Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

fanne
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by fanne »

There is a nice read on how Gujarat BJP finished con in Guj. When BJP won first time in Guj (with Janta party) and subsequent on its own, it saw Con regaining strength and reach. That baffled them. On further research, it was concluded that, Cong had retain control (in spite of being out of power) by still having members in these various government and quasi govt positions. It is famous how to defang con, Amit shah himself ran for Chamber of commerce head for Guj. Slowly they weeded out these parasites, and after the pool was drained of these scum, con has been powerless in Guj, so much so that their tallest leader is more ideological comfortable with BJP then with con.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Why is Modi meeting that blind bat?
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

fanne ji,

Any article with the above info? I would love to tweet it.

Regards,
Vamsee
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^^ that explains why Modi is quite for past couple of weeks... And also his decision to delay Japanese trip..
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

RamaY wrote:^^ that explains why Modi is quite for past couple of weeks... And also his decision to delay Japanese trip..
Yup. I said in the past that Modi is moving with a plan. No rash decisions at all.

I think this is comparable to Chanakya/Chandragupta taking over Magadha empire. They had to face the following challenges

1) Officers who are loyal to the Dynasty who were waiting to betray the new regime. The leader of this pack was Amatya Rakshas
2) Leaders with in ruling alliance who did not care for higher ideals of Bharatiya Utkarsha and are in this venture purely for monetary gains (Malayaketu, brother of Purushottama etc)
3) The enemies across the border (Greeks) who are waiting for an opportunity to destroy the empire actively seeking help from above 1 & 2 category people
4) The general population of Magadha who were having high hopes of good governance from new regime.

Modi also faces the same issues. He started with step 1 of purging dynasty loyalists. He can not ignore any of the above 4 challenges.

Regards,
Vamsee
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Vamsee ji, I wont be surprised if that article is in this thread. Let me google and see!!
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Who are in the Vigilance Circle?
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

To turn India around, the Congi chamchas need to be uprooted from all positions of power - upper, middle, and lower rungs.

Re. this brouhaha about the NaMo Govt wanting to fire Governors appointed by Cong, I think the Supreme Court judgement is wrong. A Governor's is not an elected position, it is a political position. A Governor is the representative of the Central Govt in a state. Therefore, when the Central Govt changes, it is to be expected that all political appointees of the previous Govt are replaced. The Governors are not part of the civil service or military service either, so as to be protected by their service rules. I think it was truly meant to be a position that was 'at the pleasure of the President' i.e. at the pleasure of the incumbent Central Govt.

The BJP made a mistake in filing a case in Supreme Court against the removal of BJP Governors by the UPA Govt in 2004. These are the mistakes that come back to haunt you.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

fanne wrote:There is a nice read on how Gujarat BJP finished con in Guj. When BJP won first time in Guj (with Janta party) and subsequent on its own, it saw Con regaining strength and reach. That baffled them. On further research, it was concluded that, Cong had retain control (in spite of being out of power) by still having members in these various government and quasi govt positions. It is famous how to defang con, Amit shah himself ran for Chamber of commerce head for Guj. Slowly they weeded out these parasites, and after the pool was drained of these scum, con has been powerless in Guj, so much so that their tallest leader is more ideological comfortable with BJP then with con.
That is fascinating. Almost like a BRF strategy to cleanse CONgi vermin :) . Would love to have the link to the book/article.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

^ Isn't he supposed to be traveling in the Air India One? Where did the girl come from?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

must be old pic
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

interior of Shinkansen train on prior japan visit. that air conditioning is the signature
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-68R56tC-Xyc/U ... C02580.JPG

think beyond the plane!
rohitv
BRFite

Post by rohitv »

Singha wrote:interior of Shinkansen train on prior japan visit. that air conditioning is the signature
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-68R56tC-Xyc/U ... C02580.JPG

think beyond the plane!
Old pic when Modi visited Japan. Its from inside of a train.
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

American lawmakers want Narendra Modi to address US Congress

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 911669.cms
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Yes that's the interior of the Green Car (1st class) of the Tokaido Shinkansen, which runs at 300km/h between Tokyo and Osaka.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Shamlee wrote:American lawmakers want Narendra Modi to address US Congress

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 911669.cms

If this does come to pass, it will be a huge blow to H&D for the Khans. That the man they declared PGN nearly 10 years ago, is getting red carpet treatment from the US legislature.

But we will need to wait and see if this will indeed happen.
Kamal_raj
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kamal_raj »

I am wary of this as this can be used to troll Modi. This is an opportunitiy for paid media to have another headline.
"Modi refused permission to address US Congress".

You can see burka dutt is unable to get an Indian PM interview in India so she goes all the way to US to get Hillary clintons interview.

Regds
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

fanne wrote:There is a nice read on how Gujarat BJP finished con in Guj. When BJP won first time in Guj (with Janta party) and subsequent on its own, it saw Con regaining strength and reach. That baffled them. On further research, it was concluded that, Cong had retain control (in spite of being out of power) by still having members in these various government and quasi govt positions. It is famous how to defang con, Amit shah himself ran for Chamber of commerce head for Guj. Slowly they weeded out these parasites, and after the pool was drained of these scum, con has been powerless in Guj, so much so that their tallest leader is more ideological comfortable with BJP then with con.
do you have the link? thanks
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

His Master’s Mind
The first task was to challenge the Congress hold over rural Gujarat. They worked on a simple calculation—that for every elected village pradhan, there was an equally powerful and resourceful leader who failed to make the grade. The defeated headman was not ready to play second fiddle, nor ready to wait five years. Shah and a few of his handpicked assistants approached defeated pradhans and “set them up” as “a rival pull of attraction”. In no time, there was a network of 8,000 pradhan challengers working for the BJP, Shah recounts.

The next task was to demolish the Congress hold over sports bodies, especially in cricket and chess. Shah was in charge of an operation that resembled aggressive raids in the corporate world, and, after sustained effort, the BJP managed to dislodge the Congress from all sports bodies. This denied the rival party an important source of patronage.

The takeover would not be complete so long as Gujarat’s powerful cooperatives, whose role in the state’s economy was paramount, remained in Congress hands. The same strategy was employed here as well, notes Shah.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

DhanyVad kmk ji
Kamal_raj
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kamal_raj »

Exclusive! NCP may merge with Cong; Pawar can be named Maha CM candidate

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/exclu ... 140621.htm
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Kamal_raj wrote:Exclusive! NCP may merge with Cong; Pawar can be named Maha CM candidate

First time in modern India we hear of rats swimming to a sinking ship!!!!
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Actually the rats are trying to hold on to each other as the water level keeps on rising.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Supratik wrote:Actually the rats are trying to hold on to each other as the water level keeps on rising.
Yes, it is an act of desperation. It is too late. Mamata and Jaya are going to be chewed up eventually as well. Once Amit Shah is in full form and takes the reins of the party he is going to pulverize these guys.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

ramana, a joint-sinking plan is a welcome move!
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

ramana wrote:
Kamal_raj wrote:Exclusive! NCP may merge with Cong; Pawar can be named Maha CM candidate

First time in modern India we hear of rats swimming to a sinking ship!!!!
8) :mrgreen:

I predicted it: :oops:
Posted: 18 May 2014 12:16 pm
johneeG wrote:Some interesting developments:
a) Kongis want to merge with Tee Aar Yes.
b) Nikku, Lallu and kongis will merge.
c) Gajan is facing jail, so he will come near kongis.
d) Fordriwal wants alliance with kongis.

Now, only one thing is left: all left + dhidhi + kongis.

Basically, all gang up leaving a few non-kongi players. All kongis B and kongis are merging. This is like rakthabeeja vs Kaali.
Link

Posted: 18 May 2014 06:34 pm
It seems to me that all kongis and kongi Bs will come together and merge into one unit. Left+dhidhi+kongi+Nikku+Lallu+KCR+Gajan+Abdula+Fordriwal+Akki.

Power and Behenji may or may not join. Blind man can also hedge his bets.

I think Paswan said it perfectly: when rain comes, snake and scorpion hide together for protection.
If that does not happen, then the opponents stand no chance before NaMo.

It reminds me of the raktha beeja vs Kaali.
Link

Posted: 01 Jun 2014 10:56 pm
True, saar. I think lotus+Maya will come to power if lotus can remove the Akki rule right now due to lack of law and order and conduct fresh elections. Maya will be new Nikku. Similarly, there needs to be election in Vihar as well. Then, kongi+nikku+lallu will be decimated. The first step is to remove all the kongi Guvs. Similarly, in Dilli, I think it will be Fordriwal + Kongi.

Eventually, in 5 yrs, I think all kongis will come together to form a grand alliance like kongi version of Janta dal to fight lotus. Initially, I thought Dhidhi will not be part of it, but it seems like she is totally controlled by the islamists. So, she will be part of it.

So,
it will be
Abdulah+Fordriwal+Dhidhi+Gajan+KCR+Mullah+Niku+Lallu+dynasty == kongi united.

kongi united can then fight 2019 or try for a 'spring'.
Link

I think the Maha+KTK+T is seen as the neo-Nizaami area where the dynasty can hibernate. It seems Power tried to warm up to NaMo. But, it seems there is a lot of pressure being mounted on him and the citadel is being threatened. So, Munde died and now talk of merger.

There still seem to be forces which are pushing for Dhravidian(AP+Kerala+TN) and Khalisthan(Pujab) apart from North-East. If these forces are able to destabilize, then only the west and central will remain stable.

I think the division of AP was the plan B after the destruction of Pirabhakaran at global level.

It seems that the Aar Yes Yes is focusing on Vangal and Maha.

----
Ramana Gaaru,
there was a theory that Ramoji was funding T-party. He launched a T version of his channel. And then, other rival channels were banned. Those channels had not launched any T version. They just had one version. I think this ban is basically profiting only him. Maybe he is behind these moves at local level.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

barkha dutt @BDUTT · 19h
Impressed by @narendramodi decision to invite Sharif @HillaryClinton tells me. Calls visa issue "a thing of past"
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

The comment was posted by one Inzmam Qadri from UP and it reads: "Modi ki Maa ko kidnap karle to jo bhi chahe woh karva sakte hain." (If we kidnap Modi's mother, he will do whatever we say.)

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 978878.cms

Modi's mother threatened by FB poster
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

IndraD wrote:barkha dutt @BDUTT · 19h
Impressed by @narendramodi decision to invite Sharif @HillaryClinton tells me. Calls visa issue "a thing of past"
Bdutt is trying to save her H&D by using her Dehati Aurat network.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

IndraD wrote:The comment was posted by one Inzmam Qadri from UP and it reads: "Modi ki Maa ko kidnap karle to jo bhi chahe woh karva sakte hain." (If we kidnap Modi's mother, he will do whatever we say.)

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 978878.cms

Modi's mother threatened by FB poster
His wife and mom have SPG cover, dont worry.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

The FRENCH poster will now go to jail, under it act. The sikular crowd will shout freedom of speech.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Hari sirji, I am now at your town from yesterday.

On rail fare hike, people who travel in Railways know that the service is where bad. So if there is improvement then people are willing to pay more. The problem with the PSU culture is failure to provide quality service. Not the price. Now that prices are reasonably increased, time to do some serious improvement in service and structural changes. There should not be much difficulty for reducing delays, increase cleanliness in rails and stations and generally improve all the services. There are several stupidities that can be stopped. For example to book online you have to register. I do not see a reason for a person who travels once in while needs to register? Similarly online booking which saves money to railways charged more, which is stupid.

Indian Railway Service has to go. Further corporation of railways should start and as a first steps transfer huge amount of lands and properties which are non core assets of railways to be transferred from railway ownership. Once non core assets are removed then railways can be divided into corporations at state level. Cancellation of trains which are not profitable and increasing the charges on week ends etc where there is huge demand from many cities.

Only one place this decision may have adverse effect is Mumbai city which is seriously dependent on local trains. People are forced travel in them as they have little choice. But fare increase is reasonable after decades of subsidizing. There is no reason for entire nation to subsidize Mumbai.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Narayana Rao wrote:Hari sirji, I am now at your town from yesterday.
narayan rao garu,

my brf email has been killed by yahoo due to inactivity. could you email me at my work ID? You know who i am, so kindly g00gle and obtain my email. Dunno how to send DMs on BRF.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Media freedom curtailed during UPA regime
Media freedom curtailed during UPA regime: Prakash Javadekar

By PTI | 21 Jun, 2014, 10.06PM IST

MUMBAI: Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar today said "emergency mindset" continued during the UPA regime which curtailed media freedom in the country.

"After I became the I&B minister, I was reviewing pending files in my ministry. I noticed that while many TV channels had got permissions to start operations, one proposal had been rejected....I checked the Home Ministry's report to find out the cause....I was shocked to see that the channel's proposal was rejected because one of the director's father was an RSS member," Javadekar said, speaking to reporters at a function.

"The Emergency Mindset had continued (during the UPA regime)," he said, referring to the curtailment of media freedom during the Emergency imposed by the Indira Gandhi-led government in 1975.
member_23061
BRFite

Post by member_23061 »

pandyan wrote:
Just want to highlight how popular regional leaders like JJ are.

http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-show/s ... 130322.htm
A Ganesh Nadar visits one of Chennai's state-sponsored breakfast centres that serve piping hot food at dirt cheap prices and comes away impressed. Could the way to a voter's heart be through his stomach?
http://www.firstpost.com/india/after-am ... 94695.html
With this step, the government has been able to keep the prices low by keeping the middlemen at bay. What is noteworthy that the move has not burdened the exchequer with a subsidy burden.

Reportedly, the outlets sold a whopping 13,000 kg of vegetables on the first day. Jayalalithaa had recently made a similar market intervention by offloading one lakh metric tonne rice, when prices were going up.
DMK too gave a lot of freebies. I just think it was not implemented well.

Amma seems to be determined to implement her Stalinist styled freebies. I dont take Ashwin's jokes to be far fetched. Amma soap and stuff can become real anytime.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Tell me what you want, JJ has definitely improved the lot of a lot of poor people in TN. Her desire for people to kowtow is at Star Trek levels though.. I once caught a glimpse of senior seeming people, I.e in senior positions, falling in full length prostrations left and right on the tarmac in chennai when she was about to disembark... Incredible. Wonder what feminists have to say about her.
ritesh
BRFite

Post by ritesh »

Narayana Rao wrote:There is no reason for entire nation to subsidize Mumbai.
No sir. This is wrong notion. Mumbai suburban local train network is either no profit no loss entity or profitable one. Mumbaikars dont get same largess as luytenwalas get.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

^^Sure, I have no problem with that whatsoever. Democracy takes many forms, but in the end it leads to the one :D

Sometimes a big one.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Amma also runs a well organised corrupt net work in which she only has final say.