Former BSF jawan in need of help

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Former BSF jawan in need of help

Post by Mahendra »

Former BSF jawan in need of help:NDTV video

Admins pls forgive, didnt know where to post, pls move/delete as necessary
Bhaskar
BRFite

Re: Former BSF jawan in need of help

Post by Bhaskar »

This made me cry... :(
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

I am ready to donate $100.00 rightaway.
Please start doing something. N guru did a lot during Kargil.

Paging N Guru, can you please lead.
Thanks
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

^^^ I :oops: couldnt contribute to the Quick Clot initiative. But I am with Snow saar on this one. N^3 bliss be upon u to embrace this with your maya onlee saar
kidoman
BRFite

Post by kidoman »

Saw this on NDTV 24 *7 yrday night.Really felt bad for them especially when he told that after few months they would have to vacate the house.
How do we contact them?
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

kidoman wrote:Saw this on NDTV 24 *7 yrday night.Really felt bad for them especially when he told that after few months they would have to vacate the house.
How do we contact them?
The Channel was showing his mobile number. I'll try and get it. All the poor guy was asking was his pension and a job for himself or his wife.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

I would like to help too. Paging Raja Bose
Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

The video is not opening..could someone relate what this is regarding or post an article on this ?
sourab_c
BRFite

Post by sourab_c »

Id like to help, can someone please either post his mobile number or any other ways I can contribute?
Bhaskar
BRFite

Post by Bhaskar »

If you want to help Sukant, call him at 9888854914.

http://www.ndtv.com/news/india/bsf_forg ... espair.php
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

Bhaskar wrote:If you want to help Sukant, call him at 9888854914.

http://www.ndtv.com/news/india/bsf_forg ... espair.php
That is 098888854914
mahan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mahan »

Hey any guy called him?

I intend to pass his details to Indian Club if we can help.

I wonder what happened post Kargil all the funds raised by different organisations in India!

Cant we approach them?

Spread the WORD around in your email fowards his detail.
We all receive the email FOWARDS!
Tweeter!

The more it spreads the better!

Hope god helps him out.

Ajai Shukla!
Vishnu Som!
Shiv aroor!
Cmon guys do a NEWS report and help him.
We need u.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Can one person collect the money and send-it/hand-it-over to this family?

Kindly drop an email at ramay.brf at gmail.
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

Amazing in strat forum every body claims to be a nationalist and contribute pages if not reams of brilliant analysis, but not even one nationalist comes forward to pledge.
Ha all garam hawa talking about MG SVP etc :rotfl:.

Ok for every dollar ramana garu donates i will match 50 cents! For every dollar Acharya ji donates I will match 25 cents how about that for starters. Like the way NPR does.

There are real time big nationalists in Strat forum.... one mighty opportunity to show some nationalism and real action no hawa... :mrgreen:
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Anything being set up to help the unfortunate jawan?
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

John/Andy

Did you guys find a way to send him the money ? I'll help out with some xx $ too.

-Nikhil
sheshp
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sheshp »

This is my first post however i am reading BR from last 4 yrs. I saw the video on NDTV and it made me cry. His family really needs help. I am ready to donate $100.
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

I want the help channelised thru BRF to make it obvious to evey one that we are not just talking heads. I waiting some admin to come forward and do the channellizing part.

And this shoud be doen quickly.
Thanks
JS
kittoo
BRFite

Post by kittoo »

Figure out some way of donating yet? Many of us have PayPal accounts and I believe money from that can be transferred to any Bank account in India right? If we decide to pool money in one PayPal account, that would be great. We could make one BRF account too. I am willing to do it, but would like that gurus/admins to do it so to instill confidence in people.
But if I am allowed to do it, I have both PayPal and SBI internet account (so that I can tranfer to any SBI account instantly). What appraoch can be taken?
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

Amazing not a single Admin responded. :roll:

I wish some one reports my posting as abusive and ....
then in order ban me they read the thread.

:mrgreen:

Two issues

1) BRF should get credit recognition ( not beacuse name or fame that we when ever we can respond to humanity in the nation)

2) We inculcate giving something back. ( I am neck deep into shankara eye foundation and other charities otherwise I would take a lead.)

3) this is worthy cause. and boost the morale of the jawans and no red tape.

note under 2 I put 3 thats madrassa math
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

kittoo wrote:Figure out some way of donating yet? Many of us have PayPal accounts and I believe money from that can be transferred to any Bank account in India right? If we decide to pool money in one PayPal account, that would be great. We could make one BRF account too. I am willing to do it, but would like that gurus/admins to do it so to instill confidence in people.
But if I am allowed to do it, I have both PayPal and SBI internet account (so that I can tranfer to any SBI account instantly). What appraoch can be taken?
That's a good initiative Kittoo.
I request Rahul/Other Admins to pay attention and suggest a way out. A common BR account would be great but for short notice like this I suggest we go with Kittoo's Paypal acc (and then he would transfer via SBI).
I'm sure if we try calling the number - he would have a SBI/some other Account.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Let there be a locAL BR account in Delhi in which regular donations can be made and hopefully a local Brites there can take responsibility of handling the distribution periodically. Any taker, beside ,overloaded Admins (JS)
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

folks.

please read the quikclot thread and adopt that as a model for all future worthwhile causes. One among you can take up the mantle (like kobe did in that thread) and start the initiative.

It is nice to call for admin / mod driven initatives but I feel it will be highly inefficient because of all other things being done.

you need someone who is in delhi to get these jobs done. and in this case someone who is in amritsar.

JS - dont push it
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

Jagan what do you mean by dont push it? some threat? Whats up with admins here?
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

JS

I meant these
Amazing not a single Admin responded.

I wish some one reports my posting as abusive and ....
then in order ban me they read the thread.
whats the sudden desire to get into dogfights with moderators? what does the above has to do with the purpose of this thread? and
Amazing in strat forum every body claims to be a nationalist and contribute pages if not reams of brilliant analysis, but not even one nationalist comes forward to pledge.
Ha all garam hawa talking about MG SVP etc
why take dig at other members if they haven seen this thread or forum. You will find many who wont visit strat forum and vice versa.

If this thread is about a worthwhile cause - lets keep it that way, what is the need to get into a sniping match , take jabs at others without any need for it? this thread is about that BSF soldier and not about the people you dont like.
kidoman
BRFite

Post by kidoman »

Lets stick to the cause, please..
Tried to call on the no provided but couldnt connect..
Anyone else tried??
Any body staying near Amritsar??
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

JS
I meant these .....
I stand admonished and apologize...

"Good People seldom seek apology only bad take advantage of it"
Thanks
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

ermm..nothing new to add, except just asking where one can send some money? Creating a BR trust fund/account will be a good idea to raise money for such causes.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

I will be frank.

I don't like any funds that are organised.

If someone really wishes to send him money and really cares, you have the tele no. Speak to him and send him your cheque.

That will help.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

How many cheques can a single person in his condition handle ?
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

His wife is there.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

:roll:
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

RayC wrote:I will be frank.

I don't like any funds that are organised.

If someone really wishes to send him money and really cares, you have the tele no. Speak to him and send him your cheque.

That will help.
Thats just duplication of effort for everyone. Plus "send him a cheque" isn't an option for everyone outside India. Its not a matter of your "liking" for a method.
If someone really wishes to send him money and really cares
Well, this denigration doesnt help anyone.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

someone in India should volunteer to collect money and than hand deliver to him. A good deed takes some efforts but its worth it.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

if someone near amritsar can volunteer that's well and good, if that doesn't happen(say in three more days) those in India can directly call him up and send him money by cheque/MO/DD etc.

those outside, consider asking a friend or relative in India to send money the same way. pay him/her back by regular channels.
hk_sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by hk_sharma »

Rahul M wrote:if someone near amritsar can volunteer that's well and good, if that doesn't happen(say in three more days) those in India can directly call him up and send him money by cheque/MO/DD etc.

those outside, consider asking a friend or relative in India to send money the same way. pay him/her back by regular channels.
I will also contribute. Please let me know how to
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

I will call him over the weekend and see if it is possible to transfer money to his account using facilites like UAE exchange or Western Union MT
As far as I know, cheques issued through foreign banks can be encashed in India, the only glitch being that it is a bit time consuming.
In the mean time, if anyone of you manage to contact him, please post your experiences here

Respected Rahul adMinji, please let this thread be for a while
Sandipan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sandipan »

I really feel sorry for this man specially his family, I will try to do as much within my limited means.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

guys if not a coordinated donation effort, atleast one person can collect the checks in massa and send it to the address of the person.

my mail id: clogged.brain@gmail.com
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Jagan wrote:folks.

please read the quikclot thread and adopt that as a model for all future worthwhile causes. One among you can take up the mantle (like kobe did in that thread) and start the initiative.
Guys, Please DO NOT send any funds for this effort to kobe.

And this may sound harsh but don't take it at face value: Get Organized! I just read thru the whole thread and all I see are people asking (as we desis have a habit of doing) "why doesn't somebody do something". Instead if you are really that concerned please ask what you can do.

If you want to collect funds and then send a lumpsum remember the following points (based on the pitfalls we experienced in the QuikClot donation):

1) Collecting money and accounting for it takes time - Individual donations especially in this case where the target is an individual (and not an organization) will be much faster.

2) If you guys decide on collecting money and then sending a lumpsum to the Jawan (only extra positive point here is that B-R gets good publicity) then Get Organized and do it by the book. Create a new account with 2-3 among you guys taking the responsibility of maintaining the account and keeping track of funds. These guys who volunteer have to be totally legitimate - some documented proof of where they work/what they do etc. DO NOT deposit money into One individual's private/business account because that gives him/her the sole control over the entire donation and this can screw up the entire effort without warning!

3) In case you guys want someone to present a check/draft to the Jawan physically, find atleast 2 volunteers in India (one is not good enough, again to keep a check on each other) who can do the donation to the jawan. These guys also have to be totally onboard and local to Punjab/planning to travel there.

4) Remember that if you donate US Dollars and other foreign currency directly to the Jawan you might actually get him in trouble (Remember he is a private citizen NOT a Govt. of India organization). There are Foreign Exchange Regulation laws - do your homework, figure out the logistics of how to go about the money transfer and how to ensure checks and balances so that money doesn't vanish.

Good Luck!

-- Posted on behalf of Raja, GeorgeJ and Rajiv M --