Yoga's popularity world wide

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
akashganga
BRFite

Yoga's popularity world wide

Post by akashganga »

In my opinion Yoga is the single most important contribution of India and is the most important reason for positive image of India world wide particularly in the US/western world. There are so many positive stories about Yoga. I believe we should post important yoga news/stories in this thread so that people can read them.

What is your opinion? Is this the right forum for this.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Re: Yoga's popularity world wide

Post by AdityaM »

IB4TL :rotfl:

kasthuri
BRFite

Post by kasthuri »

Well, yoga is great. But the problem is making an ideology out of anything whatsoever is bound to have its negative consequences. Yoga can be construed as a stretching exercise and if so how is it different from other exercises? If yoga is more than stretching and includes mind, philosophy, spirituality and what not, then we are actually talking about the India's contribution to spirituality, which is arguably immense but equally contains systems of beliefs. IMHO, yoga and all spiritual knowledge stands for humanity than to any sections of people. Origin is just a matter of convention set by the Absolute.

IB4TL
ravar
BRFite
Location: हिमालयम समारभ्य़ यावत हिन्दु सरोवरम, तम देव निर्मितम देशम हिन्दुस्थानम प्रचक्षते

Post by ravar »

Akashgangaji, appreciate your intent. But we already have a thread for this. Please use the same.

IB4TL (my first....!!)
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

IB4TL .....in a long time. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

Yoga has evolved into something very big and mainstream in the US. It is used in health/wellness. Many doctor's in the US recommend it. I broke my arm in a skating accident in the US and my doctor recommended Yoga. I have been a subscriber of Yoga Journal published in the US for the last few years. Visit there site http://www.yogajournal.com/.
kasthuri wrote:Well, yoga is great. But the problem is making an ideology out of anything whatsoever is bound to have its negative consequences. Yoga can be construed as a stretching exercise and if so how is it different from other exercises? If yoga is more than stretching and includes mind, philosophy, spirituality and what not, then we are actually talking about the India's contribution to spirituality, which is arguably immense but equally contains systems of beliefs. IMHO, yoga and all spiritual knowledge stands for humanity than to any sections of people. Origin is just a matter of convention set by the Absolute.

IB4TL
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

This is the fastest growing Yoga org in US now

http://www.yogabharati.org/

Yoga Bharati welcomes you to discover the treasures of Yoga. Yoga Bharati is working for the promotion of Yoga and related activities in the United States of America.

The basic guideline of Yoga Bharati is to conduct yoga camps, create yoga awareness, spread word of ancient Indian philosophy relevant to the entire humanity and to build a team of motivated volunteers. We will invite learned Yoga Gurus both from India and locally here in the USA to conduct the camps for us. Apart from the camps, we will bring various yoga related activities such as workshops, lectures, demonstrations to benefit yoga enthusiasts at various levels.