Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by SaiK »

devesh wrote:those were the heady days of Nehru primacy. things have gone downhill since. especially, post-Indira, dynasty seems to have lost attachment with the region.
how long can one resist joot bolo, loot maro dynasty?
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^Guderian garu,
You articulated my thinking perfectly and then some... Yes, I did have the jangipur results in mind... And minority dominated seats - Malda where INC has traditionally been strong? The Dinajpurs, perhaps... anyway, Howrah and barasat shuold be contested with full vigor by bhajpa anyway.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Singha wrote:Anoop feels that he should not have behaved in such a manner as it was a party meeting. "I laughed as this initiative was not being done constructively. There has been huge demand from people to extent the project for agricultural activities but that is not yet being done," he added.
Anoop Chandran was lucky that it was a Youth Congress meeting. This fellow was sloshed out. In local Malayalam channels, there was an interview when he was sitting in the police station. He abused the journalists and was also refusing for a medical test (to prove that he was drunk). If this fellow had done the same in a commie meeting (especially in mafia lands like Kannur), he would now be recuperating in the hospital.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

krishnan wrote:
@KapilSibal Sir, believe me i really love your show, Comedy nights with Kapil.
same person

On the contrary it is 'Comedy Days with Kapil'!!!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Guys a request. Have pity on those with phones when you post a half line comment to a big jpeg or a two page post!!! It just eats up the bandwidth. So dont quote the whole post or the picture if you can.
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

Muppalla wrote:Gossip guru site is brought down by GOI.
If true then it definitely validates the following "Gossip" :twisted:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bac1c5RCcAAooKh.png:large

Lalkaar rally crowd:
https://twitter.com/RefugeeBlues/status ... to/1/large
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Guderian wrote:My reading of MB's politics is that she is not entirely opposed to Namo's rise to PMship and when time comes she will actually facilitate his rise, indirectly, just as she facilitated PM's rise to Rashtrapati. MB is constrained by the 25% minority vote. However remember that in Jangipur bye election it was the BJP that come second even though TMC had contested the elections, all helped by tacit voting for the BJP by TMC cadres. Expect the BJP to get 5-7 seats in WB in the next election, especially in minority dominated constituencies, all helped by TMC's tacit voting. My prediction is that TMC may get upto 30 seats in WB, followed by 6 for BJP, 4 for CPM and perhaps 2 for INC. In addition irrespective of whoever comes to power MB may decide to stay in opposition. This is actually helpful for NM as there is no left left to support congress. Net result MB keeps her minority votebank and NM gets to be PM.
Are you referring to the Jangipur Lok Sabha by elections in 2012? If so, I think the BJP came third, and TMC did not contest (unless they supported an independent) or a small party. The BJP won only about 10.5% of the vote. Here is a link to the election results.

http://www.pragoti.in/node/4801
Malayappan
BRFite

Post by Malayappan »

muraliravi wrote: Nagesh ji,

Thank you for the details. Lets hope they make the 3 seats. My whole grouse is that Namo was batting for communities like Shias who may vote for him (25% chance),...
One more point there - Gujjars and Bakherwals in Jammu can also be Muslims....
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

About J&K, there is another issue of Jammu getting less seats than Kashmir even when population of Jammu is more than Kashmir.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080920/j ... 861180.jsp
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Singha wrote:I wonder why relatives of the Netaji were meeting him. cat would be among JLN gang & associated historians if namo could unearth and publicize some dark deeds of the early congis on the netaji front.
Link
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

Hi,

Now that the issue of J&K is trending, please help me to locate a report that I read long back on BRF. The content of the report is as follows.
1) Around 1 million Hindu/Sikh migrated from PoK to Indian side because of occupation of PAK.
2) They were deprived of their voting rights. In fact the assembly constituencies were left vacant rather than allowing these people to fill those seats.

Can some one locate that info and we can spread it on SM.

Thanks
Vamsee
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

What happened to this Aakar Patel guy :eek:. Would like to know why/how sudden change of stance to pro-Modi article. Someone cleansed him for good :rotfl:
narendra-modi-will-come-out-stronger-after-state-elections

Mrs. Tharoor after Lalkaar rally. Can't get better than this. :wink:

This comment is too good. :lol:
Last edited by SagarAg on 03 Dec 2013 00:58, edited 1 time in total.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

It's happening. Journalists are jumping ship. They don't want to be on the other side of the fence when Modi comes to power.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

don't let them jump ships... let them dorks perish on the same ship that carries the dynasty to hell.
we need new breeds of journos... perhaps, create/engage them differently.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Vamsee wrote:Hi,

Now that the issue of J&K is trending, please help me to locate a report that I read long back on BRF. The content of the report is as follows.
1) Around 1 million Hindu/Sikh migrated from PoK to Indian side because of occupation of PAK.
2) They were deprived of their voting rights. In fact the assembly constituencies were left vacant rather than allowing these people to fill those seats.

Thanks
Vamsee
I don't know which you mean. There was this that I had posted earlier.

Actually it is not impossible to get rid of Article 370. GoI can nominate 24 MLAs which should represent PoK. Their representation is envisioned in J&K Constitution.

With Jammu (20 MLAs) + Udhampur (17 MLAs) + Ladakh (4 MLAs) and PoK (24 MLAs) one gets 65 MLAs. ⅔ majority in J&K Assembly (101) is 67. With another 2 MLAs from rest (Srinagar, Baramulla, Anantnag) one could theoretically change the J&K Constitution, and thus get rid of Article 370.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

ON journo's jumping ship, anyone notice the Hindu changing course?
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

RajeshAji, I don't understand the mathe, is PoK represented in J&K? if the answer is no, how can we count them in?
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Speaking of Namo's impact - barkha dutt's program with Sunanda pushkar on Art 370/etc http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/the-bu ... -justadded
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

muraliravi wrote:
RoyG wrote:Who so much fuss about mentioning pundits in the speech? Giving ammunition to the Congress so late in the game is counterproductive. You have a state full of lazy and increasingly radicalized Muslims and you want them to vote for you. Why in the hell would you mention pundits? He has made a tactical move by leaving them out and instead directing all their focus and anger towards their leaders who have done nothing for the state. Meanwhile, he has started the debate on 370 in the rest of the country. If you manage to get the entire country on your side wrt to 370 everything else will fall into place on its own. The second 370 is removed all these separatists and their perverted ideology will be finished for good.
Saar ji, please get some history on this. BJP has won the 2 seats in Jammu in the past, has never even got the deposit in the 4 seats in the valley. Hindus are in majority in both seats in jammu. The muslims that you are talking about never voted for bjp and will never vote. The pandits have voted for bjp in the past and have also voted congress. Modi was foolish in not mentioning them. Did you see pandits in the rally or did you see skull caps? I am not sure my eye sight did not fail me. If modi ever thought that sunni muslims of J&K will vote for him, he has already lost the plot.
murali, your points above make sense. Maybe in Jammu, Modi should have talked about KPs.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

venug wrote:RajeshAji, I don't understand the mathe, is PoK represented in J&K? if the answer is no, how can we count them in?
Those 24 seats are reserved but never filled. Only 87 assembly seats are contested, and majorities searched only from among these. Those 24 vacant seats stand forgotten. PoK is not represented in Assembly by any MLAs, but is represented theoretically in the J&K Constitution.
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

Goa CM meets Kiran Reddy for possible alliance :eek: :eek: :eek:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 754543.cms
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

RajeshA wrote:
Vamsee wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Vamsee
I don't know which you mean. There was this that I had posted earlier.

Actually it is not impossible to get rid of Article 370. GoI can nominate 24 MLAs which should represent PoK. Their representation is envisioned in J&K Constitution.

With Jammu (20 MLAs) + Udhampur (17 MLAs) + Ladakh (4 MLAs) and PoK (24 MLAs) one gets 65 MLAs. ⅔ majority in J&K Assembly (101) is 67. With another 2 MLAs from rest (Srinagar, Baramulla, Anantnag) one could theoretically change the J&K Constitution, and thus get rid of Article 370.
Rajeshji,

Vat you talking? GoI has no presence in PoK. This nehru has really made this a phucking challenge for us. He was in charge of integrating one state, and he messes it up. Oh well, no matter. We'll just have to be more innovative in further integrating it into the union.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

Rajesh ji, Thanks, I see, so how does one count their choice when they are vacant? is their any amendment that was passed after PoK was given away in J&K assembly? may be that will give us an idea how their vote will be counted?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

RoyG wrote:
RajeshA wrote:I don't know which you mean. There was this that I had posted earlier.

Rajeshji,

Vat you talking? GoI has no presence in PoK. This nehru has really made this a phucking challenge for us. He was in charge of integrating one state, and he messes it up. Oh well, no matter. We'll just have to be more innovative in further integrating it into the union.
Issue of physical presence in PoK and sovereignty over it is a different matter. Question of Article 370 a different matter. PoK would have to be dealt with when India is ready, Pak is soft and some international troublemakers have their own troubles to deal with. However getting rid of Article 370 is an electoral matter which is surmountable. Would allow other Indians to take up residency there and turn around the political economic security situation in J&K, thus providing India with a spring board to solving PoK as well.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

No he is presenting a way forward. Nominate 24 people for the PoK Assy seats and change the Assy composition and the J&K Constitution. Then have them pass a resolution to remove Art 370 from Indian Constituion and get that ratified.
Congress would not allow the nomination so far.

Omar bhai will come running around as soon as such ideas are discussed.
If GOM can divide AP without the people's consent why cant another GOM integrate J&K into India!
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Parrikar seems likes someone who can get the job done. The way he dealt with Rapepal was impressive. Interesting how is he being given the responsibility of dealing with Andhra fallout.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

Rajesh ji, as per wiki, 24 of these PoK seats:
These seats are not taken into account for reckoning the total membership of the Assembly, especially for deciding quorum and voting majorities for legislation and government formation.[1][3]
so these matter still wrt 370?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

venug wrote:Rajesh ji, Thanks, I see, so how does one count their choice when they are vacant? is their any amendment that was passed after PoK was given away in J&K assembly? may be that will give us an idea how their vote will be counted?
I think it was left to posterity to solve PoK issue and thus allow those 24 seats to be filled through elections. However since this is not possible one can choose different ways.

Here is a solution I suggested 2½ ago.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Looks like BJP finally decided to get smart on AP. If KKR breaks away, could it be a tripartite BJP-TDP-KKR alliance? And what exactly is BJP negotiating for?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

venug wrote:Rajesh ji, as per wiki, 24 of these PoK seats:
These seats are not taken into account for reckoning the total membership of the Assembly, especially for deciding quorum and voting majorities for legislation and government formation.[1][3]
so these matter still wrt 370?
That is the defacto situation. If GoI could find a way to "find" those 24 MLAs from PoK, then they would have to be considered for majorities.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

Rajesh ji, any idea what is the majority of these Balwaristanis want? do they genuinely want to unite with India? if yes then theoretically one can keep hopes that say when such a day comes when PoK is reunited with India, we can count their votes. But if they are dead against Indian union and they are wahhabis, then even if they unify, we wont get their votes for abrogation of A370.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

ramana wrote:No he is presenting a way forward. Nominate 24 people for the PoK Assy seats and change the Assy composition and the J&K Constitution. Then have them pass a resolution to remove Art 370 from Indian Constituion and get that ratified.
Congress would not allow the nomination so far.

Omar bhai will come running around as soon as such ideas are discussed.
If GOM can divide AP without the people's consent why cant another GOM integrate J&K into India!
I get it now. It's a good start. Only thing is, the Pakistanis aren't going to sit idly by. It will be like the yankee adventure in afghanistan on crack and part of the population in that case will side with them.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

This Pakis will take advantage of yanqui adventure is getting tiresome. The pakis live on yanqui dole. If the world economy turns south, the PRC won't be funding them. The Iran rapproachment will increase oil availability and thus lowering prices. Leads to drying up KSA resources.

Only problem is as long as Congress is in Delhi the Pakis will get a lifeline.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

The PRC will continue to fund Pakistan. It's so much cheaper than stationing assets on the Sino-Indian border. Iran supplying us will oil also wont make much of a difference. KSA will still be making tons of money from it's oil. Wont make much of a difference.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

I'm going to count the chicken before the eggs hatch. It is going to be 4-0 in favor of BJP in the State Assembly Elections.

In the aftermath, I'm expecting Karnataka Janata Paksha (KJP), Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) and Himachal Lokhit Party (HLP) to fold up and merge with BJP soon after.

Also there is going to be a total collapse of the anti-Modi rhetoric and the elusive Rahul charm. The most interesting thing would be whether Congress's so-called leaders would still be convincingly be making a case for Rahul or will they dump him.

From Dec 8, start Congress's Panic Days.
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

From Dynasty POV:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 734502.cms

NEW DELHI: According to a report in the Huffington Post, Congress president Sonia Gandhi is the 12th richest political leader in the world.

With $2 billion wealth, Gandhi is believed to be richer than the British Queen Elizabeth II, Sultan of Oman Qaboos bin Said and Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad.

To compile the list, Huffington Post compared each country's GDP per capita juxtaposed with a leader's personal net worth, just to show 'how different life is for the haves and have-nots'.

If true, let me guess she's a great stock picker.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

venug wrote:Rajesh ji, any idea what is the majority of these Balwaristanis want? do they genuinely want to unite with India? if yes then theoretically one can keep hopes that say when such a day comes when PoK is reunited with India, we can count their votes. But if they are dead against Indian union and they are wahhabis, then even if they unify, we wont get their votes for abrogation of A370.
Well mostly they are Shias who have been overrun by TSPA-supported Sunni hardliners. Pakjabi Dawas ate up all the aid that poured in in the aftermath of the 2005 Earthquake. Balwaristanis did not get anything. Pakjabis and Pushtun are busy exploiting the resources. But due to poverty, many do end up in Jihadi madrassas.

However all this is beside the point.

I'm saying GoI can appoint just about any "Aryan" look person for the seat and claim he represents such and such people. We can pick any of the migrants from across the LoC and say we have found our representative.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

Rajesh Ji, now I understand after reading yours and ramana garu's post.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Cosmo_R wrote:From Dynasty POV:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 734502.cms

NEW DELHI: According to a report in the Huffington Post, Congress president Sonia Gandhi is the 12th richest political leader in the world.

With $2 billion wealth, Gandhi is believed to be richer than the British Queen Elizabeth II, Sultan of Oman Qaboos bin Said and Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad.

To compile the list, Huffington Post compared each country's GDP per capita juxtaposed with a leader's personal net worth, just to show 'how different life is for the haves and have-nots'.

If true, let me guess she's a great stock picker.
How do people estimate Sonia Gandhi's net worth? It has to be from known sources. How do they equate to $2B if it is from known sources?