Dogra Scouts Expedition

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Dogra Scouts Expedition

Post by ramana »

All please note this and follow the updates.
------------------------

1. I would like to inform you that DOGRA SCOUTS is launching a search expedition to Dhaka Glacier for carrying out search and recovery of bodies of passengers and black box of AN-12 aircraft which crashed in Chandrabhaga Ranges in 1968.

2. The expedition team will be reaching the road head/base camp at Bathal on Jul 29. The team will carry out stocking of advance base camp and acclimatisation for 4-5 days and the search is likely to begin by Aug 05.

3. I would request you if you can give this event of national importance adequate coverage and provide your telephone/mobile nos to abet us in better coordination.

Yours Sincerely,
Maj Vasudevan
Expedition Leader,
Dogra Scouts
vasude1@yahoo.com
---------------

Kapil has the contacts with them. Maybe can create twitter page and spread the word?
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Re: Dogra Scouts Expedition

Post by Raja Bose »

Its not clear what kind of assistance they are looking for? Since you mention twitter, is it some kind of live feeds/updates? Their expedition is in 3 days hence I am asking.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I dont know. You young ones can create a twitter page and e-mail it to him to see if he can post on it the updates. Would be nice to get updates from base camp.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

That was the question. Will he have e-mail from base camp? Or is he looking for some one local to link up telephonically and relay updates? We can use B-R for that purpose and make the page a sticky I guess. I will e-mail the chap and ask him what he needs.
rajatmisra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rajatmisra »

ANy update?
pmund
BRFite

Post by pmund »

If it's news coverage, I can help.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Well I had never heard back. Anyways the expedition is probably long over.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2009/200909 ... chal.htm#1
Even after four decades, the air crash mystery of Antonov-12 aircraft - Bravo Lima - of the Indian Air Force’s 25 Squadron remains unsolved as the 22-member Army expedition-Punaruthan-IV- returned “empty-handed”. The expedition failed to retrieve the mortal remains of 98 Army personnel and the black box of the aircraft. The failure has once again belied the Army’s hope to ascertain the exact cause of the mishap that took place at the height of 20,500 ft on February 7, 1968.

Dogra scouts team led by Major Vasudevan returned “empty-handed” in the third week of August. They were not able to retrieve anything from the 2-km wide wreckage site of upper South Dhaga glacier located at the height 20,500 ft in the Chandrabhaga (CB) -13 and Chandrabhagan (CB) -14 peaks.

The Army continues to be haunted by the crash mystery as “it has failed to sooth wounds of the kin of the ill-fated 98 Army personnel, including four army officers and six crew members from IAF and an officer from DRDO.

The recent expedition has exposed gaping holes ...
“We have not found any wreckage of the aircraft. But we got some vital leads that will help in future expeditions,” Major Vasudevan of the Dogra Scouts, who was leading the expedition, told IANS on phone.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/unc ... 1083.html
Not revealing what they got from the expedition.