to Bangalore's excavating fertile land to built their IT companies. If now a whole new Capital is to be built in Andhra can you imagine the immediate costs and the longer term costs? Will Telangana pay for it for the next 50years just like Andhra allowed Hyderabad prosper?
There is another silly argument I hear from Telangana-vaadis. They apparently have a magic tap with which they will divert all the water flowing from their lands into Andhra. Pray how? Build the Three Gorges dam upstream on Godavari and still water will flow into Konaseema. This is because upstream of Khammam there is little volume in Godavari. All those wet dreams will not be enough to wet the bed! If you really find a way to Dam the Godavari in Khammam you will have to submerge half of that district for that..thats the volume of Godavari which suddenly becomes an overwhelming river after inflows from Pranahita and Kinnerasani! Here again Andhra will take away all the land on the North bank of the river right upto Bhadrachalam. How will you build that dam?!
Only the Krishna can be dammed and that has already been done over and over again right from Karnataka! Yet pumping water up the Deccan plateau is impossible without using up as much power as Hyderabad consumes in an year! Whats the benefit? Hyderabad will need all the water it can get in any case..so what will be left to the really backward parts? Rain harvesting?
Telangana is not sustainable boss...sentiment or no sentiment.
skaranam
BRFite

Post by skaranam »

Leaders stop water release to Warangal
Water war between the Warangal and the Karimnagar districts started as the political leaders from Karimnagar district stopped drinking water release to Warangal.

However, protesting against water release, leaders of the Telugu Desam and the TRS unauthorisedly lifted gates of sub-canals from

Distributory Beyond Manair (DBM)-1 to DBM-30 to release water to Mankondur, Sankarapatnam, Huzurabad, Jammikunta, Kamalapur and other mandals. With this, no water was released to Warangal.
And these guys want Telangana State, and even it comes....it see it further split...And now please tell me this is an Andhra conspiracy!! :rotfl:
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

http://indiaunfinished.wordpress.com/20 ... telangana/

Interesting perspective ...

Makes many points which Mupplalla makes here.
DECCAN OF YORE, that old Islamic plateau of Central South India found freedom along three separate ways, thanks to Mahatma Gandhi. Speakers of Marathi and Kannada seem happily blended with their co-linguists in Maharashtra and Karnataka respectively. Only speakers of Telugu (synonym for Andhra) language have been restless, on and off. First they were unable to shake off the yoke of their Islamic spiritual cultural hegemony, next they couldn’t break free from the feeble, feudal Nizam, but with help eventually did, thanks to Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, (where would India be without him!
NEIGHBORING STATES to Andhra Pradesh changed names and place names and such. Mysore became Karnataka, Madras became Tamil Nadu, Madras City became Chennai, Bombay became Mumbai. Only the Telugu people pretty much let history be, and got together, and got along fairly well. NO naming gimmicks. Hyderabad never became Bhagya Nagar. Only Visakhapatnam shrugged off the shorter moniker Vizag. Even Rajahmundry was content to leave Raja-Mahendra-Varam in the past. Back in Seventies, Twin Cities slowly faded from common parlance as Greater Hyderabad swallowed up Secunderabad, with nary a peep of objection. Both erstwhile muslim municipalities grew immensely. Hyderabad is as well-known in science circles of the world as Bangalore, or Bhopal!
TELANGANA people deserve nothing less than what they can work for and are willing to invest in themselves. The ‘big brother’ approach of their co-linguists had to stop. But also had to cease was the mindset of victim-hood and exploitation complex brought on by centuries of the feudalistic, parasitic grip on parts of the region by the religiously empowered entities.

TELANGANA PROSPERED when great leaders of the region grew in stature and assumed major roles in polity. Ranga Reddy got a district created and named in his honor. Mr. P.V. Narasimha Rao hailed from Karimnagar area of Telangana, his Chief Ministership of AP was effective, peaceable. His Prime Ministership of India was astonishingly adroit, surviving both religious turmoil as well as national bankruptcy as it did. PVN has been compared to leaders like Michael Gorbachev in Russia – a most difficult stewardship at a time of great changes at home and abroad. Without ‘PV’ and the associated Manmohan Singh, modern India would not have materialized
COMMUNIST INFLUENCE anywhere in the world can only lead to trouble. For decades they stirred up Bengal, Telangana, Kerala and across a swathe of India reaching into Nepal. Indians must be the only people in the world who didn’t get the memo, it’s ok to make money. The statist ideas promulgated at Independence, and since not disavowed with vigor, retain grip on people and places that remain underdeveloped and vulnerable. The commies exploited Telangana relentlessly. What Telangana needed was more democratic governance, investment, and job creation. They didn’t need yet another ideology that only engendered anger. Commingling of Islamism, separatism, proletarianism, do not bode well. Telangana needs another PVNR
VOICES OF SEPARATISM in India are never quite muted. The country has been divided repeatedly. This is great when done for administrative, cultural and developmental reasons. The lament of Telangana seems phony, political, and opportunistic. Demands for infrastructural improvements, major national and international projects should all be discussed openly and democratically. Statehood is essentially a political plum, a scheme to divide the spoils at the top rather than at the bottom. There are parts of India more abjectly poor, ill-served and needier than Telangana. But, this baby’s crying has been indulged in for so long, in so many wrong ways, this time it make take a real breast to feed it, not just a pacifier.

CONGRESS PARTY OPPORTUNISM is boundless, bottomless, and listless. The same applies to other Indian politicians in general. But Congress, like any behemoth, merely exists for its own sake. Those who wear party colors will sell their soul in the name of party unity, discipline, and respect for ‘high command’. All politicians in India seem to behave thus. Perhaps, it is Indian character to be un-egotistic, and yet un-principled at the same time. Perhaps, it is a case of filial piety being institutional
My 2 cents...

Indians always look for some one to blame. In Telangana agitation, Seema-andhra people became convenient scapegoats. Every time I hear the word "settler", I feel like throwing up. Isn't every one a settler?

It does not mean that our leaders whether from Andhra or Seema or Telangana are not at fault. If "YSR" is at fault for land grabbing in Hyderabad, Chenna Reddy was a similar thief and was looting in whatever way it was possible in 70s/80s.

The whole of India works like this: Favoritism, corruption, dynastic interests and immorality. Look out today... All the 4th estate including Indian Express, India Today, TOIlet, Hindustan Times, TV channels which used to be the watchdogs of the Govt. became Rajamata's servants. They are there to serve the dynasty's interests rather than India's. We used to be the target of Shiv Sena in 70s in Bombay. Now we target our own in our capital. This is the tragedy. There is no end to it.
http://www.businessinsider.com/stratfor ... a-factor-5

India has always been a country of endless unrealized potential, and it will remain so in the 2010s," says STRATFOR's Decade Forecast. "Its diversity in terms of regulations and tensions, its lack of infrastructure and its talented population will give rise to pockets of surprising dynamism. The country will grow, but in a wildly unpredictable and uneven manner; the fantastic expectations will not materialize."

As Zeihan notes, "Whether it's because of a geographic, social, or economic dysfunction, India just -- to put it bluntly -- can't get its sh*t together. India is the country of the future and always will be
How true?
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

vijayk wrote:
http://www.businessinsider.com/stratfor ... a-factor-5

India has always been a country of endless unrealized potential, and it will remain so in the 2010s," says STRATFOR's Decade Forecast. "Its diversity in terms of regulations and tensions, its lack of infrastructure and its talented population will give rise to pockets of surprising dynamism. The country will grow, but in a wildly unpredictable and uneven manner; the fantastic expectations will not materialize."

As Zeihan notes, "Whether it's because of a geographic, social, or economic dysfunction, India just -- to put it bluntly -- can't get its sh*t together. India is the country of the future and always will be
How true?
Indians do not want a fantastic expectations. The western media has berated Indians for 50 years. That is enough.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Narayana Rao wrote: 1.We have already branded the CA and Seema people are looters and goondas. No further arguments and fact finding efforts are entertained. We have decided what is truth and that is all.
2.Since they are looters and Goondas totally block them from any decision making on the division of the state.
3.Since they are looters and goondas ban them from coming and settling in Telangana so that the further loot of innocent Telangana people can be stopped. (This demand is logical to follow otherwise the same looters will return after we get our state)
Satya_anveshi wrote:The whole real estate of Hyd has gone to dogs and is primarily controlled by the land sharks of coastal andhra but due to a recent change (YSR), most rowdies of Rayalaseema control 1000s of acres.

Recently ( less than 4 months ago), some people I know have been approached by Rayalaseema rowdies to seel their plots forcebly ( options given were zero/physical harm or sell the plot at Rs. 10/yard). These folks have bought those plots some 3 decades ago for same price.

Can you imaging a section fo these people got robbed in daylight and asked to sign on dotted line? Effing Rs. 10 / sq yard?? which is then being sold for other gullible people for more than Rs 1000 /sq yard.
This whole argument of all the real estate sharks from Rayalaseema or Coastal folks grabbing Telangana lands in the vicinity of Greater Hyd really does not make nay sense to me. I am not saying that you are not telling truth. A lot of T-vadis that I met also made similar statements. However, I simply cannot comprehend this land grabbing as so straight forward as some seema folks coming to Hyd and grabbing at free will.

Real estate boom every where in India is very murky as land grabbing did happen everywhere. Even in Mumbai the land was forcebly grabbed/purchased from poor owners to buld the huge complexes. However, there was serious balance there. The poor always have their own goons and Shiv Sena is prominent in counter mafia operations. The folks got a reasonable price in substantial number of operations.

Coming back to Telangana, how in the world someone who own the land has no clout/approach in their home-pitch? What are the 100+ regional MLAs, other local politicians and thugs from Telangana doing? Telangana folks have some private security in the form of annalu (Naxals). They can secure them using Naxals for a price. Are all these gentlemen just shivering with fear to see the guests from seema come and grab the lands?

Pure Telanganites folks such as Shri Narendhar (TDP to INC and back and again to TDP - no-no now INC), Narendra (ABVP to BJP to TRS to INC), Late Shri P.Janardhan Reddy ( INC leader) are all part of the same syndicates of the land-grab operators in Hyd. All the dons together along with cash-back operations to Naxals did the operations. There are several Telangana puritants in this tribe.

If whatever I said above is completely wrong and Telangana folks are just vulenarable and sitting ducks then there is serious problem guys.
Imagine if Hyderabad does not slowdown even after state split, then no one can stop these sharks. It will be business as usual. Seema folks can easily bribe out the entire Telangana assembly and continue land grabs in future too.