China Poll-Location Question

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.

Where will China attack India next?

Poll ended at 06 Jun 2024 08:05

Ladakh
23%
Arunachal Pradesh
65%
Uttarakhand
4%
Some other place. If so post your view.
8%

Total votes: 26

ramana
Forum Moderator

China Poll-Location Question

Post by ramana »

Please vote.
ricky_v
BRFite

Re: China Poll-Location Question

Post by ricky_v »

i believe the region where the borders between india, china and bhutan meet are the most susceptible for the next conflagration
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Logistics in Tibet suggest that Arunachal Pradesh is the place most suitable for PRC aggression.

Even when considering the flow of Brahmaputra.
Hriday
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Hriday »

Pratyush wrote: 23 May 2024 11:14 Logistics in Tibet suggest that Arunachal Pradesh is the place most suitable for PRC aggression.

Even when considering the flow of Brahmaputra.
I think Pratyush is very active in Military threads, so I decided to trust his reasons and selected Arunachal Pradesh. Also just recently saw a Twitter thread explaining why China is very interested in Arunachal Pradesh due to water resources. If I find it will post in a suitable thread. Personally I think a short and intense war with missile and drone barrage is more likely regardless of any particular locations. After a first short war, they will assess and a prolonged second war may come soon in Arunachal Pradesh.
S_Madhukar
BRFite

Post by S_Madhukar »

I still think Ladakh because it is flatter in some areas and chance to link up in PoK with Bakis who have Kargil experience and Skardu available for surprise. Uttarakhand is dark horse for a skirmish may be if Nepalese are obliging. Lizards will ideally want a backup territory for supplies and one of their slaves might be asked to put up with this
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

I would stick my neck out here and say Sikkim and threatening posture on Chicken neck. Logistics built up all along that area. There was an eyeball to eyeball confrontation ??2021. Has the potential to open new front and embarrass new government (whoever takes over the reins incumbent or new). Just to make accommodation in other sectors.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Sikkim first. If they make headway, then they will open ArP in the second phase of going up the escalation ladder. We need to watch what BD and Myanmar would be saying during the attack on Sikkim.
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

I am tending towards Ladakh, the terrain in Arunachal Pradesh would be nightmare for the PLA. If and when China attacks India, they will be facing a huge international outrage from the rest. Ladakh is where they can orchestrate a thrust and if things go haywire they retract. The Amerikis are threatening sanction via SWIFT on China for china's help towards Russia. India also has IN which can blockade the Malacca strait and flow of commerce would be interrupted. For India making a good plan to take out Tibet from Chinese control makes sense.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

In my view it will be total war like 1962 , rest being distraction and they want Tawang/ Arunachal - water, monastery, extension of Tibet (per the Chinese) etc etc
Iyersan
BRFite

Post by Iyersan »

ramana wrote: 23 May 2024 08:05Please vote.
Ramanaji We need to put a timeline to attack too.
Been a while since I came here.