Indian Army: News & Discussion

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
ParGha
BRFite

Re: Indian Army: News & Discussion

Post by ParGha »

Hitesh wrote:... they are expected to set forth examples for the soldiers...

I am wondering what the prevalent attitude of senior officers in the IA are regarding fitness of senior officers.
From what I have seen and heard it is more like: we have paid our dues in our youth, now we are family men so we should look and act like it, as long as we still do our jobs effectively we are ok; 15 years back endurance meant marching 20 miles and arriving battle ready, now it means reading 40 pages of gibberish reports at 2:00 am and issuing at a soldier-comprehensible 1 page order.

Believe it or not, most professional soldiers understand and accept that as the perfectly natural state of things. What irks them are junior officers who refuse to pay their dues, and what amuses them are senior officers who refuse to grow up. What particularly angers them are the senior officers who never paid their dues and junior officers in that "protected" career track. I agree with their opinion.

The lean American senior officers is a recent phenomenon (something that irks their heavier and larger bretheren who feel there is a concerted attempt by the lean ones at propagating their own kind). It kind of makes sense. To reach higher command these days a significant bit of academic accomplishment is required. In the US the academically inclined generally go towards endurance sports (x-country, biking) to fill out their resumes, while the larger build have traditionally rewarding American sports like football and basketball to pursue (which also tax the time available for studies, even if you are intelligent). No such paradigm exists in India.
ParGha
BRFite

Post by ParGha »

sawant wrote:OT how do the Chinese soldiers compare ... Pukis I guess are like SDREs only ... ( well they are equal to 10 yindoos anyway... so :rotfl: )
Chinese soldiers are about as tough as they come. Technically they are all conscripts but in practice the PLA gets to choose from a large and willing pool of quite eager volunteers. Nowadays they are also increasingly decently educated (since universal education policy) and capable of doing more technical tasks of modern warfare. Defintely an aspect worth watching.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

they are not technically conscripts IIRC, every district HQ is asked to send a fixed number of candidates who undergo training for a fixed period of time and then serve for 2-3 years, a percentage then opting to stay in the PLA. these people go on to form the massive PLA reserves. the most interesting part is the recent focus towards NCO training.

pardon inexactitudes, if any.
ParGha
BRFite

Post by ParGha »

Rahul M wrote:they are not technically conscripts IIRC, every district HQ is asked to send a fixed number of candidates who undergo training for a fixed period of time and then serve for 2-3 years, a percentage then opting to stay in the PLA. these people go on to form the massive PLA reserves. the most interesting part is the recent focus towards NCO training.

pardon inexactitudes, if any.
They are technically conscripts, as they are bound by law to serve. If someone is picked for service and refuses to go, he will be blacklisted for university seats, government jobs etc. (today, earlier they could end up in hard labor camps).
sunny y
BRFite

Post by sunny y »

Singha wrote:time magazine had a photo pic of tsp and indian soldiers in siachen. the tspians looked dirty, bedraggled , religious militia more than a disciplined and well dressed soldiery.

below essay is missing the paki side pics.
http://www.time.com/time/asia/photoessa ... ndia1.html
What the hell :evil:

Is the tricolour in the 5th pic upside down ??

I hope I am wrong...
ParGha
BRFite

Post by ParGha »

Ambar,
Indian PKs in Lebanon have very good relations with the IDF. It is quite common for IDF patrols to come by Indian posts to chat and rest; sometimes even dinners are hosted by each party alternatively. I don't know how appropriate it would be to say more about it, but suffice to say, the relations are very good and such bonhommie wouldn't exist if either side was involved in what you imply.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

ParGha wrote:Ambar,
Indian PKs in Lebanon have very good relations with the IDF. It is quite common for IDF patrols to come by Indian posts to chat and rest; sometimes even dinners are hosted by each party alternatively. I don't know how appropriate it would be to say more about it, but suffice to say, the relations are very good and such bonhommie wouldn't exist if either side was involved in what you imply.
Google,Pargha..there are still plenty of links up there to back what i have stated.Like i said,the blogs on jpost were buzzing back in 2005/06 about the Indian contingent of UNPKF accepting bribes and allowing Hezbollah to move arms and ammunition.Probably just a few bad apple,but bad nevertheless.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

the daily allowance for UN peacekeepers is quite generous, some countries make a living out of it (e.g. bangladesh)
and yes, lebanese women are truly gorgeous, and they take a lot of care in their appearance!! just do a google search for lebanese pop songs
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

in fact the BDR HQ massacre was apparently fueled by discontent in BDR over not allowed to join UN PK by BD army.
anjan
BRFite

Post by anjan »

Ambar wrote: Google,Pargha..there are still plenty of links up there to back what i have stated.Like i said,the blogs on jpost were buzzing back in 2005/06 about the Indian contingent of UNPKF accepting bribes and allowing Hezbollah to move arms and ammunition.Probably just a few bad apple,but bad nevertheless.
Please substantiate the "bad apples" comments with an official report of some sorts that proves/states Indian culpability. Rediff and its comments sections too are filled with rife speculations on everyone and his uncle. I'm not sure what that is supposed to "prove". Yes, there were murmurs about Ind Batt in UNIFIL but murmurs don't prove anything. Israel would like the UN to do it's(Israel's) job. Why should they? They are there to "keep the peace" not police the popln and not to advance Israel's cause. For what its worth Hezbollah spends its time cursing the UN too.

Edit: Let me also add that all UN missions are valued postings. They look good on your resume and the tax free dollars for a year are nothing to be sneered at for an Indian soldier. It's a great way to save up for a house or your kid's education or whatever.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Oh well..

srael-India relations, which have been nurtured over the years, could be threatened because of media allegations that Indian UNIFIL troops took bribes from Hizbollah in the kidnapping of three Israeli soldiers in the Mount Dov region last October, diplomatic sources told The Jerusalem Post Thursday night.

The sources said unconfirmed reports in Ma'ariv were placing strains on ties between the two countries.

According to the sources, India is expected to comment on the issue to Israel after the conclusion of next week's summit meeting between Indian Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee and Pakistani President Gen. Pervez Musharraf.

"The Indians are taking these reports extremely seriously and there could well be repercussions in terms of the ties that have been so carefully built up between Israel and India," said one of the sources.

"There are even some who think that these rumors may have been spread by those who might be construed as having a vested interest in undermining the strategic relations between India and Israel," the source said.

An Israeli diplomatic official said that criticism of the Indian unit leveled by Israeli ministers and high-level defense officials, has been widely quoted in the Indian press and "has caused a great deal of tension in our relations with that country."

The official was quoted as saying that Hizbollah television on Thursday reported that the Indian soldiers had been bribed to allow the kidnapping.

An official at the Indian embassy said that Hizbollah’s comments should be taken with a grain of salt, since it is obviously interested in aggravating relations between India and Israel, according to the Israeli paper.

The United Nations peacekeeping force in Lebanon rejected Thursday the allegations that Lebanese Hizbollah fighters bribed troops of its Indian contingent to allow them to snatch three Israeli soldiers, said AFP.

UNIFIL spokesman Timour Goksel said, "any unproven allegations are a slander and an insult.

"It is very easy to cast doubt on people and doubt their integrity by merely accusing them of maybe this and maybe that. This is nonsense and very cheap and I reject it completely."

Maariv said Israeli investigators had questioned soldiers of the contingent in India, including some who had negotiated the payment with Hizbollah. It added that senior officers of the contingent and of UNIFIL were not thought to be involved.

The paper quoted "a senior source close to" hard-line Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon as saying, "There is no doubt that what happened here will shake up the organization."

But Israeli Foreign Minister Shimon Peres said on Israeli army radio Thursday that he was unaware of Maariv's sources, adding: "We must be prudent, and verify what is the case."

Israel is furious with the UN because it refuses to hand over a videotape filmed by an Indian soldier of UNIFIL the day after Hizbollah seized the Israeli soldiers on October 7.

The tape shows the scene near the Israeli-held Shabaa Farms area where the kidnap took place, including vehicles used by Hizbollah and a number of Lebanese.

The UN, which only recently admitted the existence of the videotape in the face of Israeli requests for it, says Israel can only see an edited version with the faces of the Lebanese blurred out.

UN Secretary General Kofi Annan on Wednesday ordered an internal inquiry into the "mishandling" of the Israeli request for the tape, said the UN news service.

Spokesman Fred Eckhard told the press at UN Headquarters in New York on Wednesday that the inquiry, to be conducted by UN Under-Secretary-General for Management Joseph Connor, would also look into the subsequent handling of the tape and exchanges with the Israeli government.

"Mr. Connor has been asked to report to the Secretary-General as soon as possible," the spokesman said.

Explaining the motivation behind the probe, Eckhard said "frankly, the Organization was embarrassed, and its credibility was hurt, by what appears to be a mishandling of this event."

"The Secretary-General I think, as a manager, wants to have a review of the circumstances under which filming is done in peacekeeping missions and the way in which information is moved up the chain of command," he said.

But the United Nations stood firm in its refusal to give Israel an unedited version of the tape. "Our invitation to view an edited version of the tape is the secretary general's final offer," Eckhard stressed.

Hizbollah chief Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah warned Monday that the United Nations would be deemed to be "spying for the enemy" if it hands the videotape over to Israel.

The case has sparked new tension between Israel and the United Nations, which the Jewish state has long regarded as having an anti-Israeli bias.

"Definitely, it's not a good point in the relations between Israel and the UN," an Israeli diplomat told AFP on condition of anonymity.

Another diplomat pointed out that the dispute could undercut efforts by the United Nations to be "an honest broker" between conflicting parties in the Middle East.

Israel welcomed news of the internal UN inquiry but continued to insist that it be provided an unedited version of the tape.

A defense ministry statement said Defense Minister Binyamin Ben Eliezer Defense Minister will meet Anan in New York in 10 days, said Haaretz.

The two will discuss what the UN knows about the missing three soldiers held by the militant Hizbollah organization, an official told the paper.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

And while we are at it, why are we so up in ether thinking that our guys are holier than thou? Wasn't there a undercover report on one of the english language news channels in India that highlighted rampant corruption/bribery/illegal activities of armed forces stationed in the eastern borders? From siphoning off diesel from military trucks and selling them to unlicensed fuel vendors,to allowing illegal/undocumented people to enter the country..our armed forces are not immune to the disease of corruption no matter how much we like to play ostrich!
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

anjan wrote: Israel would like the UN to do it's(Israel's) job. Why should they? They are there to "keep the peace" not police the popln and not to advance Israel's cause. For what its worth Hezbollah spends its time cursing the UN too.

Edit: Let me also add that all UN missions are valued postings. They look good on your resume and the tax free dollars for a year are nothing to be sneered at for an Indian soldier. It's a great way to save up for a house or your kid's education or whatever.
It was UN that promised to maintain the sanctity of southern Lebanon and stop terrorists from attacking Israel's interests,in exchange Israel agreed to withdraw from Lebanon.If allowing militia to kidnap soldiers,dig up bases and move arms and ammunition is 'keeping peace',then i must admit UN has done a tremendous job so far!
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

Singha wrote:time magazine had a photo pic of tsp and indian soldiers in siachen. the tspians looked dirty, bedraggled , religious militia more than a disciplined and well dressed soldiery.

In the interest of completeness
Paki side pics : http://www.time.com/time/asia/photoessa ... /pak1.html

Full slide show at http://www.time.com/time/asia/photoessays/siachen
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

ambar, care to substantiate your stories?
anjan
BRFite

Post by anjan »

Ambar wrote:Oh well..
I ask for official reports that prove these allegations and you come back with news reports. And sadly news reports that actually seem to buttress my point.
"srael-India relations, which have been nurtured over the years, could be threatened because of media allegations"

The sources said unconfirmed reports in Ma'ariv were placing strains on ties between the two countries.

"There are even some who think that these rumors may have been spread by those who might be construed as having a vested interest in undermining the strategic relations between India and Israel," the source said.

An official at the Indian embassy said that Hizbollah’s comments should be taken with a grain of salt,

The United Nations peacekeeping force in Lebanon rejected Thursday the allegations that Lebanese Hizbollah fighters bribed troops of its Indian contingent to allow them to snatch three Israeli soldiers, said AFP.

UNIFIL spokesman Timour Goksel said, "any unproven allegations are a slander and an insult.
Is it just me or do we have a different understanding of the same language?

BTW the tapes you posted about were made by Ind Batt while securing two abandoned vehicles that were probably used for the kidnapping of the Israeli soldiers. That the UN chose not to give it to Israel is a NY HQ issue. It proves absolutely nothing against Ind Batt. in the actual act as alleged.
It was UN that promised to maintain the sanctity of southern Lebanon and stop terrorists from attacking Israel's interests,in exchange Israel agreed to withdraw from Lebanon.If allowing militia to kidnap soldiers,dig up bases and move arms and ammunition is 'keeping peace',then i must admit UN has done a tremendous job so far!
UN ops are based on restrictions and ROE that define what objectives are to be achieved and the level of force that may be used(UNSC resolutions form the basis of these). How does this in any way reflect on the men on the ground? :roll: And what does this have to do with your bribery allegations? Or perhaps you'll post proof and show us how UNSC resolutions existed/authorized same but were not implemented specifically on account of the alleged corruption?
And while we are at it, why are we so up in ether thinking that our guys are holier than thou? Wasn't there a undercover report on one of the english language news channels in India that highlighted rampant corruption/bribery/illegal activities of armed forces stationed in the eastern borders? From siphoning off diesel from military trucks and selling them to unlicensed fuel vendors,to allowing illegal/undocumented people to enter the country..our armed forces are not immune to the disease of corruption no matter how much we like to play ostrich!
Actually my problem is that in the absence of any official report implicating Indian troops and with official denials of the same by the MEA and the Indian govt. you'd rather still believe an Israeli newspaper with "unconfirmed reports" and slander good people. All I asked for was proof to back up your allegations.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

anjan wrote:
Ambar wrote:Oh well..
I ask for official reports that prove these allegations and you come back with news reports. And sadly news reports that actually seem to buttress my point.
"srael-India relations, which have been nurtured over the years, could be threatened because of media allegations"

An official at the Indian embassy said that Hizbollah’s comments should be taken with a grain of salt,

Is it just me or do we have a different understanding of the same language?

BTW the tapes you posted about were made by Ind Batt while securing two abandoned vehicles that were probably used for the kidnapping of the Israeli soldiers. That the UN chose not to give it to Israel is a NY HQ issue. It proves absolutely nothing against Ind Batt. in the actual act as alleged.
UN ops are based on restrictions and ROE that define what objectives are to be achieved and the level of force that may be used(UNSC resolutions form the basis of these). How does this in any way reflect on the men on the ground? :roll: And what does this have to do with your bribery allegations? Or perhaps you'll post proof and show us how UNSC resolutions existed/authorized same but were not implemented specifically on account of the alleged corruption?
Actually my problem is that in the absence of any official report implicating Indian troops and with official denials of the same by the MEA and the Indian govt. you'd rather still believe an Israeli newspaper with "unconfirmed reports" and slander good people. All I asked for was proof to back up your allegations.
Guess you have some comprehension issues,Anjan,time you revisit my previous posts on this topic. Probably you failed to notice/understand the phrase "i heard"/"buzzing in the press" and you ask for official reports! Sorry! Wish i had access to military documents of IDF,but i don't! I have posted what i recall from 2005,and supported them by "news reports" that i could access.If you dont care much for assumptions nor do i care for your suppositions!
anjan
BRFite

Post by anjan »

Ambar wrote: Guess you have some comprehension issues,Anjan,time you revisit my previous posts on this topic. Probably you failed to notice/understand the phrase "i heard"/"buzzing in the press" and you ask for official reports! Sorry! Wish i had access to military documents of IDF,but i don't! I have posted what i recall from 2005,and supported them by "news reports" that i could access.If you dont care much for assumptions nor do i care for your suppositions!
So your 6 posts on what makes UNIFIL attractive to Indian soldiers, bad apples in the soldiery, bribery etc was just you talking through your hat(which is an extremely mild way of putting it, given the serious allegations you make). Works for me.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

anjan wrote:
Ambar wrote: Guess you have some comprehension issues,Anjan,time you revisit my previous posts on this topic. Probably you failed to notice/understand the phrase "i heard"/"buzzing in the press" and you ask for official reports! Sorry! Wish i had access to military documents of IDF,but i don't! I have posted what i recall from 2005,and supported them by "news reports" that i could access.If you dont care much for assumptions nor do i care for your suppositions!
So your 6 posts on what makes UNIFIL attractive to Indian soldiers, bad apples in the soldiery, bribery etc was just you talking through your hat(which is an extremely mild way of putting it, given the serious allegations you make). Works for me.
Yep,figments of my imagination that 'mystically' made it to news reports.Glad something works for ya!
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

ambar

is this not an old post??

why bring it up now?? just tomake apoint??

and since when did we believe other people's allegations without any proof - what sort of rubbish is this?

oh by the way I have met Indian UN troops on R & R at Nahariya even recently. so proves nothing
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Surya wrote:ambar

is this not an old post??

why bring it up now?? just tomake apoint??

and since when did we believe other people's allegations without any proof - what sort of rubbish is this?

oh by the way I have met Indian UN troops on R & R at Nahariya even recently. so proves nothing
It was in the context of UN assignments.Guess even a remote introspect that there could be rotten apples in our forces makes some folks pedantic,point taken.I'll start considering all reports in media about crimes committed by personnel in our forces as 'baseless allegations'.

This would be my last response on this topic and let me add this : Back in 1998,i have witnessed first-hand one of the most brutal assaults that i have ever seen when a bunch of soldiers wrecked havoc on railway police and passengers in Hubli Railway Station,Karnataka.The crime? Railway police personnel ticketed a army officer who was riding his motorcycle on the platform! And no,i don't have any 'official' reports to back this either other than my eyes and my memory.

I have nothing but highest respect and admiration for women and men in our forces,but i am not up in ether enough to believe they are capable of no wrong.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Well the fact is that the army took action against other UN personnel when proven. Thats good enough for me to let this one fly if nothing came out of it.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

BijuShet wrote:

In the interest of completeness
Paki side pics : http://www.time.com/time/asia/photoessa ... /pak1.html

Full slide show at http://www.time.com/time/asia/photoessays/siachen
The first pic on the Paki side is a soldier practicing descent from mountain whereas the Indian side is a group of soldiers practicing climbing a rock face.

Says a lot, i guess :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

( also agree with Singha-saar's assessment about the Pakis really looking SDRE and ragged with real dirty/ill fitting clothes)
anjan
BRFite

Post by anjan »

Ambar wrote: It was in the context of UN assignments.Guess even a remote introspect that there could be rotten apples in our forces makes some folks pedantic,point taken.I'll start considering all reports in media about crimes committed by personnel in our forces as 'baseless allegations'.
What's pedantic about it? You make calumnious assertions on why people would want to go on certain UN missions. When called on it you proceed to downhill ski while chucking copious mud of dubious parentage every which way.

If you want to make accusations you should bring proof. Otherwise what basis is any discussion supposed to have? I have not asserted that the Army or its personnel are above doubt. They aren't. There will almost certainly exist cases of corruption and what not. They will be handled by the due process of the law. If you want to make broad-stroke generic accusations you should bring proof to the table. Proof does not include unattributed allegations from tabloids. Your personal witness of one incident, whether true or otherwise, is not proof for making other unrelated allegations either.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Why was AFSPA Instituted? ---- Col (Retd) Anil Bhat
http://claws.in/index.php?action=master ... 96&u_id=17

Special powers for armed forces: We need clarity, not emotions ---- Lt Gen Vijay Oberoi (Retd)
http://claws.in/index.php?action=master ... 94&u_id=12
Kanan
BRFite

Post by Kanan »

CBI wants To Black List 6 Defence Firms :

http://www.ndtv.com/.../cbi-asks-defenc ... -six-firms

If ST Kinetics is blacklisted the Light Howitzer acquisition for Army will be left with just one candidate: M777 and hence you can expect more delays unless we go for the FMS route! Its too irritating! :x
rudradeep
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rudradeep »

But aren't we already going through the FMS route for the M777?

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story ... India.html
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

sum wrote: ( also agree with Singha-saar's assessment about the Pakis really looking SDRE and ragged with real dirty/ill fitting clothes)
Ironically until the post 9-11 GWOT aid dollars came in they were looking even worse.
Carl_T
BRF Oldie

Post by Carl_T »

Speaking of pakis looking like sdres, anyone know the name of the blog with pictures of sdre paki soldiers next to indian ones? It was called something along the lines of "pakarmy.blogspot" but can't remember the name.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Ambar mian,

Someone protesting against unsubstantiated rumors alleging misconduct by Indian soldiers doesn't equate to claiming Indian soldiers are holier-than-thou. Tomorrow someone can claim without proof that you are a rapist - in that case if you protest and claim innocence, does that make you holier-than-thou? :roll:

If its your opinion, say so - don't make it into a fact.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Raja Bose wrote:Ambar mian,

Someone protesting against unsubstantiated rumors alleging misconduct by Indian soldiers doesn't equate to claiming Indian soldiers are holier-than-thou. Tomorrow someone can claim without proof that you are a rapist - in that case if you protest and claim innocence, does that make you holier-than-thou? :roll:

If its your opinion, say so - don't make it into a fact.
I had mentioned in my previous post in this thread that it would be my 'last',guess i have left the topic open-ended.

'Allegation' would have been a apt word to use if i had made first-hand claims of Indian cont.soldiers posted in Lebanon accepting bribes and had claimed that i believe in no alternatives.I have been clear on this right from my first post that it is something that i have 'read/heard/they have been accused' on the prelude to 2006 Lebanon war. Asking for 'official reports' to prove/disprove everything published in the press would make 80% of the posts in this forum irrelevant.I am sure it is not a failure to comprehend my words,my english is not good enough to make my posts convoluted that one fails to understand second-hand accounts from facts!Arguments for the sake of argument is never ending,i have neither the inclination nor the time to dissect my own words over and over again.
pksingh_iitk
BRFite -Trainee

Requirement of temporary structures for military

Post by pksingh_iitk »

Hi,
I am studying the market for temporary structures requirement for the defence.

I wanted to understand the market size for these products. These structures are essentiallly large tents which can be used for semi permanent uses such as
1: Storage warehouses
2: Aircraft hangars,
3: All other temporary and semi permanent "shelter"structures like parking bays, temporary housing, large halls for messing facilities etc.

An example of these structures can be found on this site:
http://www.veldemangroup.com/eng/getpage.asp?i=708
As such defence procurement data for such products is really unobtainable.

Any pointers on would be very helpful:
1: any further applications for such products...i.e. rapid deployment command centers??
2: pointers for overall market size - annually (I am trying to figure out the sq ft requirement per annum)

/////////////////////
I did try to make an assessment from the defence expenditure side but all i was able to reach to was:
the revenue expenditure->revenue works-> (for each of the defence wings)
expenditure->revenue works-> (for each of the defence wings)

For tents the itme would be a part of stores expenditure ( just a guess, not sure)
for more permanent applications like aircraft hangar (it could figure in the revenue works side)

However a further breakup was not possible and hence I was stumped at this point
/////////////////////////
another approach would be to make an approximation from the requierment perspective...i.e. strength of the forces - aproximate personnel in forwards positions etc etc...but again no figures for those approximations :-(
////////////////////////

Any help on the approximations would be a great help.

Regards
Paritosh
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Ambar wrote:i have neither the inclination nor the time to dissect my own words over and over again.
Then stop making such statements which have no basis in facts (official or otherwise). I am sure you know the meaning of "insinuation". TIA.
Juggi G
BRFite
Location: Martyr Bhagat Singh Nagar District, Doaba, Punjab, Bharat. De Ghuma ke :)

Post by Juggi G »

Artillery Gun Purchase Stalled Again
The Tribune, Chandigarh, India
Kanan
BRFite

Post by Kanan »

The artillery acquisition has become a kind of joke!
Our soldiers' life will be at great risk if enemies decide on an adventure! :evil:

It seems war will break out this decade becuase India will be at its weakest!

>No sufficient Artillery!

>Shortage in fighter squadrons!

>Inadequate no.of Frigates and Destroyers!

Enemies would strike when we are at the weakest!
ManuT
BRFite

Post by ManuT »

Juggi G wrote:Artillery Gun Purchase Stalled Again
The Tribune, Chandigarh, India
quote ...
The latest hurdle is on the ground that only one bidder was remaining in the race and the Ministry of Defence does not allow purchases in case there is only one vendor selling the equipment. :shock:
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Separately, sources pointed out that the CBI, in a communiqué last week, to the Ministry of Defence, had sought that Singapore Technologies Kinetics and three other foreign firms should be blacklisted. The ministry would go by the CBI advice, sources said. This was another factor behind stalling the trials of the guns, they added.
Soon there may not be anyone to respond to a tender.
:roll:
Raghavendra
BRFite

Post by Raghavendra »

Soldier's remains consigned to flames 48 years after his death
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/814 ... es-48.html
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Gerard wrote:
Separately, sources pointed out that the CBI, in a communiqué last week, to the Ministry of Defence, had sought that Singapore Technologies Kinetics and three other foreign firms should be blacklisted. The ministry would go by the CBI advice, sources said. This was another factor behind stalling the trials of the guns, they added.
Soon there may not be anyone to respond to a tender.
:roll:

That may be the very purpose of people who are instigating the whole affair.

This process has been going on for years.