Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
joygoswami
BRFite

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by joygoswami »

Apologies if posted before. Got these from PakDefence.

Finally, our Hero. :wink:
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

pictures from Exercise Ajeya Warrior
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 614&type=1
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

The Bihar Regiment may well have more CI Ops manhour than the entire brigade from where the British troops cam from...!!!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

^^^
context ? never mind, got it.
K_Rohit wrote:
Ankit Desai wrote:[*img]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6807/viewfromthewindow.jpg[/img]

There are 3 warships being constructed. Interesting.

Courtesy :- Broadsward.blogspot

Ankit
Arent these the 3 Kolkata class? Not surprising is it?

From the superstructure- looks like they have a phased array radar? Which one?
EL/M 2248 MFSTAR
D Roy
BRFite

Post by D Roy »

Love the Sevmash pic. Not everyday do you get a photo of a typhoon class right next to Vik. Awesome.

I am guessing its the Dmitri Donskoi, used for Bulava testing.
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

a MiG-29UPG. Have to download it to view the pic in full resolution
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2 ... directlink
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

Hiten wrote:a MiG-29UPG. Have to download it to view the pic in full resolution
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2 ... directlink
Looks cool, hump notwithstanding!!
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

I had done 3D Modelling of FGFA an year back. Due to the mixture of time constraint and laziness, the model was left in limbo. So, now I have done a quick job and even though the result is not to my satisfaction, at least there is an image to look at. :-)

Image Click for full view.
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Gaur wrote:I had done 3D Modelling of FGFA an year back. Due to the mixture of time constraint and laziness, the model was left in limbo. So, now I have done a quick job and even though the result is not to my satisfaction, at least there is an image to look at. :-)

Bloody Brilliant !!
Awesome work
D Roy
BRFite

Post by D Roy »

I concur.
aniket
BRFite

Post by aniket »

Beautiful !!!!
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

holy shite, that looks almost real - better than half the photoshop jobs that we see so often
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Gaur wrote:I had done 3D Modelling of FGFA an year back. Due to the mixture of time constraint and laziness, the model was left in limbo. So, now I have done a quick job and even though the result is not to my satisfaction, at least there is an image to look at. :-)

Crikey sir,
Its awesome.. For a minute i was like, which plane is that??? And then realized it was the FGFA in indian colours..

PS: Hadn't read your post then.
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

AoA!!! If that is not to your satisfaction what is?? Kudos sir that is absolutely gorgeous!
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

tejas,
I was disappointed because I had originally thought of attempting a unique take on PAK-FA. But in the end it was left neither here nor there. But no matter..it seems you guys like it so I am happy about the result now. :D

Khalsa, D Roy, aniket, JE Menon, Bala Vignesh
Thanks a lot guys. I am really happy that you liked it. Because of the good feedback, I am now really enthusiastic about doing another render from top/rear view. I am really excited about it as the preliminary test render from that camera angle show a lot of promise. :D

BTW, I should mention that nearly a year back, Rahul M had taken trouble to give me some valuable tips on texturing FGFA in another thread. So thanks to the fellow 3D artist for that. :)
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Gaur Fantastic Work !
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Gaurji, Thumbs up :D
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Austin, Chako Sahab,
Thanks for the thumbs up. It feels nice when a known Russian Military enthusiast likes your modelled Russian (OK joint) a/c and a respected Military Journalist give you his thumbs up. :D

Bala Vignesh ji,
Just noticed it... why "Crikey"? How did I ended up winning that title and what does it mean? :-? :)
Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

great job Gaur !
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Gaur wrote: Bala Vignesh ji,
Just noticed it... why "Crikey"? How did I ended up winning that title and what does it mean? :-? :)
Its a aussie exclamation. Picked it from watching way too many Steve Erwin shows, may he rest in peace.
Crikey at Urban Dictionary
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

Gaurji, please feel free to use artistic license (flat nozzles..flat nozzles..flat nozzles) for the rear view :D
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Thanks a lot Kartik. :D

Bala Vignesh,
Yeah, he was great. His Crocodile Hunter series was very enjoyable.

Tejas,
You got it. :D
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

Gaurji, fabulous work ... I liked the paint job on the current PAKFA so much that I couldn't think of anything better ... you just proved that the all-grey scheme just looks better :).

However I would like to bring a few things to your consideration:
1. The horizontal stabilizer and the wing should be more strongly coupled (there is almost no gap in the PAKFA),
2. If you have a little time on your hand, the the air intakes are a little bulged downward near the louvers. there are some louvers on the side of the intakes as well.
3. Would love a golden single bubble canopy :).

All the best for your side and top profile. Looking forward to them!
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^
I am glad that you liked it. :D
But I am ever more glad for your points. I am just an amateur hobbyist and positive criticism is always a great help. Like when members had pointed out deficiencies in my previous LCA model. While I could not do away with all the mistakes, I certainly bulged the nose of LCA for this render. So it helps. :)

Now regarding your points:

1. That could be easily done. So that improvement will be made in the next render.

2 & 3. You are right on both counts but unfortunately it is simply impossible for me to do any change in the basic shape of the model at this point. It would mean nearly re doing the whole thing again (basically the texturing which I greatly dread).

In fact, when I had originally set out to start this project, I had a very different image of the air intakes, engine bay, nozzles and canopy in mind. However, due to the mixture of time constraint and laziness, they were not even half done and the model was left looking just like an inaccurate version of PAK-FA.

Also, I had tried hard to get the canopy to be of golden orange colour but the result always looked very artificial and ugly. Its bewildering really...one would think that would be the easiest thing to do. But I'll give it a try again. :-)
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

All the best ... and if possible lengthen the thrust vectoring pannels ... they look inappropriately small.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

OK guys... enough comments, pls post pix. This is a photo only thread.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^
Sorry sirji, but I will test your patience with one more question. People can answer in newbie thread if they are interested to do so.

What would you guys like the next render to be?

1> Lone wolf FGFA on prowl?

2> 2 FGFA's?

3> Or FGFA & LCA like in this one?

4> Or some other idea of yours?
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

How about an Indian FGFA taking down a J-20 :twisted: If this is too much work two FGFA's please, Boss :D
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

My request in newbie thread.
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

a collection of hi-re pictures of the PAK-FA taken during MAKS 2011

http://www.aame.in/2011/09/t-50-pak-fa- ... paper.html
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Hiten wrote:a collection of hi-re pictures of the PAK-FA taken during MAKS 2011

Fabulous collection Hiten! Thanks a lot for sharing. :D
But the initial bunch of pics by Marina Lystseva appear to be PS work...what do you think?
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Indian Army soldiers patrol outside their army camp at Gurez, about 180 kilometers (113 miles) north of Srinagar, India, Saturday, Aug. 20, 2011. Indian troops in Kashmir fought a deadly gunbattle with suspected rebels crossing the military Line of Control from Pakistani-controlled territory Saturday, the army said. One soldier and 11 suspected rebels were killed, army spokesman Lt. Col. J.S. Brar said, but only six suspected rebels' bodies were recovered. He said the other five bodies were lost when they fell into a river during the fighting in the disputed Himalayan region.

Sharma
BRFite

Post by Sharma »

shyamd wrote: Image
Badass Mustache ....looks like Veer Madrasi
aditya.agd
BRFite

Post by aditya.agd »

I am really not confident about Indian Defense minister. He appears to be more concerned about his reputation of honesty. What we would like to see is a more proactive action based reporting on the current status of our defence preparedness.

Lovely pictures above.... Great contributions by all of you. pls keep up the good work.
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

A baby elephant fell into a water tank in West Bengal's Kalimpong area. He was part of a herd of 100 wild elephants who stopped at a reservoir to drink some water on Tuesday. The elephants surrounded the water tank and trumpeted loudly to attract attention. Then they took off. Members of the the 16 Field Ammunition Depot were called into action with staff from the elephant squad of Mahananda Wildlife Sanctuary. Range officer Bijon Talkudar was in charge. A special machine drained the reservoir of its water; a crane tried to lift the elephant out; and finally, the walls of the tank were demolished. The baby elephant was not hurt; he has been released into the forest.

Baby of a wild elephant herd rescued from water tank
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

Gaur wrote:
Hiten wrote:a collection of hi-re pictures of the PAK-FA taken during MAKS 2011

Fabulous collection Hiten! Thanks a lot for sharing. :D
But the initial bunch of pics by Marina Lystseva appear to be PS work...what do you think?

are you referring to the diffusion observed due to the aircraft's exhaust at the rear? now that you mention it, the diffusion pattern, when the aircraft is running its afterburner, does look artistic :)
prithvi

Post by prithvi »

India Pakistan border taken from International Space Station...

This is like a modern Great Wall of China.

The bright orange line on the photo below, which was taken from the International Space Station, isn't photoshopped or cleverly highlighted to show an otherwise indiscernable line. It's an actual line of lights separating a hostile Asian border.

It's the border between India and Pakistan, and it clearly shows just how divided these two nations are.

From NASA's Earth Observatory:

A striking feature is the line of lights, with a distinctly orange hue, snaking across the center of the image. It appears to be more continuous and brighter than most highways in the view. This is the fenced and floodlit border zone between India and Pakistan. The fence is designed to discourage smuggling and arms trafficking. A similar fenced zone separates India’s eastern border from Bangladesh (not visible).
The photo also holds another little treat, an aura high above the Earth that seems to curve perfectly with the planet's edge. This glow is created by radiation hitting the Earth's atmosphere, according to the Earth Observatory.

The photo itself was taken with a Nikon D3S digital camera using a 16mm lens and is a bit blurry because of a one second shutter-speed that allowed for additional light absorption
Original link
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=52008
Amitabh
BRFite

Post by Amitabh »

Kersi D wrote:
sarkar wrote:INS Godavari anchored at Mumbai... Took these pics in March this year..

Looks like INS Godavari also has Barak ? I thought only INS Ganga and INS Gomti had Barak

Kersi
Furthermore, the 57mm guns have been replaced by an OTO 76mm gun, bringing the Type 16s up to par with Type 16A in yet another respect.