BR Meet - Pune

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

BR Meet - Pune

Post by nikhil_p »

Hi All,

When and where shall the intellectuals meet. Lets decide a time and place.

Thanks.

P.S: Adminullahs - This thread should be hallalled after a fortnight please!
VikB
BRFite

Re: BR Meet - Pune

Post by VikB »

I wonder why no replies to a Meet.

Nikhil considering the swine flu, how about the venue be Mumbai (as it also helps that I am in Mumbai onliee :mrgreen: )
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

it should be in mumbai bcoz...

-Mumbai is the commercial and entertainment centre of India, generating 5% of India's GDP,[6] and accounting for 25% of industrial output, 40% of maritime trade, and 70% of capital transactions to India's economy

-Mumbai is home to important financial institutions such as the Reserve Bank of India, the Bombay Stock Exchange, the National Stock Exchange of India and the corporate headquarters of numerous Indian companies and multinational corporations.

-The city also houses India's Hindi film and television industry, known as Bollywood.

-Mumbai's business opportunities, as well as its potential to offer a higher standard of living, attract migrants from all over India and, in turn, make the city a potpourri of many communities and cultures.

Awww....crap, i want it to be in mumbai coz i stay there!!! :D :twisted:
Last edited by Dmurphy on 25 Aug 2009 21:07, edited 1 time in total.
kidoman
BRFite

Post by kidoman »

Count me in..
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Would vote for Pune over Mumbai. Will try to make it.
girish.r
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by girish.r »

Am available for Pune meet too. :|
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

Pune has an AFB...it also has the Southern command HQ...also the SRPF training centre...etc etc...so...PUNE it is...
I was thinking of sometime Next month...on a weekend. Guys lets come up with some dates!
PPL from Mumbai...come down to Pune...I am planning on a barbecque...
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

an advice, put up an email ID for contact. sometimes non member lurkers turn up as well.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Alright, you can have it then guys.

Talking of Pune, here's something i found the last time i was there. Its a captured Patton tank from the Batlle of Loungewala. :) on display at Sambhaji Udyaan
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

^^^^ there are a lot of other interesting army stuff we could see..
drop me an email

nikhilzmail at gmale dot com
Angre
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Angre »

I am in town first 3 weeks of Oct. If the schedule works out, I would love to join-in.
VikB
BRFite

Post by VikB »

nikhil_p wrote:Pune has an AFB...it also has the Southern command HQ...also the SRPF training centre...etc etc...so...PUNE it is...
I was thinking of sometime Next month...on a weekend. Guys lets come up with some dates!
Pune also has Paki flu :twisted: . Though your barbecque offer is tempting.

Mumb(h)ais, what are you doing ? Pune Ghats people (dare not call them ghattis) are outnumbering and outmanouevering us. Rise and shine and chip in.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Let's see.I have an active "starred" friend whom I need to meet some time soon.Will let U guys know.,
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

VikB wrote:
nikhil_p wrote:Pune has an AFB...it also has the Southern command HQ...also the SRPF training centre...etc etc...so...PUNE it is...
Pune also has Paki flu :twisted: . Though your barbecque offer is tempting.

Mumb(h)ais, what are you doing ? Pune Ghats people (dare not call them ghattis) are outnumbering and outmanouevering us. Rise and shine and chip in.
To protect against the Phlu...I will arrange for masks from the famous Tulshi Bazaar... (second hand of course :) )
And BBQ does not have pork...

Phleej to note he mail address..
nikhilzmail at gmale dot com
amol.p
BRFite

Post by amol.p »

count me in...contact me at aprasadi at yahoo dot co dot in
VikB
BRFite

Post by VikB »

Hey just an observation - what does the garu log not replying for a meet? I am sure some of the 'oldies' must be around too here.

Nikhil - mail to you soon.
animesharma
BRFite

Post by animesharma »

BR meet at my door steps... thats a nice idea...
guys i will love to be part of it.

Beside...abt the confusion b/w mum and pune.. i have few suggestions:

1) i will really appreciate it as an official BR meet in pune. Hence it can be made a regular annual or bi-annual meet.
2)Pune is also youth capitol of india...so looking in to BR future..it is strategically imp.
3)being selfish... i am in pune at present!

Advice to non-puneites about swine flu...it is indeed serious, but with proper precautions(masks) and selecting a non-crowded venue , we can still make it a success. May i suggest some park, or restro in areas like PCMC which is less affected and is well connected.

there's a b'ful park in nigadi (in PCMC)..and as i live here.. i can say this area has almost none actual swine flu cases...

looking forward for responses...
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Dmurphy wrote:Alright, you can have it then guys.

Talking of Pune, here's something i found the last time i was there. Its a captured Patton tank from the Batlle of Loungewala. :) on display at Sambhaji Udyaan

Pardon my fading memory of my childhood in Pune - is this the park on Jangli Maharaj road - Deccan Gymkhana.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

shiv wrote:Pardon my fading memory of my childhood in Pune - is this the park on Jangli Maharaj road - Deccan Gymkhana.
You're right on the money!!! :mrgreen:
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

animesharma wrote:BR meet at my door steps... thats a nice idea...
guys i will love to be part of it.

Beside...abt the confusion b/w mum and pune.. i have few suggestions:

1) i will really appreciate it as an official BR meet in pune. Hence it can be made a regular annual or bi-annual meet.
2)Pune is also youth capitol of india...so looking in to BR future..it is strategically imp.
3)being selfish... i am in pune at present!

Advice to non-puneites about swine flu...it is indeed serious, but with proper precautions(masks) and selecting a non-crowded venue , we can still make it a success. May i suggest some park, or restro in areas like PCMC which is less affected and is well connected.

there's a b'ful park in nigadi (in PCMC)..and as i live here.. i can say this area has almost none actual swine flu cases...

looking forward for responses...
Actually I was planning on a place where we could have a large place for BBQ and fun etc...One option is Sigree in DP road, large table with coal BBq's in the table...approx 450 per head and we could get group discounts...
Or...
Some place where we meet and travel to a place like wadeshwar or something and set upa BBQ camp...
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Guys, if it HAS to be in Pune, please see to it that the venue is convenient enough for Mumbaikars too. If don't happen to have any exams on that day, i'll definitely make it a point to come down.

And would a BBQ mean overnight stay?
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

Dmurphy wrote:Guys, if it HAS to be in Pune, please see to it that the venue is convenient enough for Mumbaikars too. If don't happen to have any exams on that day, i'll definitely make it a point to come down.

And would a BBQ mean overnight stay?
Not necessarily...late evening at the most! Could be lonavala as well...

P.S: At last after almost three years...I am on the verge of losing the trainee tag!!! :twisted:
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

^^
Ok...decide upon t fast! :)
saumitra_j
BRFite

Post by saumitra_j »

Nikhil: I have dropped you a mail some days back with my phone number - if we decide on Lonavala, we can also have some of our BR Mumbai folks (Austin/Kapil/Aditya M et al) join us .....!

Paging Kapil/Austin and other Mumbai members......- how about a mega* Mumbai/Pune meet?

cheers,

Saumitra
* In these days of swine flu, mega could mean 4-5 people onlee... :)
VikB
BRFite

Post by VikB »

If there are quite a few of Mumbaikars for the meet, we can also go together specially if the venue is Lonavala which would require a vehicle for returning at night.
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

VikB wrote:If there are quite a few of Mumbaikars for the meet, we can also go together specially if the venue is Lonavala which would require a vehicle for returning at night.
I have a car which could accomodate 4 (other than me) from Pune...i think a Mega meet will be a GREAT idea.
girish.r
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by girish.r »

nikhil_p wrote:
VikB wrote:If there are quite a few of Mumbaikars for the meet, we can also go together specially if the venue is Lonavala which would require a vehicle for returning at night.
I have a car which could accomodate 4 (other than me) from Pune...i think a Mega meet will be a GREAT idea.
Well adding to what nikhil said, me to can accomodate 3 with me. :)
Lonavala sounds good.....the drive would be worthwhile and so would be meeting the BRFITE's!!
VikB
BRFite

Post by VikB »

Koi hai (implying a shout) with a gaddi and going from Mumbai to Lonavala. Me got no gaddi though I am paying the EMI of one :(
VikB
BRFite

Post by VikB »

And hey Punewalas, expect a decent yindoo 'Namaskar' only at the meet. No hand shakes and hugging (until it is too good to be missed) :P :mrgreen:
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

wowie...BTW...spoke with a resort in l'vala...it is a water park cum gamezone...drinks available...
He said that we could get group discounts as well... :)
2nd October is a good day as it is a weekday...holiday for schools/offices...or suggest another date ppl...
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

nikhil_p wrote:wowie...BTW...spoke with a resort in l'vala...it is a water park cum gamezone...drinks available...
He said that we could get group discounts as well... :)
2nd October is a good day as it is a weekday...holiday for schools/offices...or suggest another date ppl...
Hey people...what say?
Angre
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Angre »

Will have to pass on this one - unless the date is pushed back.
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

^^^
Like i mentioned in the first post..the date is flexible and we should come up with the date...discussion...I just gave a suggestion. :oops:
VikB
BRFite

Post by VikB »

Bhat has happened to all the josh ??

Nikhil - take the lead dude. You are no longer a 'trainee' also !!! :D so you got to show more josh. You have most of our email IDs/phone number. Just call everyone up once to have live chit chat.

As for the meet - please go ahead and fix a date. Some will come and some will miss. We will NEVER get a 100% attendance.

Btw, I think you got the trainee tag removed after you started this thread. So this might be your reward by moderator-ullahs. Dont let them down lest you invite their wrath and get reduced to old trainee status again :P
Raja Ram
BRFite

Post by Raja Ram »

Oct 2 is being suggested and there is a venue that is identified with drinks :shock: :shock: BRFites should not drink on Oct2 at least no? :lol:

Guys you better learn how to get a meeting done from the dull and boring us chennai jingoes. In no time we had a meeting. Makes me proud of Chennai jingoes onlee.

I keep travelling to Mumbai very often, if your meeting and my trip coincides, would love to meet with some gentle readers of BR.

But first get going people! All the best!!

p.s. Dont give too much importance to the gentle leg pulling indulged above. The more BR meetings the better I feel.
sumeet_s
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sumeet_s »

Yeah..me too lookin for an early date....even last weekend of sep would be fine....
and if Oct 2 is what all are lookin for...i hope the dates don't slip forward by a day or 2 :roll: :roll: cos have my convocation on Oct 3...
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

wokhay...

coming in Josh...now...

guys...Request everyone who has yet to hemale me...please to shend your contact number...
Also mark the subject line as BR: Pune meet....

nikhilzmail hat gee male dhot khom

I suggest we meet on last weekend of this month....
sumeet_s
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sumeet_s »

any venue fixed???
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

Lonavala...kumar Resort...

or

some Ghat area where we could set up open camp...

Paging Mumbai folks...
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Looks like Mumbai folks are planning a meet of their own. We should have a combined meet sometime, but travelling to Lonavala takes a little doing. Could have a low-key meet in Pune any time, even if number of attendees is in single digits.