The Trash Thread in the Trash Can (Use 4545 to Merge Posts)

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Hiten
BRFite

Re: Military Multimedia Content

Post by Hiten »

Tushar wrote:To SunnyS, your videos are very fanboyish and frankly useless. I am very glad to see you can take some videos and pictures, and post some background music, but frankly, its degrading this forums credibility. Nice effort though !
...and not to mention that your videos videos are so high faultin useful & is enhancing the forum's credibility - serious shame that people aren't able to match up the uber-high standards of making videos thats been set by you - DARNN!.
Last edited by Hiten on 13 Apr 2010 07:01, edited 1 time in total.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Tushar ji, you must be having an irrefutable upper hand in these matters.
Tushar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Tushar »

I am very sorry for using a derogatory tone, and sincerely apologize if I offended anyone.

Also those videos I posted, were only to show the launches of the BrahMos missle, which have not been posted on this forum. I did not create, nor did I imply I created those videos. I just found them during my search of many other forums and thought the senior members might start a educational debate based on them.
Carl_T
BRF Oldie

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Post by Carl_T »

I think you guys should use MSN Messenger. :)
Dmurphy
BRFite

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Post by Dmurphy »

Carl_T wrote:I think you guys should use MSN Messenger. :)
No. Use Twitter. We all wanna see the fun and retweet dangerously funny tweets!
sunny_s
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sunny_s »

Tushar wrote:To SunnyS, your videos are very fanboyish and frankly useless. I am very glad to see you can take some videos and pictures, and post some background music, but frankly, its degrading this forums credibility. Nice effort though !
Mr. TUSHAR THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CONVEYING YOUR POINT TO ME,iam sure you can raise the standard of BR by contributing much better video's which will not be "FANBOYISH" & FRANKLY "USELESS"..iam sure your video's will be a good mode to motivate youth willing to join forces who in order to quench thier thirst for defence knowledge read BR.. IT ALSO WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH TO SHOWCASE THE WORLD WHAT INDIAN ARMED FORCES ARE ALL ABOUT NOT TO FORGET HOW YOU PRSENT INDIA ON TUBE TO THE WORLD..YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF THE ANTI INDIA PROPAGANDA WORK WHICH IS PRESENT ON SUCH SITES....About the crediblity of this forum well i never knew my video's in multimedia section would degrade it...Do let me KNOW HOW CAN I RAISE IT BACK your expert opinion will be eagerly awaited..
Tushar wrote:^^ Those are honestly the worst shows I have ever seen. To supplement their ignorance and petty knowledge while reporting on military topics, they also have a very shallow sense of humour. Rocky and his boyfriend cocky are fit for reporting on Sania Mirzas wedding. Leave defence alone, because its an insult to the viewers.
well this post of yours make me wonder what are you!! you dint like the programmes fine..just say you dint like it, by writting all that are you raising the standard of this thread???? and lastly learn how to respectfully take an individuals name ( Rocky and his boyfriend cocky)..i hope your basics are correct those rhyming words which you used in your post were degrading MIND IT NEXT TIME..
(MODS IAM SORRY BUT THIS HAD TO BE REPLYED YOU CAN TAKE APPROPIATE ACTION ON ME)
Tushar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Tushar »

Yes, sorry for my post being rubbish. I now openly understand what type of videos are welcome, and will freely litter this forums multimedia section with fanboy videos retaining to the standards already in place.

Thanks for deleting my post though, must be feeling very proud.

Also to SunnyS, I doesn't matter if they were the grandsons of Sardar Patel or S.C Bose, since their videos have very little information, and do not even cover the basics. Lets be reasonable.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Tushar wrote:Yes, sorry for my post being rubbish. I now openly understand what type of videos are welcome, and will freely litter this forums multimedia section with fanboy videos retaining to the standards already in place.

Thanks for deleting my post though, must be feeling very proud.

Also to SunnyS, I doesn't matter if they were the grandsons of Sardar Patel or S.C Bose, since their videos have very little information, and do not even cover the basics. Lets be reasonable.
You are one angry person. Stop getting your langoti in such a twist sir. If the videos are stupid just hold your nose and move on. Do you habitually dance and sing around every turd you find telling people how much you think it stinks? Are you trying to earn karma points by doing what you imagine is social service? Every man is allowed his fetishes - but not on this thread. Please.

Just move on. Even houseflies swarming over dung know when it's time to fly off and not get swatted. No?
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

neilmurali wrote:Sunny the video was nice
good job.
Can you do a video on IMA.
Second that
Last edited by Mahendra on 13 Apr 2010 23:46, edited 1 time in total.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Self deleted
Last edited by Bala Vignesh on 14 Apr 2010 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

sunny_s wrote:Can somebody just tell me what is the standard criteria of posting a video here..
pardon my ignorance on this..I aplogise if i have brought the standard of this forum low i never intended to do so.. Also Mahinder ji i would like to tell you that iam more then just a fanboy,for your knowledge iam from the myself part of the defence forces,The same geneartion which watches FRIENDS.
so please clear your doubts regarding the current generation..
As for my posts i dont think they are required here anymore.
Saar

I was joking only saar

I am myself a fan of your videos on youtube, enough said

I never imagined that I would have to do a downhill ski but never mind, your videos are excellent, you don't have to explain anything to anyone
joshvajohn
BRFite

Re: Sri Lanka - News and Discussion

Post by joshvajohn »

thusitha your intentions are not bad! but even during LTTE rule there was a strong drive within SL Tamil Community to go for negotiation and to go for a settlement. One of the reasons LTTE crushed other Tamil groups because many wanted to be both Srilankans and Tamils. There is a simple rejection of some aspirations of Tamils that led to a violence and also violations of human rights which led to separate state claims. Giving a state for Tamils in North and East (like in India) does not mean that they will be no more Srilankans. It is was Rajiv's and Jeyawardne' dream to negotiate with LTTE and then form such a state to settle the matter once for all. Such attempts were not for dividing the small country into two rather to keep the country as one with sharing of power with all. This will put an end to all possible violence and federal government with a state would allow people to integrate with each other. This also would not eliminate your point such as a Tamil Prime minister which I do not think will be possible for many decades. There are many good Sinhalese who would like to go with this. There was a clear political mind towards this until a few Buddhist priests and JVP protested this as if federalism is going to divide our country. This is not an impossible task for the present government to change constitution in a way that like in India a state power devolution can be given. But by winning the war if the government thinks that they can put an end to all claims of Tamils and threaten Tamils in front of the guns, it will not take a bit more time after M Karunanidhi (who is like Rajapakse, interested to promote only family and make the TN government as family property, giving some free goodies to people - which does not mean that I support any other party in TN either) and then the future governments in India might change the strategies towards Sri lanka the we will be back to the same situation again.
thusitha
BRFite

Post by thusitha »

Giving a state for Tamils in North and East (like in India) does not mean that they will be no more Srilankans. It is was Rajiv's and Jeyawardne' dream to negotiate with LTTE and then form such a state to settle the matter once for all. Such attempts were not for dividing the small country into two rather to keep the country as one with sharing of power with all. This will put an end to all possible violence and federal government with a state would allow people to integrate with each other.
Excellent, lets follow the Indian Model. What would it give us, Sinhala Tamil Utopia? Is that the case? Not sure how long you had the federal solution for. But are you really Integrated to India? If that is the case why did VP mother turned away from coming to India. Why did TNA MP was stopped coming to India? Why aren't people like Viko allowed to speak to their hearts content. I mean, why should India worry. Because India have given you the federal solution. The TN people are so happy that they wouldn't want anything else from India. Therefore people like Vaiko, TNA MPs, VP mother should have no impact on this happy bubbly TN people.

As far as I can see, there is something wrong. Indian government is afraid of something. They are afraid of TN uprising and trying to stop it before it starts. The people are unhappy (not all the people, but some of the people) and and people like Viako might lead an uprising. The ultimate goal of some of Tamil people is Independence. The more we let them go that way, more they will become emolden by it. India with its huge armies and organizations like RAW can quell this kind of thing. We are not that big enough to give Tamils a federal solution and then stop them fighting for independence afterwards. Haven't Sinhalese learnt that lesson from the Portugese, who wanted a tiny peace of land to set up a small camp (This is a legend, not sure how true it is).

The biggest problem I see is, not 3 million Tamil people asking for a 1/3 of SL. The biggest problem is Tamil people with a large community all around the world asking for a piece land in SL. We will be the next Palestine if we do that. My answer to this is, it is much preferable to live with the Terrorist bombing than being run over by Tamils.
thusitha
BRFite

Post by thusitha »

joshvajohn just read these articles. It is clear what Diaspora wants, or the thought and directions of some of the people. There is no stopping of this type of Tamil aspirations as long as people are doing this. That is why we look at Federalism a path or small step to Independence. I can guarantee you that if given the chance this is the direction TN would head. But this is not allowed in India. Therefore there is a huge pressure to achieve in SL.
Remandating VR, a unique opportunity to address Australian refugee crisis
[Fri, 16 Apr 2010, 12:15 GMT]
Australia’s announcement that it will not accept claims of asylum by Tamils in defiance of U.N convention merely strengthens the argument that independence as outlined by the Vaddukoddai Referendum remains the “silver bullet” in addressing underlining issues causing instability in Sri Lanka and must be adopted by the IC and imposed upon the Rajapakse administration, say Tamil advocates in Australia on the eve of the Tamil referendum.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

thusitha wrote:But are you really Integrated to India?...

As far as I can see, there is something wrong. Indian government is afraid of something. They are afraid of TN uprising and trying to stop it before it starts. The people are unhappy (not all the people, but some of the people) and and people like Viako might lead an uprising. The ultimate goal of some of Tamil people is Independence.
Are you referring to Tamil Nadu when you say TN? Have you ever come over this side? Do you have any idea of the scale and depth of economic, cultural and human linkages of TN with the rest of India? Maybe just to amuse myself, I should dig out how many Tamils from TN live outside TN and how many non Tamils live inside TN and show you. Or maybe you could visit Bangalore and curse in Tamil to see how many respond.
thusitha
BRFite

Post by thusitha »

Are you referring to Tamil Nadu when you say TN? Have you ever come over this side? Do you have any idea of the scale and depth of economic, cultural and human linkages of TN with the rest of India? Maybe just to amuse myself, I should dig out how many Tamils from TN live outside TN and how many non Tamils live inside TN and show you. Or maybe you could visit Bangalore and curse in Tamil to see how many respond

-------------------------------------------------------------
yeah, I mean TamilNadu. What you are saying and many other people in this blog is exactly the same. Also it shows in your poles as well. The thing I don't understand then, which to me is illogical is you trying to stop people like TNA MPs, VPs mother etc. coming to TN. Can you please explain that to me. Why are you trying to stop these people of coming to TamilNadu and expressing themselves freely.

Let me give you an example. If Vaiko decided to come to south of SL (not the north) and give a speech, SL government will say be my guest, because we have no problems in the south. But if he decide to do the same thing in the North, we would not allow that. Why, because we have a problem up there.

Now, although you make the statement that TN Tamils are integrated to India, by not allowing these people their freedom of speech, you are showing all is not good.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

thusitha,
no matter where you heard/read that from, thought of TN wanting to secede or people there having feelings of seceding is absolute hogwash. as someone who lived all his life in TN and has travelled extensively, if you were to say this to someone from tn, you'd be held in high esteem, right up there with koundamani and senthil. enough said.
thusitha
BRFite

Post by thusitha »

tsriram
thusitha,
no matter where you heard/read that from, thought of TN wanting to secede or people there having feelings of seceding is absolute hogwash. as someone who lived all his life in TN and has travelled extensively, if you were to say this to someone from tn, you'd be held in high esteem, right up there with koundamani and senthil. enough said.
tsriram,
Never said that all the people from TN want to secede from India. But there would be a minority faction and Indian government seem to be worried about it.

Anyway we are partly responsible for some of the Tamils being pissed of with India as they hold India responsible for what happened in SL.
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

First give freedom of speech and fair trail to former head of lankan army then talk about tamils in India.

S.Lanka's Fonseka to be convicted next week: party http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... UTn-OS2oJQ
COLOMBO — Sri Lanka's detained ex-army chief and opposition leader Sarath Fonseka is likely to be convicted early next week to prevent him appearing in parliament, his party said on Friday.
:rotfl:
And BTW if some loony from SL wants to hear vaiko speak and get drenched in his spit he or she can visit him at his home anytime.
thusitha
BRFite

Post by thusitha »

Avinash R
First give freedom of speech and fair trail to former head of lankan army then talk about tamils in India.

S.Lanka's Fonseka to be convicted next week: party http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... UTn-OS2oJQ
COLOMBO — Sri Lanka's detained ex-army chief and opposition leader Sarath Fonseka is likely to be convicted early next week to prevent him appearing in parliament, his party said on Friday.

And BTW if some loony from SL wants to hear vaiko speak and get drenched in his spit he or she can visit him at his home anytime.
The comments I published earlier are regarding the Federalism and whether it has made all the Tamils happy or not.
So making the above comment irrelevant.

Anyway to answer to your question,
Who said SL allows freedom of speech or democratic, or has a good HR record. We don't and it will be like that for some time to come. Just him being alive shows how good we treat traitors to the nation.

Further, he is a soldier under court martial. The due process would be followed by the army, otherwise our supreme court would annul it.
thusitha
BRFite

Post by thusitha »

Avinash R
Instead of making smart comments, why don't you answer my question regarding the reasons as to why Indian government stop some SL letting in to the country.
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

^ Reading you past comments on India and Tamils, i get a picture that you dont have slightest sympathy for what the tamil civilians had to go through during the war in SL. Tamil civilians got hammered both by the SL army and the LTTE. Your raison detre for coming here on this forum is seems to make clever by half comments like this.
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 71#p788471
thusitha wrote:Hmm. Let us see. What is the national language of India? Hindu and English.
Either you are exceedingly dense in the upper compartment or you are here only to flame and get into petty fights.
thusitha
BRFite

Post by thusitha »

^ Reading you past comments on India and Tamils, i get a picture that you dont have slightest sympathy for what the tamil civilians had to go through during the war in SL.
No,
I don't feel sorry for a single community. I feel sorry for every one in SL, who had to go through English Genocide, Two communist wars Communal Violence and then LTTE Terrorism.
Either you are exceedingly dense in the upper compartment or you are here only to flame and get into petty fights.
I am not here to flame anyone. I am merely responding to joshvajohn comments, which I see as very biased towards SLs. Making statement such as above shows your ability communicate on a blog.

What I am trying to state here is that:
Federal solution that lot of people touts as a good solution to an ethnic problem might have its own problem.
Even if it is right for India, that doesn't mean it might work in SL.

Lot of SL are not so comfortable with this idea. My own beliefs are equality to everybody not just by making statements, but by making sure whether it is actually implemented via taking proper statistical measures (such as income and wealth distribution among the population, university entrants, governmental employees, doctors, engineers etc).
I hope you are clever enough to understand why he posts what he posts.
Yeah, understandable most of the HR/NGO work is done by Chritians in SL.
Last edited by thusitha on 17 Apr 2010 11:13, edited 3 times in total.
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

thusitha wrote:I am not here to flame anyone. I am merely responding to joshvajohn comments.
Then click this link and read more about him in his own words
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 32#p440532

I hope you are clever enough to understand why he posts what he posts.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Re: India's R&D in Defence DRDO, PSUs and Private Sector

Post by Gaur »

Interview of a retd Naval Capt who recounts the scandalous incident of how he was framed by BARC as a spy just because he had repeatedly exposed their failures.

[youtube]A1mDYD6pq1E&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Links to rest of the parts:
Part-2:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJJ0L2ui ... r_embedded

Part 3:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBXMav5g ... r_embedded

PS (To mods): I am not really sure regarding the right thread for this post. If this is the wrong thread, then please accept my apologies and move it to the appropriate thread.
Nikhil T
BRFite

Re: Military Acquisitions, Partnerships & Developments

Post by Nikhil T »

Source: Livefist.blogspot.com
shukla
BRFite

Re: Military Acquisitions, Partnerships & Developments

Post by shukla »

^^^ OH MY GOD... Someones in Big trouble...
Avinash R
BRFite

Re: India's R&D in Defence DRDO, PSUs and Private Sector

Post by Avinash R »

^ We was a spy, got caught and now is whining about the "secret establishment" :wink:
karthik
BRFite

Re: GSLV D3 Launch Failure

Post by karthik »

Next time before Isro sends an 300crore Satellite i hope they safely cased in an reentry vehicle with parachutes so we dont have to make a colossal waist every time a rocket fails. It may be ok for uncles rich pocket but we need to figure out an way around this satellite dumping.
VikramS
BRFite

Re: GSLV D3 Launch Failure

Post by VikramS »

karthik wrote:Next time before Isro sends an 300crore Satellite i hope they safely cased in an reentry vehicle with parachutes so we dont have to make a colossal waist every time a rocket fails. It may be ok for uncles rich pocket but we need to figure out an way around this satellite dumping.
Most satellite launches are insured.

There is a big weight cost associated with a heat shield and it will cost a lost more to launch it.
Prabu
BRFite

Re: India Nuclear News And Discussion

Post by Prabu »

** Deleted **
Have PMed you.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by rohitvats »

Sharma wrote: They are not SFF and infact are not Indian. They are Dalai Lama's personal security guards which Indian Govt allow him to carry. Place is The Grand Dragon, Leh. Incidently the best hotel in Leh to stay in. I know many ex-NSG Ladakhis who are also part of his security team whenever Dalai Lama is in India.
True, they are not Indian. As are other gents and women who make up the SFF. But where do you think they learned to handle those fancy toys? :lol:
Sharma
BRFite

Post by Sharma »

rohitvats wrote:
Sharma wrote: They are not SFF and infact are not Indian. They are Dalai Lama's personal security guards which Indian Govt allow him to carry. Place is The Grand Dragon, Leh. Incidently the best hotel in Leh to stay in. I know many ex-NSG Ladakhis who are also part of his security team whenever Dalai Lama is in India.
True, they are not Indian. As are other gents and women who make up the SFF. But where do you think they learned to handle those fancy toys? :lol:
With over 1000 posts here I think you understand what does I mean by "Indian" here. If not then, I meant that they are not Indian controlled SFF or from any other Indian security force.

I do not know who provides them training but GoI is doing much more for these useless Tibetans in comparison to providing training. So make a guess.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Sharma wrote: I do not know who provides them training but GoI is doing much more for these useless Tibetans in comparison to providing training. So make a guess.
^^ These "useless" Tibetans sit freezing atop Siachen glacier while you read this post sitting comfortably in front of your computer. I wonder how much use are you of to this Nation as compared to these Tibetans. I'll make a guess.
Sharma
BRFite

Post by Sharma »

Gaur wrote:
Sharma wrote: I do not know who provides them training but GoI is doing much more for these useless Tibetans in comparison to providing training. So make a guess.
^^ These "useless" Tibetans sit freezing atop Siachen glacier while you read this post sitting comfortably in front of your computer. I wonder how much use are you of to this Nation as compared to these Tibetans. I'll make a guess.
I think you have crossed the age where I could have told you to learn some etiquettes, Clarifying before replying and more importantly how to judge once contribution towards his motherland.

If I am saying "useless" it is not necessarily means militarily (vis-a-vis SFF or Vikas). It has broader sense (perhaps beyond you).
atreya
BRFite

Post by atreya »

I think you have crossed the age where I could have told you to learn some etiquettes and how to judge once contribution towards his motherland.

If I am saying "useless" it is not necessarily means militarily (vis-a-vis SFF or Vikas). It has broader sense (perhaps beyond you). And they are not the only ones sitting there and it is not as if we will not be able to defend Soltoro without them.
Pray do tell us what "broader sense" you are talking about! I am curious to know! Or is it "beyond" me too?
vivekmehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivekmehta »

Sharma wrote:

I do not know who provides them training but GoI is doing much more for these useless Tibetans in comparison to providing training. So make a guess.
there useless people will be in first line of defense when ever dragon decide to rode across. i have a frn whose father was part of SFF . honestly according to him we are training and using them more or our interest then there's & they have provided yeomen service to us historically and in recent .
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Sharma wrote:With over 1000 posts here I think you understand what does I mean by "Indian" here. If not then, I meant that they are not Indian controlled SFF or from any other Indian security force.

Thank you for the detailed reply and showing deference to my post count. Let us proceed further....I don't know whether these are SFF or not. But I do know that I've never seen such a force of gun-totting security gaurds around HH Dalai Lama. His security is the responsibility of the local state police. All his security personnel are like the ones standing in back ground - in civvies.

But for a moment I'll take your word that they are not SFF and not Indian. And yet, they are carrying very sophisticated fire-arms and I guess, know how to use them. Fire arms no one in India is allowed to posess. And are in uniform. Has it occured to you that these could very well be SFF chaps from the unit rotated through Siachen? Unless, you can categorically state that they are not SFF - because the uniform does not match the normal pattern, your association with them in some form or other, any other logical reason? We can buy that - many of us come from fauji background and by default have access to things which might be out-of-bounds for others.

And as for the 'useless' comment - well, it is for the GOI to know what use to put them to. They've done quite a lot for this country. So, do educate us where this comment from 'broader sense' is coming from.
Sharma
BRFite

Post by Sharma »

atreya wrote:
I think you have crossed the age where I could have told you to learn some etiquettes and how to judge once contribution towards his motherland.

If I am saying "useless" it is not necessarily means militarily (vis-a-vis SFF or Vikas). It has broader sense (perhaps beyond you). And they are not the only ones sitting there and it is not as if we will not be able to defend Soltoro without them.
Pray do tell us what "broader sense" you are talking about! I am curious to know! Or is it "beyond" me too?
LoL...it is certainly beyond you as you yourself are saying. You look equaly retard or trying to show solidarity with the other. Anyways I belive there are many here like both of you so Broader sense means that these Tibetans are just sitting in India on huge GoI funds and facilities. They could not deliver for what for what they were given shelter for. Instead they are sucking in to our resources in Ladakh and whereever they have been given shelter. Local Ladakhis feel that they get step child treatment from both State and Central Govt. State Govt for being more Kashmir and Jammu centeric and Centre Govt for being more Tibetan centeric. Even average Vikas (Tibetan) soldiers get more hype then my own LS nunnus (Ladakh Scount soldiers).

Also you could know more with this http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/JC18Df01.html

And for Rohit, As you know that Indian Govt has allowed a Tibetan Govt in exile in Dharamshala and same way he is allowed to have his own security guards. Increase in threat perception for your HH after recent violence in Lhasa has increased the security detail also. Therefore we could see these guys. Well, these guys are not SFF for sure as XIV corps (read Army) is not responsible for security details of any visiting State head anywhere in country.
Last edited by Rahul M on 25 Apr 2010 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: questioning others intelligence or calling them 'retarded' might force others to return the favour to you. it's anyway not an acceptable method of discussion on BR. first warning.
Sharma
BRFite

Post by Sharma »

Rahul

Warning for calling retard a retard is fair. I apologies, but please make a guideline about those questioning other's usefulness to the nation? Would you please delete that as well.